Emmys
Daytime Emmy Awards Winners

Daytime Emmy Winners: Y&R and Days Lead Soap Pack, GH Named Best Drama

The 44th annual Daytime Emmy Awards were handed out on Sunday evening at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium, and NBC’s Days of Our Lives and CBS’ The Young and the Restless led the soap opera pack with six total wins each, including trophies picked up at the Creative Arts ceremony.

ABC’s General Hospital — this year’s Best Drama winner — and CBS’ The Bold and the Beautiful followed with five total wins apiece.

Y&R had entered this year’s Daytime Emmys with the most nominations of any soap (25). GH and B&B each started out with 23 nods, while Days had 22.

TVLine has denoted Sunday’s winners in major daytime drama, talk and other categories below:

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES
The Bold and the Beautiful
Days of Our Lives
General Hospital
WINNER
The Young and the Restless

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis, General Hospital)
Gina Tognoni (Phyllis, The Young and the Restless) — WINNER
Heather Tom (Katie, The Bold and the Beautiful)
Jess Walton (Jill, The Young and the Restless)
Laura Wright (Carly, General Hospital)

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Peter Bergman (Jack, The Young and the Restless)
Scott Clifton (Liam, The Bold and the Beautiful) — WINNER
Billy Flynn (Chad, Days of Our Lives)
Vincent Irizarry (Deimos, Days of Our Lives)
Kristoff St. John (Neil, The Young and the Restless)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Stacy Haiduk (Patty, The Young and the Restless)
Finola Hughes (Anna, General Hospital)
Anna Maria Horsford (Vivian, The Bold and the Beautiful)
Kate Mansi (Abigail, Days of Our Lives) — WINNER
Kelly Sullivan (Sage, The Young and the Restless)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
John Aniston (Victor, Days of Our Lives)
Steve Burton (Dylan, The Young and the Restless) — WINNER
Chad Duell (Michael, General Hospital)
Jeffrey Vincent Parise (Carlos/Joe, General Hospital)
James Reynolds (Abe, Days of Our Lives)

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Lexi Ainsworth (Kristina, General Hospital) — WINNER
Reign Edwards (Nicole, The Bold and the Beautiful)
Hunter King (Summer, The Young and the Restless)
Chloe Lanier (Nelle, General Hospital)
Alyvia Alyn Lind (Faith, The Young and the Restless)

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Bryan Craig (Morgan, General Hospital) — WINNER
Pierson Fodé (Thomas, The Bold and the Beautiful)
James Lastovic (Joey, Days of Our Lives)
Tequan Richmond (TJ, General Hospital)
Anthony Turpel (R.J., The Bold and the Beautiful)

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES WRITING TEAM

The View
The Ellen DeGeneres Show
— WINNER
Maury
Live With Kelly
The Talk

Other winners announced on Sunday…

Outstanding Guest Performer in a Drama Series
Jim O’Heir, The Bold and the Beautiful

Outstanding Culinary Program
Eat the World With Emeril Lagasse

1. Mel says:

LOL. Steve Burton wins an award? Talk about a low bar. This is why no one takes the daytime Emmys seriously.

• Sheila says:

He’s smiling in the photo! I’ve never seen him smile!

• Elaine says:

And just what is wrong with Steve Burton. He’s an excellent actor and he’s been on two award winning daytime shows. He has a great fan base. If you can’t say something nice, maybe you should not say anything at all.

• DEB says:

Of course he won! You want serious , you got it, you want emotion, you got it! He’s great!
      Sorry your pick didn’t win.

2. David Bloom says:

I hope Craig Ferguson and Celebrity Name Game both win. It was a great show that didn’t deserve to be canceled.

3. CourtTV says:

I love GH but Kristina is one of the most boring characters, whiny and obnoxious.

4. Kevin Tran says:

Glad to see TPIR lose to Jeopardy for Outstanding Game Show. There’s a reason why Drew Carey is by far the worst game show host ever.

5. jeri dickinson says:

seriously Victor dool did not win who decides this stuff anyway

6. Patricia jablonski says:

On other shows its the same thing all the time I’m sorry I have been watching the young and restless since I have been 16 years now I’m 74 and still watching. Also Steve Harvey is another great show. I’m not crazy for jeopardy .

7. Steve Burton is such an unbelievably BAD actor. The Emmys have become a complete joke.

8. Amber says:

I just want to watch this to see Tamar Braxton make a scene if The Real wins.

9. mia says:

these are such a joke now….really…steve burton….i miss the good old days of soaps

10. ninergrl6 says:

I wish this was on tv. I would’ve watched.
    If GH is the best daytime drama, I shudder to think how bad the others are. (25+ yr viewer, mob/Sonny hater for 20+ yrs)

• Elaine says:

• Elaine says:

Chuck Pratt and Jill Farren Phillips cost Y&R this award. The storylines were unbelievable and the personalities of the characters were all changed. Thank goodness they are gone

11. Katrinka says:

Steve Burton won? Seriously? Did the ghosts of Hedda Hopper & Joan Crawford fix this? (I’m really missing “Feud” already, FYI.)

12. Jamie says:

Billy Flynn was robbed plain and simple. To Scott Clifton of all people… It really is about ‘who you know’

13. Lena says:

None of the acting winners with the exception of Gina are good actors

14. Donna Salvi says:

So glad to see Steve Burton as a winner. He was great as Jason on GH and loved him as Dylan on Y&R. Laura Wright got robbed!!!

15. plato login says:

You Variety people must be total morons! For every category where “Days of Our Lives” was nominated or won, you listed the show as being on CBS! Days of Our Lives is and has been on NBC for over 50 years. And you’re supposed to be the leading entertainment publication? Not likely.

16. Mary says:

Yea for General Hospital. I was hoping for Nancy or Laura, but after watching the reels Gina was great also, even though I don’t watch Y&R. Tough category. I watched it on facebook live, but I will say wish it was on TV so Mary Hart would have been cut short. Gee, her rambling went on forever, I wanted someone to take a hook to her. Oh well – congrats to all the winners.

17. Jenna says:

Bryan Craig’s acting was pretty bad too.

18. Lisa Echerd says:

Congratulations to Lexi Ainsworth. I hate to say it but I wish GH had not won. It makes them feel that their choppy, redundant writing is good.

19. Tanya says:

Can you please tell me how I might view the whole 2017 primetime emmy awards ceremony that aired on some facebook channel I know nothing about on April 30th. I look foward to watching the primetime awards annually & I cannot find them anywhere this year. Please let me know how I can view them. Thanks. View them not read about them.

20. Dixie Howell says:

I wanted anybody other than Nancy Lee Graun!!!! Her posts on Twitter are beyond VICIOUS. I have to walk away when she has a scene.