World of Dance Ratings

Ratings: World of Dance Slips in Week 2

NBC’s World of Dance this Tuesday drew 8.5 million total viewers and a 1.9 demo rating, slipping 12 and 21 percent from its well-watched premiere.

That said, NBC notes that the freshman dance competition delivered the highest-rated Week 2 for any new summer series since CBS’ Under the Dome circa 2013.

Opening the Peacock’s night, America’s Got Talent (12.2 mil/2.6) was steady versus its season opener.

Elsewhere: ABC’s Downward Dog (3.6 mil/0.7) and CBS’ 48 Hours: NCIS (4.8 mil/0.5) were both steady, while The CW’s iZombie (1.18 mil/0.4) — pending certain adjustment due to MLB preemption — is currently up.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Shaun says:

That kid group on World of Dance was amazing.

2. kmw says:

NBC and any network will take that number( and Shades of Blue isn’t any where near it) so even the drop is ok for Dance

3. Eli Oberlander says:

The one issue that I have with the show is it claims to be any style (which is true) but the judges seem to be heavily favoring hip hop and street dancing with their scores.

• Nick says:

So, I wasn’t the only one who noticed that. I saw some really good dancers/routines that scored ok, yet some hip hop dancer does some boring popping and they get 90+? Don’t get me wrong, I like the hip hop/street stuff, but there were some that were just a snoozefest, yet rated highly.

4. AngieD says:

I usually love dance competitions. Look forward to each new season of SYTYCD and enjoy DWTS. For me World of Dance is too similar to Americas’ favorite Dance Crew/America’s got Talent, etc. Unlike SYTYCD and DWTS, I don’t feel like I’m watching these dancers do something out of their comfort zones. They are all fantastic dancers, but so far, haven’t seen the challenge for the dancers at a personal level. I guess it’s just not what I expected.

• GrumpyMittens says:

I think it’s too early to say anything like this, mostly because their system is similar to SYTYCD – we’re pretty much only much only at the auditions stage (so everyone is in their element). We’ll have to see what will happen when they enter the next stage of the competition – if I’m not mistaken it’ll be more challenging and involve work with choreographers.
      Though, to be fair, in this one most acts are professionals (which to me personally is refreshing, I’m always sad to see people go from SYTYCD only because they haven’t worked with choreographer before and Vegas stage is the worst moment possible for them to start).

5. GraceM says:

Not surprised the ratings dropped for World of Dance. Everyone tuned in to see the premiere out of curiosity. Not that many people were interested after I guess.

I know I haven’t watched it and won’t ever. Not my thing.

6. fernando933 says:

Downward Dog should be renew for next summer

7. christopher bee says:

It was lovely to watch Fik Shun again, he´s really good.

8. Nan says:

I think that Jenna Dewan Tatum is unnecessary and the backstories are just okay….a lot of unnecessary fillers.

9. Lisa Marie says:

One thing you should do is not let them rehearsal in the same room , Latino said we watched and we added more throws cheat thats all I have to say.

10. Duane says:

Jenifer, as much as I luv you and think your voice is totally melodic…why the almost nude thing all the time? YAAAAAYN Just be the skilled professional I know you are!!
    Derrick…the only man who can do a booty shake in total rhythm to the music…why give people who totally relate to the music, rhythm, communication, and thrill you… an 80!! GRRRRR….please shave you look like you cant afford good maintenance…PLS avoid the most popular person who only proved they can point their hands in the same frame at the same time…daaaaaaH
    Please people, go to a clubs and deal with thrill of the moment instead of dealing with YOUR popularity and/or their POPULARITY.
    So far, as a professional dancer and judge of over 30yrs, I am having problems with your judging criteria…POPULARITY Y seems to be more important than actual skill!!!
    Please try and work on consistency of judging criteria, and a consistent griadiant of
    understanding of the DANCE.

Thanks for listening…. DUANE