TVLine Items: Riverdale's 'Varchie' Duet, Idiotsitter Update and More

The kids in Riverdale are singing “Kids in America.”

During next Thursday’s episode (The CW, 9/8c), Archie and Veronica duet on the new-wave hit at the Homecoming dance, and Betty looks none too pleased about the flirty chemistry between the duo in this sneak peek. (Someone else even storms off during the number.)

Press PLAY on the video above to watch the performance, then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* USA Network’s Shooter has cast Jerry Ferrara (Entourage), Jesse Bradford (Guys With Kids, Outlaw) and Todd Lowe (True Blood, Gilmore Girls) in recurring roles for Season 2 (premiering Tuesday, July 18), our sister site Deadline reports. Ferrara and Lowe will play former marines, while Bradford is a D.C. staffer and love interest for Cynthia Addai-Robinson’s Nadine.

* TVLine has confirmed that Season 2 of Comedy Central’s Idiotsitters will air as a two-part marathon, on Saturday, June 10 and Saturday, June 17, starting at 8/7c on both nights.

* TNT will air American Race, in which Charles Barkley journeys across the country to explore the issue of race, over Thursday, May 11, and Friday, May 12, starting at 9 pm each night.

* Logo will preview its new docuseries Fire Island, executive-produced by Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos, tonight at 9/8c.

1. Rachel says:

Betty I will rip your face off if u break jughead’s heart.

2. Wordsmith says:

I am #TeamBetty, through and through, but unless there’s some sort of added context for her displeased reaction to this pairing, I don’t feel like I can stand behind her this time.

3. Crenshaw says:

Thanks for confirming Idiotsitter’s premiere date – and unique airing schedule – any idea as to why it changed to what pretty much amounts to dumping them so drastically so quickly. I recall it was supposed to air just after Review ended it that timeslot.

• Anne says:

I hope it doesn’t signal bad things for the show. It easily became one of my favourite shows last year. I nearly peed laughing during the funeral episode

4. Wordsmith says:

On a separate note, I feel like Riverdale’s biggest issue is an affliction I’ll just call Glee-itis, i.e. the character relationships tend to veer wildly from week to week, with little to no consistency. then again, maybe that’s just high school.

• Wordsmith says:

Another small quibble: whatever Archie is doing with that guitar doesn’t seem to have any correlation to the music coming out of the speakers.

5. Veronica and Archie look so good together it’s ridiculous.

Poor Jughead.

6. Joey Padron says:

Good actors that will be joining in season 2 of Shooter. Can’t wait to watch the new season!

7. datdudemurphy says:

YES! #TeamBetty!

Betty and Jughead just seemed weird. Betty and Archie is endgame. They said it at the very beginning.

• Taj says:

I so hope you are right. That’s what I’m rooting for long term.

• jericho says:

It may have seemed weird on the surface, but it has grown on me. The Jughead actor is likeable and more intelligent than the character deserves. He’s more of a fit with a more intellectual Betty than the dumbed down “ahh shucks” musically inclined version of Archie we got.

Either way, its too soon in the shows eventual multiple season stint to be pulling the jealous Betty card. #TeamJughead

• John036 says:

lol they never said betty and archie are from the beginning (and if they did they need to show better hints)

8. James p says:

R.I.P. idiotsitter? Don’t quite understand. So how many episodes are there going to be of Idiotsitter season 2? I love this show so much. Why is Comedy Central doing this?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

7 episodes total (4, and then 3). Date changed to sync up with Jillian Bell’s movie “Rough Night” (in theaters June 16).

9. Not sure if there is something else going on that Betty’s reacting to. But she got with Archie’s best friend. So Archie and Veronica is pretty much par for the course at this point. If she is pissed off because they seem close, then Betty honey, gotta call you out on your BS