Freeform Trailers 2017

Freeform Releases First Trailers for Magazine Drama The Bold Type, Mermaid Thriller Siren — Watch

Freeform’s new leading ladies range from city girls to sea dwellers — and everything in between.

Ahead of Wednesday’s upfront presentation, the network released a slew of trailers for its impending slate of programming, including The Bold Type, based on the life of former Cosmopolitan editor Joanna Coles, and Siren, a literal fish-out-of-water story.

The Bold Type stars Katie Stevens (Faking It), Aisha Dee (Chasing Life) and Meghann Fahy (One Life to Live) as a trio of New York City women working their way up the ladder at fashion magazine Scarlet. Per the network, the ladies will lean on one another “as they find their own voices in a sea of intimidating leaders. Together, they explore sexuality identity, love — and fashion!”

Premiering Tuesday, July 11 at 9/8c, The Bold Type also stars Sam Page (Mad Men), Matt Ward (Remedy) and Melora Hardin (Transparent). Watch the trailer below:

And then there’s Siren — formerly referred to as The Deep — which drops viewers in Bristol Cove, a sleepy coastal town rocked by the arrival of a mysterious woman named Ryn (played by Game of Thrones‘ Eline Powell), who happens to be… wait for it… a mermaid! Alex Roe (The 5th Wave) also stars as Ben, a marine biologist who finds himself drawn to Ryn for reasons which will unfold over time.

Siren is currently set to premiere in Summer 2018. Watch the trailer below:

Do either of these new shows look like they’d be at home on your DVR? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Steve C. says:

I’m fan of Katie Stevens from Faking It. I give this show a chance in July. I’m surprised the pilot for that mermaid show Sirens was filmed already. I don’t remember hearing casting news about it. Summer 2018, why show the trailer now?

2. ninergrl6 says:

You mean Katie Stevens from American Idol ;) #neverforget

3. Ray says:

I’m surprised that The Bold Type actually made me smirk and caught my interest. I don’t typically go for ABC Family–excuse me–Freeform-type fare.

4. fernando933 says:

Excited for The Bold Type it’s abc family/WB vibes. Girly, fun, teenish.

5. Melodie says:

I am boycotting Freeform until they bring back Switched at Birth. Tired of their shows not getting the ending they deserve. Nothing I watched on that channel ever had a proper ending: Secret Life – even though the creator had enough time, Make It or Break It, Ravenswood, Bunheads, the Lying Game – that one still stings, and now Switched. Aside from the fact that it beautifully handled groundbreaking storylines and should not have ended yet, the way it ended was a slap in the face for loyal viewers. Bay and Emmett were at the very foundation of the show, not showing them end up together was unacceptable. There desperately needs to be a revival of some sort to right this wrong. I will be waiting.

• Jess says:

switched at birth had plenty of notice to come up with a proper ending. if you werent happy with it you should blame the writers.

• Melodie says:

Actually, they only found out half way through filming the last season, so they only had a handful of episodes left. By then they had already gotten themselves entangled in supporting characters’ storylines. But you are right, I do blame the writers as well :)

6. tw says:

That’s one ugly sweatshirt she’s wearing on Siren.

7. Scott says:

I’ve been a big fan of Meghann Fahy since One Life to Live

8. datdudemurphy says:

Siren has a kind of creepy vibe to it….I’ll check it out, as long as it keeps that kind of tone.

9. Miranda says:

Mermaids and sirens are not the same thing…

10. Joey Padron says:

The Bold Type looks pretty good. Siren looks good and creepy.

11. Television says:

omg Siren looks awful. Have they learned nothing from the boring siren/mermaid types in other shows? And why do all the sirens/mermaids on tv have to look exactly alike?