Kingdom Renewed Season 3

Kingdom Cancelled After 3 Seasons

Kingdom is punching out after Season 3.

The mixed martial arts drama — which stars Frank Grillo, Matt Lauria and Nick Jonas, among others — has been cancelled, TVLine has learned.

The announcement was made on Saturday by AT&T Audience Network and Endemol Shine Studios. The joint statement, released exclusively to EW.com, reads as follows:

“We are looking forward to the upcoming third and final season of Kingdom… We expect Season 3 to be a great one and appreciate the hard work and dedication from creator and showrunner Byron Balasco, as well as the entire cast and crew. We could not be more proud to have worked with all of them on such an amazing series.”

Kingdom‘s 10-episode final season is set to premiere on Wednesday, May 31 at 8/7c.

Are you sad to learn of Kingdom‘s cancellation?

1. Haz says:

So was it cancelled by the network or was it a decision by the creators to end it?

• Aaron says:

Me personally I think it had to be the network cuz looking at the story lines coming into the 3rd season they are just at the beginning of the characters stories like Jonathan tucker has a kid n tries to give for a real job like in my opinion ud think he would battle with this all season them eventually get back in the cage n kept that going another few seasons n thats just one character Ryan still has some story left with being the champion they could have shown the struggles of being a champion n fame that comes with then u got alvey n his ex story line on top of nick Jonas has a lot of story left being a gay MMA fighter so many walls to break down when it comes to that cuz we have never seen that so in my eyes had to be a network decision which makes no sense to me but I don’t run a television company so idk but to me this show is way to great to all sudden rush a half ass season to end the show stupid stupid stupid

2. Bri says:

This sucks! It was a great show with strong performances, especially Jonathan Tucker. Hopefully it goes out strong.

3. John says:

Sucks!!! This was one of my must watch tv programs. Good shows are hard to find :(

• SG says:

No they aren’t. This is the modern golden age of television. There are actually too many good shows, to the point that people have to choose since there aren’t enough hours in day to watch them all.

Kingdom is a great show and I look forward to the upcoming final season.

• Johnny says:

They are still hard to find to myself and John there. That’s his opinion… and mine. You can’t correct someone’s opinion on tv programs that one enjoys by making broad, definitive statements like they’re fact! I think there crap still FAR outnumbers what’s good. GTFO

4. Alec says:

This sucks! I love this show! I just hope they did an awesome and satisfying final season.

5. Mandy says:

Love this show! So sad to hear that it is ending

6. SJ says:

This really sucks. This is one of the best shows on television, period. I hope there’s a satisfying series finale.

7. tina says:

damn that sucks I freaking love this show. its one of the best on tv right now. and even bigger bummer is season 3 only has 10 episodes, was hoping for a longer season like season 2. =/

8. The Beach says:

I wondered about that with Rodriguez going on to APB. I really liked this show. Great acting, esp by Tucker who managed to steal any scene he was in. I’ll miss the Tucker, Lauria, Jonas and Grillo eye candy too, if I’m being honest.

9. Burro b says:

Such bs. One of the best original well acted shows on tv gets the boot. But stupid mindless unoriginal crap like 2 broke girls, moms, get away withbmurder , blind spot etc or the other nonsense boring dry shows get renewed. Executives don’t get it

• Ava From NJ says:

I agree dumb ass shows go on and on. This had such originality in it’s writing and on subject matter that’s never been seen before. It will be sadly missed I’m pissed!!! Another great show bites the dust. All the acting was award worthy!!

10. Mike Pittman says:

That’s disappointing, one of the best shows around, really natural drama, everything feels pretty genuine, Jonathan Tucker’s performance is criminally overlooked, really a powerhouse performance, steals every scene he’s in, and that’s saying something, because the performances are great all around. Hopefully it’s a satisfying conclusion, pity it’s such a short run.

11. Nik says:

Best show on the audience channel probably cancelled because direct TV couldn’t afford it.

12. Traci Ralston says:

The show was my favorite. I don’t watch much TV, but always made time to watch Kingdom! Jonathan Tucker was amazing in the role of Jay. Wow… So sad to see it go.

13. John Seger says:

What a shame. This is a fantastic show with great writing and an amazing cast. I feel it never was promoted properly and wasn’t available on enough platforms. The first season was available on iTunes and Google play but the second season wasn’t available to buy a season pass or single episode purchasing. That hurt it, in my opinion. In any case, I look forward to the final season. I love this show and it made me realize Nick Jonas is a really decent actor as well.

14. Brenda Lane says:

This makes me so sad.This is an amazing show.The storylines are great and the acting is superb.Is there any way that we can save this show?

15. Matthew says:

I can’t believe it another show cut short I love this show there is so much more story to be told yet

16. Edward Myers says:

They have done an amazing job with the show and characters. Sad to see it go. Was the only reason I got Directv. After the season I’ll cancel my service..

17. Martha says:

Definitely a power packed, emotionally driven drama series. Loved the complexity of so many personal struggles. Emotions, feelings, coping are real life issues. And the comical humor injected. Regardless of what lense one chooses to view things from, Kingdom hit on all cylinders.
    As for competing for airtime to be broadcasted, why aren’t folks acknowledging the ability to record episodes? Everyone has light to shine, keep it lit up!!

18. Germaine says:

So sad. Best tv series in a long time. I can’t believe it’s ending so soon!

19. Amy C says:

Love this show! I can’t believe it’s cancelled! I was hoping it would go on forever. This is right up there with breaking bad in my book! I’m so sad it’s going to be over!!!! Please don’t cancel!

20. Clay says:

Very upset….. Pretty much my all time favourite series! Way too early!

21. Rick says:

Why? This is one over my and my wife’s favorite shows and she hates MMA but loves the story line. Please someone pick this show up.

22. Rick says:

This is one of my favorite shows.

23. Jean E says:

Very upset to hear that kingdom is cancelled. I have been waiting for its return, just to find out it has been cancelled. Great show, great cast. Please reconsider.

24. Jean E says:

Very upset to hear about the cancellation. Been waiting for its return only to learn it had been cancelled. Great show, great cast. Please reconsider.

25. Francine Ramos says:

I’m so sad kingdom will be ending after season 3. One of the best shows out there. 😭

26. Joe says:

I’m absolutely outraged that audience has cancelled Kingdom after only 3 seasons… Honestly, it is an amazing show and you cannot tell a story in only 3 seasons… I think another network should pick it up and try to keep it running… I can guarantee that if it were on HBO, Showtime or even FX, it would have a much bigger fan base and definitely last at least 6 seasons… Audience, you are making a huge mistake by ending Kingdom!!!

27. FireQueen says:

WTFunk
    Seriously network your goin to wrap up major serious story lines in 10 episodes NO YOUR FLIPPING NOT!
    THIS show is ABSOLUTELY fabulous and deserves to have a proper closure!!! You did 20 episodes for season and you cannot come up with at least 15 to end probably one of the adult dramas I’ve seen since Sons of Anarchy!!! Get your head out of your beeeeeeep!,,, give us paying audience what WE want, not what corporate America wants!!!

28. Ivan Colon says:

Yesssss!!!! Love the Show

29. Joanoh says:

Sad it’s ending. One of a few really great shows on tv. If it is well received, why end it??