Lucifer Spring Premiere Promo Teases Heavenly Plan, Reunion With... Dad?!

Is Lucifer staging a father-son reunion?

In the first promo for the Fox drama’s spring premiere, the titular character calls out to “dad” after our first glimpse of guest star Timothy Omundson, who is seen approaching Lucifer’s mom. As previously announced, the Galavant alum has been cast as someone who just might be God, aka Lucifer and Amenadiel’s father. Also revealed in the 30-second tease: Lucifer is crafting a plan to return everyone to Heaven. Well, almost everyone. (Sorry, Mom!)

Per Fox, the first episode back picks up two weeks after Chloe’s near death. In that time, “Lucifer has gone off the grid, cutting off all contact from his family and the police department. He materializes just in time to help solve an up-and-coming guitarist’s murder and introduces the department to a ditzy stripper named Candy (The Carrie Diaries‘ Lindsey Gort), a mysterious new woman in his life. While Lucifer’s mom desperately tries to contact her son, Chloe tries to push him away,” forcing Lucifer to “find a way to prove himself in order to be invited back onto the team.”

Lucifer returns on Monday, May 1 at 9/8c with what are now the final five episodes of Season 2. As first reported in March, the supernatural drama will hold Episodes 19-22 of its second season order for fall, which are said to be more standalone in nature.

Press PLAY on the promo above, then tell us if you’ll be tuning in for Timothy Omundson’s Lucifer debut.

1. rocky says:

I did not know Timothy Omundson was gonna be in Lucifer. A show I had zero interest in has just become a must-watch.

2. Les says:

I am very excited to see what will go down. Can’t wait until May 1st.

3. Market girl says:

It really is one of the best shows on now.
    I have to admit I did not like the news that came out today and so hope they don’t change the show to much. But right now feeling a tad nervous.

4. Matthew Markovich says:

Gee dad, you look a lot like Jesus!

5. Pamela Wolfe says:

Love this show. Hope it goes on and on. Don’t cancel it Would leave a lot of people ( like me) disappointed.

6. Pamela Wolfe says:

Love this show. Please don’t cancel. Would disappoint lot of people(including me)!

7. Keep on air, one of best shows on there. Just keep it going on and on!!!!

8. jack says:

Man, way more excited to see the season 2 finale. Can’t bear a moth now

9. Lisa says:

Ugh, still a whole month until it comes back. Way to long of break. At least we know it has already be renewed for season 3. But it sucks we only get 5 more episodes and then we have to wait again until fall.

10. Holly says:

I really hope they continue with Lucifer and Chloe’s romance – waited for them to get together only to have them ripped apart!

11. Patricia L Johnson says:

Woo Hoo I can’t wait I love the show

12. Jane says:

Timothy Omundson played Cain on Supernatural, it would be cool if they had him playing the same part on Lucifer.

13. Pam R says:

Definitely a Huge fan of Lucifer. Timothy Omundson is definitely perfectly cast, as “dear ole dad’. Hoping he will be featured in more than one episode. I loved Timothy as Cain on Supernatural!

14. Annie Sisk says:

Hey TVLine peeps – I’ve read some disturbing reports (one of which was an earlier post from your sister site, Deadline) in the last 24 hours that Timothy Omundson had a stroke recently. I’d normally dismiss anything not sourced well but his Twitter account seems to support the notion that *something* has happened. I know a lot of us love this guy. Any chance you can find out if he’s OK and on the mend?