Nathan Fillion Unfortunate Events

Nathan Fillion, Tony Hale, Others Join A Series of Unfortunate Events Season 2

Castle alum Nathan Fillion and Veep‘s Tony Hale are among the cast additions for Season 2 of Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events.

Additionally, Sara Rue (Impastor), Lucy Punch (Ben & Kate) and Roger Bart (Desperate Housewives) are on board for the Netflix series’ sophomore run, our sister site Variety reports.

No character details were revealed as producers announced the castings at a Friday night FYC event, though The Wrap is reporting that Fillion will play the brother of Patrick Warburton’s title character.

Based on the series of novels and starring Neil Patrick Harris as Count Olaf, Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events was renewed for Season 2 in March, and weeks later saw that renewal extended through Season 3.

1. Nathan says:

Nice

2. Ellen says:

Sooooo looking forward to this!!! Great Netflix series!

3. Talia says:

I watched the first season. Can’t wait for this one too. So amazing.

4. Steven says:

Love Sara Rue! Happy for her!

5. kitsunesaru says:

Nathan Fillion: Jacques Snicket?

6. Chuck says:

A mini Dr. Horrible reunion with Fillion and NPH and some great additions for season 2

7. I bet Nathan Fillion is Jacques, Tony Hale is Vice Principle Nero and Sarah Rue is Esme Squalor! I don’t think I’ve seen Rue in anything before but Esme is such a fantastic character and I hope she pulls it off!

8. DL says:

I still enjoy Nathan Fillion, but I can’t help noticing how quickly he dropped weight after Castle ended. Seems to corroborate accounts that he was taking the show for granted, at least to my mind. I’ll never look at him quite the same way after how he left Stana out to dry for a show reboot that never actually happened. That said, no one’s perfect, so it’s not as if I feel inclined not to watch him when he pops up. I’m just disappointed one of my favorite shows ended so ignominiously when a little solidarity from the leading man, and loyalty to the cast and what the show had always been, might have cemented a legitimate ending instead of the cobbled together nonsense we received.

• c-mo says:

After more than a year, the grudge you’re carrying around is probably getting pretty heavy by now. Stana has obviously moved on with her new show, I think we should all take her cue and do the same. I’m a huge fan of the show too, and didn’t like the way Stana was treated but I can’t do anything about it. Watch, don’t watch, Netflix obviously has an agenda and Nathan must be part of it with as much as they’re using him recently.

• AprilJo says:

I agree 100% with every DL said.

9. Corfefe says:

Excited to see Nathan reunite with NPH and work with Tony Hale. His role in Santa Clarita Diet, also on Netflix, was memorable, and fingers crossed he gets his own show with them soon.

10. Talia says:

Regarding Castle, it takes two to tango and the only people who really know what happened are behind the scenes and aren’t telling. Excellent casting. Can’t wait to see it.