Into the Badlands Season 3 Renewed AMC

Into the Badlands Renewed for Supersized Season 3 at AMC

AMC is heading back Into the Badlands… and it’s staying there a bit longer this time.

The martial-arts drama has been renewed for a third season, the network announced on Tuesday, with Season 3 expanding to a total of 16 episodes. Set in a post-apocalyptic world where fighters battle with fists and swords instead of guns, Badlands is currently airing its 10-episode Season 2 on Sunday nights.

AMC touts Badlands as the season’s fourth highest-rated scripted drama on cable, pulling in 3.6 million viewers a week in Live+3 viewing. Now it should be noted: Badlands gets a major ratings boost from AMC’s monster hit The Walking Dead when it airs on the same night; its Season 2 audience has been slashed in half since TWD wrapped up its season. But the numbers still look good enough to AMC to justify a renewal.

Into the Badlands looks like nothing else on television, a literal high-wire act attracting passionate and dedicated fans by the millions,” AMC president Charlie Collier said in a statement. “Thanks to series creators and showrunners Al Gough and Miles Millar, the terrific cast, led by Daniel Wu, the amazing martial arts team guided by the incomparable Master Dee Dee and fight directors Stephen Fung and Andy Cheng, and everyone else involved who brings this thrill ride to the fans.”

1. Wordsmith says:

So season 1 was 6 episodes, season 2 is 10, season 3 will be 16; following that pattern, does that mean that season four will be 24?

2. Tribal Mischief says:

This really is the most unique thing on television. The fantasy element is almost entirely unique although most of the actors are stunt-folk there isn’t a loss of quality. The cinematography is literally over the top gorgeous and the stunts are just plain better than anything you will find short of a $150 Million Dollar Movie (and still probably better).

3. Nice, wonder if they will split it into 8 episodes with a break like TWD and FTWD, if they chose the same time slot for the three, they could program that night all year round with a break for the holidays. Especially when they announce ‘Into The Talklands’ so that all three have a talk show afterwards lol

4. Couch Mom says:

AWESOME! Such a great show. As someone else said, right up there with The Expanse. My favorite three action/syfy shows – The Expanse, Into the Badlands, 12 Monkeys (sniff, sniff).

5. Ray Watts says:

I’m so happy for them and for us as fans to. This show is Amazing. Congratulations! To them and us.

6. TVg says:

best show on TV

7. Joey Padron says:

Great news! Season 2 been really good so far. Glad season 3 will get more episodes.

8. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

YAY! I like the show a lot because of the action, and the actress who plays The Widow IS a badass she’s my favorite character on the show.

9. Valecia says:

AMC Into the Badlands is the BEST show on TV

10. Valecia says:

Sundance network Happy & Leonard is the 2nd Best TV show. I’m sorry MeMaw was written off the show. She was an Icon of the community.

• Cynthia Johnson says:

AMC and Into the Badlands, you are the BEST thrill on Blueberry Hill. Daniel Wu and Stephen Fung are my Hero’s of martial arts. The best Action I’ve seen in a long time. Truly enjoyed Man with the Iron Fist/Daniel Wu character.

11. Ray Watts says:

I’m so happy for them. This show is so Incredible. I have been enjoying season 2 so far. Thank U AMC!

12. modish says:

best of 2017

13. handsome says:

Wow, way more of Sunny & The Widow!!! Luvit!!!

14. samuel says:

the expenses is high please u guys should reduce it please

15. Hafeez says:

Keep the show going we need something different than the zombies we need 7 seasons and more

16. J says:

AMC always starts off 1st seasons with 6, then 10, then 16 if they’re pulling in viewers. And yes, they will split it up with 8 and 8. I’m excited, I love this show, The Widow in particular!!!!

17. Michael Weisser says:

Into the Badlands is taking a different turn than I thought, but if they kill off Tilda (Alley Ioannides) and/or The Widow (Emily Beecham) Manerva, I will be done with making sure I watch the show because they were the main reason I really got in to it to begin with.