Lauren Graham Linda From HR

Lauren Graham's Linda From HR Not Moving Forward at Fox

Disappointing news out of Human Resources this morning: Fox is letting Linda From HR go.

The network has opted not to move forward with the Lauren Graham-fronted comedy pilot, our sister site Deadline reports.

Linda‘s fate was essentially sealed last week when the unconventional sitcom failed to secure a series order ahead of Fox’s upfront presentation. Network brass, however, said the pilot remained in contention for the 2017-18 season. That is no longer the case. And there are apparently no plans to shop Linda around to another network/outlet.

The half-hour, single-camera sitcom centered on Graham’s Linda Plugh, an HR employee whose one bad decision throws her monotonous, unfulfilled existence into an exciting but dangerous tailspin of balancing her work life, her home life and a secret that could unravel everything. The cast also included Happy Endings‘ Zachary Knighton and Lois & Clark‘s Michael Landes.

Fox has also formally passed on Eva Longoria’s Type A and Liz Meriwether’s Thin Ice, as well as its Behind Enemy Lines remake.

1. kort says:

wow. it must be really, really bad if they didn’t gave it a chance. i mean really bad. so it’s a relief.

2. Annie Sisk says:

Dang it! That’s not good news. I love Lauren and would have loved this, I feel pretty sure. (Tangent: I was howling watching one episode of the most current season of “The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” – no spoilers, but there’s a running gag that’s relevant here.)

• T.W.S.S. says:

It would have been so fun for Linda From HR to do a response joke to that UKS episode.

• Jooshua says:

I love Kimmy Schmidt. I was going to start season 3 this weekend. Do you know which episode so I can look out for this running gag? Or is it throughout multiple episodes?

• Annie Sisk says:

It’s just in one – episode #11, I think? “Kimmy Googles the Internet!”? Maybe? Don’t quote me! When you hear about a baby girl named Linda, you’re there.

3. kmw says:

FOX cleaned house but decided still it cannot take even marginal risks. What a shame about the comedy Linda from HR. Very disappointed especially since FOX needs a lot of help in the comedy area of their schedule

• Patrick says:

IDK. This sounded like a show that makes for a good/great pilot, but that rapidly spirals. Barring outstanding writing, there just doesn’t seem to be enough to the basic premise that could sustain a show for 5+ years.

4. Dannie C says:

Well this sucks was really hoping to have Lauren back on our tv screens weekly

5. Roberta says:

She has Gilmore girls year in the life she can also produce & directed Amy & view I faith in her

6. Phil says:

I’m not really sure this would have worked on FOX right now anyway. As much as I was looking forward to this show based on Lauren, Zachary Knighton and the premise, it doesn’t seem like a fit for FOX. It’s much more of an NBC take, that would go well with Superstore.
    Also, was this show the blind item about the pilot that was basically dead while still being finished? Has that been revealed?

7. april-ann says:

I was not excited about it so I am okay with this. Obviously she felt it was right for her or she wouldn’t have gone for it, so I’m sorry if she is disappointed.

8. Derek says:

I guess we are getting a new season of Gilmore Girls, then. No way she’ll be turning down the second highest salary in television (US$ 750,000.00 per episode) to return now that she is free.

• april-ann says:

Bite your tongue! I don’t know what that was, but it wasn’t Gilmore Girls. My theory is the creator/writer had an idea for a show, wrote it, and it was turned down. Wanting still to tell the new story she’d written, she used Gilmore Girls as the vehicle. In doing so, she accomplished what she set out to do. 1. Her new show was aired. 2. She gave a nice big **** you to season 7 (which I love now) and 3. A big **** you to the fans. If there’s yet another instalment it needs to open with Lorelai waking up from her bad dream.

• Carol says:

She (and everyone involved) has said a thousand times that there is no plans for a new season lol

• Derek says:

And apparently you haven’t noticed people in Hollywood say that ALL THE TIME only to announce the project later. Including everyone involved in the revival prior it happening or Melissa McCarthy and her cameo.

It’s called negotiating through the press.

(Or, a worse recent offender, Phoebe Waller-Bridge denying she had had any conversations about joining the Han Solo spin-off and two days later being featured on the official cast photo on set. If she wasn’t lying, this was the fasted deal closed in history of film-making).

9. N says:

Np! I was so looking forward to this

10. steph says:

Good. The show sounded pretty bad, now Lauren can find something better…

11. Carol says:

Sad. I was really excited to see Lauren back on my tv every week. Hopefully she’ll have something new soon!

12. JJ. says:

sad about this one. Was excited to see lauren graham back on my tv every week