Once Upon a Time Cast Cuts

Once Upon a Time Bosses Confirm Six Total Exits: 'We Fervently Believe It Won't Be the Last We See of Them'

Capping a week in which Jennifer Morrison unexpectedly bid Once Upon a Time adieu and Rebecca Mader announced her own exit, the ABC series’ creators have stepped forth to confirm six total departures.

As hinted in recent weeks and now made official, the fantasy series will move forward in Season 7 with longtime cast members Lana Parrilla, Robert Carlyle and Colin O’Donoghue, in addition to new additions Andrew J. West (The Walking Dead) and Alison Fernandez (Jane the Virgin), both of whom debut in the opening frames of Sunday’s two-hour season finale.

Meaning, original cast members Ginny Goodwin, Josh Dallas and Jared Gilmore, plus Emilie de Ravin (who made her debut midway through Season 1), will not be returning as series regulars.

“Words can’t do justice to what Ginny, Josh, Emilie, Rebecca and Jared brought to Once Upon a Time… but we’ll try,” series creators Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis said in a statement. Then, going actor by actor:ONCE UPON A TIME Emilie

“Ginny reinvented Snow White for a modern audience – there was no way she would be stuck cleaning up after dwarfs. She created an iconic empowered heroine for the 21st century.

“Josh mined the depths of Prince Charming – a character who in myth was just a ‘type’ but in his superlative interpretation became a complex man fighting for love and family.

“Emilie took the character of Belle to a deep and soulful place, bringing great intelligence and warmth to the character, making her fiercely independent, strong-willed but also an eternal optimist who saw only the best in all those she encountered.

“Rebecca took us on a broomstick roller coaster ride as she re-invented the Wicked Witch of the West by finding the pain beneath the green. She made the character soar to incredible heights while always keeping her grounded and relatable.

“And Jared literally grew up before the eyes of millions, from a child actor with enormous innate talent to a young man whose abilities continue to astound as he created a character who truly, as we ONCE UPON A TIMEsay on the show, has the heart of the truest believer.”

All told, Kitsis and Horowitz avowed, “Never have we had the privilege of working with a more talented group of collaborators. Each brought unique talent, incredible intelligence, and their own individual bit of magic as they gave life to these iconic characters. We can’t thank them enough for the hard work, dedication and passion they delivered day in and day out. Without them there would be no Once Upon a Time.”

Nor will Once forever be without them, the producers hope. “As Once continues, this group will always be the beating heart of the show,” they said. “And even though we won’t be with them every week, in a show about magic and hope, we fervently believe it won’t be the last we see of them. “

1. webly3 says:

Might as well get rid of Hook if Emma’s not in it. That’s the only way I feel that they can salvage a seventh season.

• Wordsmith says:

I’m also wondering how it will work with one but not the other. Hopefully the setup in the finale for this new chapter will make it clearer. I’ll reserve judgment until then.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I’m finishing the finale right now, will let you know ;)

UPDATE: The finale is resplendent with closure; tears came to my eyes, in fact. And it also teases what Season 7 will look like. Just. As every. Report. Has said.

• SamofSherwood says:

I’ll give you a tenner if you tell me how it ends ;)

• Wordsmith says:

Knowing how devoted you are to this show, Matt, if you say the finale does the show justice, that’s good enough for me.

• the girl says:

On your words I’m tempted to watch it and I haven’t watched Once in two years. But there’s a part of me that is interested in seeing the ending of this phase of the journey, especially as it pertains to Emma, Henry, and Regina.

• Rose says:

I honestly can’t see a happy ending for captainswan if they are separated! The only way to avoid that would be recasting Emma (which most fans are against) but reading your comment I’ve decided to watch this Sunday finale and then decide if I should continue watching or not.

• buttercupscarlett95 says:

The word “closure” makes me think death or separation for Emma and the other exiting characters, and that just breaks my heart. I’m questioning whether I want to watch the finale now.

• Butch says:

Great to know the finale does what the fans want and puts a cap on six seasons. Thanks Matt

• coverdale says:

Is it true that Regina, Rumple, and Hook move down to Miami Beach and open up a hotel?

• Lysh says:

This gives me hope. It just hurts a bit to lose all these great actors.

• CVJ says:

Will rumple fans get any closure? Some hint please Matt:)

• Susan says:

Will Captain Swan get a happily ever after? That’s all I care about.

• shawn says:

is emma going to sacrifice herself to save everyone and send them back to the enchanted forest? will everyone get their happy endings, like snow and charming raising emma as a baby regina and robin raising a child and naming him henry..

2. Susie says:

I actively can’t imagine why anyone would want to stick with the show after this. I certainly won’t be.

And why would the actors choose to come back after devoting six years of their lives to the show to be unceremoniously kicked to the curb?

• Butch says:

I like the show and will be glad to watch it next season. If I don’t like it after I see it, I will stop watching it. I don’t know why anyone judges something before they see it.

• Susie says:

Uh… because the show has fired all of my favorite actors and the creators said that this finale was their original endpoint.

• Troy says:

They didn’t fire them. Their contracts were up and they decided not to renew. They all had the option to renew and decided not to.

• SamofSherwood says:

I’m pretty sure Rebecca Mader was fired (paraphrasing)

• Susie says:

Uh, at least Rebecca Mader was fired.

• Butch says:

The contracts were up but not everyone was asked to continue . Rebecca Mader apparently would have stayed if asked. We don’t know about anyone else. Perhaps after Sunday’s finale they will choose to tweet the reason they are no longer on the show.

• Butch says:

Next season is clearly going to be a different show from the first six seasons. You can still think of this Sunday night as the series finale of OUAT and next season’s show as basically a new show with some of the cast from the old show.

• SamofSherwood says:

Then why not spin it off? ala The Originals

• Butch says:

As I mentioned in an other thread it is all semantics. They could have easily said next season is a spin off instead of calling it a reset.

• Janet says:

Remember Once Upon a Time in Wonderland? No one liked it when they tried to do a spinoff, so they are probably calling this a reset to be safe.

• KristyK says:

They didn’t fire them, their contracts expired and most of them had already said they would likely not return. Considering the large number of fairy tale characters there are, making a change might be a good thing.

• Haz says:

Because when a show has been on as long as OUAT people are attached to certain characters and sadly 9 times out of 10 these reboots and retoolings do not work. What bothers me about this type of approach is if it flops it effects the overall legacy of the show.

• Kidwynn says:

Omg I feel the exact same way. All these trolls and negative people saying I’m never watching again I hate the reboot. Hello, you people haven’t even watched 1 episode of season 7 yet. How about you save all those negative comments for later.

• Diane Himpele says:

Seriously!!! How is it ever going to be the same or even close when half of the original key actors are going to be gone.

• tamim says:

I know it’s a very different type of show, but ER and other shows like it have let “main cast” members come and go and the show remained mostly quality. There were some, meh, times, but there was actually growth and beauty and drama and the err and flow of characters I believe helped keep it alive. Yeah, OUAT is a little different, but they have also had at least some characters appear and disappear, to the precedent is set. I say give it a chance. I remember when ER started letting a few of the beloved characters go people got really worried. Then they found new loves, one can hope and I will give it a chance.

• Lia says:

ER was about the hospital and the people there, it had room to allow changes. Once was about Emma understanding her role as the Savior in the midst of accepting her connection to fairy tale characters in real life, especially Snow and Regina – it’s a show about the characters, not about Storybrooke. An interesting situation is Grey’s Anatomy’s: even if it’s set in a hospital, it’s a show about characters and they have removed and added characters while the true core – Ellen Pompeo’s Meredith – stayed. The Law & Order shows, on the other hand, are about the stories and we get glimpses of the characters’ personal lives and they have changed their casts many times in the past.

I watched the finale and have mixed feelings about it. I wish them all the best.

• SamofSherwood says:

I do too..

• SamofSherwood says:

People are entitled to how they feel, my favourite character is still in it but I still feel very uneasy.

• MLPR says:

Because Hook without Emma is something that I will not watch. Unless there is some sort of plausible body switch.

• kp22kc says:

It didn’t say they were kicked to the curb. It said they were not coming back as regulars. That doesn’t mean they were fired. Rebecca Mader was not asked back so that was pretty much a firing, but the rest they haven’t said yet. But maybe Zelena will be killed during the finale and it will explain why she wasn’t asked back. Maybe they all chose not to return. I think all contracts were up at this point and all would have to be renegotiated and the actors leaving probably just chose to go on to other things.

• quang says:

Most actors would happily come back just for the work, especially in this field where people can wait a year between bookings.

• Gospino says:

Unceremoniously kicked to the curb? Lol, they’re actors, not stupid. They know that no job is forever, and they don’t want to burn bridges. When a contract ends, they know it might not be renewed and typically have the good sense not to get pissy over it. In other words, they behave maturely.

• cerezzax says:

I do know. Someone that couldn’t stand most characters anymore and was tired of the show, who was going to stop watching until they read the news about the new season, and now think it could be interesting again.
      Aaand… their favorite character is staying :)

• Ashley says:

Agreed! This is where I draw the line. I won’t be watching 7. I’m done. They have killed the show by taking out all of the main characters. And their Henry replacement looks nothing like the original. Hair color aside lol. Still sad though that they are ruining the show!

3. Don’t know what to say about this. Will definitely be a whole new show next season. :(

4. Danni Cary says:

With most of the original cast members leaving, ABC shoulda just cancelled the show.

• Maria says:

I dotn watch the show but certainly I agree with you. If most of a show original cast members are leaving a show why the reason to keep a show, might as well cancell it. It makes no sense keep a show with the whole main cast almost new, for what?

I doubt it will draw more viewers.

• Butch says:

I don’t think there was an original cast member left when ER finished its run. New people came in and the show continued. Only Mariska Hargitay is left from the original cast of Law and Order SUV. Actors leave during long runs. New actors replace them. Doesn’t always kill the show.

• Mac says:

But most of the time it happens gradually, whereas this show is hemorrhaging original cast members as we speak.

I don’t watch, but I completely understand the frustration.

• Paul says:

Completely different shows. Procedurals. That is not what Once Upon A Time is.

• Gospino says:

I don’t think any main character was with ER from beginning to end. Carter was in the pilot and finale but was gone for part of the time in between. The show lasted a long time and was really good during much of the run despite the cast turnover.

• Paul says:

If ER had let go 6 actors all at once, most of them who had been with the show since the first season, and including the lead character, it would have flopped the following season.

• ds says:

Ice T has been there since the 2nd season of SVU, I’d say he’s still a member of the original cast.

• Lucifer says:

There’s a big difference from story-of-the week procedurals that are constantly changing their casts to abruptly eliminating 6 main cast members on a heavily serialized show after 6 seasons.

5. joe says:

Revamps never work look at Sleepy Hollow ….

• David says:

I actually liked Season 4 of Sleepy Hollow better than 2 and 3. A reboot was just what that show needed, it turned out.

• Mac says:

Sleepy Hollow should’ve just looked at The X-Files to know that if your show centers on two main leads, getting rid of one is a terrible idea. Ditto Castle had they continued as planned.

6. Jackie says:

They should have ended it instead of lugging around a carcass for another season. They’re getting rid of every single relationship on the show that anybody cared about and rooted for (familial, romantic and friendship). And they call it a show about hope and happy endings? Give me a break.

7. Claire says:

I loved this show so much. I’ve stuck it out through bad writing, through my favorite characters repeating the same stories, through this lovely actors being pushed aside for unimaginative plot. This show started when I took my first adult job and it was always a ray of hope for me.
    It won’t be that now, with the majority of the cast gone. I’m disappointed that the money was worth letting something that was once wonderful be left to wither and die. And I’m especially heartbroken that a show about happy endings, or happy beginnings, is cheating all of its characters out of theirs.
    I’ve said it before, I won’t be watching, but the truth is I feel like these showrunners and this network have just let me down.

8. Len says:

The fact the Emma Swan the protagonist is gone is as Jen is leaving is heartbreaking. And seeing the Charming Family go. And also the love story of Emma/Hook which I have watched for 5 seasons and just recently their wedding day to get their happy ending / happy beginning along with her family. I just hope the show does not mess with Emma’s journey overall. I cannot fathom what Hook will be doing without Emma… they just got married and fought so much to be together. And as I said even losing Charming Family gang – Josh, Ginny and Jared. Very cautious about this new season and I don’t think I would be invested as before. Even though two of my favourites Jen and Josh are leaving and one which is staying Colin.

9. Phillip says:

Serious question: What the hell is the point of another season?!

10. elf says:

All those characters gone? No thanks. Not interested. Should have ended it.

11. SamofSherwood says:

(You keep adding more posts) So, hang on, first they say there’s no cliffhanger & no loose threads & now they’re saying the final scenes of the finale will reveal the plan for season 7?!
    Which is it Once showrunners? have they added scenes since last night?
    are these guys related to Pinocchio?
    Is this alienating a huge portion of the fan base?!
    Killian is my favourite but even I feel a little meh!
    Colin was locked-in (boxed in) but Lana & Robert chose to renew, I hope this doesn’t end up hurting her career (I feel Robert will be fine)
    I plan to watch the last few scenes first, if I’m intrigued, maybe I’ll tune in, if not…
    This is a crazy amount of change & people generally do not like change..

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Hey, “Sam.” Not sure where you have been getting your information from, but TVLine has always (and repeatedly) reported that the finale will offer closure for long-running characters, then tease what Season 7 will look like.

• SamofSherwood says:

Nothing against you Matt, but didn’t they say if it ended Sunday there would be no loose threads or cliffhangers? if they tease season 7 & the end of the finale that seems somewhat contradictory..?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Actually it doesn’t, but it’s the Internet, so contrarian away!

• Dysturbed says:

Most shows that have a defined finale, or a season finale that can serve as a series one, establish that the characters will continue to have similar experiences to the established ones, even though we won’t see it. Crimes will still be solved, or funny situations will still happen, and so on, depending on the context of each show. Grimm is a recent example of a show that hinted at how life goes on, even though the show is over.

Now apply that to OUAT. If it ended, the “tease” would simply let us know how life will go on, presumably with Andrew J. West being adult Henry and going through experiences. Since it isn’t ending, that same “tease” will establish the basics of what will happen next year. Either way it’s not apparently a cliffhanger since it won’t necessarily leave anyone with suspense, rather curiosity. Whether or not that curiosity will bring viewers back, is of course unknown.

• Dysturbed says:

I apologize to anyone who reads my post for it looking like one giant paragraph. It was actually spread into three when I posted.

• Rose says:

What does closure for captainswan mean if they are separated?!

• SamofSherwood says:

My bad Matt, another source led me down the garden path.

12. Jess says:

I will be watching the season premiere but if it isn’t my cup of team I will not be watching it

13. LE says:

I’m really curious about the reboot because it’s obvios that there’s gonna be a time jump and probably a change of setting because maybe storybrook will be gone too…

14. TV Fanatic says:

Definitely will be tuning in next season, but really curious as to what they’re going to do with Hook. It almost seems like the should leave him behind unless Emma dies in the final battle. I mean, a reboot with Lana and Bobby would have been more than enough to keep me around.

15. Rob says:

Honestly what the [REDACTED] show did ABC renew? Literally nobody is back save for a few and I’m supposed to care because…?

16. Lauren says:

This is so ridiculous – how are they going to explain the disappearance of half the cast, not to mention, the core, original players? Another curse? They all die? Both awful options. ABC has lost their minds. Did they learn nothing from the Castle fiasco last year, or other similar situations? Fans are generally not pleased when you continue a show without its beloved characters. Good grief, just end it on a high note.

17. Tracey says:

Lol to quote Frozen, “let it go.” End the series with dignity

18. Sarah says:

Well this is getting cancelled after next season. SIX main characters, three of them very central to the entire show, are leaving? Why have Hook & Emma get married if he’s staying and she’s leaving? That makes no sense. Instead of rebooting they should do a spin off. The reboot WILL fail.

19. Deborah Kaplan says:

It’s a shame that they are asking 5 of the best actors to leave. They really were great in their roles. From what I had read, maybe the producers will bring them back one day. I guess we will have to wait and see how the show does in Season 7.

20. W. says:

Over it. Since they’re letting all the characters I care about go, I have no interest in watching this (sure to be short-lived before cancellation) reboot.

21. westwingwolf says:

Yes, Colin is locked in because of his contract, but the writers could have chosen to not use him if they want to preserve the idea of Emma getting a happily ever after with him. I’d rather Hook just be seen in flashbacks so the idea is that in the present Emma & Hook are happy together. But that doesn’t seem like what the writers want to do, and that saddens me that Emma’s not getting the happily ever after she wanted. I don’t even ship Captain Swan. I just want Emma to get everything she wanted.

• SamofSherwood says:

Same! it just seems so mean! (PS make sure you read the ahem other sources’ piece on Aaron Sorkin today)

• westwingwolf says:

I know it would get old fast and sound so stupid each time, but I would be fine with Hook saying something like “I spoke to Emma a few minutes ago” so we can assume that they are still together off screen at times.

• SamofSherwood says:

I’m not sure that would fly the entire season, I’m sorry but that really would be a bit lame:
          “Where’s Emma?”
          “Oh she’s out..”

• westwingwolf says:

Yeah, but I’m more about preserving Emma’s happy ending than anything else. I’d much rather not see Hook in the present at all.

22. Anne says:

Well most chose to leave but bex madder said it wasn’t her choice. I would like to know why? I thought she would be around looking for her magic and bonding with Regina.

23. Andrew Hass says:

Sometimes a cast shake up works and sometimes it doesn’t.Plus for all we know some of the actors that leaving it might have been their own choice.Plus i’m wondering if the characters of Emma, Snow White, Prince Charming and Henry disappear somehow since all 4 are connected to each other and next season will be about trying to find them.That’s why the door is been left open for them to return one day

24. Eliza says:

I can’t imagine this show without these characters, but mostly I can’t imagine watching this show with Hook, but without Emma. Not 5 days ago we saw them pledge to love each other until eternity and now what? I won’t watch a show that destroys a story it asked us to invest in. If Emma dies, or loses her happy ending or her happy beginning with Hook or they pair Colin with another person, I will never watch anything from these producers and writer ever again.

• Len says:

I do not want Hook and Emma’s love story messed up. They are an epic race they had and journey… and to be honest they are IT for each other. I hope that the showorld fulfills that they are endgame!!! This their love story written in a fairytale show and will be remembered

• Mariana Vidal says:

I truly agree with your point of view Len. Unfortunately we cannot convince the producers to end the show on a happy note for everyone. In last’s week episode Emma said to her love: This is a beginning and now they tell us that Emma will not be returning. Whatever happened to the happy endings that these fairy tales were supposed to have? What about Belle and Rumple? I want them together happily ever after!

25. ZinniQ says:

I’m sorry, but what is the point of another series, with nearly the whole cast missing? It should end now.

26. ZinniQ says:

It should end now. Too many of the cast missing will not work!

27. 777 says:

What’s the point of another season then?! Just do a spin off.

28. NAN says:

Buh Bye now…it wont last unless they draw a new audience..the ”true blues” will desert !

29. Lulu says:

I’m very curious. I’m excited that Lana is staying, she’s an excellent actress. And Robert, who is fantastic. Which leaves me wondering about Rumbelle with Emilie leaving. I suppose we’ll get our final answer to that relationship in the finale? Which I’m actually looking forward to because this constant back and forth with them has been a little tiring.
    And Hook without Emma? Again, curious. I’m wondering if something might happen to Emma in the finale. Maybe it’s a Buffy-type situation and we’re looking at a sacrifice.
    And I have no doubt that the new actor cast is a grown-up Henry. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he’s not. And with the description they gave us about the character, being a bit cynical and whatnot, that again leads me to the theory that Emma sacrifices herself to save everyone.
    Then the Charmings go back to the enchanted Forrest like they’ve been wanting.
    I’m looking forward to the reset. I think it could be interesting. Either way, I’ve gotten this far with the series, might as well stick it out.

30. Jovana says:

They should’ve just canceled it.

31. Butch says:

Hopefully a positive result of all the hate for next season will be that all fans and soon to be former fans will watch Sunday to see their favorites before they move permanently to the Enchanted Forest. By the way is everyone who came to Storybrooke from the Land of Untold Stories still in Storybrooke ?

32. SamofSherwood says:

Matt, we’re all flummoxed & a postin’ but I’d like to know if you think this can work?

33. amandajeanne35 says:

lmfao just cancel the show

34. Lyn says:

As long as REGINA’s still there, I’ll watch.

35. Mariana Vidal says:

I am devastated! The one show I have been watching and enjoying week after week and season after season since 2011 has been destroyed! How can Rumple be around without gorgeous, faithful Belle? How can Hook stick around without our beautiful, brave and resilient Emma? What about our darling little prince Henry? Most of all, how can we the die hard fans of Once Upon a Time be happy without Snow White and Prince Charming? I cannot even imagine the fantastic Queen Regina ever being happy without her son, her wicked sister and the love of her life Robin hood.

IS THERE NO HAPPY ENDING FOR ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS?

Each and everyone of these gifted actors have created individuals that I truly care about. Not even the brilliant performances of Mr. Carlisle and Ms. Parrilla will console me from losing everyone else.

I am sorry Adam and Eddy but you really messed up this time! I am sure you could have done something to keep everybody on board for a more cohesive, meaningful farewell to the show and you did not. For Shame, for shame, for shame!

36. BrianL says:

I wish they woulda done more with Jared Gilmore. I think they kind of wasted his talent.

37. Jules says:

What’s weird to me is that they’re keeping half of three different duos. Hook but no Emma, Rumple but no Belle, and Regina without her sister or her adopted son. How is that going to work? Where is the story for any of them without Emma, Snow, Charming, Henry, Belle or Zelena? The three who are sticking around have no love interests, no motivation to be better, no rivals, no hope for the future, no conflict, no… Stories. Very weird way to go. I mean, unless all we’re going to see is backstory. Or those three being inexplicably separated from the others and sent to a different world. But we’ve already seen that, with Hell and Never Never Land. Too weird.

• SamofSherwood says:

I can only think it’s pre-Storybrooke, the only thing throwing me off is adult Henry unless…. he’s the one who goes back in time, there’s a thought..? 🤔

• Butch says:

Possibly, but if set in the past you negate all the growth of the characters. Regina is the Evil Queen yelling that she wants Snow White’s heart, Hook wants revenge on Rumple, Rumple wants to find Bae, where could you go with that except repeat what has already been done.

38. David Hess says:

This is most likely a budgeting issue, some left because they wanted, others left because the show needed to cutback. It’s different, but this doesn’t mean that Something bad is happening to the charcters leaving, after all it’s still Disney. Don’t assume the worst, we don’t even know how season 6 ends.

39. Azerty says:

This is the very first time of my life that I am disappointed that one of my show is NOT cancelled. Everything lines up for a cancellation: it is the “finale battle” aka the conclusion of the story they intended to tell, most of the cast is leaving – including your main character, and the ratings are low. I seriously don’t understand that renewal. I have lost interest in Once last year, I stayed because I invested 6 years in the characters and the story but now I am not sure that it will keep me here.

40. CHRISTOPHER LOVE says:

I am intrigued to see how the new season turns out. The finale outta be really good, hopefully. If the finale doesn’t do a good job at setting up hype for the new season, I probably won’t tune in next season.

41. Michele says:

Seems obvious. Age up Henry with the recast as a bitter adult who doesn’t believe anymore. Child comes in (at once I thought perhaps an aged up baby Robin but baby Robin is basically a ginger so the casting doesn’t fit). Kid makes Henry start to believe there is hope to save his family.

Keep Rumple, Regina, and Hook trapped in a fantasy world where time doesn’t move and they are trying to find their loved ones. So it turns into Three’s Company meets Thelma and Louise.

They meet up with aged up Henry and have to work to break a curse to free all the Charmings, Zelena, and Belle from some other ‘existence’.

Along the way they meet other Disney brand characters.

The series is about re-boots every season so this doesn’t feel that drastic and considering many of that cast was barely on screen the last few years… this seems a wise creative and network move to steer things in while tightening up the storytelling.

Might just bring me back to the series in a more immediate time frame vs saving up a bunch of episode and half watching them while doing other things — which sadly the last three seasons has been how invested I was with the stories they had to tell.

Exciting.

42. SamofSherwood says:

We aren’t seriously going to see Adult Henry declare “we have to go back!” are we??!! leave LOST where it belongs, in Hawaii…

43. Diane Himpele says:

I love the show but will not be the same or even close without these great actors so I may not even bother watching. ABC has gotten so many people in love and hooked on shows and then just cancels them no wonder why people watch cable. It’s said this and so many shows lose characters or are cancelled but ABC keep the same crappy shows on for years. Very disgusted and disappointed in ABC

44. WTF, just end this show then, everyone is leaving

45. TVLineCommentator says:

just cancel the show

46. LKE says:

I’m having a hard time imagining a world where Emma would be separated from Hook and Regina would be separated from Henry! While it’s good to know “The finale is resplendent with closure”. these things will still be true. Boo :(

47. Geordie Mike says:

So cancelled next year. Re-boots tend to be wrong, and this one looks bad. Major characters gone, and sticking with characters who have so many ties to the ones who left. Don’t think this will work.

48. Patty says:

Why even bother with the show now? I see no reason to watch.

49. bbdrvr says:

As long as Regina and Rumple are there, I’ll still watch — but without the people who inspired them to try to be better (Henry and Belle), I worry what it could mean for the characters.

• Mariana Vidal says:

bbdrvr, you are absolutely correct. Regina and Rumple will keep me watching the show for as long as it goes on with them in it. These two actors are simply outstanding at their craft. However, without my darling prince Henry and the noble Belle by Rumple’s side I just know the show will flop.

I am totally devastated no other show will ever be as wonderful!

50. TvFan says:

This didn’t work out for Scrubs, it probably won’t work for OUAT either.