The Toy Box Renewed

The Toy Box Renewed for Season 2

ABC is saying “Game on!” to another season of The Toy Box.

The network has renewed the competition series, hosted by Modern Family star Eric Stonestreet, for a second season, it was announced Thursday.

On the program, inventors and their toy concepts are put through a series of trials and tests before facing the panel of judges (aka no-nonsense, toy-loving kids).

The Toy Box premiered in April to 4.1 million total viewers and a 0.8 demo rating in the Friday lead-off spot. Through its seven-week run it averaged 2.9 mil and a 0.6 — down sharply from this TV season’s Last Man Standing/Dr. Ken average (5.4 mil/1.0), but surely at a fraction of the cost.

1. Tee says:

No. I watched this with my five year old nephew and found the judge stop be annoying and the winning toy to be lame. I reserved it for my nephew, and he played with it for all of five minutes before he said he wished it was the light box terrier. The definitely need to revamp the voting process in season 2. Maybe have the audience voice an opinion. Let those of us who will be buying the “toys” have a say in what we want!

• Cody Drennen says:

I agree, the winning toy was not that good. The terrior or the ball was ten times better.

• I feel like the winning toy was the type of toy that really only appeals to a very specific audience. I could have seen my younger sister playing with it for hours when we were kids, but I would have been bored in a few minutes. But then, I also wasn’t a fan of the Lightbox terrier, those I suppose my child self might have been.
      I feel like the ball should have won. It was easily the most versatile toy on the show.

2. ME says:

ABC cancelled LMS w/ this garbage of a show . Nice move you morons. A show pulling about half the demo and rating👎.

3. LT says:

Couple of things…1) I really liked this show, but couldn’t even tell you what toy won. 2) I assume they will revamp a bit as people will not be surprised by the kid judges coming out of the dark?

4. Valerie Tower says:

Not a fan

5. Kerricatt says:

Seriously? Whatever!

6. Tiffany says:

Thanks , I’ve just been searching for information about this topic for a long time and yours is the
    best I have came upon so far. However, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you sure about the supply?