the voice recap top 10 performances

The Voice Top 10 Performance Recap: Blood, Sweat and Especially Tears

Has Mark Isaiah become the Sanjaya Malakar of The Voice? Going into Monday’s performances by Season 12’s Top 10, it certainly seemed so. Though more than half of you who voted in our elimination poll last week would have sent the Austin Mahone wannabe packing, he remained in the contest, the recipient of a puzzling instant save. Did he finally hit upon a song that would allow him to win something more than Adam Levine’s admiration and fourth place in a high school talent show? Did Vanessa Ferguson Riri-cover from her “Diamonds” misstep? Did Chris Blue manage to top his rendition of “When a Man Loves a Woman”? And what reduced Aliyah Moulden to tears? Read on…

Jesse Larson (Team Adam), “Jungle Love” — Grade: B | Though Jesse said during rehearsal that he and his band had often performed The Time hit, his rendition wasn’t sounding like it was going to make anybody’s (Morris) day. On stage, he was fine — and even, adorably, busted a move — but the song didn’t often showcase the power of his voice, and, lacking the charisma of, say, a Chris Blue, he wasn’t able to sell it. Maybe I’ve just seen Purple Rain too many times. I like Jesse: good voice, comes off like a helluva guy. But this wasn’t his finest hour. Or, you know, his finest two minutes or so.

Aliyah Moulden (Team Blake), “Jealous” | Advised by her coach to channel into her performance her anger and sadness over losing her father, the teen did just that but became so overcome by emotion that she broke down in tears and had to stop singing before she managed to get out the last line. If you didn’t get at least a little choked up watching that, you’re probably the kind of heartless bastard who’d complain that I’m not going to grade her for this but instead say that she’s generally a terrific, promising singer and leave it at that.

the voice recap top 10 performancesVanessa Ferguson (Team Alicia), “Doo Wop (That Thing)” — Grade: B- | Suddenly blonde, Vanessa threw herself into the Lauryn Hill classic with vigor and certainly seemed at home on the number — rapping fast enough to be an auctioneer and working the stage like she was doing laps. Vocally, it was neither her best nor her most memorable performance, but it was definitely an improvement over last week.

Mark Isaiah (Team Adam), “Sign of the Times” — Grade: C | Ahead of Mark’s performance, I didn’t have high expectations. And, unfortunately, that was the right way to go into his Harry Styles cover. He sounded better when he got to sing louder, but anytime he had to hit falsetto notes, his voice either vanished or paled in comparison to more seasoned singers (think: Chris, TSoul). So again, as nice a fellow as I’m sure he is, as much potential as he may have, he doesn’t have the chops — at least not yet — to keep advancing in this competition.

the voice recap top 10 performancesChris Blue (Team Alicia), “24K Magic” — Grade: A- | Unlike dear Jesse, Chris was just born to dance. Sing, too, obviously. But the dude has moves — and so much stage presence, he should probably only play stadiums. So, given the chance to put his stamp on this funky Bruno Mars hit, he didn’t merely turn in a performance, he put on a freakin’ show. Vocally, it wasn’t his best — a little shouty at times, and certainly shoutier than we’re used to from Chris, who’s usually so completely in control of his voice. But that performance… damn. I’d buy a ticket to that concert.

Lilli Passero (Team Adam), “Unforgettable” — Grade: C | When it was revealed in rehearsal that Lilli was going to be doing the Nat King Cole gem, I’ll admit, I was scared. I love me some Lilli, but this was either going to go flawlessly or disastrously. And? Yeah, that wasn’t great. She sounded off a lot, and I don’t think she nailed the timing issue that had befuddled her in practice, either. I’ll be sorry to see her go, but it’s time.

Lauren Duski (Team Blake), “Tell Me Why” — Grade: A | And right on cue, this is why it’s time for Lilli to go. She has competition like Lauren that just never falters. Though the country girl has mostly been the queen of the ballads in Season 12, she took on this uptempo Wynonna Judd song and absolutely slayed it. She sounded as confident as she looked up there, and she looked like a future as a dentist should never have been an option for her. Heck, I’ll even download this later, it was that solid.

the voice recap top 10 performancesHunter Plake (Team Gwen), “Higher Love” — Grade: A | Not only did Hunter sound typically stunning on his modern redo of the Steve Winwood hit — that falsetto… jeez! — but I even understood some of the lyrics he was singing for a change. (Maybe he finally read your comments. Or maybe the song is just that familiar.) I wouldn’t have minded the arrangement letting him go bigger at times than it did, but it was a cool arrangement nonetheless, and aside from that one little quibble, it was pretty flawless.

TSoul (Team Blake), “At This Moment” — Grade: A | Capitalizing on the vaguely vintage sound that’s become his calling card, TSoul went a step beyond, giving a gloriously raw performance that suggested that he could really give Chris and Lauren a run for the title. That last long note alone should put him in the semis, if not the finals, too. Billy Vera owes him a thank-you note for breathing that much new life into the oldie-but-a-goodie.

Brennley Brown (Team Gwen), “Anyway” — Grade: A- | Gwen’s country girl sounded a little wobbly to me on the verses — was that an excess of vibrato or a hint of uncertainty? But heaven knows, if there was a problem, the teen solved it on the choruses, singing with a power and absolute sureness that was downright inspiring. Calling it now: Final four will be Brennley, Lauren, Chris and Hunter.

So, who did you think gave the best performance. Vote in the poll below, then hit the comments.

1. Gorgonzola Matrix says:

Aliyah Moulden.

• davmon says:

Setting aside the obvious. I love her dimpled smile. Her doll-like good looks. She has decent stage presence and usually sings quite capably. With her personal charm, I could see her as a teen actress on a tv show where she might get to sing and dance on occasion.

2. Israel Moore says:

I loved her first audition, I love her and personally wanted her to win, and I think like myself, her fan base is defending her first audition. And hoping that that girl will show up in one of her live performances, but it hasn’t.. and everyone else is improving and excelling so much. As sad as it is to see her go it’s her time this was her last performance to me.. And girls like her should never pick Adam she should have went to Blake. I just personally think outside of Blake the whole panel needs to be changed an even Blake can be switched for Tim Mcgraw or Garth Brooks. by their own stroke of awesomeness the contestant manage to pull the focus back to them, but I can’t help but feel that the producers, coaches or anybody for that matter are that invested in the contestants and are more invested in the banter and commentary between the coaches. which is really sad.. I think Lilli can sing quite well I just want Barbara Streisand to take her under her wing, but she was not coached correctly and she should have been more proactive and vocal to what should could and could not do and what she wanted to sing cause these songs over the past week you could feel and emotional disconnect so I know she didn’t like them so she should have said something.. And just because she is More Barbara Streisand than she is Grace Potter doesn’t mean should have to stay in the 50 and 60s.. would have loved a slowed borderline rocker side of her singing Grace “you don’t own me”.

• Team Can't Vote for the Save says:

I’m sure it was your intention to make sense when you wrote all this but darned if I knew who you were even talking about until half-way through your monolog. That said, Lilli’s future as a singer might be as a lounge singer on a cruise ship, and that’s all. Her personality is dull and yet I wouldn’t be surprised if she uses this platform to get into acting. Even acting might be a stretch for her. Just my opinion, but she isn’t performer material.

As for the coaches, the banter is getting stale that is for sure. Rather than switch everyone out, I’d like the producers to make the show more about the contestants than the coaches. That would be refreshing. While speaking of coaches… whoever thought it was a good idea to have Shania Twain sit in a red chair should be fired. She was straight-out worthless.

Overall this season, again – my opinion – has been one of the better ones. The talent of Chris, Brennley, Lauren and Hunter has made the show enjoyable.

3. JMark (formerly JM) says:

Okay, call me heartless, then, because I didn’t think Aliyah sang very well. Yes, it was a sad story about her father, and I feel for her, but this is a competition, and if she wants to compete with the big boys/girls, then she should be judged accordingly. Just look at Brennley, who is the picture of professionalism and yet, only 15. I do agree with your final four, however. They definitely shine above the rest. Hunter was especially haunting, but I have to give props to Gwen for constantly reeling him in and making him stick to the melody. If her suggestion to bring the melody in after awhile hadn’t happened, that rendition would not have been as successful. And yes! Chris Blue is amazing!

• analythinker says:

I agree with you. I missed Aliyah’s performance and only saw on YouTube, but yeah, I’m sticking by my assessment, I still think she’s the one to go, with Lilli or T-Soul.

• Ashley Acker says:

Thank you!!! I have said this over and over. She is a good singer, but her low voice just disappears every single time. This was a better performance for her, but I still think she needs to work on her voice some more.

• analythinker says:

Ok, Aliyah just said: “I hoped it worked out” regarding her meltdown on stage. So… it was intentional and she had a slip of the tongue?

• Nap says:

IT’S OVER, BUT I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS POLL. I PUT CHRIS 3RD SONG. ALIYAH, TSOUL, BROWN. LOVED THE YOUNG MICHAEL KID. HE NEED A MENTOR. 2MUCH TALENT TO GO NEGATIVE. DEATH of a loved one many time BROUGHT on by DEEP EMOTIONS. It is HUMAN nature. I HAVE HEARD ENTERTAINERS TOP NOTCH SOUND SHTY AS HE’LL. WITHOUT ALL THE PHASE OUT

4. davmon says:

FIRST HOUR DEBACLE: After that great show last Monday, I expected some letdown. But fthis was Bad Song Choice Evening VERSUS Show Another Side Fright Night; a race-to-the-bottom I didn’t see coming!! The first hour was worthless—not a decent song, three awful vocals. Even Blake was dismal. At least Jesse & Vanessa scored a B– IMO with bad songs. Whereas…Chris, who’s been best overall, was dreadful—C; Aliyah was low lung power, pitchy, & nerves–D; and Mark was WE DON’T WANNA HEAR YOU AGAIN—F.

• cej says:

I agree – most who changed things up didn’t do it for the better. I didn’t care for many of the song choices/performances tonight (mostly in the first hour also). Hopefully my faves get through! (Lauren, Chris, and Brennley. I like Aliyah and Hunter also.)

5. LolaHaze says:

OK, I’m just gonna say it. Jesse, I love you man, but you are the whitest of white dudes and funk does not look good on you….and the James Brown handkerchief move was so forced it made me cringe.
    And completely agree with the recapper. Chris Blue’s performance sacrificed vocals for the entertainment factor but I was just so darned entertained I don’t really care. I’m pretty much watching just to see what he will do every week.

• davmon says:

I was so down on that entire first hour and expected relief with Chris who is always terrific. Was shocked that he too was off. His pitch and phrasing got worse as it went. So it may HAVE been the dancing’s impact. He should be ok though with so much mediocrity first hour–and Lilli off in the second. .

• Johnson says:

Jesse continues to defy gravity by placing well on i-tunes. Chis Blue has Alicia’s fans and his own fans behind him in the voting booth. Lilli Passero is getting lost in this shuffle. Mark has escaped the elimination twice already. Double elimination looming….Adam could end-up losing 2 team members, ,,1 for sure.

6. davmon says:

SECOND HOUR–PASSABLE. 3 of 5 songs were ok choices. Lilli, had the first good song choice—a classic, her wheelhouse—but was pitchy and ‘not feeling it’—C plus. Lauren—mediocre song, passable vocals; her worst yet was still a B. Hunter with the 2nd good song was first interesting effort of night; his arrangement and vocals were fresh, innovative, and mostly good—B-plus or maybe A -. TSoul had a good song, was mostly good, only occasionally dodgy–B. Brennley seemed low on lung power tonight and not great up high–still she was about as good as anyone on this off-night–B.

• Smokey says:

The only songs I will keep from tonight, are those done by Aliyah, Lauren and Lilli. No dis at all toward the others, just not buying this time.

• I liked TSoul and Hunter. Everyone else was off except maybe Lauren. I am voting for Lili to keep her in. She can get better,

7. kevstar69 says:

Hunter ruined one of my favorite songs, as this after I praised him last week. Does every song have to sound like some brooding singer at Coachella from 2005, when almost every alternative band sounded exactly alike.
    Higher Love is an song with an island vibe, but Hunter made sounded like his girlfriend left him for the captain of the football team.

• davmon says:

Gotta love your take. So well said; as if a music mag critic. I actually liked what he did with it. But had to send some love for you waxing poetic snark.

• bobsaccamanna says:

Thank you that was my thought exactly. He sings every song in the same “Coldplay on Lithium” style. I thought that if he was going to change the song up he would do it more in the style of Winwoods daughter Lilly who sings it beautifully. In any event, if you are going to change the song up at least stick to the melody or else at the end of the day, it really isn’t Higher Love anymore, it’s just the same lyrics. Really thought that the whole show was low energy and a little off tonight. Adam has completely ruined his Lilli who was so promising at one point and Mark just was awful on a song I have been playing in a loop since first seeing Harry Styles perform it on SNL. Even Lauren and Brennley were not as good as usual tonight IMO although for me they both stood out from the rest of the pack . I guess it would be too much to ask for Gwen to be innovative with Brennley and pick a song she could shine on outside of her comfort zone.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Haha! Coldplay on lithium.
        You guys are on fire tonight.

• Eurydice says:

I get what you’re saying about Hunter, but that actually is the melody. And I agree about the low energy, at least that’s how it came across on TV – the coaches were all “You lit up the room!” but my room was was kind of dim. Poor Lilly, maybe her audition was an anomaly, but she’s been flat and weak (in voice and performance) ever since. Adam keeps going on about not putting people in a box, but he crams his contestants in a box an never lets them out

• JMark (formerly JM) says:

Just think how it would have sounded had Gwen not insisted that he add back the melody!!!

• Annie says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Everything you said was on point.

• peashka says:

Yes, you nailed it. Higher Love is a great song. A classic. The brooding, breathing alt-band thing Hunter has going on (consistently) has made me perplexed up till tonight as to how come everyone has been so high in him. But tonight he messed with Higher Love — managed to make THAT song sound insipid (to me). So … no. Just no.

• Ashley Acker says:

This!!! Haha! I couldn’t agree more!! His voice is very good, but my goodness, ENUNCIATE your words!! It is not that hard, nor would it take away from his singing. I know this song word for word, so it didn’t bother me as much this time, but his constant leaving off the ends of words drives me insane!

• Yeah really!! I like higher love,the way it was. I didnt like what Hunter did to itheLeave greatness alone!!!

8. Esteban says:

The poll should include 2 more options: “Team Gwake” and “None of the above”

9. Mary says:

I love the singers this year. They are always the best can’t believe how great they are every year. Awesome hard to choose but I think Jesse took it tonight

10. Johnson says:

My hunch on who will end-up as the bottom 4 vote-getters of the top 10 ….. 2 of these 4 will go home Tuesday night, the others are sliding toward the big massive elimination coming next week:::::::::::: Mark Asaiah , Lilli Passero, Vanessa Ferguson, T-Soul…

11. Smokey says:

Here’s a snapshot of itunes top 100 around 11:15 Chicago Time, but numbers can change by the minute tonight.

Lauren Duski – 19

Hunter Plake – 21

Jesse Larson – 24

Brennley Brown 25

Chris Blue – 26

Aliyah Moulden – 27

TSoul – 44

Lilli Passero – 94

Vanessa Ferguson – 123

Mark Isaiah 124

• Jess says:

Weird – my itunes had Hunter at 9 and Lauren at 10. Am I looking at the wrong spot? (it was around the time you looked)

• Smokey says:

My post was from last night before midnight. When you checked today around 10, the numbers had changed…………………………………………………… Hunter and Lauren both made top 10 as you noted, ………………… it appears that Lilli, Mark and Vanessa are bottom 3 tonight, unless the voters give a surprise through voting on the voice app……………….. Mark will still be hard to beat if there’s a twitter war ……. I work with a wide range of age groups and most people under 25 are on twitter….. most over 45 are not on twitter, and have no interest at all in it, unless they are running a small business or enterprise where they want to use social media, or really into sports where they want to get feeds and interact with sports interests. …………………. more of the youth are now also into snapchat , instagram and other new emerging social media …

12. tonythetank says:

Top 3 performances for me tonight was Hunter and Chris in a tie for best performance and Brennley 3rd. The next three had good performances and should go through in Lauren, Aliyah and T Soul. Bottom three is Mark, Vanessa and Lilly. Going home after the last three weeks I feel Mark and Vanessa with Lily having more potential.

13. Angie_Overrated says:

A lot better than last week, so that’s good.
    A few not bad ones at all.
    And then there was Lilly Passero. No. Just no. A jazz singer who can’t sing the correct pitches No. This young lady has to go immediately.

• Smokey says:

The studio version of Lilly’s song sounds good, …….

I have worked with singers in a studio and we often do a vocal 3, 4 or 5 times, then end-up doing several cut and paste jobs or re-record certain sections of the song,,,to get the best product for the finished trac. You can’t make a bad singer into a good one in the studio, but one can make a fair-plus singer sound pretty good. …………………… A number of singers and bands that get albums done, won’t sound nearly as good when hearing them live—— but then, if the crowd is into the vibe, a good time is had by all.

• Angie_Overrated says:

They can also autotune you in a studio. I haven’t paid that much attention to this girl throughout the competition, but at least last night, the pitch issues were extreme. Jazz doesn’t give you a lot of help in terms of finding your pitch and it forces the singers to be amazing musicians. If she couldn’t find her pitch in an easy song like that one, she’s dead in the water.

14. Biobo says:

Wish the sound man would learn how to sell the vocal over the band… The band is fantastic, but the show is named “The Voice”!
    Lauren and Chris were terrific! Brenley was too, although drowned out by the band at times… But Aliyah broke your heart! WOW!

15. gospotlights says:

Lilli and Mark are the easy ones to pick for the bottom. The 3rd one is tougher.
    Aliyah, TSoul, Hunter, and (surprisingly) Stephanie are edging up on that 3rd cut.
    I think TSoul did really well this week and he’s on Blake’s team. So he’s safe. Aliyah did well enough, and being on Blake’s team to survive. Especially with her emotions on her sleeve. She’ll get some sympathy votes.
    I see them both surviving this week unless they split the vote somehow and hurt each other.
    I’m not sure how long Hunter can keep doing the emo, falsetto, slow EDM remix before it starts biting him in the rear. He’s a one trick pony. Stephanie seems to have lost her way, or gotten some bad advice. While I thought Diamonds was passable and her body of work would get her thru to this week, I thought tonight was really bad for her. I don’t mean she was awful, but she’s going the wrong way after previously having some strong performances. That song just never really fell into the pocket vocal-wise.
    I do think she’d easily win the save in a sing off barring a mind numbing song choice. She’s miles better than anyone else that I think she could conceivably be paired with.
    Jesse did get the sacrifice slot, and that song wasn’t exactly what I’d expect to be a big score, and yet he did really well with it considering the degree of difficulty in making that work in this context at all. I think he’s safe.
    So it’s Lilli, Mark, and either Stephanie or Hunter in the bottom. It probably should be Aliyah though. If this was called Disney’s The Voice and the winner gets a lead role in “High School Musical” or a starring role in a Disney Channel show then she’d be a front runner. But she’s safe this week IMO regardless unless the voting public has decided to become more analytical and frozen their hearts.

• skrable2a says:

I’m 107% certain that Stephanie won’t be in the Bottom 3 this week

• gospotlights says:

Hahaha…. Oops! Replace “Stephanie” with Vanessa! LOL…

• Eurydice says:

LOL is right. When Carson introduced Vanessa I thought, “Wait, wasn’t she eliminated ;last week?’ I don’t know why; they have nothing in common – except, I find them both forgettable.

16. Smokey says:

itunes top 100 around 12:15 am Chicago Time, but numbers can change fast trough the night.

Lauren Duski – 15

Hunter Plake – 18

Jesse Larson – 22

Brennley Brown 23

Aliyah Moulden – 25

Chris Blue – 27

TSoul – 36

Vanessa Ferguson – 110

Mark Isaiah 119

Lilli Passero – 169

If this is any indicator, the bottom 3 are Mark Isaiah Vanessa Ferguson ,,and Lilli Passero, ,,, but then, you never know for sure until the show. Stephanie Rice was in the middle area on itunes last week and still hit bottom 2.

• analythinker says:

That rule only applies to other teams and won’t affect Team Blake, so I guess this is an accurate prediction. Adam will lose two tomorrow.

17. analythinker says:

I can understand why some might like Lilli… actually, no, I can’t. To my ears, she just sounds grating and I don’t know… I just can’t feel her heart at all, she doesn’t feel very genuine to me, and if what someone said the other day that she cares more about being an actress after the show is true, maybe that’s why.

And Chris Blue, he was on fire with his performance, but I’m not sure I’m on board with the vocals.

18. Larry Macoy says:

U have same final 4 as mine & it’s hard to pick a winner from these four. But my favorites are Lauren & Hunter since the beginning but I don’t deny the fact that Chris Blue is freaking awesome & might also take home the crown & this young blonde Brennley is too pretty adorable. Who knows if Aliyah Moulden will upset one of the four because she is full of emotions & connectivity to the audience but wow…..I really have a great time watching the videos in youtube. My final two are Lauren & Chris but Hunter oooh gosh he is so current & his voice is so captivating & hypnotizing. I was like under under a spell each time he started opening his mouth!!!!

19. Looking ahead to the finals, I think Chris, Tsoul, Jesse and Brennley should be there. Yes, Lauren has a lovely voice and she has a bright future in country music. But Brennley. Man. And Brennley wasn’t even that good tonight. Both Brennley and Aliyah need to know that you can’t pick songs so you can impress with a big, powerful finale in your upper register. If the song is too low in places, then you have a few choices: Change the melody slightly to suit your voice, change the key, sing softly a cappella or with stripped down accompaniment in the lower parts, or sing a different song that is better suited to your voice and range. Lilli. Oh, man. Unforgettable? Not a good idea. Lilli has a good voice, but of all the female signers left, she has the least impressive voice. Unforgettable requires an amazing voice, a really beautiful voice, and unerring musicality. And Unforgettable doesn’t have great dynamics, or leave much room to put a personal stamp on it, so in this case, you’d have to create some illusions, again, with stripped down accompaniment, or going a cappella at the beginning. Song choice: Wrong. Orchestration: Wrong. Delivery: Wrong. Lauren was good and looked great, but that song was wrong, I think. The song had no dynamics and the beauty of her voice was obscured by the volume and mix of the band. Alicia is a lovely judge, but she tends to go wrong the closer it gets to the finals. Rapping is an impressive musical skill, but is it not singing. If there is a bottom three tomorrow, Vanessa will be there, thanks to that song choice. My bottom three would be Mark, Lilli and Hunter. I am so sick of Hunter’s falsetto. He sounds like a sick dog. And his trademark “heartfelt delivery” is sounding more and more affected with each passing week.

• Biobo says:

Agree on Hunter! LOL Don’t see the attraction at all!

• Ashley Acker says:

I agree with pretty much everything you say here. Chris has been and will continue to be the one I am rooting for, others did well tonight. Lilli really dropped the ball further. I have never been a huge fan of hers, but this performance really sealed the deal for me. She doesn’t really seem likes she cares one way or another….I honestly would have loved to see Chris sing that song, or TSoul, or pretty much anyone else not named Lilly or Mark.

20. sandra l hudgins says:

I think either Chris or Lauren will win. At least I hope so.

21. Gina Maclang says:

My top 4 same as yours, Chris, Lauren, and on 3 either hunter or brennley

22. Bonnie Boucher says:

Lauren WINNER

23. OrionOnion says:

Sad thing is the majority of voters seem to be country/christian fans. Not really about The Voice at all is it?

• Biobo says:

Disagree, Onion! Eclectic tastes appreciate just good music! Doesn’t matter what genre! But this IS all about the voice, not the genre, so don’t label it sad just because it’s not your preference… Open your mind! Heck, I love onions!

24. Brenda Carter says:

Lauren was flawless and I think her performance made Wynonna Judd proud.

• Smokey says:

Lauren , with Blake and the Country vote, can compete against anyone left in the top 8. Song choice will be the key,

25. Linda says:

Sorry ladies Blake is going to win The Voice again this season Lauren Duski has the talent Country music is looking for. Go Blake ,,god bless you as always

26. Julie davis says:

Aliyah is still my favorite very emotional performance i hope people will vote for her she is a very talented singer

27. Beergut 39 says:

Thought Chris Blue stunk,most of the song couldn’t even here him while the back up singers were very nice.

28. Lucy Sanders says:

Picked him from the start.

29. secutorum says:

Not a bad night overall, but there are some folks clearly ready to go.

Jesse – I enjoyed his performance, especially his nerves an awkwardness for the first half. He did a passable job and should be safe – B

Aliyah – The wife and I were commenting that she was rather monotone and emotionless during the majority of the song, and then wow… she held it back so long the emotion overwhelmed her – C+

Vanessa – Bad, just bad… uncomfortable the whole time. Was winded by the off-time rap, and singing just didn’t hit it. Bad song choice and bad performance – D

Mark – Just make it stop – F

Chris – Loved the theatrics and dancing, but the vocals were way off. High energy and fun, but needs to focus on the singing – C

Lilli – Want to like her, but the last two performances have been awful – D

Lauren – Was a bit flat, but even when flat, still better than most of her fellow contestants. – A-

Hunter – Easily the best of the night for the third week in a row. Unique voice who keeps to his strengths. Loved what he did with Higher Love. Only contestant who I’d buy their album so far – A

Tsoul – His best performance yet. Meaning he didn’t sound like a goat choking to death. Should have been gone weeks ago. Same boat as Mark. Goodbye please for the love of god. – D+

Brennley – Great performance again. She brings it every time.

Final Four – Hunter, Lauren, Brennley and probably Chris. Hunter’s the best talent still standing, but wouldn’t be surprised if Lauren or Brennley took it. Chris is still too raw and needs coaching.

30. Way to go aliyah. I’m a big girl age 50 and can cry at the drop of a hat to certain songs because I recently lost my daddy too. I couldn’t even imagine being such a sweet little girl in front of millions missing her daddy pull it off… great job baby girl….great job♡ You had me and half of America in tears. specially us daddy’s girls whom have lost their father ): Bless your heart baby girl and I’m sorry for your loss..

31. Go Lauren,for the win!!! She has the best voice,& the best stage presence ( in my opinion) out of all the contestants. She deserves to win this!!!

32. Chris Blue without a doubt.
    Alllyah was a close second.

33. Eileen says:

Hunter was and is the best. I don’t understand all the hate for him on here. But then I never understood the hate for Adam Lambert. Now before you start getting upset, I am not comparing Hunter to Adam. Adam is in a class all by himself but Hunter is a terrific singer and performer. If you don’t like his emo style, that’s fine. I don’t like country but I still think Lauren and Hunter are awesome.

34. danin says:

I’m sorry but I changed the channel on Hunter, Chris Blue was awfully off key too often, I changed the channel on Aliyah midway through, TSoul while having an interesting voice needs voice lessons.I only managed to watch Jesse& Vanessa all thecway through. Too bad there was too much rapping in Vanessa’s song. I like the song very much but Alicia should have come upbw/something else. Fortunately, we know Vanessa can sing. Give her India Arie’s Ready For Love.

35. Shirley says:

Chris is fantastic. A true entertainer.

36. Jess says:

Wow on the Chris Blue performance! He was amazing on that stage – agree it wasn’t his best vocal – but this guy’s the real thing. As is Lauren. What a pretty voice – and I hate country music and the whole overly emotional vibe of it all. She is just a huge standout regardless! Please, please it’s time for Mark and Lilli both to move on. I’ve always like Adam but geez – I’m so annoyed that he is begging for votes for the lamest singers – if people listen – the real talent will be going home. Annoying Adam! Stop that. LOL.

37. Chris Blue wins “Voice”..

38. Marie Young says:

T-Soul and Chris Blue

39. Lizzie says:

I would have given Aliyah an A, the breakdown at the end didn’t alter how well she did in her performance last night. It was lovely

40. Lizzie says:

With two going home, it will be Lilli and Mark after last night. Small chance that one of those is replaced by Vanessa, which is sad, she is good.

41. Suzanne Savoie says:

J Chosen should be there!

42. Biobo says:

After you called me a fool, I read the rest of your posts… Must be that dark room you trolls sit in that makes your heart do dark… Constructive criticism? Nah! Don’t think so!

• Biobo says:

Sorry, moderator! Just responding to the troll… Please delete this one for me, like you did the troll’s!

43. sarahg says:

HUNTER!!!

44. Meme says:

Still thinking about Chris Blue’s performance on Monday…4 days later…can he do a concert soon, please?!

45. Debbie says:

Chris Blue is a great entertainer, can’t wait to see his next performance.

46. Nap says: