DuckTales Revival Gets Summer Premiere Date on Disney XD — Watch New Opening Title Sequence

Disney XD is making a pitstop in Duckburg — known for its gorgeous summer weather, in addition to its curious distribution of wealth — before relocating full-time in the fall.

The network on Wednesday announced that its highly anticipated DuckTales revival will debut as a one-hour TV movie, appropriately titled DuckTales: Woo-oo!, which will air for 24 hours straight — that’s a total of 24 airings for my fellow math strugglers out there — beginning Saturday, Aug. 12 at midnight ET.

The series, already renewed for a second season, will then make its formal premiere on Saturday, Sept. 23 with two new episodes airing throughout the day, beginning at 7 am.

DuckTales stars the voices of David Tennant (Doctor Who) as Scrooge McDuck, Danny Pudi (Community) as Huey, Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation) as Dewey, Bobby Moynihan (Saturday Night Live) as Louie, Kate Micucci (Garfunkel and Oates) as Webby Vanderquack, Beck Bennett (SNL) as Launchpad McQuack, Toks Olagundoye (Castle) as Mrs. Beakley and Tony Anselmo as Donald Duck.

Throughout the season, you can also expect to hear from Lin-Manuel Miranda (Hamilton) as Gizmoduck, Allison Janney (Mom) as Goldie O’Gilt, Margo Martindale (The Americans) as Ma Beagle and Jim Rash (Community) as Gyro Gearloose, among many others.

Hit PLAY on the just-released opening title sequence above, then drop a comment below: Will you embrace the new DuckTales with open arms wings?

1. Eric says:

I hope that robot isn’t Gizmoduck redesign. It looks like an early Dr Who villain.

2. Jasonbres says:

Who’s singing the theme? Better not be one of those stupid bubblegum pop singers that Disney likes to manufacture.

3. Lola says:

Might solve a mystery or rewrite history. Ducktales. That was my favorite animated series.

4. steven says:

The theme song is just noise now.

5. clintbrew says:

cannot wait i take it that donald duck has a bigger role in it though cus in the original he was in the navy and he shipped the nephews of to scrooge so looks like he sticking around going on adventures with them instead

6. Kim says:

The original Ducktales theme song is the song that ends up getting stuck in my head more often than not. I don’t want to be a bitter old person but… stop the falsettos.

7. Jennifer says:

Holy Cast Batman. Can’t wait!!!

8. Nicole says:

What the heck did they do to the animation!!! Maybe I love the original to much… because I HATED this.

9. iHeart says:

hmmm no Magica DeSpell, what a bummer

10. the song would be better if you could actually hear the singer instead of here being almost completely drowned out by the band

i still stand by original opinion they should’ve let the cast sing it
    because thoroughly enjoyed the video they did

11. Michelle says:

Really hoping the Dutch dub will use Bob van der Houven again for Huey/Dewey/Louie

12. lrdslvrhnd says:

I liked it. Singer was decent enough, and the titles themselves were pretty imaginative. Nice to see they still haven’t fixed the awkward timing of “Tales of derring-do, bad & good luck tales.” On the other hand, I kind of wish they’d fixed the awkward timing of it LOL

13. McCapwell says:

I hope this is truer to Carl Barks’s brilliance, but I’m not holding out much hope.

14. michael mahar says:

My grandchildren are going to be sick , what did they do to Hewey ,Dewey ,Louie, put them back they have fake square faces , who put this disaster togeter Walt is turning over. I grew up in garden grove ca. just down from disneyland we went there every year . from 1955 it was a dream come true , one year i met louis Armstrong on the pattel wheel river boat ’58 i think. I alwayed loved those ducks . more so then Mickey ,i have all the old comics and collection of the new, it is loved by my children and my grand children . please change them back, Michael Mahar