Quantico Season 3

Quantico: Yasmine Al Massri Not Returning for Season 3

Quantico is losing more than just its showrunner.

TVLine has confirmed that original cast member Yasmine Al Massri — who has played twin FBI recruits Nimah and Raina on the ABC drama for two seasons — will not be returning for Season 3.

The actress announced her departure on social media earlier this week.

As previously reported, Quantico creator Joshua Safran has stepped down as showrunner, although he will stay on as a consultant. “I will be consulting with the show moving forward, but I will not be with the show on a day-to-day level,” Safran told TVLine. “I love the show, so I’ll be making sure it stays what it is.”

A new showrunner has not been named.

Despite anemic ratings, Quantico was renewed last month for a third season, which is slated to launch in early 2018.

What say you, Quantico fans? Will you miss Nimah and Raina? Do you have concerns about what this portends for Season 3? Weigh in below!

1. T. says:

We almosy never see muslim character except guest stars who play terrorists. Sad to see her go.

2. Little late on this scoop. This was announced a few days ago.

3. JeriHallens says:

Aren’t they doing a reboot? Other characters will be gone too. Honestly season 2 was awful. Convoluted first half then boring second half. Season 1 was excellent.

4. Lola says:

Another reason I won’t be returning as a viewer. But good luck.

5. Ray says:

That’s a shame. She brought something fresh to the show.

6. David says:

Damn, of all the cast to let go, this is a shame.

7. dan says:

She was the best actor on the show and had the second best hair (Prianka wins the hair award). She looked good in a Henley during season one (which was the only requirement for being employed on this show). Hopefully she’ll find something better soon.

8. lisa says:

I feel like season 1 was good. The first half of season 2 was horrible. And the second half of season 2 got a little better. They need to stop taking themselves so seriously with such ridiculous plot lines. Concentrate on characters and their relationships and love lives. Getting to political made for a confusing plot when they were all held hostage in season 2.

9. G says:

Sad to see Nimah go. I’d rather see them get rid of Safran as a consultant. Quantico should get back to the entertaining action and romance it was in season 1 instead of the boring political parody it became in season 2. Since Quantico is my favorite guilty pleasure, hopefully a new showrunner can blow some fresh wind into this show.

10. fernando933 says:

Still time to cancel this mess

11. jim rose says:

She (they) will both be missed very much. Not only is she (they) beautiful but have delivered an outstanding performance with their role. Wishing them both the best with their career.

12. Muffy says:

I still can’t get over the fact that nobody at the FBI knew she had a twin. That goes on the list of totally unrealistic tv moments.

13. parstl says:

Yasmine was my favorite actress/actoractor on the show along with Aunj. Ellis. She will be missed

14. Hopeful says:

Too bad she’s leaving. It was nice to see some more diversity and certainly her character would be a huge asset to any team……. It did border on ludicrous that a bunch of brand-new, haven’t-gotten-their–ID-badges-dirty-yet newbies would be given all the save the world assignments. And while I really enjoy Priyanka’s character the best, even I was rolling my eyes sometime at how she always had all the answers. There were a serious number of holes in the story lines, too. Some credibility issues for sure. And yet I stuck with it and will be checking it out again next season. Hoping for the best.

15. Donna C. says:

Yes I am sad the twins are leaving but why as usual no explanation as to the reason other than budget cuts. Quantico was supposed to be cancelled sorry it wasn’t terrible season 2 now with the twins gone consider me gone as well.

16. Elisa says:

R u frkn kidding me I just burned through the 2nd season on Netflix and I looooove this show!!!

Raina/ Nhmah has to come back she is such a big part of the show!!!

17. LMF says:

oh sure, always about race unless its a Caucasian getting cut. geez. salaries are negotiated time of hire, screen time etc. I will however miss her as I think she was an asset to a dying show. started at 100%, now 50%, next season probably 25% unless they do something to save it

18. JAMES says:

Such a SHAME that characters that reflect the diversity in AND loyalty to this country are always the first and quickest to be written off! As an avid fan of QUANTICO I was very much looking forward to continuing storylines that build on, develop and add depth to ALL the characters, but especially the “minority ” ones. SAD, SO SAD

19. JAMES says:

The truth hurts doesn’t it?