Exclusive

Kevin Can Wait Cast, Leah Remini Rave About Stinging King of Queens Reunion

Just two weeks shy of the 10th anniversary of The King of Queens series finale, Kevin James and Leah Remini will once again play marrieds on CBS’ Kevin Can Wait.

In the two-part season ender, aptly titled “Sting of Queens,” former police officer Kevin Gable reluctantly agrees to come out of retirement to reprise an undercover assignment with fellow cop — and longtime rival — Vanessa Cellucci (Remini). Worse, they are forced to pose as husband and wife.

“We were always planning on doing something together,” James says in TVLine’s exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Remini’s arrival. “I miss working with her.” Not adorable enough? Stick around to see James’ mini-happy dance when he recounts the moment she agreed to appear on the show.

The Kevin Can Wait finale kicks off on Monday, May 1 at 8/7c; Part 2 airs the following Monday, May 8. Press PLAY on the video above for a glimpse at James and Remini’s on-screen reunion, then chime in below and tell us if you’ll be watching.

1. Kim says:

Looking forward to this! I’m a huge King of Queens fan. I can’t believe it’ll be 10 years since it ended. I remember watching it when it aired.

2. Deborah says:

So excited about this reunion! Huge fan of the King of Queens, Kevin James and Leah Remini have a chemistry that cannot be replicated!

3. Stacy says:

They always had great chemistry. I’ll have to check out this episode.

4. Lydia says:

I might watch it but in no way am I going to believe Kevin missed Leah. He could’ve cast her in any of this later works and on her reality show she made a quip about how thyeh adn’t talked since the KOQ and he wasn’t casting her in anything.

5. Lydia says:

I might watch it but in no way am I going to believe Kevin missed Leah. He could’ve cast her in any of this later works and on her reality show she made a quip about how they hadn’t talked since the KOQ and he wasn’t casting her in anything.

6. Yvonne Wayne says:

Can’t wait to see it i love them together!i miss “king of queens “so much!I just wish they would show it MORE!IM SOO SICK OF 2 BROKE GIRLS!KING OF QUEENS WERE THE BEST!💋💜💋

7. Sasha says:

I’d like to see CBS reviving King of Queens for a limited series. So many shows are coming back, why not that one?

8. Elizabeth says:

Looking forward to seeing them together again. King Of Queens was one of the best sitcoms ever. It needs to come back. Doug and Carrie with kids. I start laughing just thinking about them as parents. Would be funny, funny!!

9. Diane Espinoza says:

I’m excited to watch them together again i love them on king of queens i seen a clip of keven can’t wait and u can see they still have that chemistry

10. scott ire says:

has anyone ever even watched either if his or their horrible shows? Probably the same idiots that watched how i met your mother or whatever that horrible excuse for tv program it was. I truly believe Hollywood must be full of idiots to come up with this crap i could write a better ow in a day

11. Serena says:

I will watch to night, if I get home in time. I loved the King of Queens. Maybe they should cast Leah as the wife’s; for a couple of episodes.

12. Elaine says:

KoQ was one of the best written & acted shows ever!! Remini needs to be phased into the storyline and the present family phased out. How? I have no idea! But, the current couple just doesn’t work

13. Earlene Langston says:

Please keep Leah we love her!! We want them back together!!

14. Rosemary says:

Love them together.

15. Belinda Parker says:

I am so freaking excited they’re back together I hope it stays on the air because I will be watching every week so excited

16. John says:

I plan to watch it …the show is great and a nice change from the crime and murder stuff that seems to be flooding tv

17. John says:

Great show and the reunion will make it even better even if its short lived

18. Jamie says:

Want a new season of Kung and queens ,please. Doug and Carrie!!!!!!!!!*Xoxoxoxo, can we have them back, watching king of queens reruns now so does my entire family, from all over state,,