Post Mortems
The 100 Finale

The 100 Boss Explains Finale's 'Reboot' Ending, Introduces Clarke's [Spoiler] and Shares Major Season 5 Scoop

If you just finished watching Wednesday’s season finale of The 100, you’re probably asking yourself three questions: Who’s that girl? What’s that ship? And what’s coming next? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.

But before we dive into our chat with executive producer Jason Rothenberg, a quick recap of the episode’s big events:

* Following a few heart-to-heart talks, first with Bellamy (over the radio) and then with Indra, Octavia finally steps up as the commander — small C this time! — of her people.

* In order to get her friends into space, Clarke sacrifices herself, remaining on the ground to power the satellite Raven needs to gain entry to the Ark.

* A time jump (six years and seven days, to be exact) reveals that Clarke is alive and well on the ground — and with a sweet new haircut! She and her young companion (more on that later) are still hopeful that they’ll someday make contact with Bellamy and the gang, but instead, they’re visited by a sinister-looking ship in the episode’s final moments.

* As for everyone in the bunker, their collective status is kind of a question mark, though Clarke’s report isn’t super hopeful.

OK, time for some answers from Rothenberg…

TVLINE | First of all, I’m shocked there weren’t any confirmed deaths this week, especially considering how many casualties there have been this season. Was there talk of killing anyone else off?
Actually, no. I thought the most important thing to see in the finale was these characters working together as a team. Clarke’s choice to sacrifice herself, to me, was a very different type of choice for her. In the past, we’ve forced her to make these really awful choices where there’s no good choice. In this case, it’s self-sacrificial. She’s willing to die in that moment as she’s climbing the tower. She says, “My fight is over,” not knowing that her Nightblood is going to save her. To see her willing to sacrifice herself so her friends could go to space was, for me, really important. It was also important for me to see these characters — particularly Bellamy — to have to make decisions without her.

TVLINE | I’m also glad, if a little surprised, that they made it back to the Ark.
One of my favorite scenes in the whole episode was the little scene between Bellamy and Raven at the very end. They’re looking out and Bellamy says, “If we don’t make it, she died for nothing.” And he’s not going to let that happen. To me, that encapsulates everything this character has learned, and the change Clarke has forced in him just by the choices she made in this episode.

TVLINE | My initial thought when I saw the little girl with Clarke was “She’s way too old to be her actual daughter.” Who is she?
Well, it’s not her biological daughter, but what we’ll see in Season 5 is that this relationship is hugely important for Clarke. She’s a Nightblood named Maddie, and she’s been with her for five years. They are, for all intents and purposes, bonded the way a mother and daughter would be. So Clarke loves her, and her decision-making process has changed, just as it does for anyone who has a child. … We’ll tell the story of how they came together in Season 5, and how they’ve been surviving as the only two people on the planet — until that ship shows up.

TVLINE | Yeah, about that spaceship… Should we just assume it’s packed with angry prisoners?
We will definitely tell their story. Some of them will probably be angry. All of them will be home, alive and back on Earth. I think, in some really cool ways, it’s a rebooting of the entire story. The 100 were prisoners when they came to the ground, and they thought they were alone, but they weren’t. There were Grounders in this world, which we learned when a spear came out of the woods and impaled Jasper’s chest. Now Clarke is the Grounder, and these prisoners are the 100. We screw with people’s perspectives. Of course, the prisoners are going to start as antagonists, but we’ll probably dimensionalize them as we do with all of our bad guys.

TVLINE | Lastly, I have to know about Monty’s hands. Will they be OK?
[Laughs] They got pretty screwed up, obviously, but he’s going to be fine — long-term, I imagine. But he was willing to sacrifice himself also in order to save his friends, which is important to note. It’s funny, that moment where he loses his glove was all ad-libbed. [Christopher Larkin] really did lose his other glove. He was just so in that moment, as was Richard [Harmon], and they just went with it. Happy accidents like that are the best.

Your thoughts on The 100 finale? Grade the episode below, then drop a comment with your hopes for Season 5.

1. chuckiechk says:

INSANE AND CRAZY

2. Lysh says:

That was really stressful and I need a drink. I’m surprised how little of the bunker’s side we saw. I expected Jaha to die. And I’m surprised we jumped THAT far ahead into the future, but it’s good because I couldn’t believe they were teenagers or whatever anymore. I imagine some Lost-esque flashbacks in season 5. Super feels-y episode though! And great interview! I’m glad he explained who the girl is a bit.

• Jim says:

I know, right? This show will legit kill anyone at any time so I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I’m so glad no one died, and I agree it wouldn’t have felt right in this episode, which was all about coming together and surviving in the face of overwhelming odds. And now it’s going to be such a long wait to find out what the deal with that ship is, and how everyone else has changed after six years. A “lost” Mars colony that everyone assumed failed without support from Earth after ALIE torched the planet? I assume if it was a moon colony or another space station, it would be impossible for the Ark not to have known about them. Something else to think about: neither of the two Grounder girls on the Ark had IUDs, and it’s unrealistic to think no funny business was happening up there for six years, so I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s at least one more person who will be coming down than went up. I wonder if Bellamy/Raven or Bellamy/Echo will be a thing . . . the latter would be really interesting from a storytelling standpoint, considering all that history between them, ha. Also I am going to need the writers to supply a plausible explanation for why the area around Polis wasn’t torched clean of all life like Clarke thinks the rest of the planet is. Okay, that’s it, can’t wait!

• Tdog says:

Like what the heck is going on. So the people in the bunker can’t get out because there to deep to dig out? But then a prison mining ship comes out of no where? And who is the girl? She looks like she would have been around 3 or 4 when Clark found her?
        And where did this ship come from?
        My mind is blown no one died and there adding a new race. Wheww

May we meet again

• lame says:

Like your train of thoughts, that everyone returning from the Ark has a new set of values, and old friendships are just that “old”, commitments are now to the new close knit Arkers.
        The most exciting prospect are the grounders under Octavia’s leadership.

• lame says:

Clark’s telling the young girl that they needed to tell the others makes me wonder how many night bloods are there and how much of the warrior genes did they inherit.

• Max says:

No they won’t, they chickened out because they can’t kill Clarke, the majority of who they can kill is popular grounders and that’s it. Not helping their ratings fyi.

• Papia says:

I agree. People continuously saying that this show is like GOT where anyone can died. But frankly saying except some interesting grounders whom I do care they didn’t have guts to kill any major Sky people. Can they Kill Clarke, Bellamy, Raven, Murphy? No. They only killed Jasper who was invisible since season 3 and no one cares if he dies, Pike villein, and some random sky person e.g. Bellamy’s so called girlfriend (Even die hard Bellamy’s fans can’t recall her face).

• ironicstar says:

Not really. Clarke DID try the nightblood. It was consistent to plot.

• Max says:

Not really. They had to make it have magical healing powers in order for her to survive which is NOT consistent with the plot and yeah they absolutely chickened out because they did it to further the plot, they never can kill Clarke that’s definite and the sky people are practically immortal so please stop with the pathetic defense.

• Max says:

Papia also Clarke didn’t love Niylah, she loved Lexa. The way she treated Niylah was disgusting, she used her as a sex toy and discarded her easily so no, that isn’t a viable relationship, it’s an unhealthy one.

• Jane says:

I agree they would never kill Clarke, they aren’t brave enough for that and there is a huge imbalance between sky people and grounder deaths. The grounders have suffered too much, if any more die I’m switching off.

• Matt says:

I am thinking the same thing about Bellamy. I thought if Raven did bring the dropship back to earth, and Clark and Bellamy met and kissed…that would’ve been the actual series finale. Now, Bellamy assumes Clark is dead… He’s a free agent up there with two options. I wouldn’t be surprised if he falls in love with one of the ladies, returns to earth, finds out Clark is alive, and then struggles with feelings for Clark… The sad part would be if he chooses Raven, and then this happens. He’s already “been with” Raven in an earlier season/episode, so they have history. Clark already is known for getting caught up in a similar situation with Raven, wouldn’t be surprised if it could happen again. I can’t wait for Season 5!!!

• Jennifer says:

That ending would have been awful and I’m glad they didn’t, they cheapened Clarke enough as is. Clarke’s soulmate is hers forever and that’s Lexa. But she has a child now, one whom is nightblood and one whom she loves. It’s time for Clarke to grow up and be on her own, she has a priority and that’s the little girl.

• Lordvarden2 says:

Yeah, very stressful.

3. Michelle says:

Incredible season. Amazing finale. The wait for S5 will be hard.

4. Jamir says:

That ending was awesome. So glad Clarke was not a lone for over 5 years. A new generation of night bloods. I thought there were other survivors, like children.

• Veronica says:

There should be others alive because Clarke told the girl (night blood) to wake/get the others. I think Clarke became a bad ass warrior; she looks like she knows how to fight.

• John says:

A reboot is not an awesome ending it’s an embarrassing cop out because Jason messed up that badly and literally had no other option. Can’t wait for it to finally crash and burn next year, sky rats are practically andand unrealistically immortal too…figures (eyeroll).

• Dude, why are you even reading this article and taking the time to respond if you don’t like the show? Clearly you thought the whole season was bad, so move on and leave it to those of us who enjoy it. And seriously, if your hopes and dreams are hanging on a television show failing, you need to get out more.

• kwestion says:

Now thats a wonderful advice to a hater
          The 100 rocks💯

• Maia says:

Considering you choose to defend Jason Rothenberg instead, you are one to talk, lol.

• nik says:

haters are going to hate! no avoiding it… all we can do is continue watching show our support and love and hope the series continues strong!

• Tay says:

The series has gone downhill bigtime though, that’s the honest truth and I’m an avid watcher. Sorry but Bellarke shippers isn’t going to save it and it certainly isn’t saving the reputation it created since Lexa. A gap that can never be filled. Terrible decision making all round.

• Max says:

Sorry but what Jason Rothenberg did was simply inexcusable, baiting fans, playing mind games on his Twitter and sending Shawna Benson to online lgbt communities to promote it and use people for ratings, disgusting. And many of the blorkes are open homophobes as is, I mean the message of this show is only man and woman relationships can survive and if you’re bi you just sleep with anyone right? WRONG. It’s all wrong. And disrespecting Alycia Debnam Carey and the work she put into that character this season didn’t help. You people are selfish and disgusting because you don’t care how it is getting away with murder as long as you are entertained. Well guess what, this is a political movement now and we won’t stop and we won’t move on until the show is dead and gone and if you cry over it, even better because it’s what you deserve. 0.2 average in the ratings this year, this show is a dump like its fans.

• SK says:

Wow, you really have too much time on your hands and need to grow up.

• Max says:

SK, no I just have this thing you don’t called a conscience because I know what they did to get this product to sell and it’s disgusting. It doesn’t deserve to be on air and you need to grow up and educate yourself

• Rhonda says:

Thanks SK for the support. I truly appreciate it. I chose to ignore Max’s comments. If you look down the line of comments on every topic, you will see Max has nothing nice to say about anyone’s comments. He is acting like my 12-year-old, baiting people to see what kind of fights he can start. Perhaps a moderator needs to check out his comments.

• Andrea says:

Rhonda considering this show was initially aimed at teenagers, that’s quite a surprising statement from you. I actually do agree that this show hasn’t handled the lgbt content well at all, I don’t blame the hurt some must be feeling. You don’t have the right to take an oppressive stance though seeing as everyone is entitled to their opinion in my books. And SK, seeing as you are here too, I would imagine you also have too much time on your hands. I certainly do, that’s why I’m here anyway. :)

• Nyash says:

great Series, I am not sure why everyone is bent on making The 100 a teen love of some sort. The 100 is about survival, and the writing is well planned out to bring this amazing story out. I couldn’t even begin to imagine it any other way. I am anxious for season 5, will the guys in the bunker survive being out? I mean, the mountain men couldn’t…I fell it almost as if we are back at The 100 first season premier. It is happening all over again. Can’t wait for season 5!!!

• Vanessa says:

Don’t all producers advertise their show in every way possible. Some people need to get a life. If you don’t like the show then don’t watch it. Being sensitive over entertainment does not get anyone anywhere, that is why there is so many forms of entertainment, everyone is different and enjoys different shows. So…watch a different show.

5. Peter says:

Wow. Not expecting that end. My ? Will we see everyone else.

6. H says:

Needed more Abby and Kane, because, believe it or not, not everyone watches this show for the youngsters.

7. Hillary says:

I think Bellamy and Clarke should be a couple I’ve been waiting for that since I started this show lol

• Alex says:

NO CAN YOU STOP.

• Molly says:

I completely agree!

• Mark says:

Sorry it hasppens in the books but the show has developed passed that now and wouldn’t make sense if Bellamy has been hooking up with say raven or Echo for five years to suddenly hook up with Clarke on episode 3 of the next season considering there maybe now children involved up there.

• Rhonda Agnew says:

I agree, but I also fear that they will turn into a soap opera couple who love each other for a while, then hate each other and we, the fans will suffer, That said, I would love for Bellarke to be a thing, but I would also be okay with a friends with benefits relationship too

• Max says:

You’re disgusting, I hope Bellamy dies for that comment. Clarke has a responsibility now and if you just watch the show for sex, Fifty Shades of Grey is more suitable for you.

• Papia says:

Ha ha. Your comment is awesome. I found they have more bro-sis relationship. Clarke is a leader and he doesn’t need Ballamy and bellamy can’t take decision by himself. He needs someone like Pike, Clarke. Even his younger sister Octavia has more leader capability than him. I am not sure how Jroth can pair up Bellamy with someone like Clarke who I consider has higher ranked than Bellamy.

• Eva says:

I’m not against anyone’s rights or anything. This is just a comment. Clarke was very much in love with Lexa. I don’t think she would ever have a relationship with a guy, especially Bellamy. There won’t be a Bellarke. Clarke is probably still in love with Lexa. I wish she never left the show.

• Andrea says:

Eva I would like to agree. I certainly agree that Lexa was one of those rare gems you don’t find on tv often and not because she was a lesbian as some have crudely suggested. I think that she is just so fascinating in every sense of the word and her departure from the show took it lower no doubt. But I don’t trust this show when it comes to handling things like this, after all, having Clarke become bisexual seemed to only be something used for ratings factor. I really believe Clarke would be better on her own. The need for her to consistently be in someone elses bed was just utterly degrading to the character and made the story even more messy, I think the show has toyed with it enough.

• Jess says:

Ditto Eve, Lexa should never have left it.

• Alec says:

I disagree they would not be good together. Clarke’s soulmate was Lexa

8. Emily says:

I KNEW Clarke was getting left behind.

I was expecting a 5 year time jump, so the extra year was a surprise.

Can’t believe there was no Kane in the finale. Or Abby.

So many questions. I hope next season we still see our regulars and it’s not just the new people.

9. Dominique says:

i have mixed feelings about this. i loved seeing everything happen in that lab and leading up to them finding the ark. but i was hoping for a little more screentime for the bunker people as well. how does abby feel about kane knocing her out? how did she react when she realized she couldn’t talk to her daughter? i wanted to know about the ark, and they could’ve taken some screentime away from the disastrous long climb clarke did, and that almost-suicide echo did.
    i’m curious where these prisoners come from, are they that long lost 13th spacestation that was talked about in the first season? the one that never joined the other 12 spacestations that created the ark? if so, it would explain why they never joined them. curious to see what sort of characters we’ll meet.
    i have to say; in the flashforward when clarke told the radio/bellamy that “we tried to dig them out” i was hoping for some massive surprise reappearance, maybe roan, whom i STILL do not fully believe is dead. ridiculous by now, i know, but his death was so anticlimactic i’ve been expecting him to show up these past few episodes. not quite sure how i feel about this girl, but we’ll give it a try.
    excited to see what the ark an dbunker people will be like. how much they’ve changed, what sort of new relationships might’ve occured.

• Shaun says:

The 13th was Beccas station,it was destroyed by the 12 and she fled to Earth.These are prisoner miners,they had an Easter egg mention this season.

• Dominique says:

really? wow i completely blocked that from my memory lol. shame, would’ve been something. seems so unlikely the council wouldn’t know about a prison in space. but i guess we’ll see next season then.

• Lysh says:

Agree about the Echo almost-suicide being a waste of time. I was hoping she’d die this entire season.

• Shannon says:

I’m also rather annoyed we didn’t get to see Abby’s reaction or the rest of Skaikru.

• Dee says:

Abby was going to die out of the bunker by choice because of the chip pieces frying her brain. She’d be more upset about being saved in general and the fact that Clarke had a spot saved in bunker but wasn’t able to take it. I don’t know how she would’ve explained that Clarke if everything had had actually gone as planned. I’m upset that they didn’t realize that Bellamy and Clarke weren’t going to make it back in time and gave one of their spots to Miller’s dad.

Roan is dead dead. Even if he’d lived the combat (he didn’t) He wasn’t given Nightblood to survive the death wave. As least he got to go out fighting.

• Rhonda Agnew says:

I’d be good with Roan coming back. I also think Clarke and Roan would make a good couple.

10. Josh Cochran says:

I love how the last part of Clarke’s story was basically the end of Rogue One. Connecting to the comm tower, manually resetting the misaligned dish, the wall of fire… I hope it was intentional. If it was, it was a pretty cool homage.

• Jami says:

I think it was. That episode was produced by Kim Shunway from Lost, and also worked with the writers on Rogue One. Just a little Easter egg from the writers of Lost. I loved the the part when Clarke opened her eyes 6 years and 7 days later, another Easter egg from LOST. That is how the Flash backs from Season 1 would start with each major character, as they were telling the back story. The special effects were great..

• Maia says:

Kim Shumway has decided to jump ship after this season for bigger and better projects. She wasn’t happy with the .5 ratings before, .2 ratings must have been so cringeworthy for her. Lol and the Titanic sinks further.

11. Ariel Lavoie says:

I cried watching the finale. I can’t tell you how much I’ve fallen in love with certain characters, Including but not limited to Clark Griffin, Lexa(even though she is deceased), Octavia, Lincoln(even though he is deceased), Bellamy, Finn(even though he is deceased), and most importantly the story line, for which I have no words. I feel like I’km actually living in this show it is written so well. I can’t wait to see what the writers have in store for season 5! It’s been a long journey and I’ve been with this show since the start and I can’t wait to follow it through until the end. Thank you to all who have worked on this magnificent Sci-fi thriller. It is to this day the only Sci-fi show I can actually stand to watch. SO thank you to you amazing, creative people who keep finding ways to keep us on our toes with these twists and turns we never see coming!

12. fernando933 says:

Loved the ending just like season 1 ending where it really sets up for something big and keeps you guessing what’s next and wanting more. Can’t wait to see this flash forward this really can give us more seasons now that it’s been push into the future

13. Tralen Palmer says:

So first the episode was nuts! I thought so many different things were going to happen like Clarke and Monty actually dying! I had so much anxiety. But I completely loved the points that were made in this episode and im eager to see how these changes in character are going to effect the outcome of season 5. Matter fact if you’re looking to add new characters definitely sign me up, id love to be apart. That would literally make my year!

14. Tim says:

This series always keeps me on edge sometimes thinking wtf so many twists so many surprises so many of everything u look for in a tv show other than my typical enjoyment of arrow, flash, supergirl, legends of tomorrow and supernatural this show has made me stay up late and look fwd to watching cause it’s just so intense I can’t wait for season 5 it’s gonna be epic…

15. Zoe says:

Great end to the season. What’s the meaning behind the 7 days part of the timeline?
    Anyone notice how Clarke was truly happy at the end?
    I fear that the Arks crew are now prisoners too. The ships technology looked far more advanced then the Sky crews.

• sawyer says:

yes I noticed. Clarke had Maddie, and the other children, something to live for. No more endless fighting, until that big ass ship appears. Clarke looked like she had been doing some blood night training. That was one badass rifle she made.

• Jami says:

Someone mentioned on a post, that maybe their minds were wiped clean and they don’t even know their own names and have no memories of the past 6 or 7 years. That would be awesome if they pulled a Dark Matter in season 5 with the 7 who made it to the ring. Now they come back as part of the prison transport.

16. Sophia A Drummond says:

I’m losing my goddamn mind. I loved the finale, and I hated it at the same time but that’s only because I’m absolutely gutted it was the last episode until…when? I don’t even know. When Bellamy said, “if we don’t she dies in vain.” My initial thought was, “No. They can NOT kill Clarke. She’s been through too damn much, and I will hunt you down ”

I am curious as to where the Nightblood girl came from. She’d have to be young when Clarke found her, considering Praimfaya lasted 5 years and as they seem to have a very mother-daughter relationship. I CANNOT wait to see how that relationship progresses and what happens when Bellamy sees her and how he interacts with her (because, if we’re being honest, he’ll be so great with her.) I bet those fools with the Prisoner wagon is pull a Pike and Octavia with her newly formed Grounder army is going to have to beat them all up.

The whole episode (like so many before it) had been literally shouting at my laptop.

Ugh.

I’m so done with this TV show.

I need a drink.

someone wake me up when season 5 comes out

Heda Oktavia kom Wonkru. Long sonraun Heda.

*mic drop* peace

• Sam says:

Bellamy needs to stay away, his xenophobia is toxic and Clarke needs to put that child first and protect her as Lexa would have wanted.

• Sss says:

Not everyone is a fan of lexa

• John says:

And those who aren’t are what is causing the show to fail, Lexa is Our Heda trended and got more views than even the final episode of this did. Lexa is bigger than the show and Bellamy, I agree, he can stay away forever and he should not be let near that child.

• Jami says:

Lexa is not bigger than the show. However Octavia becoming Heda and stealing Lexa’s clothes and makeup was ridicules. The rules are you must have knight blood and the flame to become commander. That is the Grounders relgion and for Indra to say the day of the Flame has passed was wrong. Lexa fans will always come out in numbers in regards to The 100, then she is hardly ever mentioned in FTWD. So Alycia claim to fame is a supporting character on a tv show in which she was not the main character, but a fan favorite, because she was gay. Not because she is an awesome actress. Sad.

• Max says:

Jami she was absolutely a fantastic actress, Clarke and Niylah are both gay/bi and not half as popular. She is bigger than this show you fool, that Twitter trend which reached the top 10 for 2 hours solid on Thursday proved it considering that was done in short notice and people were complaining afterwards that the didn’t know yet it still did so well. And The Loo didn’t trend high and the finale didn’t even get as many views as that Twitter trend did. When the show is long over, Lexa will still be remembered years later. But a year later, none of the others will be talked about. You are sad to still be supporting this sh*t show.

• Maia says:

Jami….you are hilarious!! Lexa is HUGE my dear, she is in fact so huge that she got number one in a poll for most regrettable character deaths which included Hodor from GOT and Glenn from TWD came in behind her. Glenn got 22,000 something votes, she got 25,000 something. Also, social media stats always favored Lexa over this show and anyone I have spoken to who hasn’t watched the show recognise it when I mentioned Lexa. Jamie, the 100 got the bottom ranking for weeks out of all the shows on that day. It is in the red zone and for good reason.

• Max says:

Clarke is her number one fan. :-)

17. I’m the sort of person who doesn’t get bored very often, as long as I have the Internet. A few years ago, I was bored and sat down to watch TV. What do you know, The 100 Season 1 Episode 1 was just starting, and I have been hooked since that day. I love how Octavia has grown from the girl under the floor to the savior of humanity (And a freaking badass grounder warrior), and how Clarke has become a leader. I love everything about this show.

I have just one problem with this season. WHY IS IT OVER!!! I need more. I watched it 20mins ago and I am already having withdrawals.

Really though, great job CW. Along with your arrowverse shows, you still find time to create amazing shows like this. Keep up the good work.

On the off chance that someone reading this has never watched the 100, watch it now. You will not regret it.

18. Bevin Chu says:

The 100 was starting to drag a little bit during the past season.
    But the season finale with its fast paced action and 6 year time jump, really gave the series an much needed infusion of Nightblood.

19. Thomas Smith says:

I am 48 and my son 13, and we love the show. Can’t wait to see season 5, and the rating loss, supposedly because a lesbian character dies, well that is stupid. All I ask is just don’t drag the story out and into something that is totally off the original story, keep it connected.

• John says:

Thomas don’t attack a group of people when you literally know nothing of what you say. The Loo ratings did fall because Jason wrongfully baited and sought out lgbt communities online to promote this sh*t show. When Lexa died yeah, both lgbt fans AND general fans of Lexa AND people who thought it was a generally unprofessional and appalling act left in support too. Many bellarkers have been openly homophobic about it so nobody respects a show that rewards prejudice like that. Lexa is a powerful role model for sure.But the ratings kept falling long after her fans left because people saw it for what it was; lazy writing that is desperate to hold on to the one group of teenage fans they have left (clearly though this isn’t doing enough). Now next season will like be the last, the showrunner even thinks so. I support that character Lexa and her stance 100% but I will never support this show or people like you and your son who promote bad messages. Oh and ps, Lexa is our Heda.

• Kelly Livers says:

felt the same about Clark being lesbian, I hate every show having to include it now, but overall, I love the show and will continue to watch it, just cringe a bit on those scenes, they can leave all love scenes out, I don’t care. It used to be enough just to hold hands or show affection without being in bed and smooching. :(

• Maia says:

WTF?? First of all, not every show includes lesbians at all, in fact the problem is very few do. Secondly, ew you are such a homophobe and seem like a very sh*tty person, gtfo please. You are exactly the reason so many are baying for this shows blood, people like you and Jason are the reason it needs to go, because you are what’s wrong with society. If Clarke wants a woman, she can have one and you can deal with it.

20. kar says:

Clarke should have died.

21. Gift says:

Crazy but not bad at all

22. Donna says:

The season finale was one of the best, if not the best, of any show that I have ever watched! Looking forward to the next season.

23. For me it was a very good ending for a so-so season. I hope the show can get back on track in season 5.

24. Martin says:

All I can say, is that this season has been very Awsome and nail biting. I can’t wait for what season 5 has in-store. It’s just down right Awsome, I love this show.

• Jami says:

• SK says:

People keep thinking she mentioned other children. She didn’t. She told Maddie to get the rover out of site. Not get the others.

25. arya says:

So is everyone in the bunker dead because they said it was only survivable for 5 years with 1200 people in it, unless some people died or something. I hope they’re not dead.

26. RaidRain says:

As soon as I saw that ship at the end I immediately thought of all the people who were floated… Not sure how that would be able to work story wise but now I’m dying to find out..

27. duckling says:

What if the prisoners were actually sent from the Ark? Like, if there were survivors on the Ark already from the beginning. But then it wouldn’t make sense because life-support on the Ark was offline. This show is so unpredictable, and I love it.

I’m so excited for season 5 omg.

28. David Grant says:

great show, even greater ending to season 4. i cant wait a year for season 5 to hit netflix

29. Tara Thompson says:

Can Season 5 Start Next Week. Pretty Please with sugar on Top

30. Emily says:

So is Bellarke never happening? I can’t see them getting together after all this time, unless whoever he hooked up with in space dies.

31. Max says:

LEXA IS OUR HEDA

32. Vince says:

I feel that season 6 of the 100. IS going to happen Maddie will be the new commander Clarke see Lexa in Maddie. Echo will train her to
    Fight. Maybe one day we will meet lexa again. Vince

• John says:

You are deluded, Jason even admitted season 5 will likely be the last. And forget Maddie or Octagon or Lunda or Baguette or whoever else you and the blorkers want to plug because guess what, there is only ONE Heda and Lexa is our Heda!!! I look forward to these homophobes experiencing another dive in ratings.

• Amanda Barry says:

Why do you say they are homophobic? I’m a lesbian and I don’t get why people think that? I do think a stray bullet was a stupid way to kill a character like Lexa off but the season 3 finale had her in it and she went out being her strong character.

• Jess says:

Have you been living under a rock? You obviously haven’t seen the bellarkers in action and think that despite the fact the producer tried to get the lgbt community to boost his ratings by baiting them and entering their territory, that it was all completely innocent to you?? I don’t believe everyone in this thread is bi or lesbian and I don’t believe that you can be that clueless as an lgbt community member.

33. Rhonda Agnew says:

My take on the finale. I loved it and and I hated it. I hate the Bellamy and Clarke are apart, but I love who she turned into. I want Bellarke to happen, but part of my is scared that it would turn bad quickly and I would hate that. I would be okay with Becho, as long as she understands that Clarke will always be a part of his life.

I also think Clarke will come to an understanding of her mother and be more cognizant of the dynamics of that relationship. Part of me hopes Roan somehow survived and he and Clarke are together. First of all, Zach is HOT! and secondly, they had good chemistry.

I was not a fan of Clexa, and not necessarily of her and Nylah, but if I had to choose one, I would go with Nylah, and yes I know that’s spelled wrong…lol. I just think Nylah is more understanding of who Clarke really is, but that’s just my humble opinion.

I cant wait for season 5, but I hate that I have to wait until February! In the meantime, I will create my own reality in my fanfictions.

What do you think?

• Max says:

I think you are deluded Rhonda and I think from your answer, you don’t really approve of lesbian relationships period. Lexa understood who Clarke was more than her own people did, that is the entire reason why they bonded and fell in love. And you support Niylah because you want the sex part not the love part. You know what I think? I think that you think this was supposed to be Sex in the City or Fifty Shades of Grey. If you don’t like to see two women together but prefer a hot male and lots of sex in the picture regardless of it lacking substance, then I think you are sorely mistaken in thinking you deserve any support for that.

• ironicstar says:

Max – clarke isn’t a lesbian, she’s bi. It’s perfectly ok for people any any gender/orientation, to see Clarke with a certain character. The true shame is how the LGBTQ community consistently shames bisexuals as “not true to their real ‘gayness'”

• Max says:

The only one who ever said that is you actually. And you really have no right to talk about good representation, you support a show that treats lgbt relationships like dirt, two women together are clearly not allowed to survive because at the end of the day, it was only used to further a plot and so was making Clarke bisexual, disgusting that they did it for selfish reasons. This show doesn’t know how to handle these relationships, it treats them like sh*t. But my main gripe is the fact Jason Rothenberg sent Shawna Benson to online gay communities to plug the show and he also manipulated people by posting false messages on his Twitter which led people astray. He used the lgbt storyline to boost ratings. That’s absolutely sick. And I am glad this show is rightly losing ratings and I think you need to take a good long look at yourself if you think that whilst supporting this show, you have any right to dictate to me about lgbt representation because you sure as heck don’t.

• ironicstar says:

I’ve had sex with both men and women. The character has too. Stop assuming people are against gays just because they understand a character can love both. What the producer did was WRONG, yes, but that doesn’t make Clarke solely gay.

• Andrea says:

Ironicstar…I don’t think anybody here said that Clarke is solely gay. But even I have to agree with Max to some extent, this show has handled this really really badly. First of all, the showrunner should never have toyed with sexuality as a means of adding to the narrative to garner ratings. And he certainly had no business seeking out online communities to help with this, I can only imagine the hurt that must have caused. Secondly nobody is making personal presumptions about you. But in the show, it makes it look like being bisexual means that they are promiscuous and will sleep with anyone for sex but love isn’t a factor that is taken seriously. I know this is not true in reality. I have a friend who is bisexual and has a long term partner. But the portrayal of Clarke has been really degraded and cheapened from how I see it and Niylah seemed to not mind being treated like dirt, as if she would settle for second best if it still meant sex was on the cards. My friend has watched this with me and agrees that it was a bit hard to watch. I would really like to see Clarke on her own now, she had so much more to offer as a character when she wasn’t reduced to just being in someone elses bed. I also think the healthiest thing would be for the show to stop toying with this, Briller was quite badly written too. It’s obvious that the writers are not experienced or aware enough to write about these situations properly, especially considering this show was initially aimed at a predominantly teenage audience.

• Max says:

By the way, I recommend you read Kelly Livers comment here and I can show you two other openly homophobic ones on another site too if you like. That’s the type of scumthis show has attracted, it’s toxic and it doesn’t deserve and reward whatsoever. The lgbt community fought so hard for so long for fair media representation and this show is a boulder in the way of that because it encourages the opposite.

34. Kelly Livers says:

just want to know when to tune in again so I am not stuck watching reruns lol. The last episode was great, very mind boggling and was intense with emotions.

35. Haley says:

I am a MESS this show has me SHOOK (also thank you for explaining this little girl because i was hecka confused)

36. Austin E Thompson says:

Honestly I love the show and I’m interested more in seson five now than I was for seson 4 and seson four for me was like the best season yet the finale threw me a curv ball but I honestly like it I’m so glad Clark did not die I dought it will ever happen but I’m waiting for the day she is named commander so she can see lexa again and lead them all but that’s to simple as to why I sayitwill probably never happen still love every second of the show though lol.

37. How did the rover survive Praimfaya?

• SK says:

my assumption is that it was in the/a bunker of some sort. a question that will most likely be answered when the show comes back.

• Andrea says:

Yes and how does it still have gas to run it? There are so many plot holes I would like explained but they probably won’t be. I can see why Clarke was so taken with the child, she reminds me a little bit of Lexa, not that she could ever be like that but she has some similar features.

38. Vince says:

I think Maddie will become commander Clarke see a bit of Lexa in maddie maybe echo Indra and octovia might train Maddie remember Indra daughter is the flame keeper and she still has the flame.

39. Vince says:

If you ever see Eliza taylor or aylacia Carey could you get a signed autograph and send to vince puzziello 87 county drive cherrybrook nsw 2126 Sydney Australia . Thank you vince.

40. Ali says:

I am honestly glad that Clarke found someone to spend her years with. Although you probably get this a whole lot, and it might not even seem important to the plot of the show, I honestly hope that Bellamy and Clarke reunite and finally start a romantic relationship with one another.

• Jane says:

No I don’t think that should happen. It’s time for Clarke to be on her own and Bellamy is not suited for her at all and he hates the grounders. I’m glad for Clarke that she has a little girl now, it’s time for her to put her child first and protect her. I think Lexa would be proud of Clarke raising the nightblood child.

41. Sydney Farnsworth says:

Hey Maybe season 5 will finally be the time when we fans can say #StopHurtingRavenReyes

42. Aarom says:

I really hope that clarke will be ok I love her and I hope that The bunker is still alive and I hope that we will get to see Bellamy and the others on the arc I really hope they are not on the prisoner transport ship.

43. Carli corbin says:

So I was rewatching season 4 and in episode 5 during Ravens first stroke, abby and jackson are talking in the background about how becca made a nightblood solution for eligius mining company and gave it to a bunch of prisoners. Eligius is the ship that came down on the season finale! A ship full of nightblood prisoners?!

44. Anne says:

Will Becho come true? Yes and it will be an interesting dynamic since Echo is gonna be fiercely loyal to Bellamy and after 6 years together I guess Bellamy will develop feelings for her, right?

45. After binging on Netflix, tbh i completely skipped most of Skaikru’s story line in the last couple of episodes. It just felt pointless and aggravating because you already knew most of them would find some way to survive. I would only pause at Raven’s or Monty’s scenes because it was still situations you weren’t sure who was going to live or what was going to happen. They’re both important characters, but they’re not as important as Clarke or Bellamy so you never know. Now with Jasper, thank god they finally killed his character off. I was over his self loathing and pettiness since season3. He acts like he is the only one to have known loss and his suicidal tendencies put the whole group in jeopardy while also being a manipulative POS. Now, besides the last couple of episodes seeming repetitive in format, my only complaint is how they went from having 6 months to 2 even when Allie has been monitoring the situation for years. You’re telling me this god-like super computer is suddenly wrong in their calculation? Now an error by a week or a few days makes sense, but a whole 4 months error? Major plot hole in the storyline.

• Tay says:

The storyline has definitely gone downhill, most will admit it is extremely far fetched. I think Eliza is jaded by it tbh, in the con she did recently, the enthusiasm she used to have just wasn’t there. Bellamy I think should be expendable because he isn’t that important, Lexa was way more important than him and look what they did to her. The only thing I liked about this season was the introduction of Madi in the last 5 minutes. Other than that, it has become really disappointing. Lexa definitely left a gap that can’t be filled.

46. Lindsey says:

What happens to the rest the grounders and other people in the bunker?

47. Rhonda Lavelle says:

I have a love/hate relationship with this show! My heart races, everything always comes down to the last second, and some of the decisions that they make can be frustrating…however I’m glued to the tv!! LOL I’m still sad about Lincoln being killed, loved him. I was wondering how you were going to play out the “five years”, I was really happy that you jumped forward. Really looking forward to season 5.

• Jess says:

You mean the reboot of the show? That was actually a pretty desperate move which they only conducted as a last ditch attempt of saving the show post Lexa. Fail.

48. Xavery says:

For those confused about what Clarke said to Maddie, She said to back up the rover. She went on to say to hide the rover out of sight and to unload the guns. All of the guns.

49. Steven Smith says:

Brilliant show, I’ve been addictive since the first episode and really happy to read about a season 5 keep up the good work

50. Matsiko Bob Ethan says:

Am in Uganda. Most of u knw this country as idi amins land. And am enjoying this series as hell. Good thing is here we get all 13episodes on one Dvd so I can seat and watch the entire season in one day. Best feeling ever. Pliz take this series upto season 39. Representing Africa. We love u