Criminal Minds Beyond Borders Ratings

Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders Cancelled at CBS

There will be nothing beyond Season 2 for Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders.

CBS has cancelled the spinoff, starring Gary Sinise, Alana De La Garza and Tyler James Williams.

The drama, about a division of the FBI that helps American citizens who find themselves in trouble abroad, never achieved close to the ratings success of mothership series Criminal Minds, which was renewed for Season 13 in April. This season, Beyond Borders averaged 5 million weekly viewers and a 0.8 rating, down 28 and 33 percent from its freshman run.

Beyond Borders‘ final two episodes air Wednesday, May 17 at 9/8c.

Will you miss the offshoot? Hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Sara says:

Oh boo. I have been enjoying this so much more than Criminal Minds, which I barely watched this season.

• joannc1017 says:

that is not right come on CBS bring it back

• Pat Booth says:

I agree! Gary Sinise is a great actor and a great person. I liked the show better than Criminal Minds!

• Criminal minds simply got to gory for me.

• Kathie says:

Agree! I quit watching Criminal Minds at least 6 seasons ago because it got too
            gory for me. I started watching
            Beyond Borders, ready to jump ship again if it was the same, but it wasn’t. I like the cast, especially Gary Sinise and Alana De La Garza. I’m really sorry to see it go.

• Amy says:

Me too! It got too twisted and dark so I stopped watching criminal minds a few seasons ago, but I like the Beyond Borders. Boo

• I have met Gary Sinise at one of his Foundation events, and he is exactly as he appears on television. Such a nice guy, with a mission to help Wounded Vets. Too bad CBS has no qualms of losing a great star due to poor decisions, again and again.

By canceling Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, there is no doubt that @CBS will lose viewership across the board, especially his loyal supporters, like the Military Vets he helps through the @GarySiniseFoundation.

2. Mike says:

well that sucks really enjoyed the second season

3. Eric H says:

Another example of a CBS midseason drama not lasting. Can’t remember the last midseason show to last longer than 2 seasons on CBS or any other major network.

• Jim J. says:

Well, midseason shows are more vulnerable to cancellation than fall shows that always run 20+-episode seasons.

• KLS says:

Just the top of head: (ABC) Scandal, Grey’s Anatomy, Castle

• Oran says:

The 100 :)

• fightfan3 says:

American Crime lasted 3 (on ABC).

An older example not listed would be Numb3rs (on CBS).

A couple of comedies Rules of Engagement and The Odd Couple (both on CBS).

I’m sure there are a lot of others from the last 10-12 years inself.

• Coop says:

A big,unique one that immediately comes to mind is JAG, which was canceled by ABC and then picked up by CBS for a mid-season run for Season 2. It never looked back and it was one of the best, most profitable decisions CBS ever made.

• Gospino says:

Body of Proof, Castle, Rules of Engagement, Parenthood, The Office, The Following. Incomplete listing, but those are some pretty recent ones. Three current ones are Scandal, Grey’s Anatomy, and Fresh Off the Boat.

• Fran says:

So sorry! Gary Sinise is great! CBS has cancelled too many good shows!

• Shelly L says:

Yes teyvhave. I usually watch ABC but there are a few I like on CBS &Borders is one great show.
          We like NCIS, MADAME SECRETARY hope they leave them alone.

• Dennis says:

I think CBS has their favorites. The ones they want to succeed, they’ll play with the time slot, until it succeeds. They ones they don’t really care about, they won’t fight as hard. They could make it a hit, if they wanted to.

• Dennis says:

CBS should bring it back, and try it on a Monday or Friday in the fall. I bet the ratings would be a lot better. It’s a great show, with a lot of potential. Plus it has great cast.

4. Louise says:

I liked this show over CM, to bad

5. Biggmac116 says:

This sucks. They were really hitting their stride in season 2. Guarantee this show is 10x better than the crap they’ll try to shove down our throats in September.

• nuschler12 says:

“crap they’ll try to shove down our throats?”

I grew up with TWO TV stations..NBC and ABC. West Virginia’s CBS signal was not strong enough to be picked up by our two story outside antenna.

NOW you have apps for everything. 170 channels on Cable! Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and on and on! You can watch 1,000s of documentaries, recent or classic movies! No one is duct taping you to a chair and making you watch a show!

There isn’t enough time to watch every good show now streaming or broadcast! There is SO much great stuff on TV now!

• KLS says:

True, but all of that great TV costs money and some require a high speed Internet connection. Two things a lot of people don’t have.

• Biggmac116 says:

Wow growing up with only two channels? Bet you also had to walk to school in 2 feet of snow, up-hil, both waysl… wait gramps is that you? No one said I’m being duct taped to a chair. No matter what platform you are watching on you are going too be inundated with advertising, popups
        Print ads, bill boards, sign in screens, etc etc etc … each platform pitching their new shows most of which will fail. My opinion is that this was a good show, with a great cast and I’d much rather see a network put energy into a good show, again my opinion.

6. KLS says:

I wanted to like this show, but the flaws in S1 were too much to overcome. Never watched S2. Wasted opportunity.

7. Karen says:

Can’t say I’m surprised. I’ll miss Alana but the rest of the cast were pretty annoying especially Sinise.

• Sandra Hunter says:

He’s the best reason for watching!! You don’t like superb acting?

• Liza says:

Gary Sinise is amazing. I totally disagree with you!

• Di says:

Gary Sinise is one of the best! VERY disappointed CBS would do this! There are so many crummy shows out there, yet they take the good ones away!!!! not happy!!!

• Sue Heimanson says:

He is totally amazing. Enjoyed this over Criminal Minds which I stoped watching after Hotch and Derek left. Can’t stand Paget.

• nuschler12 says:

Karen agree with you 100%. Sinise and the rest EXCEPT for Alana are one dimensional actors. The episode where they show Sinise’s family in church THEN turn around to show 23 members of a Christian group touring in a foreign country where some guys are trying to start a cult not unlike Boko Haram was TOO much. Sinise and the other guy come across as holier than thou. It was SO nauseating. These perfect families and Sinise’s children wanting to go on Church sponsored tours.

This show always points out how awful other countries are compared to American “superiority” They show gangs, groups who kidnap, people who callously cut out kidneys of unsuspecting then leave the tourists to die. They always show the worst of the worst and the LEOs (local law enforcement) are rarely helpful. That we are the only “good” people left in the world.

I find them all nauseating…sweeping in to take over as the locals are too “dumb.” I quit watching after the church group kidnapping.

• Exiled247 says:

Congratulations, you literally just described the entire premise of the series which is already stated in the opening credits.

• drhenning says:

Now Alena can be freed up to go back to NY for more Forever!! Talk about a good show kicked too early… but of course ABC doesn’t really know what good shows are anyway…

• Andrea says:

I think the Forever ship has sailed, but I’d love it if Alana went back and recurred on Scorpion. Or if Grace Park does leave H50, have Alana become the new team member.

8. fatalsin says:

I don’t think there is enough advertising for the gifted… they should really get more advertising lol

9. Sandra Hunter says:

I liked it so much better than Criminal Minds. That one’s too gory and macabre for me!

10. Betty says:

It is an interesting show. IS. Please do not cancer

• nuschler12 says:

I think (well HOPE) you meant “cancel” not “cancer.”

And it’s already been cancelled. No loss for me anyway. Just kept showing the worst of other countries.

• Steve not Thomas says:

You keep complaining about how it showed the worst of other countries. What did you expect from a show called CRIMINAL minds: BEYOND Borders. We have so many shows that show or have shown the crime in our own Country, what was so wrong about seeing how bad it can be in other countries.

11. Shelley says:

I love this show! It was great. Boo😡

12. Ruth Steele says:

I a very sad about this.

13. Ben says:

I liked this show. What a shame.

14. Liza says:

No!!!!! This is a great show with a great cast and a lot of heart!

15. Debbie says:

I am upset they are cancelling Beyond Borders. The second season was better, CBS should give them a another season.

16. Barbara Boudle says:

Love the actors, o not like shows made for outside US

17. Rose says:

I love criminal minds : beyond borders , I think this is an awesome series , it shows you the laws of different countries and teaches us that our governments could work together with different countries …..I really hope they reconsider ….. they bring back stupid shows that have no story line or just down right stupid and get rid of good series with action and awesome story lines and great actors …..

• It was an awful series that patronised and insulted country after country.

• @Henri McKerr-Kastan I believe there are other Forums where your Poor, Insulting and Virulent Attitude would be appreciated, but not here my friend. You have made your position regarding Criminal Minds abundantly clear in your multitude of comments and replies, to viewers who are most likely here to have their voices heard, perhaps somebody @CBS, or quite possibly another Network, who would be willing to pick-up this Series for a Third Season. Your Negativity breeds Contempt, so I think it’s best that you move on to another forum, where Negative Nancy’s can have their bitching and complaining heard. Just not here, as your commentary is akin to a cancer for these honest and loyal fans to commemorate a show most of us here cherished, and are sad to see it go.

• KLS says:

Apparently, it was pretty inaccurate.

18. Ron Tarica says:

I really liked this show, especially scenes in all these foreign countries. Sorry to see it go.

19. cherres2t says:

they cancel things to easy, stuff that should stay they let go.

20. Imagecrafters says:

Never knew this was on!

21. Karen says:

oh drat…I really enjoyed this..we haven’t seen the second seasn yet in the UK…but I was really looking forward to it!

22. Itgirl65 says:

Bummer, I really liked this show. I loved all the scenes in foreign countries. Will miss this truly.

23. Itgirl65 says:

24. Kiwi3 says:

This sucks. As others have said, I really thought they hit their stride this season.
    I really enjoyed learning about other countries’ justice systems and their interactions with us. It made it something more than your standard procedural.

I wonder if there’s any hope of another network picking it up?

25. ann dunn says:

Love the show sad it’s not going to return

26. Marie says:

Criminal Minds Beyond Borders is an exciting spinoff from Criminal Minds. I have thoroughly enjoy this program and hope the network will reconsider keeping it.

27. No lose – even for a crime show (which requires a big grain of salt) this was so unrealistic as to be a poor comedy. I just hope it did not lead anyone to think that the US government will do this for them if they get in trouble in another country.

28. Samuel Carr says:

This one is much better than the original in my opinion.

29. Jennifer says:

Sad. 😥

But after Elementary and Code Black got renewed, I lost hope in this one. It’s too bad. I really liked this show and the cast. Oh. Hopefully they’ll replace it with something decent.

30. Lynn Harrison says:

Much better than criminal minds

31. Anne says:

Very very disappointed they are canceling a GREAT show 😫

32. Alice says:

Can’t believe they decide to pull curtain on this show

33. Sarah says:

This show deserve more than just 2 season

34. Jay says:

This show was ridiculous. It misrepresented almost every single country that it takes stock footage from and tries to tell us that every country is a danger. The Singapore episode was especially misrepresented, so many inaccuracies. The writers were lazy and didn’t even bother researching the places, countries or situations. If this show was designed to make Americans think that the rest of world is archaic and stupid, then they did their job. Thank goodness it’s gone.

35. Paul Stradley says:

Isn’t then the 2nd Criminal Minds spinoff that’s been cancelled??

36. Di says:

Yes I will miss this. I don’t understand they cancel some good ones and keep some questionable. I.e., superior donuts???

37. Michael Fowler says:

Yes I will miss it a lot I think it is a good show wish they didn’t cancel it especially since it is only 13 episodes I will still watch the 2 seasons I have.Give them another season show was getting really good!!!

38. Great news! The episode about Singapore was so inaccurate and insulting that the series deserved to be scrapped.

39. because of Gary Sinise, I watched the first two episodes but not beyond.

40. Annie Fritzler says:

Another great show I really liked cancelled – they keep the crappy comedies over good shows like this – unbelievable. Several other shows cancelled also that I really enjoyed.

41. Di says:

WHYYYYYYY!?????!!?? I’ve been binging episodes I missed while dealing with a friend’s passing, a young family member having a stroke a week after birth of her baby, and myself being sick, and now I see this!??) SOOOOO BUMMED!!!! This is a great show, one of few that has not blatantly shoved a political agenda at viewers, and in the subtle ways it has done so, showed the most balanced approach I’ve seen in any drama.
    First Tim Allen’s show is cut, now Gary Sinise loses his show??? Is Hollywood so against any traditional family, Constitutional/conservative narratives that even great actors – & great guys! – like Tim & Gary get cut??? Very DISAPPOINTED‼️‼️‼️ Bad enough you (CBS) took CSI-NY away, but now CM-BB… just wrong!

42. Molly says:

The writing killed this show. I tried to watch, but my interest was buried each week in every stereotype and cliche that would fit in 47 minutes. The cast deserved better.

43. Kim says:

I love this show, they got plenty of others that really need canceling rather than this one

44. Sue Kelly says:

I like Criminal Minds Beyond Borders and it has a good cast, they did the same with Criminal Minds Suspect Behaviour and that was a brilliant show to!

45. cathy says:

Aww, I’m mad, I like this show now, better then the first one, cancel that one. The lost two of the best, it’s boring now. Bad move, this network is losing more viewers every year,

46. Susan Deetz says:

Wish they wouldn’t do this. Granted we didn’t get to watch at the 10 time slot and had to catch on the roku, but my mom and I loved the show. How about trying in an earlier time slot before you give it the axe.

47. Tomm Huntre says:

Well, if any of the CM cast is killed off or written out due to the season ending cliffhanger, I’d roll some of the BB cast over. Easily either Gary or Elena could fit in on this show.

48. Raymond Hutfles says:

I found the show interesting because you had the combination of local beliefs and customs meeting with a mental illness. But that may have also put some people off since they do not know the culture and it would be difficult to get the whole picture from the short presentation of the idea to the team. Sorry to see it go.

49. Walkie says:

Good. Maybe Sinise will start doing movies again.

50. Really!? says: