Fall TV Preview
Flash Recap Season 3 Finale

The CW Sets Fall Premiere Dates for Flash, Supernatural, Dynasty, 7 Others

The CW is the second broadcast net to detail its premiere plan for the 2017-18 TV season (following big sister CBS), and for the first time the network will let loose with all the pigeons during a single week.

After playing host to the iHeartRadio Musical festival on Wednesday, Oct. 4 and Friday, Oct. 6, The CW will unfurl its fall slate starting Monday, Oct. 9, with the new pairing of Supergirl with the freshman military drama ValorCrazy Ex-Girlfriend and Jane the Virgin then close things out, on Friday the 13th :-O

On tap for midseason: Returning series iZombieThe 100 and The Originals, as well as new entries BLACK LIGHTNINGand LIFE SENTENCE.

All told, The CW’s rollout plan goes like this:

MONDAY, OCTOBER 9
8/7c Supergirl Season 3 premiere
9 pm VALOR series premiere

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 10
8 pm The Flash Season 4 premiere
9 pm DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 premiere

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 11
8 pm Riverdale Season 2 premiere
9 pm DYNASTY series premiere (Read our First Impression)

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 12
8 pm Supernatural Season 13 premiere
9 pm Arrow Season 6 premiere

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 13
8 pm Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Season 3 premiere
9 pm Jane the Virgin Season 4 premiere

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Shaun says:

Fridays blow!With Grimm gone that night is pretty dead except for SHIELD.

2. I wonder why they always put Supernatural a week later? Is it to avoid the DC momentum? But Arrow is part of that.

Any ideas TVLine?

3. Jonathan Carpenter says:

Have we gotten any word of Legends of Tomorrow’s episode count? I’m assuming Black Lightning will take it’s spot after it finishes.

• Mo says:

I hope they keep Barry in the SF until Legends is done for the season. That Tuesday is way to packed for me.

4. Lysh says:

At first I was like, ugh four months, but there’s SDCC next month and I’m sure tons of news once people go back to set, and I have so many books to read.
    Is Legends still doing 18 episodes?

5. Kevin Tran says:

Dynasty and Valor won’t last that long. Black Lightning and Life Sentence are destined to become breakout hits until mid-season just like what Riverdale did. Is it going to tough for Arrow in the 9 pm Thursday night time slot facing off against Scandal?

6. Emor says:

Well Cw, I’ll see you in March 2018 when I-zombie & The 100 come back.

7. lastfrontier84 says:

Friday is ironically going to be one of my busiest nights DVR wise I think. OUAT, Blindspot, The Exorcist, Inhumans/AOS , JTV

8. Joey Padron says:

I’m excited to watch the new seasons of all of DC shows the fall!

9. T.W.S.S. says:

So is “Legends of Tomorrow” moving to Wednesdays or not, because ads on the CW app seem to think it is.

10. Drew says:

Based on his Twitter comment, Stephen Amell is thrilled with the later time slot for Arrow. I firmly stand behind his commitment to at least one bare bum in the 9 PM showing of Arrow. Who’s with me?
    I think TVLine needs to confirm exactly WHOSE bum he’s hoping to see. (Or run a poll of TVLine readers to see whose bum we want to see!) Below is Amell’s Tweet today:
    October 12th.
    It’s a Thursday.
    It’s at 9 pm.

Hopefully the later time slot leads to at least one bare bum shown on tv.

#ArrowSeason6

11. Sharon says:

I’m pretty sure Valor and Dynasty will bomb.

• Vince says:

Valor I agree but Dynasty only have to get Riverdale numbers to get renewed. That one had dreadful numbers too yet got renewed.

• TV Gord says:

I think Riverdale’s numbers are low on The CW because it’s on Netflix the next day without having to FF through commercials. It would be nice to know how many hits it gets there, but of course, they never say.

12. fernando933 says:

Valor will be the first drama to be cancel and be replace with blacklighting or life sentence

13. Stephanie davis says:

Dynasty. Not going to last not even a season..would been better have continuous from old ..I know not all actors are passed but put some in there call it next generation. .this will attract young and old to watch not just young.. I grew up on these shows also knots landing and Dallas….as public watch. What happen…

14. Janice says:

When will the 100 be back?

15. Janice says:

When is the 100 coming back ?

16. fly says:

definitely watching flash, legends of tomorrow and arrow but not watching that useless program supergirl anymore.

17. How will the narrative momentum of the DCU crossovers be affected by Arrow’s schedule change? Crossover, Crossover, Dynasty/Valor, Crossover doesn’t quite work imo

18. Charley says: