Megyn Kelly NBC

The Daily Show's Michelle Wolf Rips 'Conniving' Megyn Kelly's NBC Debut: 'You're Not the New Barbara Walters'

Megyn Kelly officially made her NBC debut on Sunday with the premiere of her much-buzzed-about newsmagazine — but at least one Daily Show personality isn’t buying into the hype.

On Monday’s episode of The Daily Show With Trevor Noah, correspondent Michelle Wolf ripped into Kelly for her “disgusting” attempt at “trying to manipulate the American public” in the first episode of her new show.

Although Kelly kicked off Sunday Night by addressing the volatile cable news landscape — even asking viewers, “Can’t we all just get along?” — Wolf urged the audience to remember that Kelly was a staple of that same cable world for the last 12 years.

“I’m sorry, now we’re all supposed to be friends?” Wolf mocked. “Now that you’re at NBC, you’re acting all peaceful, like some sort of Mahatma Blondie?”

After showing a brutal clip reel of Kelly’s time on Fox News, Wolf continued: “Five months ago, she was part of the problem. Actually, she was the queen of the problem… Sorry, Megyn, you’re not the new Barbara Walters. You’re that Sprint/Verizon guy who just follows the money.”

Press PLAY on the video below to see Wolf’s full takedown of Kelly, then hit the comments and tell us: Do you agree with her harsh words?

1. Van says:

I watched the first episode, and kelly was just awkward. She used this weird old news person, jim dial voice. It was like a bad sketch.

• Flarg says:

I LOVE that tvline is showing its hand by constantly citing the Daily Show as it’s main source of news. I refuse to watch Megan Kelly, and I won’t watch The Daily Show on COMEDY CENTRAL to get my news. Who cares what Megan has to say, and no one cares about Michelle Wolf either.

• LolaHaze says:

Oh jeez. Ok. TVLine is an entertainment news site and the Daily Show is a comedy show. Neither are places that should ever be considered sources of news nor would they ever market themselves as such.

• maggie says:

The only “news” TVLine is publishing is about TV shows, and The Daily Show is a TV show. If you think stories about comedy segments on a comedy show equals real news then you are out of touch with the real world.

2. Chris says:

Wow, talking about beating up the messenger. Last I checked, she’s on the same side as Ms. Wolf.

3. ellajasper says:

I like her, but NBC might be overpaying. I didn’t learn much from the interview. He denied everything. Nothing exciting.

4. Darsan54 says:

The Sprint/Verizon guy is way more honest in his approach. He’s getting paid and makes no bones about it. Kelly wants us to like her.

5. Shar says:

When Ms. Kelly had the chance to address several issues with Donald Trump in a follow up interview after that famous blood everywhere response, she lopped him easy questions instead. Sorry she lost all credibility as far as I’m concerned.

6. Raul Jimenez says:

Seems to me Michelle Wolf is jealous because Megan Kelly is prettier, smarter, younger, more successful, and no doubt much richer. Meow.

• Tomi says:

Michelle is almost 15 years younger than Megan, and what Megan Kelly said on Fox News was not pretty or smart.

• KT says:

Thank you, Tomi! I wish this site had “vote up” buttons!

• Honest says:

But Megyn looks younger and Wolf is jelly.

• PJ says:

To talk smart, would go way over your head’s! Did you practice this lil skit by looking in the mirror talking about yourselves? Who’s really cashing in at someone else’s expense! You guys don’t really know what’s going on in the rest of this country. Megyn Kelleys got something neither of you have, and that’s “CLASS”

• Michael Coleman says:

Uh dude Jelly is 46 years old…yku think Wolfe is 65??

7. Florence says:

I think that Megyn Kelly is just so full of her self. She thinks she is the Queen of TV.

8. Linda Harris says:

So now we get the “oh you’re just jealous cause she’s prettier” comments. Michelle is exactly right in her criticism of MK. She played the Fox queen of mean for all it was worth until a courageous woman finally exposed that den of iniquity, then she jumped ship. Now she expects to be respected as a real journalist. I’m not buying.

9. Frank G. says:

I thought she did a reasonably good job interviewing this mealy
    mouthed monster.
    look,she is a CELEBRITY JOURNALIST,and she will never let
    us forget it.
    Putin had no intention of answering
    any questions anyway.
    so it was more of a publicity stunt
    than serious interview.

10. Cynthia Fortenberry says:

Everyone has an opinion about Megan Kelly. Some critical some praising. The matter of the object here is those choosing to be critical are appearing to be jealous and some just down right unprofessional. Any talk show or news anchor is doing his/her career any good by degrading another. No matter your personal feelings this person has been hired by the network to do a job. So your options ring and resound that of a jealous reporter. Not very becoming or representing for your company.

11. Debra Howard says:

Why don’t you people get a life and stop trying to start s*** with other people move on Megyn Kelly’s done nothing to no one

12. F farrer says:

Megynkelly was one of my faves until I read her book. That reveals what she really is!

13. Jim Burg says:

I used to be a daily viewer, Great humor, loved it. Now…not funny, so I watch network late shows.

14. Tony says:

I agree that Meagain Kelly sucks but, Michelle and Trevor are to stupid to see that they are part of the problem in America. They push for the snowflakes policies that have endangered every American Legal citizen.

15. Teri says:

Did anyone really think Putin would say anything worth listening to? Did you really think he was going to open up and admit to anything? Not sure Megyn is going to make it big at her new home- time will tell. Don’t think many miss her on cable news. Good riddance.

16. David says:

If you were to type Megyn Kelly name in Google with the word racist she would get more hits than David Duke. Megyn Kelly is someone who complained about political correctness when she was on fox news yet she is being shielded by that same political correctness by mainstream liberal media. Megan Kelly is a racist.

17. Dale Loos says:

Actually I rather liked Kelly. But once she became a mouth of politics she lost me. Now I will not watch or purchase anything she touches. Too bad. I’d like some clean clear reporting. I’ve totally given up on any tv news programs
    Never watch any at all .

18. Shirl R. says:

She definitely is full of herself. After leaving Fox News with false accusations we hope she falls flat on the pitiful face of hers

19. I totally agree with Michelle Wolf, We have not forgotten about you Ms Kelly

20. Barry says:

Oh yeah, Michelle Wolf’s response was “so strong”, THAT SHE HAD TO READ IT, and didn’t even do a good job. That’s why she’s where she is, and Megyn is where SHE is.

• srserpicol says:

Really, you are comparing the telepront of a comedian to that of a journalist? Now that comedy!!! Michelle nailed it, Megan is as fake as a 3 dollar bill, she’s a Yes, Megan or Megyn, is where she is because she’s a snake with no scruples..

21. Jaz says:

Sicko Comedian.You UGH NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU LOSER SCUM

22. dan says:

Jeez, can’t a girl get her Benedict Arnold on without all the haters bringin’ up journalistic integrity?

23. Larry Rojas says:

LOL, Nailed it… I love that bit on the Sprint guy, now, to be fair, I think she did ask the tough questions, and yes, Putin discomfort was quite apparent, Kudos to that moment for Kelly, but Megan comes for years of spouting trash.. so it’s hard to take her serious now. She is the face of Fox, the voice of trash, and the presence of hypocrisy..

24. srserpicol says:

25. Susan Loos says:

Yep…I agree with wolf’s words about Meagan…but would not call them harsh. I call Meagyn’s words and actions on Fox News harsh. I call Wolf’s comments a reasonable response to Meagyn’s prior behavior and her duplicity today.

26. Jerry says:

Don’t want to waste even a small part of my life commenting on m.kelly. Show is a flop and will soon follow