Bobby Moynihan Leaving Saturday Night Live SNL

Bobby Moynihan Officially Exits SNL

He’s saying goodbye to SNL… and hello to CBS.

Saturday Night Live cast member Bobby Moynihan is leaving the show after a nine-season run, our sister site Deadline is reporting. This Saturday’s season finale of the long-running NBC sketch show, hosted by Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, will be Moynihan’s final episode.

He already has his next gig lined up, though: Moynihan will star in the new CBS fall comedy Me, Myself & I, which just got an official pickup this week. The series follows a guy named Alex through three time periods in his life, with Moynihan playing the 40-year-old version of Alex. (John Larroquette co-stars as the 65-year-old Alex.) In fact, his SNL departure was pretty much assumed once he signed on to star in Me, Myself & I, as we reported back in March.

Moynihan joined SNL back in 2008, with memorable impressions of celebrities like Chris Christie, Guy Fieri and Snooki, along with the Weekend Update staple character Drunk Uncle.

Will you miss Moynihan on SNL? Drop your thoughts in a comment below.

1. Van says:

Meh. He’s not that funny on there

• Jo Garret says:

Some of us will miss him. He was funny, and didn’t look anything like the clones of men that they have employed after him. He’s the only guy who’s name I knew. There’s the curly haired skinny guy, then there’s the young kid that went to rehab, and then the two guys on Update….I know Michael Che’s name…..that’s right. And then…..Are there other guys? I know all the ladies, lets face it’s the ladies that run the joint, but the newest woman who is white, but has a hispanic sounding name, so they allow her to play the hispanic characters….yeah I don’t know her name, but I know it sounds hispanic and that she’s as white as snow…..and not funny. She makes Casey Wilson, Jenny Slate, and Mikayla Watkins look like they were AMAZING on SNL by comparison….but not Noel Wells….who was AWFUL! Just as awful as this girl I referenced.

2. Kevin Tran says:

Really going to miss him on SNL and his Drunk Uncle character. Who knows if Me, Myself & I is a hit or miss.

3. Alyson says:

Saw this coming a while ago, he’s hardly been in any sketches this year. I’m excited for his new show, but sad about this.

4. iHeart says:

well this was no secret, I hope he gets a send-off on saturday, we haven’t had a good one for an SNL cast member since Hader left

5. mags says:

Moynihan and John Larroquette don’t look or sound alike.

6. He deserves a strong sendoff.

7. TV Gord says:

I hope his new show succeeds. He has certainly had some fine moments on SNL, but it’s certainly time for him to move on. I wish others would take a hint, too (koff koff Kenan kaff koff).

8. Brandon says:

I have already missed his him this season. Oh how I hope we get one last drunk uncle.

9. mia says:

good for him, he deserves better than snl

10. Douglas from Brazil says:

SNL castmembers don’t usually succeed at other networks not named NBC…Going to CBS is like playing a clown for an elderly home.

• TV Gord says:

Andy Samberg is doing pretty well at Fox (so is Will Forte). Julia-Louis Dreyfus had a good run on CBS with The (HIGH-larious) New Adventures of Old Christine before hitting her stride on Veep (not on NBC). Jane Curtin had a successful six seasons on CBS. Garrett Morris is wrapping up six seasons on CBS’ 2 Broke Girls. Jim Belushi’s According To Jim plodded on through eight mediocre seasons on ABC (still, a steady paycheck). Michael McKean is getting more acclaim for AMC’s Better Call Saul than its star). Jan Hooks helped to keep CBS’ Designing Women afloat for its final two years. And I don’t even need to mention Harry Shearer, who could probably buy and sell everyone on this list, thanks to Fox.

11. Joey Padron says:

Gonna miss on SNL. Hope he gets a good sendoff on the show on the season finale.

12. Chris says:

I hope Kenan Thompson is the next SNL cast member to leave! He’s been on the show for TOO LOOOOOOONNNNNNG!!!!!!!!

13. Gena says:

“I’m gonna live forev–”
    RIP Ass Dan. :(

14. tara17 says:

The trailer for Me, Myself and I looks good, looking forward to it!

15. Billy Bob Johnson says:

How did he escape the “Lorne Michaels” clause in his contract? You know, the one that says everything done after SNL has to involve him as exec producer/producer.

16. J Inserra says:

Amazing! Going to miss him.