John Noble The Librarians

TVLine Items: John Noble Visits TNT's Librarians, Major Star to Fargo and More

Walter Bishop is becoming an actual bishop.

Fringe vet John Noble will appear in The Librarians‘ Season 4 premiere as Monsignor Vega, a Vatican bishop who is the secret leader of the Heretical Order of the Shadows, EW.com reports.

Additionally, the TNT series has tapped Rachel Nichols (Continuum) to recur as Nicole Noone, the mysteriously resurrected guardian of Flynn (played by Noah Wyle).

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Mary McDonnell (Major Crimes) will guest-star in Fargo‘s May 17 episode as “the so-called storage queen of The Great Lakes region, Ruby Goldfarb, who offers Emmit Stussy (Ewan McGregor) a way out of the mess he’s in,” EW.com reports.

* Bunheads creator Amy Sherman-Palladino and co-star Bailey De Young will reunite on the Amazon dramedy The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, in which De Young will recur as a friend of the titular character, our sister site Deadline reports. Kevin Pollak (Mom) also has booked a recurring role on the series.

* Skeet Ulrich (Riverdale, Jericho) will portray Elizabeth Smart’s kidnapper Brian David Mitchell in Lifetime’s upcoming authorized original movie I Am Elizabeth Smart, per Deadline.

* Cartoon Network has ordered the animated series Unikitty, based on the character from The Lego Movie, Deadline reports.

* TNT will air the one-hour special AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to Diane Keaton on Thursday, June 15, at 10/9c.

1. Dominique says:

oh it will be fun to see john noble on the librarians! :D
    why did they recast nicole noone though? would’ve loved to se have seen sonya walger back again.

• taran63 says:

Agreed on both points. I hope they at least asked Sonya Walger, I thought she did a great job in the role. If she didn’t want to do it, though, I’m fine with recasting the role.
      And with a name like the Order of Shadows, I’m guessing John Noble is the villain. And I’m fine with that!

2. Hank says:

Yeah, why recast Sonya Walger? They got every other original actor from the movies. I was hoping to see Noone but sucks they had to recast.Rachel Nichols isn’t a bad choice though.

3. Great just love John Nobles.. can’t wait to see my favorite actor Christian Kane in action again as Jake Stone.. Hope him and John get lots of scenes together…Thanks for sharing

4. kirads09 says:

More reason to watch the Librarians! John Noble anywhere, anytime is a delight. And being a longtime Continuum fan, love Rachel. Yay!

5. JC1 says:

I like Rachel Nichols, but as someone who has just recently bingewatched Librarians (tv show, then movies), I’m echoing the questions of “why recast Sonya Walger?”

6. Alichat says:

HA! I just tweeted the other day after finishing my Fringe binge that I needed more John Noble on my tv!! And he’s coming back as a bishop! LOL!

7. Luis Roman says:

Has “Perfect Citizen” been picked up by CBS? If so, how is Wyle balancing “Librarians” with “Citizen?”

8. Joey Padron says:

Happy John Noble will be guest starring on the new season of The Librarians! Can’t wait to see him on the show later this year!

9. The best lead drama actress in America is no longer a free agent. Rachel Nichols is BACK on TV. Should’ve been nominated for 3 Emmys for Continuum.

10. Expect The Librarians ratings to shoot through the roof as every sci-fi/fantasy fan will be watching!

11. RachelC says:

I clearly missed some big news – I thought the Librarians had been cancelled! It’s back?!