Sense8 Cancelled Netflix No Season 3

Sense8 Cancelled at Netflix

Consider the sensates’ link broken.

Netflix has cancelled its sci-fi drama Sense8, TVLine has confirmed.

The heady drama from Lana and Lily Wachowski debuted in 2015 and followed a group of strangers from all over the world who suddenly realized they were able to sense each other and communicate using their minds.

“After 23 episodes, 16 cities and 13 countries, the story of the Sense8 cluster is coming to an end. It is everything we and the fans dreamed it would be: bold, emotional, stunning, kick ass and outright unforgettable,” said Cindy Holland, vice president of the streaming video service’s original content, in a statement. “Never has there been a more truly global show with an equally diverse and international cast and crew, which is only mirrored by the connected community of deeply passionate fans all around the world. We thank Lana, Lily, Joe and Grant for their vision, and the entire cast and crew for their craftsmanship and commitment.”

Season 2, which premiered in May, will be the series’ last.

Do you have thoughts about Sense8‘s end? Hit the comments!

1. willf310 says:

WTH!?!?!

• Annie Sisk says:

Yeah, this just sucks, full stop.

• The Beach says:

Yep, this one really hurts. I really did fall in love with this show and its crazy-quilt wonderful cast. It had action, pain, laughter, sadness, compassion and a completely unique tale to tell set in some of the most beautiful and interesting places on earth. I am truly sorry to see this wonderful show canceled.

• Lebs says:

Honestly, this is the dumbest mistake Netflix has ever made. It’s on the same as that other network that decided to cancel alphas. I was looking forward to seeing how they were going to deal with whispers, Jonas and the sense8 collaboraters. DAMN IT !!!!

2. N says:

2017 is THE worse. Screw Netflix

• Lyndy says:

How is this show so well loved & popular…yet I didn’t even know it existed. I was just on STV and another TV platform and people are going crazy about this cancellation. I’m suffering from serious FOMO right now.

• Temperance says:

It’s a special show, much beloved right now because it’s the polar opposite of all the evil crap going on in the WH. It’s wonderful… inclusive… it breathes with the power of completely different people working in unison to love and survive and prosper.

3. Phillip says:

So dumb. This was the best show on Netflix.

• tequoia devlin says:

I know right … Netflix has done this to about two or three two shows that I love I hate Netflix

4. Brenna says:

No!!! The first season was okay but this season was amazing!!!! This makes me so sad.

5. Ed says:

This makes me sad. I know it’s an ambitious show and probably super expensive, but I was hoping for a third season (even if it was fewer episodes, at least to wrap up storylines). I thought Netflix would be different than networks and allow their original series to have closure, not pull the plug and leave narrative threads dangling.

• Lucy says:

so true! no closure = crap network that don’t care about the fans

• Candice says:

I totally agree with you.

• Vicky says:

This happened with The Returned after just one season! I was so upset, but I guess it wasn’t the best series out there. But sense 8 is so perfect, not only does it show problems around the world, but it shows so many different relationships and it was so beautiful.

• Adrian says:

Hi! FYI so is there a french version of the returned that you proably can find somewhere, and I think that one got a sevond season. The two series are based on the same thing, so i recomennd that one, whatever it’s called!

• Marlene says:

I can’t believe they would do this. I really liked sense8. It just seems that when they have something good they go and cancel it… This sucks .

6. Saynay says:

Ugh! I get that this season was rough, but could they at least do a wrap up movie.

7. Kathy Kann says:

Oh no…I truly enjoyed the show.

8. I am enraged. How could they cancel one of their best series of all time, without even giving the creators a chance to wrap things up? I thought more highly of you, Netflix. #BringBackSense8

• Temperance says:

I’m furious at Netflix now. Seriously? And no wrap up?

• Tammi says:

I loved this show and was looking forward to season three. I need closure…what happens to the whisper and does Sun finally get revenge on her brother. This SUCKS!!

9. Dominique says:

of all the netflix originals they could cancel, this would be the very LAST one they should even consider. no, it’s not over, as they tell us so plainly. there’s still so much to tell and explore. in a time like this where everything slowly seems to go back to what it was like not even 50yrs ago, a show like this is so desperately needed in the world. it’s got so many wonderful, colorful characters and friendship.
    i ask you netflix; what the f#!ck??

• Lex says:

13 Reasons Why glorifies suicide. Mental Health professionals call it damaging, yet it gets renewed. Sense8 celebrated diversity and empathy and it gets cancelled.

• ScottJ says:

Mental Health professionals have a bunch of theories that don’t work but they insist on sticking to them. If you don’t fit with these theories then they say its you that is wrong. 13 Reasons Why has shown them up for what they really are as the show has proven itself to be neither damaging nor glorifying.

• Becca says:

Except for the influx of people committing injuries in a way similar to Hannah. Talk to people actually seeing clients and they’ll tell you that it is doing lasting damage.

• dan says:

I agree. I think the problem is, it’s just way too expensive. They probably did us a service by giving us two seasons.

But, once again, I agree it sucks.

• Temperance says:

Perhaps they could cancel two of the pointless pieces of junk they are going to make this next year and give use a short wrap up season. Ot maybe HBO might bite.

10. Ted says:

How on Earth did they say ‘the story has come to an end” when it literaly ended with MAJOR Cliffhanger? smhs @netflix what a dumb statement.
    And they freaking renewed 13RW that was only meant to end with one season only.

11. Lucy says:

Awful, AWFUL decision!! Will definitely miss this emotional, heart-warming, sensible, mind-blowing, all together HUMAN show! Netflix, you disappoint me more and more, season after season.

12. Lucky says:

I hate this news. The second season was amazing and an improvement on the pretty good first season. I’ll miss the show. There was really nothing else like it.

13. Tina says:

Okay I’m officially mad. This is one of the most diverse and opened minded shows produced today and has a huge fan base! Why would you cancel this?! They certainly didn’t wrap it up and ended on a cliff hanger so this was a network decision and a mistake. I am heartbroken.

14. Emily says:

I loved this show, this is really sad!! Even more so since Season 2 ended on a cliffhanger – can’t they at least do a wrap up season/movie?!

15. NO NO NO NO NO! Someone FIX THIS! WTH!!!

16. Aubrey says:

Screw their BS statement. The creators said multiple times that the show would run for about 4-5 seasons and this is NOT a proper ending. First The Get Down now this and Dear White People will probably be next.

17. Nadine says:

Netflix should be ashamed of themselves, they waste money on shows that are utterly ridiculous and cancel a show like this? Very upset and angry, ruined the 1 day of Pride month for me

18. Danny O says:

This is awful. I looooove this show. It’s honestly the reason I signed back up for Netflix.

Damn.

• Temperance says:

We sign up periodically, and they just lost my business (for not giving them at least a few episodes to conclude the story). Hello, Amazon!

• Gospino says:

Lol, wait until Amazon cancels a show you like. Then you’ll have to stomp your feet and scream about going where, Hulu or whatever? Until they also cancel something you like, and then you can repeat the process.

• Temperance says:

Yes, I can, you idiot. I mean seriously… what was the point of your post other than to be an !@#$%? Are you so dim that you don’t understand that the world is now run by corporatoins and oligarchs and out greatest power is where we spend our cash? Yup, I know. You’re excused.

19. Matheus says:

HOW COULD THEY DO THIS? IT WAS ONE OF THEIR MOST POWERFUL SHOWS!

20. Matheus says:

why did you put a picture of kala and rajan as the thumbnail??? that doesn’t make sense! at least use an image of the entire cast!

21. Temperance says:

22. opus says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! WHY??????????? I haven’t had Netflix long and found this series about a month ago and binged the two seasons. Absolutely loved it. This is a travesty!!! BOO Netflix!!!!!!

23. Ken says:

This one hurts. I know the show is expensive, but Netflix definitely has the money to at leas t do a wrap up movie. Come on, Netflix.

24. LolaHaze says:

I get that this show was probably incredibly expensive to produce, but a two hour movie to wrap everything up would have killed you???? I LOVED the scope and beauty and humanity of this show. Ughhh everything sucks.

25. Lilangel says:

Was this the blind item about the expensive show that was getting axed?

26. Oh Hell No says:

My heart sank just reading this. This is absolutely devastating. One of the best things Netflix does right is offering closure! And this was such a probably really expensive show, but the production values and diversity put the majority of other shows to shame. I don’t like this new Netflix.

27. Amy J says:

Noooooooooooooo. Why couldn’t they just reign in their spending and do a third season? It didn’t need to be all over the world now the sensates are together and it could have been so much cheaper. Curse Netflix and their inability to control their budgets!

28. WEM says:

This is was amazing. Not just in terms of representation. Story/World building is some of the best ever seen. Not to mention, This show is telling some of the most important stories out there. This is a crime against humanity.

29. RAH says:

This really sucks.

30. Haz says:

I’ll be honest I didn’t like the show but in the past year The Get Down, Bloodline, Marco Polo, this show, and a few others have been cancelled. I thought Netflix was wanting to increase original content? They are cancelling shows left and right plus shows like Psych, The X Files, and Buffy have been removed. They honestly need to start asking for viewers feed back or something because they are slowly getting further from what made them a success.

31. Matt Manzo says:

No!!! Don’t do this to us! We loved it so much and you’ll just break our hearts just like that!

32. Marie Thornton says:

Noooooo! I just finished season 2 (binged) It was quite a cliff hanger! Why? I am so disappointed this is not coming back!

33. Boy Why says:

GIVE US A MOVIE!!! PLEASE I can’t believe they are cancelling this. The story was so beautiful.

I’m assuming it didn’t perform that well in views? Also cuz it came back 2 years later. Urghhh.

But Jesus. This season was amazing. That finale felt like a bad ass film.

34. rachelle says:

What a stupid decision! I’m so upset! To think of all the trash that’s still on tv and quality shows are being cancelled left and right. Smh.

35. Parker says:

I wish Netflix would give viewer numbers. I’d like to know how popular his was or wasn’t. I know quite a few people who watched it, but I wonder if that was just a minority of people. I’m surprised they didn’t announce a shortened final season. Seems like if you’re asking viewers to pay for your service and original content, you’d want them to be happy.

• JJ says:

I think it has more to do with it being an expensive show to produce. I think season 2 didn’t get as much buzz as season 1 did. For Netflix, how buzz a show gets is a major factor.

• Jessica Jacobson says:

I started watching after Season 2 came out. If l had known beforehand that it would be cancelled l wouldn’t have started Season 2, the first finale had much better closure than the second!

36. Joey says:

I’m sure it was far cheaper to produce, but the fact that Hemlock Grove got three seasons and this only got two is infuriating.

37. Maria says:

I’m so mad and sad right now. I enjoyed watching Sense8 so much. I really do think that Sense8 should have been renewed especially because of its diverse cast. The representation that e.g. lgbt+ people found in this show is hard to replace. I also do think that the story is far from coming to an end; there was a lot more to be told. I simply can’t understand why Sense8 had to be canceled.

38. Kate says:

Oh no!

39. K Muck says:

NOOOOOO!!!!

TV Line is always asking which cancellation hurt the worst? It’s this one, by 10M percent.

• I completely agree. It reminds of how I felt after the election. I cancelled my membership. today after they cancelled Sense8. West World and Game of Thrones will be back on soon, and Amazon has some pretty great shows as well. No need to see Netflix. Don’t want to get into the OA for a second season to watch it cancelled.

40. Shannon says:

They cancelled the most diverse/inclusive show ever on the first dat of Pride. Wow.

41. Noa says:

LET’S ALL CANCEL OUR NETFLIX SUBSCRIPTION.

I really hoped we would get a 3rd and last season, so they could write a proper ending.

42. K Muck says:

This is the most network-like action Netflix has taken. I guess that makes them no better.

I suppose I can expect the same cliffhanging, non-closure for Frank and Claire Underwood, and the Ladies of Litchfield when it’s their time to go.

43. M says:

Stupid, stupid, stupid to cancel the most diverse, unique, forward-thinking show ever. There were ways to contain the spending. Ways to wrap up the story and give viewers closure. Netflix is quickly losing its relevance by canceling the bigger shows and pumping out drivel for original content, while also dropping major series from their streaming catalog — I’ve got a couple things I’m in the midst of watching, but this could well become a periodic membership for me, taken on only for a month here and there for the very few things I’m still interested in. BIG mistake, Netflix.

44. Nico says:

With all the senates in London I thought season 3 was a given as it would have massively cut down the production spendings for a few episodes. So disappointed. I hope they change their minds and at least give us some sort of conclusion.

45. abz says:

This is complete and utter bulls**t! This was one of the best series Netflix had and to not even allow the writers to end it is unacceptable. So disappointed. There’s so much I still want to see: Is Wolfie gonna be okay? Will Lito tell Hernando about the sensates? (on a side note, Lito and Hernando’s beach scene was probably one of the hottest scenes I’ve seen this year). Will Sun bring her brother to justice? Plus we need to see when Wolfie and Kala meet in person for the first time and so much more. I’m thinking of all these loose ends and it’s just making me more angry. At least do a wrap up special. COME ON!!!!

46. T says:

BYE netlfix I’m cancelling my account today.

47. fernando933 says:

You mean to tell me I pay monthly for this service for them to cancel shows I watch. Netflix forgot we are the real bosses

48. Thithya says:

Now I don’t ned to subscribe to Netflix anymore. The only reason was to support this show. No need to pay 90 DKK every month when I can watch everything online for free…