Exclusive
Agents of SHIELD Season 4 Finale Ghost Rider

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: [Spoiler] Set to Return in Season 4 Finale

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has some hot stuff on tap to close out its Framework/”Agents of Hydra” storyline.Agents of SHIELD Season 4 Finale Ghost Rider

TVLine has learned exclusively that in the ABC series’ Season 4 finale, airing Tuesday, May 16 and titled “World’s End,” Gabriel Luna will reprise his role as Robbie Reyes aka Ghost Rider.

In that closing hour, Coulson and the team — amid the surprising emergence of Ghost Rider — attempt to stop Aida from, you know, ending the world.

Having made his S.H.I.E.L.D. debut in the Season 4 premiere, Luna last appeared in the Ghost Rider arc’s early-December finale, when Robbie sacrificed himself in a quantum explosion, taking his evil uncle with him.

Other guest stars lined up for the Season 4 finale include Natalia Cordova-Buckley and Adrian Pasdar (returning as Elena/“Yo-Yo” and General Talbot), plus Joel Stoffer (Charmed) as “silhouetted man.”

Want more scoop on S.H.I.E.L.D., or for any other show? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. They should really not bring up that awful storyline again — Like, forget it happened

2. Callie says:

Hate that whole ghost storyline but LOVED Robbie.

Can’t wait to see him again in the finale. But sure hope that it isn’t gonna be some lame excuse to bring Ward back for real by accidentally bringing OOPS both Ward and Robbie back.

3. Tribal Mischief says:

This really has been the best full season of the show yet. I’m a little heartbroken it is so likely to be cancelled.

• john drei says:

I doubt the series will get cancelled yet. The ratings have been climbing/increasing this whole 2nd half of the season. It’s having the best ratings it’s had since the show started. There will be a season 5.

• david says:

Also needs at least a half a season to hit the 100 episode threshold, and there is to much money in syndication for them to not at least green lite a half a season especially with a hot property like marvel

• Jimmy says:

Agreed, but the latter half of the season was much stronger. The Ghost Rider plot dragged on a little too long.

4. kate says:

Um, well, unless you heard the actor is returning there is a very good chance they meant Hellfire instead and since facing down the remains of the Watchdogs might be the last bit to deal with in this season, he as the Benedict Arnold of the Inhumans (who wields many of the same weapons as Ghost Rider and who was in Shield custody which may be a bit LMD compromised since the Fitz LMD was back up and running and might just be trapped there). Plus, as Hellfire just pops up now and again, its probably easier to reach him than an actor who could have gotten work elsewhere.

• Big Mike says:

5. Big Mike says:

Deus ex machina

6. Adam says:

I was hoping it would be Bobbi or Lance. I’m still mad that they were written out for a spin-off only for ABC to not pick up the show. ABC should have fully committed if the characters were to be written out like that.

• Katherine215 says:

Ugh, me too! I really, really want them back. I can’t believe they haven’t been in the Framework yet. And I really hated the Ghost Rider story so this is a double bummer for me.

7. Jon Beatty says:

Ghost Rider is back? Then so am I.

8. Dominique says:

excited! i really loved robbie reyes. it was a shame that his arc was more aout daisy and the dark hold, but he was an interesting character and i’m glad we haven’t seen the last of him.

• Debbie says:

Most of the stories are always about Daisy. I liked Robbie well enough but there are other charaCaters I would rather see return – Lincoln, Mace, Bobbi and Hunter and particularly Deathlok. I hope Looking Glass gives us a way to get Ward, Tripp, Mace, Hope and even Radcliffe back. I have s feeling that Ward may have our Ward’s mentality in this world though. Aida oor whatever her name is now is a great villain and I hope we don’t lose her. I think Zach mcgowan is great and I’m sorry to lose him in this and the 100

9. Dan the critic says:

The Ghost Rider story line was bad. The other 2 story lines saved the season.

10. Jason says:

That’s cool. But I was really hoping you were going to say Bobbi was back.

11. We want a Season 5! Get on with it ABC/Disney! Season 5!

12. just a guess says:

I fully expect the season to end with Ward and Trigg transitioning “through the looking glass” to the real world and rejoining the cast as fully fledged Agents of Shield again. I kind of expect Mac’s body will die in some fashion and his consciousness will remain in the framework with his lost daughter. Just guesses…

13. T.W.S.S. says:

Well, that was disappointing. I like Luna’s Reyes, but I was expecting a season-two throwback or something, someone we haven’t seen in a while.

14. Doc says:

Yea kind figga that Ghost Rider wudd reappear..since the devil pretty much knows no boundrys even a False Computer darkholde world is no prob for old flameface to enter..still needs HEROES on shield..and by heros i dont mean MOCKINBIRD REAPPEARANCE..OR CYBORGS..OR heros who dont have own comics or arent on a team..ps..Daisy makes me Quake
    .bad woman rite there

15. Jimmy says:

They need to make Natalia Cordova-Buckley a series regular if there’s a season 5. I enjoy her character every time she’s on screen.

16. Rick Katze says:

Usually your scoops are accurate. Not sure exactly where but I read that he was coming back for the last show of the season around the time his story line ended. And, unlike some of the people commenting, I liked the character.

17. Joey Padron says:

Great news Robbie is coming back for the season finale! Glad Elena and Talbot will be in the season finale too. Hope ABC will renew the show for another season this month!

18. Angry says:

Hey asshole, maybe keep the spoiler out of the headline next time? You got me on my news feed.

19. Aeol says:

I was actually expecting to see him in the framework before they revealed Trip, so I’m happy about this. The Ghost Rider arc pulled me back to AoS after I drifted away last season, and I like Robbie Reyes.

20. Mike says:

What about Ward for Season 5 Tho?

21. Goldenvibefan says:

Still waiting for Bobbi and Hunter to come back.. C’mon..

22. abz says:

I’m surprised by some of the reactions here. I didn’t think the Ghost Rider storyline was that bad. I actually really enjoyed it and loved the CGI effect on him. Plus the actor was good too. It was definitely a better arc than anything in season 3. I already forgot a lot of what happened in season 3 and started to get really bored with the show with the endless Ward drama. Ghost Rider brought me back into the show. I was bummed when they ended his arc.

23. grys03 says:

The early part of season 4 was only so-so for me. But must admit that the back half, especially the Framework episodes have been wonderful. Actually been sitting on the edge of my chair for every reveal.

Certainly hoping & expecting a season 5 – just not sure where it will go story wise.

24. Gord says:

SHEILD
    Ghost Rider character would be a WELCOM return
    Ward can return IF his character returns to as a nice guy

25. A says:

If it was Tripp, Mockingbird, or Hunter that was coming back I would have started watching again.

26. ALBERTO MORALES says:

Where are all the metas? We have more humans than them on the show. The only one left is Daisy. Come on!!! And this whole dual world is becoming boring. I am so glad that at least some will reprise their roles. The Ghostrider and others are needed. Destroy Hydra and destroy that stupid robot already…..

27. Alexandrewvice says:

I don’t know what the hell are you tripping guys, Ghost Rider arc was so good.

28. Cynthia says:

I’m still waiting for Hunter and Bobbi!!!
    Happy about Ghost Rider though 😁

29. Breed7 says:

Just bring back Lance Hunter. Forget this whole Ghostrider thing. I want to see Nick Blood’s beautiful face on my TV again.

30. ian Hirst says:

Didn’t mind Ghost rider storyline but the LMD plot is so much better and something that can last. Here’s to Season 5 I hope.

31. Hipper says:

What happened to the gay inhuman they had on for a few episodes? I thought the show was grooming him to be a Ward substitute on the team.

32. Austin Siegel says:

I think they should bring back ward as a good guy from the framework because him and daisy are meant to be together and they could be a real power couple