Supergirl Recap

Supergirl Finale Recap: Royal Rumble (Plus, Season 3's Villain Revealed!)

At long last, Monday’s Supergirl finale pit the Girl of Steel against the Queen of Daxam — and there was a lot more at stake than just the fate of mankind.

Plan A was simple enough, a time-honored fight to the death between Kara and Rhea, to the victor goes the planet. But when Rhea proved — gasp! — less than trustworthy (“My gods only care about my victory,” she declared), Kara was forced to resort to the far-less-desirable Plan B, one which threatened her future with Mon-El.

By recalibrating a device her brother originally created to make the environment uninhabitable for Kryptonians, Lena was able to make the atmosphere toxic to Daxamites. And while this took care of the immediate problem — bye, Rhea! — it also meant that Mon-El would have to leave the planet.

“Wherever I go, I’m going to be better because of you,” he told Kara during a tear-filled goodbye. “You’ll be in my heart.”

“You’ve made me so happy,” she replied, then gave him her necklace and finally dropped the L-bomb, acknowledging, “I should have said it before.”

Unfortunately, as is Supergirl tradition, Mon-El’s pod was *ahem* knocked off course in the episode’s final moments — and fell right into a portal to another dimension. (I’ve heard of long-distance relationships, but this seems like a little much.)

And now, for a quick rundown of the finale’s other (equally) major developments:

* Following Mon-El’s departure to Zod-knows-where, we were taken back 35 years to the destruction of Krypton. It turns out that Superman and Supergirl weren’t the only children released into space that day; there’s also a nasty little baddie named Reign that was shipped off — and something tells us we’ll be seeing a whole lot of her in Season 3.

* Kara’s heroic actions inspired Alex to make a bold move of her own, proposing to Maggie. (Well, she didn’t so much pop the question as she ordered Maggie to marry her, but that’s beside the point.) And while we didn’t get an official answer from Maggie, the huge grin on her face seemed to imply that she doesn’t hate the idea. #SanversWedding, anyone?

* And one of the show’s biggest mysteries has at last been solved: Cat Grant does know that Kara is Supergirl, which we learned towards the end of the episode when Cat — under her breath, of course — referred to Kara by her crimefighting alter ego. (As for when Cat finally put two and two together, your guess is as good as mine. But for someone who considers herself to be an observant journalist, I’m going to settle on “way too late.”)

* Speaking of Cat, I loved all her meta references in the finale. First came “I’ve never seen Star Wars,” a nod to Calista Flockhart’s husband Harrison Ford, followed by the reveal that Cat turned down two proposals from Rob Lowe, who played Flockhart’s husband on the Greg Berlanti-produced Brothers & Sisters.

What were your favorite moments from Monday’s jam-packed finale? And what are your hopes for Season 3? Grade the episode below, then drop a comment with your full review.

1. Sam says:

I miss mon-el already. He made me fall in love with this season.

• Kimberly Mlejnek says:

Thank you….. Finally. So many haters. I LOVED MonEl….. I Really hope he is back next season

• Sarah says:

Same – regardless of what people thought of the way the character was written to drive the story – Chris wood brings a heck of a lot of charm to the character no matter what he’s asked to do

• GregJ. says:

I’ll miss him too, but I’m sure he’ll be back in season 4 if not by the end of season 3. Is it safe to say that Cat Grant knows who Kara is, I love her.

• stevie says:

Pretty certain he went to an alt universe belonging to the flash or maybe even the legends. That hole looked like a big breach to me.

• Jim says:

Mon-El went to the year 3018 to join the Legion of Superheroes. He won’t be a regular next year, but at some point Kara will find herself in the future and she will be very surprised and happy to see him . . . but he isn’t coming back with her, at least, not for good.

• Gift says:

That would be great

• kath says:

Chris Wood did a good job with the material. The problem with Mon El was that they spent so much time on him this season that it took time away from the other characters. It also took too long to move him from frat boy to someone worth watcing.

• Gift says:

Oh. Please get out of here.

• Tasha says:

I agree and he still wasn’t quite developed as a super hero.

• Morgan says:

Agreed. It was how they wrote him that caused me to hate him. He was continually referred to as a hero, when he hadn’t done anything heroic. If/when he returns next season, I hope they rectify that. I also hope they get Kara back on track to being a super hero.

• GambitGrey says:

Me too. He was awesome and they make a cute couple. Loved when she FINALLY said I love you to Mon-El.

• Gord says:

It was a fantastic show I cryed when Mon l had to leave

• Samantha says:

Bring back mon-el to cara they made me fall in love with the season because it’s so intriguing on how they are so different and can still be together.💔❤️💔

• Mallrat says:

Haters? Wow… I don’t get how. He was the BEST part of Season 2. Hell, I loved the bromance with Winn. Thought they made a great team!

• Lynn says:

I loved Monel too and his sense of humor was great just like Cat’s off hand referrals to Star Wars. She was great. Yes bring Mon-El back. I am sure between Lena and Kara’s mother they can find a solution. So looking forward to season 3!!!! 😍👏

• Katy says:

Same here

• luv2cook says:

Oh I thought he was awesome as well!

• Lyndy says:

Mon El is a fun character and I really enjoyed his & Kara’s arc this season. I’m not worried about him leaving, this is The CW after all, he will be back as long as Chris Wood is available

• Sara says:

I love him but I already have so many disappointments that I am not getting my hopes up for next season. He will be back 1-2 episodes with the Legion and the will leave again.

• Fabrizia says:

I’ll miss Rhea and her fantastic shade and trolling abilities. Bravo Teri Hatcher!

• fiberlicious says:

Me too!!!!!

• Ariel says:

yes, i’ll miss him as well

• Quinn says:

I really liked Mon-El too. He and Kara were adorable together. Hope he comes back. If the writers want to ditch someone, please kick the character of Lyra to the curb. She’s just plain annoying. Win’s got better chemistry in his bromance with James.

2. jason says:

“the first person i ever liked and loved” its gross how this show is just trying to act like james and season one doesn’t exist.

• Uno says:

Not to mention she dated cat’s son as well for a little bit

• jrex says:

Much as I like Mon-El/Chris Woods I have to agree the writing has been very bad in the way it handled her previous relationships with James and Cat’s elder son (Melissa’s former husband). Sadly she never considered Winn as other than a good friend.

• Iva says:

Who knows what next season will bring? For me personaly this was a weak season with a few good moments, there was too much time spend of ships and not story, however I can’t wait to see what season 3 brings. (I wish we could of seen more friendship moments between Alex and Winn, they have the BFF potential).

• WS says:

She was never “in love” with James.. that was just a crush. and she didnt date Cat’s son long enough for it to be real.

• Tupac shakur says:

It should james is a horrible character, he should be killed off

• Fabrizia says:

Turns out that when you go black… you can go back but you will forget you went in the first place.

3. Dave says:

Yes. Yes. Yes.
    Mon-El is gone. Chris Wood is gone. For good. Forever. That alone makes me grade it A.

• Hallie says:

Except he is in next season so he will be back

• Sara says:

Doubt it. He will probably only be back for 1-2 episodes.

• emilievitnux says:

I’m actually pretty curious to know who will come back next season. Where did you round this info about Mon-El. I’ve seem peoples saying that he’s confirmer for season 3, but no one was able to find a link with a real confirmation

• Toni says:

The best we have is comment by Melissa on this site. You can check the Supergirl tag and click on the preview article for the finale.

• Fabrizia says:

He’s no longer a regular (since he can’t live on Earth anymore), but he will probably be back in some recurring form, like Superman, Cat and Lilian Luthor.

• Lyndy says:

Yeah…don’t rejoice just yet, he’ll def be back

• stevie says:

You guys are all whining about whether Mon-El is gone or not and missing the point. Did you not see those kick-butt action seens with sups…the girl of steel and jon j…the daxam aliens? If the action was even half that good on a normal episode it would be cw’s number one show not down to 1.7 million viewers from 11 mill.

• Keanna says:

The main reason the viewer ship went down is surely from the network move from CBS to CW. CBS has a far larger audience as most cable suppliers have these large networks included. Supergirl is the second highest rated show + demo just right below The Flash, so it’s actually pretty good for CW’s standards.

• stevie says:

Not at all. Yes it’s true the viewership was expected to reduce because of switching networks. But on CBS it went from 11 million viewers to 7. Then with the switch premiered to 3 million then dropped to 1.7. It’s ok for CW, yes but has the potential to be number 1 and should be. Don’t get me wrong, I love SG and want it to succeed. 1.7 mill are numbers for daytime soaps. That’s bad.

• RichCD says:

I agree whole heartedly about the action/effects. The folks that execute that for this show are to be commended. But regarding the ratings, I think the campiness has turned too many people off. This show approaches “Lois & Clark” levels of silliness, and not just because Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain have been featured.

• Rex the Wonder Dog says:

The season finale of Supergirl had 2.12 million viewers.

• Rob says:

I couldn’t agree more! FINALLY there was some good action. Not quick and corny fight scenes, but actual bada*s action!

4. Uno says:

Everyone I care about is in a relationship… Except the guy I spent a year lusting after only to dump for still unexplained reasons and then barely speak to at all this year… But I guess maybe that means she doesn’t care… I mean supes apparently doesn’t as he just leaves without so much as a word of concern for his best friend… Who’s out playing superhero

• jason says:

It really makes you wonder how writers could be that bad at retconing a relationship. if you don’t wanna purse it thats fine but dont act like we’re dumb by acting like it never happened. thats an insult to the audience

• WS says:

She realized she didnt have those feelings for James.. it was a crush and when they finally dated she wasnt into it.

• Mary says:

As if that excuses the way it was handled.

• Derek says:

Actually, it’s really realistic that when you have a crush for so long you might idealise the person to much and the catula relationship collapses fast.

• Kenneth Jack says:

That’s is nonsense. They had a real friendship that slowly developed into something else. Chemistry was there the writing was not. Season one was bad. Season 2 is really bad.

• Uno says:

I’ve seen that same nebulous “lack of chemistry” argument trotted out for Iris and Barry.. Michonne and Rick among others I’m starting to think people mean something else..

• Uno says:

What date was that again… You mean that thing that only kinda happened after he was brainwashed.. And then she dumped it.. To never speak of it again and almost immediately devote the rest of this season to mon-el… (Who truth be told) I kinda enjoyed all the writers had to do was address the situation.. But they didn’t she dumps him.. He kinda just fades away doesn’t even get a chance to be upset.. They just don’t bring it up it irked me all year

5. Monty says:

While I think last week’s episode was better, I do ship Mon El and the wormhole.

• Ashley says:

Agreed. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a worse character addition to a show. Hopefully he stays gone.

6. dansue says:

Was liking the episode until another kryptonian bad guy for next year. Ugh, not again. Monel will probably be back next season with the Legion for an episode or 2 to stir up drama, probably when Kara gets with a new guy (we all know how the CW works unfortunately). Never really got into their romance, it started off too mean spirited and they got together too fast. Everytime they broke up I rolled my eyes. Supergirl does cry real pretty though. At least cousin v. cousin was cool. An episode in Metropolis next season, with Lois Lane, would be awesome. Evil Lena would be fun. Mediocore season with pockets of fun I guess.

7. The Rookie says:

I don’t watch this show but always come here to read the Mon-El flames. This should be fun

8. Lucas says:

Soooooo glad Mon-El is gone! Worthless loser basically ruined this season. I really hope he stays looooong gone. Maybe in Season 3 Kara can actually have her own storyline and not have it be becoming a love interest to a former slave owner, lying, frat boy dudebro.

• Hallie says:

They have already released that Chris woods is still a regular next season so he probably only gone an episode or two

• Sarah says:

just curious – where / when did they release this? I must have missed it

• Mary says:

You can’t go by that press release. No one has confirmed that he’s a regular next season any more than they’ve confirmed that Calista will be again. Think they’d release a spoiler a week before the finale, that he would be gone?

• emilievitnux says:

Where did you found this info? Something official?

Except the press release of course. I’m really curious to know who will come back in season 3.

9. Brian says:

Too bad we know Mon-El is coming back. We can’t even celebrate the fact that he is gone.

10. V.J. says:

That was a good finale with interesting cliffhangers (well, I will count the wormhole one as the second one) and I for one hope that Mon-el will be back next season because I think Chris Wood was a good addition to the cast.

11. Scribe says:

Mon El is going to disappear into the Phantom Zone, turn up in the 30th century, get a cure to the lead poisoning and come back periodically over S3, spending his time in National City and with the Legion of Superheroes.

12. Uno says:

The show is trolling us right… Jimmy shows up for one scene… Doesn’t even speak and just shields cat grant a bit… The writers have seen us all talking and are just taking a piss right?

13. Brian says:

Wish Mon-El would stay gone, but obviously he’ll be back. And i’m glad that they confirmed that Cat does know that Kara is Supergirl. I always hate when characters that are supposed to be smart are portrayed as stupid.

14. Anna says:

Funny how it seems that mostly men HATE Mon-El in this comments sections. Wow! So you’re hating on the guy because what, he gets to date Supergirl? Good thing that we’ve as many alleged fan girls who moon over Mon-El, as fan boys who are jealous and petty towards a non real character.

• Anna says:

Also bet that in real life, you guys are truly convinced that you’re “nice” guys like Jimmy or Winn.

• r says:

I’m a guy and don’t hate him. Mostly because IT IS A TV SHOW. Never understood why people watch something if they hate it so much. This finale was great. And I felt so sorry for kara

• stevie says:

I thought the finale was awesome too. I don’t love or hate Mon-el, I don’t care about the character. Certainly not because he dates sg…I don’t find her attractive but understand she’s not ugly to me. My problems with the show all season had to do with the lack of stylized action, the focus on romance, uhhh…the guardian, the lack of focus on the man protagonist, the guardian, lack of comic relief without cat grant, and the guardian.

• Sara says:

It depends on the fansite. Some LOVE Mon-el. Others hate him with a passion. Two such extremes

• Billy says:

My problem with Mon-El is that they brought him in too soon. The show is only on the second season and we had a full season of someone with powers that kinda matched Kara’s. They need to to establish Supergirl alone first before they overdue it like they are with Arrow and The Flash, which is why those two shows have gone down hill for me. I felt they brought in Wally as kid Flash way too soon. Anyway, I do like Chris Wood. I think he made the show fun but I hope we don’t see Mon-El next season.

• GambitGrey says:

I’m a guy too and I think he is funny.

• Iris says:

Actually, a lot of women dislike him as well…

• Rex the Wonder Dog says:

I’m a guy and I like Mon-El. Most sites it seems like its the women that hate him. And most of them are the SuperCorp shippers. They would probably hate any man paired up with Kara.

• I’m a woman and dislike Mon-El’s character. I hope he doesn’t come back. I almost stopped watching because of the writing of this relationship in this show. It took up way too much time and left out character development for the other characters of the show.

15. Ashley says:

I literally laughed when Mon-El said, “I will not be the reason this planet suffers.” Is he joking? He’s the whole reason Rhea was still on earth and his refusal to go with her back to Daxam led to everything she did. And he only decided to go help people after Kara told him to. Thank goodness he’s gone. maybe this show can get back to focusing on its real heros.

16. steven says:

Looks like Doomsday might be the next villain.

17. Agent 86 says:

I’m glad that Mon-El has (temporarily) departed the series. It will give them a chance to work on his character and give him some development and a storyline that doesn’t solely resolve around his relationship with Kara. Hopefully his pod was knocked into a portal created by the Legion of Superheroes in the 31st century and he’s going to spend some time with them before travelling back in time (or organising for Kara to temporarily join him in the future). The Phantom Zone does seem like the more probable explanation for that portal.
    I only wish that Jimmy had announced that he’d be returning to Metropolis with Clark. The character serves no purpose on the show – not as the “boss” of CatCo (Snapper more than ably fills that role), not as a vigilante (given the series is titled “Supergirl” not “man in suit”) and I’m not sure he would work as a DEO agent (although that is the most logical transition for the character since the Guardian uses DEO resources).

• Agent 86 says:

I don’t know much about Reign, but a “female Doomsday” seems like an interesting approach for a villain, especially after the more … cerebral / calculating villains in Astra, Non, CADMUS and Rhea. A villain who simply wants to destroy and conquer, for no rhyme or reason, should pose an interesting challenge for Supergirl and her plucky band of friends.

• Pipes says:

I feel bad for Mehcad. He was essentially the male lead last season and he’s been completely put on the shelf. I would suspect that they’ll ship Jimmy off next season offscreen. If this season was any indication it seems as though they’re slowly phasing CatCo out as well, so I wouldn’t be terribly surprised.

18. Avery says:

(As for when Cat finally put two and two together, your guess is as good as mine. But for someone who considers herself to be an observant journalist, I’m going to settle on “way too late.”)

She figured it out in less than eight episodes in season one back when she wasn’t even close with Kara. She was theoretically fooled for a hot minute when J’onn and Kara pulled their double act, but it’s a safe bet that she’s known or strongly suspected since around that time.

• Agent 86 says:

I agree. I think that Cat Grant has known that Kara was Supergirl for a VERY long time. Martian Manhunter’s double act wouldn’t have fooled Cat for very long, especially given it was publicly revealed that there was a heroic shape-shifting alien running around National City capable of adopting a “human” disguise.
      Kara wanted to maintain a “secret identity” and to distinguish between her two lives and Cat understood and respected that.

• Karen MT says:

Absolutely. She’s known for a long time, and knows that Kara is better off having a secret identity. She loves being in the know and knowing without tipping her hand. Just like she most likely knows about Clark but has a lot more fun messing with him.

• Olivia says:

Absolutely. I’ve never believed that she bought the doppelganger stuff with J’onn. The fact that she understood and respected Kara’s obvious wish to keep her secret and played along is great. Although it would have been great for the audience to see her drop the act. I love that they confirmed it for us though. Cat rules! I’m still holding out hope that Calista has a change of heart and agrees to come back, at least for an arc, two eps is way too short!

• stevie says:

I don’t think she was ever fooled by that ruse, when Jon disguised himself it was clear to her that she didn’t have an answer for it so she just let it go. She never relinquished her belief that Kara was Supergirl, only the argument.

19. "A" says:

Next season Mon-El could travel back in time from the Thirty First Century, as a older version of himself aka a full fledged Superhero in his own right name Valor, and it will have only have been 3/6 months or a year for Kara on Earth 32 but 5/10/15 years for him right ?

20. Mary T says:

Cat knew in the first season. She’s just waiting to let Kara know again that she knows, since Kara quit when Cat wanted her to admit to it.
    —–
    Glad Mon-El is off to the 31st century.
    ———-
    Wish M’Gann could stay around. I don’t remember what has been said about Sharon Leal’s other show.
    ————–
    I’d love to see a Sanvers wedding. Still just afraid Maggie will be re-assigned to Gotham (city, not the show) to meet Kate Kane.

21. Jennifer Hoey says:

I liked Mon-El and seeing him grow over the season and I liked him and Kara. I liked Kara and James but when Lucy showed up and her and James got back together, I just wanted Kara to move on. I do hope he comes back. It would be sad if he and Kara are no longer together but I liked him as an individual character before he and Kara got together. I like the whole cast regardless of shipping. I always though Kara had a crush on James but she got over it and I don’t think it was retconning because her crush on James was unrequited and she got to know Mon-el and they went from enemies to friends to lovers and yes it was fast but this is tv. I thought they were good for each other.

22. "A" says:

Since it said Krypton died 35 years ago in the final moments I guess we officially know Kal-El is between 35 and 36 years old.

Any thoughts on who the ‘baby’ those Kryptonians put in the pod after Kara Zor-El and Kal-El had escaped Krypton will end up being in season three ?

• Agent 86 says:

The article confirms that it is “Reign”. I’m not overly familiar with the character, but a quick google indicates that she’s something like a female version of Doomsday (one of Superman’s most iconic villains). How much they’ll take from the comic book version is questionable, especially as the character is a relatively recent creation.

23. Roxy says:

I wonder if Mon-El ends up on one of the other CW superhero shows for some time. Maybe Legends?

24. SlayerX11 says:

Did Clark even say Hi or anything to jimmy? Feels like they left that out etc

25. Sue says:

GREAT ENDING. Loved it! Epic fight scene, some great character moments all the way around. I will miss Mon El, loved his character arc and the romance, and it was heartbreaking to see Kara/SG say goodbye. Thought there should have been a big hug from sis at the end, but the chat with Cat was good. I have missed Cat this season!

26. Pipes says:

So I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s the ships on the show that have ruined it for me. The writing has come to revolve around romantic relationships and how the characters react based on that. The complete memory wipe of Kara quietly pining for James for an entire season just to further the narrative that Mon-el was her end all, be all. Alex proposing to Maggie 2 episodes after they’ve just said i love you. Shoehorning in the M’Gann/J’onn kiss when it’s place was actually in the episode where she left for Mars. The finale felt disconnected because of it. I couldn’t even enjoy the Kara/Alex sister scene on the balcony because it was all about relationships other than their own with one another. I miss the sisters connecting with each other just because they want to, because they love each other(which they said multiple times last season, not even once this season, bizarre), instead it’s about other people,always. AllI can say is thank god Calista agreed to come back for the last two eps. It made all the difference. Wow how I miss Cat Grant. And the meta jokes were kinda funny too.

27. meggerrsss says:

Oh Cat definitely knew a lot earlier. There’s no way.

28. Cato says:

Thank god they got rid of Mon-El…now I can watch S3 after all!

29. Dale Hugger says:

She’s(Grant) known about Kara since that elaborate episode in season 2 when she tried to convince her otherwise. I believe she was trying to teach her not to live two lives but now maybe she understands and has let go of the issue.

30. Ally says:

Crazy idea, Mon El got zapped to Earth 1 where Cisco n co develop tech that will help him breathe on Earth wherever Supergirl is from….Winn and Lena could also engineer tech to clean the atmosphere and the Dax ppl wouldn’t be any wiser

On another note for two guys who claim to b best friends Clarke n James never seem to get much air time together.

31. Jacqi says:

Chris Woods better be back next season!!! Mon-el FTW

32. kath says:

Generally a good episode but I thought too much of it was spent people beating up each other. Boooring.
    The best parts were M’Gann bringing her firends to help and Lillian finally saying something nice about Lena.
    Good send-off for Mon El, but he’s out there in the universe just threatening to come back.
    It was going to be either me or Mon El next season so I guess I’ll be back now that all the air on the show isn’t being sucked up by Mon El.

33. Raven says:

Loved it! Miss Cat!!..more!!

34. AtlantaG says:

Glad to see Mon-El go… he never “grew a set” and was frankly, a wuss. Maybe make it interesting and make that portal he went into a time portal, taking him into the 31st century to meet up with the Legion of Super Heroes (which in the comics, he joins). They could make a guest appearance in Supergirl as well – interesting.

35. Red Snapper says:

I thought the finale was pretty good. It ended pretty much how I expected it to but I hoped they would’ve changed Mon-El’s story. I think he was a great addition to the cast and made the season better. He really grew as a character. Kara and Mon-El were well matched as a couple. I think he’ll end up with the Legion, get a cure and come back a little older and wiser and as Valor. I’m glad they confirmed that Cat knows that Kara is Supergirl. It was good having Cat back these last couple of episodes and I really hope she’s back for more next season. I figured they’d find some way to write James off tonight but they didn’t. It’s clear his character doesn’t work and with how much he’s been scaled back it seems the writer’s think so too. While watching the ending scene my first thought was that it has to be Reign, one of the Worldkillers. I wonder if she’s been on Earth the entire time? If so then her appearance will have to be different than in the comics. I can’t wait for next season.

36. billiezorel says:

Why are the good guys always clueless with their powers? The writing is driving me crazy. A
    few episodes back, the son of a guy in prison kidnaps Alex, Martian Manhunter reads the dad’s mind but he doesn’t know, they capture the son, and he tries to mimic the dad which doesn’t fool him, but never reads HIS mind and he does know. There are like a gabillion of these in the series. Maybe Kara should have just used her heat vision and cut Rhea’s leg off? Done. NO of course not. At least make things a bit logical, the good guys look so so poor for the sake of plot.

37. Kyle says:

MonDouche is a sexist white slave owner and most of us are happy hes gone. He was a failure from the start, and he’s a failure now

No amount of forced tropes will stop that.

Sanvers for the win.

• Lyndy says:

I like how people try to add ‘weight’ to their arguments by saying ‘we are the majority’ or ‘most of us’….just because you are the loudest bunch does not mean you the majority. The silent are the majority!

38. Jo says:

Really hope Mon El is back! There are several things I don’t like the way they are going so please don’t take the good stuff away

39. patrickmaloney33 says:

I would be really excited to see Reign next season, but are you positive that it is her? Or are you just basing it on the pun?

40. I love the flight scenes with Superman vs Supergirl. I don’t agree with their decision to make Supergirl “beat” Superman but also get that because Superman can’t be around every week, they have to make it seem like Supergirl is stronger.

After finishing the Injustice 2 video game storyline this week, I can also agree that Superman couldn’t have made the choice that Supergirl did. We have seen what Superman would be like if someone took Lois away from him and it’s a very scary possibility.

• stevie says:

According to the comic and animated one-shots, Supergirl IS stronger than Sups…she metabolizes the sun more efficiently which makes her stronger. The advantage Kal has is experience, but SG is stronger.

• Agent 86 says:

I *think* comic book science says that because she was on Krypton with its red sun for longer, then she gains more strength / powers from Earth’s yellow sun.

• Gemini says:

Supes says in the comics it only appears that she is stronger cause she doesn’t all the mental blocks he puts on he holds back more and it’s pretty much been stated In DC supes is pretty much the strongest person on earth and one of the strongest in all of DC

• stevie says:

According to Superman Batman Apocalypse by J Loeb and Michael Turner, Batman does tests on Kara and discovers she metabolizes the sun much faster than him and states “she could be more powerful than you.” And Batman is never wrong, if you don’t believe me just ask him : )

• Gemini says:

I know what you are talking about but it has been said time and time again by DC that supes is stronger he just holds back more but I understand why they made her stronger I just would have preferred making them evenly matched

• Brendan says:

Actually in the follow up storyline in the Supergirl series launched afterwards written by Jeph Loeb it is collected in trade called Supergirl: Power I have the individual issues bought them when they were first coming out also have the all the Superman/Batman issues got them signed at a con by Michael Turner a year before he passed so sad he was nice guy it is revealed that Batman deduced and confirmed by Superman when she is confronted by them and Wonder Woman after recklessly using her powers in the previous issue that though she is so raw in use of her powers it only appears she is more powerful because Clark having spent years before his powers fully developed understands how fragile people and things are having been that way himself so he purposely suppresses his power so not to seriously hurt or kill people but unlike her also knows the extent of them and having absorbed more energy over the years then her is actually more powerful then her she then fights him in that issue and he beats her through sheer power. I am a fan of both characters and love the show but the writers could have handled this much better.

• kaliber says:

Thanks, dick. Haven’t played the game yet.

• canadian ninja says:

It doesn’t matter who’s stronger. If the show wants Supergirl to be stronger, or at least able to win a haymaker fight, fine – her show. Comics have multiple itertations and reinterpret characters all the time.

But the pandery, artless way they did it was embarassing. Superman sounded like he was trying to stop all nerd arguments with his “I was at full strength, no kryptonite weakness and Kara beat me.” I was afraid he was going to hand her a trophy or something. Clunky as hell.

41. Ella says:

I am slightly biased against Mon-El given Melissa dumped her husband Blake to be with Chris but I don’t actually watch the show lol.

42. Shoe says:

I would gladly give up Mon El if it meant more Cat Grant. I don’t hate the character, I’m just in favor of Kara having time to grow and be on her own before the show pairs her off with anyone. Cat would be part of that growth. Mon El is still trying to grow up himself.

43. Danny S. says:

So they saved Earth by infusing lead dust into the entire atmosphere? Yeah, they said “It’s not enough to hurt humans”, but how can that be? Up to now, the Daxamites on this show have only been harmed by lead when they are shot with bullets made of it, or when they are sprayed with a visible amount of it. Lead in the air ain’t good for people, that’s why it was removed from gasoline. Oh well.

• Rex the Wonder Dog says:

Actually lead was removed from gasoline because it damaged catalytic converters. Nobody cared about its effects on people.

44. wingsabre says:

WTF, do they not realize that lead is also poisonous to humans? Now everyone will have to get tested for lead levels.

45. Charissa says:

Love Chris Wood, love Mon El. He is the only reason I watch the show and I’ve followed him on every show he’s bounced to. Mon El made Season 2 so much more enjoyable, but I have missed Cat and was glad to have her back. Please keep them both for Season 3!

46. Jack says:

How is it possible that there was no Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain reunion before Queen Rhea died? This makes me sad. Can you revive a disintegrated Daxamite?

• stevie says:

Many don’t know this but it’ very well documented that Dean Cain and Kevin Sorbo were the top two contenders for the role of Sups in L&C. They were gonna choose Kevin but decided they wanted slightly younger, freeing Kevin for Hercules.

• Toni says:

They couldn’t get Dean for the finale few episodes. That was why there was the awkward line of Alex asking Lillian where her dad was in the previous episode.

47. Ian says:

Bring back superman to helping her cousin and hanging out more family is very important

48. Sean says:

Lena being the reason Mon El got yeeted into space. Hated him so much, glad he’s gone, hope he never returns (he will, but not as a regular.)

49. John Zakour says:

How do you know the bad baby in the end will be Reign? Though it does make total sense.

50. Kar says: