ABC Summer Schedule 2017 Still Star-Crossed

ABC Summer Schedule: Shondaland's Still Star-Crossed, Gong Show Reboot, The Bachelorette's Return and More

This just in: ABC is not biting its thumb at Still Star-Crossed — the Romeo & Juliet continuation finally has a premiere date at the network.

The long-in-the-works, Shondaland-produced drama will debut on Monday, May 29 at 10/9c, ABC announced Thursday as it made public its summer programming slate.

Reality franchises The Bachelorette and Bachelor in Paradise will be back during the warmer months, as will game shows Celebrity Family Feud and $100,000 Pyramid. In addition to the Still Star-Crossed premiere, the Alphabet Network is using the summer to roll out new fare such as its Dirty Dancing remake, the Will Arnett-hosted Gong Show rebootthe dusted-off Battle of the Network Stars, the reality singing competition Boy Band and the thriller drama Somewhere Between.

Scroll down to see the summer schedule in full, then hit the comments with your thoughts on what you’re looking forward to watching.

WEDNESDAY, MAY 17
9:30 Downward Dog (sneak preview)

SUNDAY, MAY 21
8 pm Billboard Music Awards

MONDAY, MAY 22
9 pm The Bachelorette (Season 13 premiere)

TUESDAY, MAY 23
8 pm Downward Dog (time-slot premiere)

WEDNESDAY, MAY 24
8 pm Dirty Dancing

MONDAY, MAY 29
10 pm Still Star-Crossed (series premiere)

SUNDAY, JUNE 11
8 pm Celebrity Family Feud (Season 3 premiere)
9 pm Steve Harvey’s FUNDERDOME (series premiere)
10 pm $100,000 Pyramid (Season 2 premiere)

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 14
10 pm To Tell the Truth

THURSDAY, JUNE 22
8 pm Boy Band (two-hour series premiere)
10 pm The Gong Show (series premiere)

THURSDAY, JUNE 29
9 pm Battle of the Network Stars (series premiere)

WEDNESDAY, JULY 12
8 pm The 2017 ESPYS

MONDAY, JULY 24
10 pm Somewhere Between (series premiere)

MONDAY, JULY 31
8 pm The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All

TUESDAY, AUGUST 1
8 pm CMA Fest 2017

TUESDAY, AUGUST 8
8 pm  Bachelor in Paradise (Season 4 premiere)

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 9
9 pm The Story of Diana: Part One

THURSDAY, AUGUST 10
9 pm The Story of Diana: Part Two

MONDAY, AUGUST 14
8 pm Bachelor in Paradise (time-slot premiere)

1. Jennifer says:

WEDNESDAY, MAY 24
    8 pm Dirty Dancing
    Please, please. tell me where to write to get this NOT to air. The pictures are HORRIBLE! Everyone needs to boycott this. Tell me where to send letters, e-mails, phone calls. It can’t air. Please!!!!

• kate says:

As I couldn’t make it through the Beaches remake, I probably won’t even consider this one. I enjoyed the original, but not as much as I liked Beaches.

• CurlyGurly says:

Ummmm…how about you just don’t watch it….

• Jennifer says:

Trust me. I won’t be. But this issue is that it should NEVER have been remade and it looks to be a travesty / train wreck and an insult to those who worked on it who have passed.

• Haz says:

I’ll be honest usually I would say “not watch it” but Jennifer has a point it looks awful and ABC has embarrassed itself enough this season. The network can’t sink any lower and honestly I’m suprised the fact it filmed in North Carolina hasn’t came back to haunt it.

• Wrstlgirl says:

I have no intention of watching it and I doubt that many people will but I think protesting it is kinda ridiculous. Seems a bit extreme. But that’s just me.

• Jennifer says:

thank you.
          But wait, the remake was filmed in NC? I live here and heard NOTHING about it. they usually publicize stuff like this around here (especially amongst the theatre people). Maybe they knew then it was bad?

• Jo Garret says:

Why do you care so much? Don’t watch it. An insult to the people who were in the original? Do you know how many movies and tv shows have been remade? Baby Jane, The Bad Seed, Annie……..get a grip.

• Jennifer says:

Get a grip? I have one. I have complained about every remake, retelling, all of it. My initial argument was that there is NO NEW TALENT in Hollywood (or Broadway for the most part – some exceptions of course in both),
        Why remake classics? They almost always fail and pale in comparison to the original. Why was Dirty Dancing remade? There was a remake, and a TV series AND a “sequel” (anyone remember Havana Nights. Anyone? Bueller?)

• E. D. Boddy says:

“Um, he’s sick. My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.”

2. Nan says:

You forgot to add Big Brother to the list

3. kate says:

Gosh, while I will maybe give this Star Crossed thing a shot, I think the phenomenon of me not even passing by ABC in primetime in the summer will be continuing. I still have GMA on (though it is wearing on me the way the Today show did when I last made a switch, if CBS didn’t look so boring….) and its my preferred nightly news cast (but that may be because its the channel I turned the TV off on when I left for work in the morning).

4. Lauren says:

What can I do to get rid of the giant “Launch Gallery” link that takes up 1/3 of my screen? There is no X button and makes it impossible to read your articles.

5. Kevin Tran says:

Battle of the Network Stars is going to be awesome and entertaining.

• Wrstlgirl says:

Where can I get a list of who’s going to be on it, can’t seem to find one online or I’m just not looking in the right place :-)

6. Jerry says:

Does this mean Battlebots is cancelled?

7. Billy meacham says:

Just celebrity family feud and the $100,000 prymaid for me. Why can’t they have anything decent on any of the channels during the summer months??

• Bill says:

Bc a lot less people watch tv during the summer. It’s why when it gets warm out (late April and May) that ratings go down as well.

8. Big Cheddar says:

Good lord! How many shows does Steve Harvey host?!?

9. A. Johnson says:

Game shows should have been saved for fall Sundays. They pull in the same numbers as OUAT and cost a fraction of the price of producing new dramas. Just saying.

10. Pamela Baker says:

Not a thing here that I would waste my time on. ABC usually cancels anything I like.

11. Philip says:

So I take it that they will hold of on Taping more Match Game for the summer. Guess they will air the remaining November taped episodes on Sundays replacing Time After Time. (They taped 14 episodes before the election results).

Shame as I thought that they were going to keep last summer’s winning line up in tact this year. But I hope they will tape more some time later this year.

12. Jared says:

The Dirty Dancing remake looks horrible and Abigail Breslin seems so miscast. Not that it matters since I won’t be watching anyway.

13. Diane says:

Well will not be watching ABC thus summer! USA AND TNT have great summer shows!

14. Chuck says:

No Match Game over the summer? Does Steve Harvey really need ANOTHER show?!?

15. ninergrl6 says:

There’s a new reality show called Boy Band?! How did I not know about this???
    Very happy about & excited to FINALLY see Still Star-Crossed. (Nice “bite your thumb” reference Ms. Roots)

16. Eve says:

GIVE US BATTLEBOTS! Love me some robot fighting time

17. SamofSherwood says:

Curious to know what TV Line thought of Still Star Crossed? I love Shakespeare but Shonda Rhimes’ take on it, I’m not sold on the idea..? 🤔

18. skye says:

is battlebots cancelled ?

19. Sally McHugh says: