DWTS Season 24

Dancing With the Stars Semifinals Recap: Did the Right Couple Go Home?

We’ve officially reached the home stretch of Dancing With the Stars‘ latest season, and you know what that means: The performances will be spectacular, the emotional breakdowns will be frequent… and there’s always time for one more shocking elimination.

All of that proved true during Monday’s semifinals broadcast, which seemed to challenge the final four contestants in ways both moving (Simone Biles tearfully admitting that she’d reached her limit) and just plain weird (David Ross putting a lemon… somewhere anatomically unsavory).

Those struggles in rehearsal weren’t for naught. Over the course of two hours, the remaining couples turned in performances that were emotionally compelling, massively fun or — in at least one case — a combination of the two.

And yet, the night wasn’t without its plot twists: Pitted against David for the last spot in next week’s finale, Simone was sent home during a results announcement that left the entire ballroom — including David and Lindsay, correctly — agape. (But really, after Heather Morris was sent home in Week 6, are any of us really surprised by this turn of events?)

First, let’s review how each couple was scored on their two dances this Monday:

* Normani Kordei and pro Val Chmerkovskiy: Viennese Waltz (36/40) and Jazz (40/40)
* David Ross and pro Lindsay Arnold: Foxtrot (34/40) and Tango (36/40)
* Simone Biles and pro Sasha Farber: Jive (40/40) and Rumba (40/40) — Those back-to-back perfect scores really make the elimination sting a bit more, huh?
* Rashad Jennings and pro Emma Slater: Rumba (38/40) and Quickstep (39/40)

And, of course, the full results:

ADVANCING TO FINALS (in order they were announced)
Normani Kordei and pro Val Chmerkovskiy
Rashad Jennings and pro Emma Slater
David Ross and pro Lindsay Arnold

ELIMINATED
Simone Biles and pro Sasha Farber

OK, your turn! Were you shocked to see Simone and Sasha eliminated? Which finalist do you hope to see snag the Mirrorball next week? Drop all of your thoughts in a comment below!

1. Daniel says:

As much as I was shocked and frustrated, in the end I am not surprised. Simone had not improved for weeks. Tonight she finally broke through but unfortunately that was too late. I may be biased because I am a Cubs fan, but David brightens my week every week. In the end, as long as Normani wins, I’ll be happy!

• NP20 says:

Had no idea who he was before this season but he’s so enjoyable to watch.

• april-ann says:

Go David! What a wonderful person he is. He has worked hard, had fun and improved so much. He and Lindsay are so entertaining! I didn’t have high hopes for watching this season but David kept me tuned in. He and Normani are my favorites.

• Kathy says:

I’m a lifelong Yankee fan, so I shouldn’t like him because he was on the Red Sox (that rivalry runs deep), but damn, I think he’s great. I’m so glad he made it to the final three, because I thought he’d be the one to go last night (the Cubs fans and Boston fans must be voting like crazy). I think it will be Rashad or Normani who wins, though.

• ChrissieK says:

Daniel: Spot on! Total agreement!

2. Daya says:

I think it’s BS, but I also think some chintzy reality competition show trophy can’t replace gold medals, either.

3. Angela says:

Yeah, I definitely don’t think Simone should’ve left tonight. I was hoping it’d be her versus Normani when they whittled down to the final two next week.
    She gave a good exit speech, though. And her dances tonight were lovely.
    Also, Normani’s second dance in particular rocked. That was so much fun to watch.

• LaDonna says:

Agree. Now, I really don’t care who wins. Actually, I may throw all my votes to David next week. The judges have been incredibly biased toward Normani since the beginning. I stand by my statement from several weeks ago…this week should have been Simone, Normani, Nancy, and Heather with any three of those making excellent finalists. But oh no, they can’t have an all female semi-final. ABC completely engineered this one.

• Jess says:

Biased toward Normani? She is an amazing dancer and performer. They were just being truthful.

• LaDonna says:

Yes, she’s very good, but it’s pretty obvious she’s the one the judges wanted to win from the beginning. The funny thing is, she has almost as much dance experience as Heather, but I don’t hear anyone complaining about her the way they did Heather.

4. fernando933 says:

This is the worst season. How is David in the finale when he’s not a good dancer, time for Normani to win this

• april-ann says:

Please watch it again. He can totally dance.

• Kayla says:

no, he can’t.

• fernando933 says:

He’s not better then the other three on the show. 34 and 36 while the others made 40’s and 39’s

• april-ann says:

He is better than Simone and Rashad.

• Sarah says:

You’re delusional.

• april-ann says:

No, I am not delusional. I watched. Just because I don’t believe what the “judges” are told to say does not make me delusional. Anyone who believes the “judges” and what they are told to say is delusional. Which makes you…delusional.

• Jeanne vishton says:

You are wrong. I agree with Sarah

• Maybe you’re not delusional but you’re obviously not a dancer or someone that should be judging because he is not in any which way a better dancer than anybody that’s left on the show or Simone!!

• Karen says:

Terrible! I was shocked that Simone is going home. I think if she had a different partner maybe she could have gone on. I don’t know, but i will not be watching next week.. i usually watch the mirror ball, not this year. I cannot figure out how the baseball dude has gone this far.. he gets lower judges scores than Simone and has not improved in my opinion. The three left are very self confident to say the least.

• TineeDancer says:

Are you serious? He is a very poor dancer. Had he been coming to my studio I would have refunded his money and told him there was no hope. It just goes to prove this should be renamed WHo Do You Like The Best, rather than DWTS because it isn’t a dance competition, voters vite for who they like rather than who really deserves to win. That lumbering ungainly giant shouldn’t be anywhere near the finals.

• He is not better than Simone. And he may be a nice guy and that’s all fine and dandy but he is not the best dancer. And that’s what the show is about dancing not his the nicest.

• Susan K says:

He is in the finals because he has an enormous fan base, winning world series titles in both Boston and Chicago. That is the way the game is played.

5. NP20 says:

When Nancy went home I was over caring who stayed. Truly though Simone was not that fun to watch – very boring.

• DS says:

Then we weren’t watching the same show, Simone was very fun to watch and not boring at all, she should have been in the top 3. Maybe you need glasses.

• Yolanda Porter says:

I agree, I don’t know what show she was looking at. To me Simone and her partner did à great job. Stop being jealous.

• april-ann says:

Nancy is a gnat. A personality-challenged slug. It totally came through on there.

• Kayla says:

You are a lovely human, aren’t you?

• april-ann says:

Yes, I am. You know who is not? Nancy. There’s no hiding a hideous personality on this show. You put yourself out there and it comes through. She tried but just could not hide it. And it’s certainly not the first time she has displayed her hideousness, nor the second, third, fourth, fifth….

• Lynne says:

Ok Tonya Harding.

• april-ann says:

Okay that was so predictable we need a new word for predictable. I should have addressed that but didn’t think I needed to here. So disappointing. Here goes: My comments regarding Nancy Kerrigan in no way whatsoever mean nor show support for Tonya Harding. I can’t stand either one of them. I feel both are equally heinous for altogether different reasons. I reserve the right to feel the way I do about both of them, and respect your right to do so as well.

• Cleo says:

How you can judge someone from knowing them on an hour TV show where they have about 10 minutes of air time – tells me that you are the gnat.

• april-ann says:

What makes you think I’m judging Nancy based on her time on DWTS?

• Danielle says:

Well said. I felt the same way about James last season.

• Danielle says:

my last comment was not meant to be posted here.

6. Alyse says:

I wish people voted based on who was the best dancer rather than who is more popular/who they like best

• Tenney says:

Why? It’s supposed to be about who is your favorite dancer and your favorite doesn’t have to be the best. I don’t look at DWTS the same way I would look at a competition like SYTYCD where the best dancer is expected to and should win. I know everyone has a different opinion on the voting, but for me it’s about the joy of learning how to dance and who I enjoy watching dance the most.

• ChrissieK says:

Tenney…exactly right! We watched 5 weeks of Strictly Come Dancing in the UK and I tell you, they don’t have any of those celebrities on because they can dance! But it is fun to see how they might improve each week and their show is on Saturday and Sunday with a rundown Mon-Fri for 30 minutes…it is all about the dance!

• RC-S says:

That’s the best answer and comment! Totally why I stopped voting. It has become a popularity contest not a dance contest.

7. skrable2 says:

The biggest fanbase and the best dancer aren’t always the same person. As long as you remember that countless voters think of DWTS as a popularity contest and not a skills competition, your frustration level doesn’t get out of whack.

8. Mary says:

I blame the judges. Simone’s dances have been flawless yet her scores were the same as the guys. How can they act so surprised when she was sent home. It was their fault. I think I am finally over this show..

• Elisabeth says:

This is a cliche thing to say, but the judges’ scores only count for half. And I don’t think they’ve been wrong, really – she always seemed to be holding something back, which I get is a result of her training, but they’ve been telling her for weeks to work on it. She was amazing tonight, but that’s the first time I REALLY enjoyed her in a while! I think that the talent has just been really good this season. You could argue that David should have gone home instead, but he’s actually been improving, so that’s been fun to watch.

• Laurel Lane says:

I agree with you Elisabeth. I wanted to really like Simone but I just really wasn’t that interested when she danced. David made me watch. No, he’s not the best dancer but I look forward to his routines. He makes me smile. I never felt Simone connected with the audience.

• I couldn’t agree more. I wasn’t at all shocked that she went home. Was she a technically proficient dancer? Yes. Was she fun to watch? Not really.

And sadly, she wasn’t likeable. She came across as entitled. Even if that’s not at all who she really was, it’s the way she seemed UNTIL tonight. By then it was too late.

• april-ann says:

Simone’s dances have been that of a cheap steel wind up doll. No emotion. Hideous dances (not her fault but count). I did like that she explained she has spent the past 14 years of her life in a gym – no chance for showing emotion there. Not if you want to succeed as an Olympic athlete anyway. But she never “got with the program” enough and this show is about improving, fun and entertainment and she was never any of those imperative things.

• DS says:

She most certainly was fun and entertaining to watch. But they couldn’t let a gymnast win 2 seasons in a row. Simone was made a scape goat. But she is the Greatest of All Time for gymnasts.

• Laurel Lane says:

Why do you think she was made a scape-goat? The judges were in shock and it was genuine. She didn’t connect with the audience the way David Ross did or anywhere near Laurie Hernandez the season before.

• Gerry Jr says:

Ms April has your mind gone to the blackhole or something?!😠 Simone Biles dances was awesome from the get go I mean hello perfect forty scores in both dances so Ms Biles should’ve stayed and go after that mirrorball trophy not that lousy stinky baseball guy who cannot dance worth nothing plus low judges scores too tsk tsk Mrs April shame on you😡

9. Raine says:

Definitely big popularity contest and good dancing too!

10. Andrea says:

THEY ELIMINATED THE WRONG COUPLE,

11. Michelle Smith says:

The elimination of Simone was indeed shocking as well as sad. How ironic it happened on the night she attained perfect scores.
    David was very congenial and appealing but he should have been the one to leave.
    Simone was gracious in her elimination and came off as classy.

12. Sara says:

David is what this show is all about: someone who has no dancing experience who learns and grows throughout the process. He is having a great time and it shows. Is he the best? No. But this show has never been about who the technically best dancer is out there. He got all my votes and then some. If you want to see pro level dancing, So You Think You Can Dance should be starting soon.

• Lolis V says:

I completely agree w you Sara!! I absolutely love the idea that the public has had alot to say in this series. David has always been the underdog but he’s so good and genuine and fun to watch. I’m excited to see a non dancer make the top 3. This is absolutely what this show is about, someone who’s dancing skills arent the best who proves capable week in and week out. I think it’ll be between Normani and David. Rashad is absolutely amazing (and hot) but I think David has more of a fan base. I also felt bad that they didn’t celebrate his finalist spot and instead focused on the shock that was Simone getting eliminated. She’s the world’s best gymnist no doubt…I guess she decided to come out of her shell a little too late. #teamunderdog

• Joyce Gladden says:

I agree 100%. The competition is never level from the beginning. David, has by far been the most improved and I would be ecstatic if he upset the entire apple cart and won.
      He probably would if left entirely to the fans. However, the judges try to destroy the chance of any contestant who goes further than they believe he/she should by scoring them so low it is insurmountable by fan vote. We’ll see.

• Linda says:

I totally agree with you…some contestants have an edge over the others.Example: last year the gymnast won when it should have been Sharna and Hinch . He turned out to be fantastic and had no previous dance experience

• Laurel Lane says:

Linda, I totally agree with you. Hinch was my very favorite amateur dancer in all of DWTS history. Never heard of him before the competition but was so very impressed with him throughout. I truly felt he should have won.

• Danielle says:

Well said. I felt the same way about James last season.

• Danielle says:

Well said. I felt the same way about James last season.

13. april-ann says:

Yes OF COURSE the right one left! Should have been gone weeks ago (but not before that slug Nancy). I’m disappointed the “judges” acted “shocked”. It was an insult to the ones left standing there who should not have been in jeopardy: David and Lindsay. Yet another insult was the score for Rashad, who I just love and think is very charismatic. But his dance was wooden compared to David’s, and Rashad’s received higher scores. Normani is wonderful. Such a nice person, it shines through. I’d like to see a final between David and Normani with David winning. He is just class and grace personified. Not to mention charisma, which he has in spades, and not to mention that he has really shown he’s having a great time there. Truly nice people always shine. No one has worked harder, no one has improved more than David. Isn’t that what DWTS is all about anyway?

• Elisabeth says:

I thought the same thing about David and Lindsay haha – no, he’s not the most talented/perfect dancer left, but he puts his heart and soul into every performance and works every week to be better. And it shows! I felt so bad that he had to stand up there and watch everyone from the judges to Tom and Erin stand there with their jaws on the ground like he didn’t have a chance. Poor guy!

• april-ann says:

Totally! I thought that was horrible of them. He deserved better from all of them. Whereas Simone deserved her ousting and they should not have acted differently.

• DS says:

She didn’t deserve the ousting, she is a much better dancer than David and should have been in the final 3.

• april-ann says:

Believe it or not, there’s much more to it than the actual dancing. And she certainly fell short.

14. meg says:

The judges who were so “shocked” need to learn how to score honestly. Stop grading the worse dancers on a curve and stop under grading the better dancers. The judges are the ones with the experience and are half the vote. The inexperienced voting audience votes for popularity, not dancing ability.

• Rod says:

Right on. If they would stop inflating the scores of the poorest dancers, the popular vote wouldn’t be able to “shock” them. It is their own fault.

15. John says:

Kept waiting for Tom to say “Hold on, I read the card wrong”

16. Carolyn Bess says:

SURPRISED….NOT! This whole year has not been practical. Perhaps it’s a lack of people not voting, don’t know!??? How does a go

17. Elisabeth says:

Wow…I am shocked by this one, though not because I thought she was the best or the most deserving. I figured she had a lock on the finals purely based on America’s vote. But I feel like she’s been on a plateau for weeks, and she showed a little bit of immaturity by snapping back at the judges (who have been telling her for weeks that she needs to show emotion…she needed to try a lot harder and stop making excuses at some point). So I’m not totally sorry to see her go, though she had a great night. Normani and Rashad definitely deserve to be in the finals, and I appreciate David because he represents exactly what this show is about – improving week after week, and not taking anything for granted. Slightly shocking elimination, but I’m okay with the final three!

18. Cynthia Quinn says:

Not watching anymore….officially boycotting any and all ABC shows, including anything Disney….ABC cancelled my favorite show on TV….LAST MAN STANDING!!!

19. Jeanne vishton says:

Simone should not have been eliminated. She was excellent.
    Rashad should win.

20. Cynthia Quinn says:

Not watching anymore!! ABC cancelled my favorite show, last man standing!! Will not watch anything ABC and Disney!!

21. Cynthia Quinn says:

Too chicken to post my comments!!! Good bye ABC!!

• Angela says:

If you come back and look, they got posted. It’s not the site being “chicken”, it just sometimes takes a few moments for the comments to load. The same thing’s happened to some of my comments. too. Settle down.

22. Linda says:

Shocked!
    Normani and Val to win the Mirrorball.

23. Rick Giesbrandt says:

This show is done!!! Perfect scores and you get sent home!! I’m done!!

• Karen says:

I am done as well. I don’t think David has improvedl. He is still flat footed and doesnt move fluidly! People seem to love him, but i think it is because he excudes self confidence

24. USA Olympics fan says:

You didn’t want 2 gymnasts winning back to back!! Gymnast should of been safe from elimination because of her scores!!!

25. Gina Gould says:

Last week Carrie Anne was so horrible to Simone Biles,telling her to not be exact in her steps,saying she is robotic??
    It really is not a good show anymore,keeping a bad dancer in, and cutting a great dance-does not make sense!!!

26. Gina Gould says:

Weird Cheryl Burke dance?

27. The elimination of Simone and Sasha came directly from Carrie Ann’s comments last week on Simone’s “not smiling” and “lack of connection.” She was the best dancer of the lot repeatedly. But with the thoughts of outside voters who generally have no expertise in dance and are swayed by emotion not thought, I have no doubt that Carrie Ann with her catty remarks ended any chance that Simone would prevail. That is sad. Though I like David Ross immensely, he is clearly out of the league of DWTS excellence. I am saddened by not being able to see Simone and Sasha in the finals. Maybe Carrie Ann, who’s been all over the board this season with inappropriate over-the-top cheers and accolades (as with Bonner) and really unfair negative reports of Simone should pull back. Simone and Sasha, having been given two perfect tens on the two dances tonight, it is shameful for a show like DWTS to allow such an elimination. I think the judges should be careful in what messages they are sending to the “voters.”

• BARBARA says:

The votes for this elimination were for last week’s performances. They were all cast before the start of this week’s competition.

• Laurel Lane says:

I do think that needs to change. Why put anyone thru competing if they’ve already been eliminated? Maybe that should be announced at the beginning of the show?

• Dallas says:

If they announce at the beginning, the person would then have wasted the full week of training and prep to not even get to perform. I think if they are going to keep this format, the current night’s scores should count, maybe only 10% but they should get some credit, whether it be better or worse than the previous week, for the current weeks dances. Or maybe the highest score of that week should be immune from going home. Not sure what the best option is, but I think it’s crazy for these people to put in a weeks work and training and have it count for nothing potentially. Just my two cents.

• Chistosa says:

While I agree that Carrie Ann was harsh last week, I disagree that Simone was the best dancer. Dance is an art and should evoke emotion. Not once all season did Simone succeed in that. I have seen technically perfect ballerinas not get the lead role because of their lack of connection with the audience and or the other dancers. I am surprised that she has lasted this long.

• Rod says:

Absolutely correct. Carrie Ann was downright mean to Simone with her comments, and then to add insult to injury, she was the judge sent to “help” Sasha and Simone learn to dance “with more emotion” and less precision, more “slightly off the beat” and with fewer smiles. Yet when Carrie Ann showed Simone what she wanted, her dancing looked worse than Simone’s or Sasha’s. What is wrong with this picture? I have no doubt that Sasha could dance the same routine with Carrie Ann, who would lack the agility to do the moves that Simone does effortlessly and likely appear less professional in an actual ballroom dance competition. Julianne Hough should have been sent to coach her, since she was slightly less cruel with her comments. Really, all the judges unnecessarily beat up on Simone for no good reason and they hurt her feelings. I guess they felt it their duty to break her spirit. The question is why? It seems twisted to me. And yet the same Carrie Ann pumped up David and Rashad with undeserved praise. How did Simone not “connect” with the audience? She was adopted and she and her family sacrificed so she could become World and Olympic champion. Becoming the best in the world through hard work and sacrifice does not “connect” as much as going from self-entitled whiny bench warmer to team player and world series champ? Sorry, but to me, Simone’s is a more compelling story.

28. AWSuitt says:

Not surprised at all after judge Len’s comments to the cowboy who needed compassion for his overcoming injuries and the progress that the made in the competition. To tell someone who has overcome so much in so many words that “you don’t belong here” and to excoriate some one like Len did the cowboy in such a humiliating way, can only lead me to believe that basically the DWTS competition is basically decided before the competition begins. What a lack of human compassion….

29. Linda says:

Not watching any more. This is horrible. Leaving David the worse dancer. What a bunch of BS. Just because you were in the World Series doesn’t make you a dancer. The fans vote should be about 30% of the total vote.

30. Virg says:

I can’t believe the best dancers are gone no more

31. Amy Wegner says:

I couldn’t believe that Simone was eliminated. Totally thought one of the guys–probably David–would be gone instead. If America didn’t think Normani had it in the bag before, she does now, they just handed it to her.

I agree with others that think the issues Simone had with Carrie Ann and Tom last week played a part in it.

32. Evonne Katro says:

My thoughts are the celebrities that have never danced before are doing a great job week by week! Kudos to the baseball player David Ross and the football player Rashad!! They are who I am rooting for!!

33. Ernestina L says:

I think they need to stop bringing people that have dance experience, and stop it with the gymnast , please .

34. Tonya Bates says:

It’s all BS. Don’t care what you say Simone should have not been voted off. Not saying she deserves to win but the baseball hitter does not deserve the spot he’s in. Anyways we already know the outcome and that’ll be okay with me

35. R says:

Hi I’m a huge cum fan but I think they got it wrong I’ve been watching since the beginning as much as I
    like David Ross there’s no way Simone should have been sent home I know this is some what of a popularity contest I think Simone should still be there and I believe that precious Armani is going to win and deservedly so she’s by far the best dancer

36. Tim Dirks says:

Shame on America for voting for David. David is a great baseball player, not a great dancer. I will never watch Dancing with the Stars again. Looks really bad on the show. The judges should have a higher percentage for semi final

37. R says:

Hi I’m a huge cub fan but I think they got it wrong I’ve been watching since the beginning as much as I

38. I will no longer watch this show. It is so unbelievable the people that have been sent home. I thought this was a dancing show not a popularity contest. It is ridiculous that the fans have 50% of the say-so of who he goes home. I would bet the majority of them now when dance from another. I have watched the show from the time it started but I will find it very hard to ever watch it again. As far as I’m concerned it should be canceled.

39. Bernice says:

All though I like David Ross, he is clearly out of the league of DWTS excellence. I am saddened by not being able to see Simone and Sasha in the finals. Maybe Carrie Ann (who has been giving unfair and negative reports of Simone) should have pulled back. I think the judges should be careful in what messages they are sending to the “voters.”

40. jeanna says:

All my favorites are gone except David and Lindsay – so it’s go David go all the way, now!

41. Suzanne Bobbett says:

No they were not the right couple

42. Emily says:

What is wrong with their phone banks? Did you see the disgust in the judges faces? Come on man.

43. Rubye Porter says:

Norman now that Simone is out.

44. Renee Hamler says:

This show is about who’s the best dancer period! Sometimes the best dancer wins and sometimes they don’t. Should David Ross have been eliminated. Heck Yeah! ;

45. AngelWasHere says:

Nope. I like David, but it should have been him.

46. Anna says:

I am not surprised that she was eliminated this week because I felt that her comment that smiles don’t win gold medals would not sit well with the viewers. It did not sit well with me.

47. ,Linda Garza says:

Perhaps from now on, Simone will learn that Olympics is one thing (sports) and Dancing is totally something different.
    You are there to win a trophy and obviously NOT a gold medal!!!! Aren’t we all suppose to know that SMILING DOES NOT EARN YOU GOLD MEDALS?

Now REALLY, who does this LITTLE GIRL THINK SHE IS???
    BAD RAP FOR OTHER GOLD MEDAL
    WINNERS
    Host, Tom meant no harm in reference to the smiling.. And if ACTOR’S/ACTRESS’S have PLAIN COMMON SENSE TO ACCEPT/DEAL WITH THE

JUDGE’S COMMENTS GOOD OR BAD..
    WHO DOES THIS LITTLE GIRL THINK SHE IS? BAD EXAMPLE FOR OTHER OL
    TO ACCEPT AND DEAL WITH

• Gayle says:

Maybe she’s a contestant who was fed up with being told she’s too perfect. Or did you miss Carrie Ann telling her that she’s too on time with the music. Duh! The judges have been knocking her down to add suspense not for any real lack of dancing ability. Well they screwed up big time with this one and now one of the best is gone and so am I.

• one-trackmind says:

Heaven forbid she wasn’t smiling ear to ear during her critique last week. Tom Bergeron condescendingly asks, “Why aren’t you smiling in response to the compliments?” (which he admitted on Twitter was a clumsy question) and she tried to express that she’s spent most of her life in gymnastics where skills are more important than showing emotion.

I don’t doubt that as a competitor she wanted to win the mirror ball, but long after people have forgotten who won this season of DWTS, Simone Biles will be remembered as the most decorated American gymnast of all time with a chance of more to come at the 2020 Olympics.

48. Judy says:

Someone needs to do a recount on that elimination of Simon Biles! What a travesty!

49. Steven Newberry says:

Look, being a long time die hard Cubs and baseball fan I was rooting for David. However, I have to be fair. David should have been eliminated, not Simone. The rules need to be changed before dwts loses credibility. This is twice now that a potential and deserving finalist has been sent home because fans lack objectivity. I absolutely love dwts but so much weight being given to fan voting is unfair to deserving contestants to say the least.

• april-ann says:

Simone should have been eliminated. This is not just about actual dancing. There’s much more to it, and she didn’t have it.

• Jessika says:

April Ann , It was time for Simone to go. After her rude comment last week she came off as arrogant. Rashad and David are true gentlemen and have great attitudes. They deserve to be the final two. Viewers don’t like bad attitudes from the pro dancers or celebrities.

• Rafael says:

That I will agree with you permanently, Jessika. Rashad and David are true gentlemen with great attitudes and not only that they are trying their best to dance independently, although, I doubt either of them will beat Normadi next week, IMO.

• april-ann says:

I agree! Please re-read my comment. Responding to Steven Newberry who said that David should have been eliminated and not Simone, I said “Simone SHOULD HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED”. And I’m glad she was. That’s what I have been saying all along. The right one went home. For the first time ever, I absolutely adore all three finalists!