UnREAL Season 3 Delayed Until 2018

UnREAL fans will have to wait a while longer to meet Everlasting‘s first female suitor.

Lifetime is now confirming what Constance Zimmer first revealed on Twitter late Sunday: the drama — which wrapped its second season in August 2016 — will not return with Season 3 until 2018. Zimmer posted a selfie with co-star Shiri Appleby and urged fans to “hang in there” until the series resumes in “the first part of 2018.”

UnREAL‘s third season will switch things up by introducing Everlasting‘s first “suitress,” Selena, played by Master of Sex alum Caitlin FitzGerald. Behind the scenes, the Bachelor sendup also underwent a major change. As previously reported, executive producer Stacy Rukeyser succeeded Carol Barbee as showrunner in the wake of a sophomore slump that resulted in one of the Best Shows of 2015 becoming one of the Worst Shows of 2016. At the time of the announcement, UnREAL was slated to return this summer.

UnREAL‘s Season 3 renewal came all the way back in June 2016, ahead of its Season 2 premiere.

Are you surprised by the extra long wait for UnREAL, or did you half-expect something was up when the show wasn’t scheduled to premiere in June as it had its first two seasons?

1. Shaun says:

Unacceptable,are they Game of Thrones now?lol

2. EJ says:

UnREAL was a perfect summer show. I don’t think putting it on during the winter is such a good idea.

3. Nathan says:

Wth. Why???

4. Bill says:

Final nail in the coffin after that terrible second season

5. Robert says:

Why do networks do stupid stuff like this? It is a good summer show, they established it there perfectly for 2 seasons why do they suddenly think that putting it on during the regular TV season is a good move? Idiots. There’s a very good chance that most people will have forgotten about it or at least what happened last that they won’t tune in. Between this and I’m still not over the cancellation of the Witches of Eastwick, they really deserve the criticism that they are getting.

• Haz says:

East End. Witches of Eastwick was the 80s movie w Cher. I agree not only did Unreal hit a slump creatively but it’s ratings weren’t all that great either. I think they should either pull the plug on this show or maybe send it to Hulu. Lifetime really screwed up cancelling both Witches of East End and Devious Maids on cliffhangers. They obviously have no concern for the fans of these shows.

6. JJ says:

Bring back Devious Maids!!!

7. BB says:

This is the perfect summer guilty pleasure! As much as I will miss it this summer, I hope airing during a different part of the season will help it’s ratings.

8. lastfrontier84 says:

As a summertime guilty pleasure on in the winter? Doesn’t make much sense =/

9. Michael says:

Lifetime has really gone downhill with its decisions. Canceling Devious Maids was a mistake like none other. And now delaying UnREAL this long? Hmm.

Since when did UnREAL become one of the worst shows of 2016?? Granted, I don’t remember Season 2 at all even though I watched it. But I don’t remember the reception being that bad either.

10. Susu says:

I miss Devious Maids too…. And I am so bummed about this. The summer stuff is looking miniscule. Thank God we have choices other than cable.

11. Sabrina says:

I was wondering when the next season would start and I don’t think the news signals good things for the show. This was a perfect summer series.

12. T.W.S.S. says:

Well, it’s been real “Unreal,” but you will now fade permanently from our cultural consciousness.

13. Joey Padron says:

Sad gonna wait more longer for new season. It is a good show to watch during the summer. Hope Lifetime will release the trailer for the new season hopefully sometime this summer or fall.

14. Ray says:

Defacto cancellation?

15. Marilyn says:

Gonna lost alot of loyal viewers

16. Meghan says:

Delaying it for a year is a terrible idea. I was waiting for the premiere. Especially on a cliffhanger… I feel like skmething must really be wrong for this to happen

17. I can’t believe that I have to wait for this show. I look forward to it every summer.

18. Shauna says:

Is really sad that Have to wait a whole year for my favorite lifetime shows to come on but making me wait a year anda half is so foolish I love unreal I to find out if Rachel and Adam will finally end up together because they should. He was really in love with her but Quinn really screwed that up for her and Adam. And the canceling Devious Maids and Witches of East End was very stupid they were my favorite shows I couldn’t wait for them to come back every time they had their season finale I couldn’t wait for the season premiere for every one of them and I did but it’s been a long time and I think it’s really stupid of Lifetime to let go of really good shows.

19. Shauna says:

July 10, 2017 at 12:39 AM
    It’s really sad that I Have to wait a whole year for my favorite lifetime shows to come on but making me wait a year and a half is so foolish I love unreal I want to find out if Rachel and Adam will finally end up together because they should. He was really in love with her but Quinn really screwed that up for her and Adam. And the canceling of Devious Maids and Witches of East End was very stupid they were my favorite shows I couldn’t wait for them to come back every time they had their season finale I couldn’t wait for the season premiere for every one of them and I did but it’s been a long time and I think it’s really stupid of Lifetime to let go of really good shows.and not care what the fans want and that they literally crave every season for their shows to come back on and then it gets canceled it’s really sad and really stupid when you have really good shows that the fans really love like me and then they’re gone and you never find out what happened. Way to go lifetime.