Baby Daddy Ending Season 6

Baby Daddy Ending With Season 6

Ben Wheeler’s adventures in premature fatherhood are about to come to an end; Baby Daddy‘s current sixth season will be its last, TVLine has confirmed.

The news was revealed by one of the show’s writers on Saturday in a series of emotional Instagram posts, including one below:

BABY DADDY 2012 – 2016 💔 what a ride

A post shared by heidi clements (@welcometoheidi) on

The Freeform comedy stars Jean-Luc Bilodeau as Ben, whose life was forever changed when a one-night stand resulted in the birth of a daughter — one he didn’t know existed until she was dropped off on his doorstep. With the “help” of his brother Danny (Derek Theler), roommate Tucker (Tahj Mowry), pal Riley (Chelsea Kane), and mom Bonnie (Melissa Peterman), Ben slowly learned what it means to be a father. Sort of. It’s an ongoing process, really.

And when the series comes to an end on May 22 (8:30/7:30c), Danny will inherit the title of Baby Daddy, as Riley gives birth to a child of their own. (Yeah, my little summary glazed over a whooole lot of drama between Danny, Riley and Ben. Let’s just say everything eventually turned out the way it was always meant to.)

Are you ready to say goodbye to Baby DaddyDrop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Leah says:

What a shame, this is one of my favourite shows. It never fails to make me laugh! Sad to see it go.

2. CarolH says:

I really enjoyed Baby Daddy and hate to see it end…one of the only shows that kept the same child though out the series…now she talks and it is adorable…would have been fun to see Danny and Riley’s baby. Bye Freeform!!

3. iHeart says:

wow that just leaves Young and Hungry

4. Kim says:

Aw man! I’m not ready for this show to end, I love it so much.

5. Kristina says:

Sad it’s ending but it does feel like they’ve been wrapping up the characters’ stories. I’ve really enjoyed this show :)

6. Lola says:

I’m sad. This is one of my favorite shows. I love Bonnie and Tucker. Their antics joint and separately keep me in stitches. Freeform still killing my soul in 2017.

7. Azerty says:

Time for a limited Kyle XY revival next year?

8. Andrew Hass says:

Well 6 seasons is a good run and maybe it was the show’s producer’s decision to end Baby Daddy now.

9. George Ellington says:

This is why I do not like TV anymore! They put on a family friendly show like this that has great potential and they cancel it yet it there was a show with blood gore and foul language they keep it for on for years. I like this show PLEASE KEEP IT!

• Paul says:

They put it on for years. It’s ending after six seasons.

And Babby Daddy is not AT ALL family-friendly. A very recent plot involved Ben convincing Danny to proposition Tucker’s girlfriend to prove she was a prostitute. Most plots are very adult and include sex.

• Jennifer says:

I am so upset doesn’t make any sense to me one of my all time favorite shows all for a blackish spin off please bring back for one more season or something maybe another network will pick it up anything really sad to see it go

• dude says:

It’s been on for six years, they did keep it on for years. Shows end.

• Jackie says:

I totally agree!!

• Hannah says:

Family friendly? The entire premise of the show is that one of Ben’s random hook-ups left a baby on his door. And then Ben proceeded to continue sleeping with half of the women in New York while raising said baby. Also, Bonnie loves getting drunk and showing her boobs. And just this season they had an episode where Tucker was dating a prostitute. In fact, there is a lot of alcohol/drugs and random sex on this show. I genuinely hope you aren’t showing this to any little kids…

10. richard says:

Maybe they can revive it in 10 years or so and we can watch Danny dealing with Emma as a teenager, dating guys much like him.

11. TV Fanatic says:

SOOO not ready to say goodbye to this show! Feels like there are still more stories to be told, but felt like they ended Melissa & Joey too soon too. Just because a couple finally has a kid doesn’t mean it’s time to end the show!!!

• Steph says:

This is one of my favorite shows, maybe even my favorite and I’m sad to see it go! I can’t believe the show ended the way it did. I feel like there should be more. We need to know more about Ben and Elle and the new baby and Riley and Danny. I just…I can’t believe it’s over…#babydaddy

12. LE says:

So if I get it correctly according to THR because of the Blackish spinoff Baby Daddy is not getting a back order… that sucks :(

13. So says:

“(Yeah, my little summary glazed over a whooole lot of drama between Danny, Riley and Ben. Let’s just say everything eventually turned out the way it was always meant to.)”

Haha, thank you for that Andy! :) Danny and Riley were always the real deal. It’s a shame that we won’t see more of them as parents now.

But I’m really going to miss this show. :( I love all the characters and Emma had just started talking more this season which was nice.

14. Drew says:

Aww. I’ll miss Jean-Luc Bilodeau’s smirk, skinny jeans, and changing hairstyles, and I’ll miss Derek Theler’s chest and abs. I’m not superficial – you’re superficial.

• Sabs says:

I will miss Jean Luc too. What else will we get to see him on now that will be a good substitute for this?

15. Amber Q says:

Wow this is really sad I love this show and it reminds me somewhat of Friends which is my favorite show ever. I will definitely be sad to see this show go.

16. Ann says:

I’m pretty certain this isn’t new news. They announced this was the last season last year.

• J.B. says:

Nope, new news. The Hollywood Reporter is even saying the show was going to get one more episodes but ABC decided to focus on the Black-ish spinoff instead. The 100th episode was written as a potential series finale because the writers weren’t sure they would get a renewal.

17. Esther A says:

This is bull! So we didn’t see if Ben found the one. Really sad.

18. kathy finnegan says:

First Last Man Standing and now this?? I’ve got a migraine from the sadness of it all!

• Becky says:

Last Man Standing gets cancel now Baby Daddy. Can’t have clean tv. I can’t wait til my contract is up on satellite service. I won’t renew it. No sense in watching the non sense on tv.

• Paul says:

Baby Daddy wasn’t “clean”. A very recent plot involved Ben convincing Danny to proposition Tucker’s girlfriend to prove she was a prostitute. Most plots are very adult and include sex.

• Hannah says:

Lmao this show has never been “clean TV” – there is random sex, excessive alcohol imbibement, and drugs everywhere. There was an entire episode about dating/propositioning prostitutes earlier this season. Bonnie’s husband is currently in prison. And the entire premise of the show is that one of Ben’s random hook-ups dumped their baby on his doorstep – it took him a while to figure out who the mother even was.

19. tallsy says:

I got this sense based on the cast’s social media when they taped the 100th episode. Still, I would rather watch Baby Daddy than other Freeform shows.

20. sheila lavare says:

That stinks, i was looking forward to seeing Danny being a daddy….They always take off the good shows and leave the stupid stuff on….

21. Betty says:

I love this show. I will miss it.

22. Regina says:

Omg this sucks big mistake Iove Bonnie and tucker

23. Sonics79 says:

Man they just killing my favorite comedies this week first LMS, then 2 Broke Girls, and now Baby Daddy. This was literally my top comedy on all of cable so sad to see it go I feel like it had a few more seasons left in it. Melissa Peterman and Tahj Mowry was awesome and too funny in this show. Shame because the baby was talking now and we never got a chance to see Danny and Riley’s new baby.

24. marian says:

totally bummed – – not very many light hearten shows out there – – –

25. J.B. says:

“The Fosters” will be next since it isn’t a part of Ascheim’s “becomers” brand.

26. Ann says:

I thought May 22 (episode 100) was the mid season finale. So sad

27. M says:

We have enjoyed this show. Hopefully it will have a true ending.

28. Jamie says:

Ah, no! I was hoping for one more season now that both Ben and Danny will be both raising kids. Such a shame – this really was a gem of a show.
    Also, there will be a giant missing *Bonnie and Tucker shenanigans* hole in my heart when this show wraps.

29. Lyndy says:

I’m happy with this…the show was never the same when Riley and Danny got together. I would be happy with a spinoff of Tucker and Bonnie and Ben as a recurring character.

• Lola says:

Riley and Danny were the least interesting part of the show imo. Bonnie and Tucker were amazing. I found myself most entertained by them followed by Ben. I was over the will they/won’t they of Danny and Riley. Boring pair if you ask me. Danny is funnier and more entertaining with his brother, Tucker, and Bonnie. The relationship was like a weight around the character’s neck. Add baby and it was a double weight.

• Emily says:

you should never feel happy about fans losing a favorite show. you didn’t have to watch it.

30. Joey Padron says:

Sad news. Hope the series finale have a good ending. Thankful the show had a good run on TV with ABC Family and Freeform.

31. Jw says:

I watched this show since the beginning but I haven’t seen it in about 2 years. I thought it was already off!!

32. Paige says:

I feel so cheated!! If Freeform just ended it, that’s fine, but the fact that they were going to make more episodes and then chose to the blackish spinoff instead?! It may not even do well! There was room for so much more. I wanted to see Riley and Danny as parents!

33. Sandrine says:

They’re ending the series with 11 episodes? What an odd number! This seems like the first half of season 6. Looks like the decision to end it was hastily made. Likely to make room for the black-ish spinoff. Bummer! They should’ve made another 11 episodes and shown them this summer like they always do then end it.

34. Yazmine says:

I’m not ready for this show to end!! I rarely watch TV but when I do i always watch Baby Daddy!

35. Yazmine says:

36. Kate says:

Super upset about this!!!! My favorite 30 minutes each week! It’s Freeform’s highest rated comedy and this just sucks! #savebabydaddy

37. Bekka C says:

I really like this show besides young and hungry, it was the best 1 hour for the whole week! Its so sad, I wish it would continue.

38. Ram510 says:

I thought I was sad/shocked when Last Man Standing was canceled, this is times two. This one really hurts. I really enjoy watching this show and was not ready to say goodbye nor did I think it was getting canceled this soon. I think for sure this show would get a final season announced ahead of time like Melissa & Joey did (still miss that show too). This just sucks

39. Ram510 says:

They cance this amazing show for that boring, unfunny Blackish spinoff. WTH! Can Freeform just uncancel Baby Daddy like how NBC did with Timeless PLEASE!! Cause if (or when)the Blackish spinoff fails at least they can keep a solid comedy around as a utility player. PLEASE SAVE BABY DADDY

40. Mandy says:

Not fair, this was probably the best show on Freeform. Big mistake to cancel the series

41. Daphni jo says:

This is one of my favorite shows, I’m really upset about this news!

42. Denise says:

I’m not ready for the end however they should do good ending unlike other shows

43. Theresa Edwards says:

No I’m not ready to say goodbye it is a great show hate to see it go

44. Teesha says:

No I want more can you guys find a new place to call home. I feel like the story is not over I love baby daddy it new and funny and I feel it something different and fresh.😥😥😥😥😥

45. A. D. says:

Freeform you suck…this was a great and funny show…so you use the money for a fun show for a Blackish spin-off…what crap!

46. Sandra Valle says:

I always looked forward to new episodes new seasons of baby daddy. There was always something up with Ben that kept things exciting. Would have been great to see the new adventures with Danny and Rileys new baby. So sad to see the show come to an end.

47. Sue Horton says:

They can’t cancel now we need to see Danny and Ripley with their baby at least one season

48. Sue Horton says:

I just read the only reason they cancelled is to have room to air a spin off from blackish. Well I will not watch the new show because of this it isn’t right to do that.

• Mandy says:

I read the same and I think its ridiculous that they are cancelling one of their most popular series to make room for one that may not work out. At the very least they could give Baby Daddy a short season 7 so there is proper time to wrap up their series and characters.

• Charity says:

The was the best !!!show ever and i really dont watch tv.they are deff making a huge mistake By canceling the show this is so sad😭😨