Exclusive

General Hospital Nurses' Ball Sneak Peek: Lucy Gets a Backstage Surprise

General Hospital‘s Lucy is sporting sequins, a headset and a don’t-mess-with-me expression on her face: Must be Nurses’ Ball time again!

The ABC soap’s beloved charity event, founded by Lynn Herring’s character in 1994 to raise awareness of HIV/AIDS, is back the week of May 22 and full of song, dance, drama and intrigue. (Oh, and stripping. There’ll probably be some stripping.)

But it wouldn’t be Nurses’ Ball if there weren’t some behind-the-scenes tension bubbling backstage. In this exclusive clip from Wednesday’s episode (ABC, check your local listings), Lucy is in her emcee groove, pulling double duty as she simultaneously stage-manages and touches up her makeup, when Valentin Cassadine slinks into her dressing room.

For those who aren’t aware or might need a refresher: The two aren’t friends. And, as Lucy hastily points out, the Cassadine heir once put a bullet into her former love, Dr. Kevin Collins, so she’s not inclined to hear him out.

But money talks. So when Valentine starts talking about seven figures and such, Lucy promptly changes her mind. (Our girl always was a shrewd businesswoman, right?)

This year’s Nurses’ Ball — GH‘s 13th — is sponsored by Burt’s Bees and will feature performances of music by contemporary musicians who’ve recently passed away, including David Bowie. Also on tap: a cameo by Extra host Mario Lopez, who’ll work the fictional red carpet alongside Port Charles’ Nina (played by Michelle Stafford).

Press PLAY on the clip above to see what happens — and to get a look at one of Lucy’s many gowns from the event — then hit the comments: What’s your favorite Nurses’ Ball performance of all time?

1. Jo Garret says:

Nina needs to go away.

• Mel says:

LOL. The whole show needs to go away.

• Shaun says:

need to cut 50% of cast

• Lisa Echerd says:

Michelle Stafford is one of the most talented actors they have and they have a lot of talent in the cast. There are many people I would cut but not Nina. Let’s start with Lucy, Amy, Felecia, Anna, Kiki, and Dillon. The last three are a particular waste as they do get some consistent screen time. Kiki and Dillon are just incredibly boring. Anna is one of those characters who is supposed to be so good – good at her job, a good friend, smart, and caring except that she often isn’t really any of those things. I really don’t like having 2 of her! there are just a lot of other characters I’d rather see.

2. Janice Stamps says:

Love al the nurses balls. Nice too see all the talent the actor’s have

3. Sarah says:

I love the Nurses Ball!!! It is always nice to see the actors sing & dance!!! Can’t wait to see what drama this event will bring!!!

4. Gospino says:

I’ll be watching. I love that they brought the ball back.

5. Lisa Echerd says:

I enjoy a lot of the performances and the drama. I wish though that this could be done without Lucy. I find her character annoying and generally useless. At least last year she kept her clothes on.

6. Ms Jimmie Scholes says:

I have watched GH since it started, and after all those years I have to say, IT IS BORING!! My 3 favorite characters, Sonny. who doesn’t seem to be his old self at all, Carly who I don’t like at all now, she can forgive Jax, but not Sonny, supposedly love of her life! Jason who has turned into wuss,not exciting anymore. Feel like giving up show.

• Renee Gonzales says:

Sam meet Jason and too there’s nothing romantic about them even when they are kissing and stuff there’s no excitement between them Elizabeth and Jason have the fireworks happening for them but that doesn’t make me want them back together Franklin Elizabeth and Jake as a family you already ruined Jason’s roll don’t mess it up anymore just let us have Franklin Elizabeth that’s what we want you took Sonny and Carly and messed that up for that stupid man Jack I’ll Never See them again I’m getting to the point where I don’t even want to see it unless I see Elizabeth and Franco I’m so mad what you doing with Sonny and Carly I had hope for them they kept me interested even though I love frank Elizabeth more now I still kept me interested with Sonny and Carly they were my number one couple but number to wasn’t bad after I seen Elizabeth and Franco please don’t ruin no more relationships

7. B LC says:

I love GH.

8. stephanie says:

They need to get Sonny and Carly back together I’m so tired of them breaking them up all the time. I wish they bring the original Jason back.

9. Christian says:

Sonny has got to go. Like Y&R’s Victor Newman did for his show, Sonny’s character has sucked the life (and logic) out of this show for almost two decades. CBS and ABC’s respective hero-worship of these two BS-actors is beyond bizarre and helped destroy the medium in general.

• Nancyk says:

I don’t agree Sonny has to stay! I think Jason has to act like the old Jason and hook back up with Sonny. Carly started all this so she should have no say on what sonny does or who he sees.

10. Pam says:

What is the name of the song Valentine sang?

11. Sherri says:

*Best dress@ 2017 nurses ball goes to Lucy Coe.
    *Worse dress: Lulu (this dress does not only win the worst dress for the year, it wins the worst dress ever award)
    *Maxi we miss u. Praying for u Kristen. Feel better, u love awesome.