One Love Manchester: Ariana Grande Performs at Benefit for Terror Attack Victims — Watch Video

Ariana Grande returned to England on Sunday for a special benefit concert dedicated to the victims of the May 22 terrorist attack in Manchester, which occurred immediately following her concert there.

The event, dubbed One Love Manchester and broadcast on Freeform, was headlined by a resilient Grande, whose initial set included “Be Alright” and “Break Free.” She later returned to sing “Where Is the Love” with The Black Eyed Peas, before she was joined by the Parrs Wood High School Choir for an emotional rendition of “My Everything.” Her performance continued with duets featuring Mac Miller and Miley Cyrus.

“I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being here today. I love you all so, so much,” Grande said to the tens of thousands of people in attendance. “I want to thank you so much for coming together and being so loving and strong and unified.

“I think that the kind of love and unity that you’re displaying is the medicine the world really needs right now,” she continued, “so I want to thank you for being just that.”

The bombing in May left 22 dead and dozens wounded after an ISIS-linked suicide bomber detonated an explosive following her concert at the Manchester Arena.

Approximately 50,000 people attended the One Love Manchester event, held at the Emirates Old Trafford Cricket Ground. Additional performers included Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, Pharrell Williams, Coldplay, Niall Horan, and Marcus Mamford, among others. Grande closed the event with a cover of “Somewhere Over the Rainbow.”

All proceeds raised will be donated to the We Love Manchester Emergency Fund, which viewers can also donate to by clicking here.

What did you think of Ariana Grande’s One Love Manchester benefit? Watch the concert in its entirety (and select excerpts) above.

1. Jodi West says:

Being Smart & Defining Terrorist Groups & Not Wanting Sanctuary Cities Is NOT Racism God Almighty Is 1 Love💖💖💖💖💖Ty💖💖💖💖💖May God Bless U💖💖💖💖💖😙

• Christi says:

Lest we forget homegrown terrorists… there are plenty of white supremacists killing Americans left and right- Portland, NYC, I could go on and on…yet people only seemed to be concerned with one “type.” So let’s include them in our definition and stop safeguarding them. It’s an insult to their victims, who matter just as much. Also, research sanctuary cities and learn the true definition/purpose. It’s not to make cities a safe haven for criminals, which I infer is your misguided definition.

• Freddie says:

Lest we forget, homegrown terrorists have killed way more people than “foreign” terrorists in the last 16 years. Fight terrorism by refusing to buy into their “us versus them” rhetoric of fear and division.
        And, as Christi says, sanctuary cities and terrorism are separate issues. You’re not helping any fight against terrorism by confusing the two.

2. Honest says:

Still manages to look like her usual classy self for this occasion..at least it was for a good cause.

3. Amy J says:

As a UK citizen, nothing but respect for everyone who helped organise this concert.

4. LAwoman says:

I caught most of and thought it was very well done.

5. Aubrey says:

I loved how well put together this was with so little time to get everything done! I love how strong, brave and courageous Ariana is and she really pulled it together and pushed thru til the end. Let’s also not forget those that helped everyone involved in this tragedy, they too are strong, brace and courageous and I love how everyone came together to celebrate those lost/injured and show that us together are stronger than they are.

Also if anyone’s wondering the goal was to raise 2 million US dollars and the total was a little over 9 million from direct donations, merchandising, etc.

6. Ash says:

It was well done, but–regardless of the excuse of “playing the hits”–I thought it was a little classless to perform Side To Side, given the meaning of the song. I missed the first 15 minutes, but I really only heard one victim mentioned throughout the majority of the telecast by name. Wish while she sang Somewhere Over The Rainbow that there’d been a video package honoring them. Other than that, it was a nice benefit.

• Aubrey says:

She explained why she performed Side to Side and that being that one of the victims (Olivia, which was the one named throughout the telecast) was a huge fan of Ariana’s and she had met her a few times. Anyway Ariana said she went to speak with her mother and they went over what Ariana&co. would perform (slower, more appropriate songs given the situation) and Olivia’s mother said she would want Ariana to “turn up” and celebrate her and others not make it a sad affair.

Hope that explains why few songs like Side to Side were performed.

7. Roe says:

I am annoyed that this concert wasn’t advertised on tv enough or if any at all….I missed the entire concert 😡