Katrina Law Arrow

TVLine Items: Arrow Plots Nyssa vs. Talia Battle, NCIS 'Spinoff' and More

Arrow is staging a sisterly showdown.

Katrina Law will return to the CW drama as Nyssa al Ghul for a multi-episode arc, culminating in an epic fight between the former League of Assassins leader and her half-sister Talia al Ghul (Lexa Doig) in the Season 5 finale, EW.com reports.

Also appearing during the season’s final episodes are Law’s fellow Spartacus alums Manu Bennett (as Slade Wilson) and Nick Tarabay (as Captain Boomerang), whose characters are both locked up in an A.R.G.U.S. supermax prison on Lian Yu.

Law — who last visited the superhero series during Laurel’s funeral in Season 4 — currently stars on CBS’ Training Day.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* 48 Hours: NCIS, a six-part series exploring some of the biggest cases handled by the real-life Naval Criminal Investigative Service, will debut on Tuesday, April 25 at 10/9c on CBS. NCIS star Rocky Carroll will narrate the program. (Episode 2 airs Friday, May 12, with the balance airing Tuesdays at 10 after NCIS: New Orleans wraps its season.)

* CBS will air The Late Late Show Carpool Karaoke Primetime Special 2017, which will also include a new “Toddlerography” skit, on Monday, May 22 at 10 pm.

* The Daily Show‘s Hasan Minhaj will host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner on Saturday, April 29, our sister site Deadline reports.

* Mario Lopez (Extra) and Sheryl Underwood (The Talk) will host the 44th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards, taking place Sunday, April 30. The ceremony does not yet have a broadcast network.

1. Joey Padron says:

Great news that Katrina is coming back to Arrow! I’ve missed seeing Nyssa on the show.

2. steven says:

I was hoping to see Nyssa again. She should’ve been the new Black Canary.

3. T.W.S.S. says:

I hope Arrow has enough time to give these returning characters great stories.

4. Wordsmith says:

It would’ve been conspicuous if they had written Talia into the show and NOT had her cross paths with her sister at some point. I’m interested to see how it goes. Talia is often portrayed as the most sympathetic of the family – is she beyond redemption?

5. Larc says:

48 Hours: NCIS sounds interesting, but Tuesday nights at 10 is NCIS: NO’s slot. Hope it won’t be ending its season that early.

6. Kevin Tran says:

Really excited for The Late Late Show Carpool Karaoke Primetime Special 2017 come May 22nd.

7. Dominique says:

awesome news, was waiting for this the moment talia arrived. can’t wait to see this showdown between the two sisters!

8. TV Gord says:

Aside from the instant-classic Adele Carpool Karaoke, my favorite one so far has been Iggy Azalea’s. Unfortunately, it will like never be included in a special, since a large part of the segment dealt with her impending nuptials, which, um, never happened. I wish they’d suck it up and include it in a special, anyway. I’m afraid it may someday disappear from YouTube, and I’d like to have it in my personal video collection!

9. peter says:

i hope nyssa doesn’t die because i like her but talia is suposed to be a better fighter but i hope is not a fight to the death

10. Stacey says:

I love Nyssa. Can she please have some scenes with Black Siren. KC and KL have mad chemistry!! I wish they went there a few seasons ago. Is Thea finally back, I really miss her! I hope they find a way to bring Roy back too!

11. Anita says:

About time Nyssa show up her and Oliver are still legally married

12. Jason says:

It’s about time Nyssa made her return. I hope she continues to call Ollie her husband. That always makes me laugh.

13. RomanticAtHeart says:

Yes!! I hope Nyssa doesn’t disappear after the finale. I have truly missed her character and would like to see her more often.