Kingdom Renewed Season 3

Kingdom Cancelled After 3 Seasons

Kingdom is punching out after Season 3.

The mixed martial arts drama — which stars Frank Grillo, Matt Lauria and Nick Jonas, among others — has been cancelled, TVLine has learned.

The announcement was made on Saturday by AT&T Audience Network and Endemol Shine Studios. The joint statement, released exclusively to EW.com, reads as follows:

“We are looking forward to the upcoming third and final season of Kingdom… We expect Season 3 to be a great one and appreciate the hard work and dedication from creator and showrunner Byron Balasco, as well as the entire cast and crew. We could not be more proud to have worked with all of them on such an amazing series.”

Kingdom‘s 10-episode final season is set to premiere on Wednesday, May 31 at 8/7c.

Are you sad to learn of Kingdom‘s cancellation?

1. Haz says:

So was it cancelled by the network or was it a decision by the creators to end it?

• Aaron says:

Me personally I think it had to be the network cuz looking at the story lines coming into the 3rd season they are just at the beginning of the characters stories like Jonathan tucker has a kid n tries to give for a real job like in my opinion ud think he would battle with this all season them eventually get back in the cage n kept that going another few seasons n thats just one character Ryan still has some story left with being the champion they could have shown the struggles of being a champion n fame that comes with then u got alvey n his ex story line on top of nick Jonas has a lot of story left being a gay MMA fighter so many walls to break down when it comes to that cuz we have never seen that so in my eyes had to be a network decision which makes no sense to me but I don’t run a television company so idk but to me this show is way to great to all sudden rush a half ass season to end the show stupid stupid stupid

• Candy Pfau says:

I agree. Tonights first episode sucked except for Jonas’s character Nate. And I just tweeted Direct TV and told them since they dropped Kingdom that I am switching to Dish Network as soon as these 10 episodes are done. Tonight, I’m like. Do we get even any backstory, flashbacks. Jay as a Daddy and husband. Ugh. Keith a sex offender. Give me a break. Crazy maybe but not a sex offender. They are just making the motions sleepwalking it. Hope it gets better.

• Chris says:

That would be a great idea except for one thing. DirectTV and Dish Network are owned by the same company.

• Joanne wheeler says:

That is a great idea, I will go to cable if it is cheaper, the only reason I got DirectTV was for Kingdom

• Bo says:

WHERE ARE THE PERIODS!!!!

• joanne wheeler says:

reallly.does. punctuation,bother u. so bad that you have to throw a tantrum and yell…..,,,,,,?????wwwaaaaaahhh

2. Bri says:

This sucks! It was a great show with strong performances, especially Jonathan Tucker. Hopefully it goes out strong.

• Joanne wheeler says:

Agree, Tucker’s performance has been amazing, he has completely won me over as an actor. In tonight’s episode (season3,ep8), when he gave Alvey back his pain medication, and said, “Sometimes I lie”, it brought tears to my eyes. Not only because of the scene, but because of how much I will miss Jay. I just do not think I have ever seen a character written or portrayed with so much depth and in so few words. Jmho

• Tracie Scott says:

Agreed , I absolutely love Jay! He’s amazing! In my opinion he makes the show, his interaction with every other character just brings out the best in them. They all were amazing. Please don’t cancel it! As if they will listen to me. Lol

3. John says:

Sucks!!! This was one of my must watch tv programs. Good shows are hard to find :(

• SG says:

No they aren’t. This is the modern golden age of television. There are actually too many good shows, to the point that people have to choose since there aren’t enough hours in day to watch them all.

Kingdom is a great show and I look forward to the upcoming final season.

• Johnny says:

They are still hard to find to myself and John there. That’s his opinion… and mine. You can’t correct someone’s opinion on tv programs that one enjoys by making broad, definitive statements like they’re fact! I think there crap still FAR outnumbers what’s good. GTFO

• Jessica says:

I agree! There are too many shows to watch. It’s no wonder so many shows don’t last long. I miss the days of series that only aired on network tv and only from Sept to May. Now it’s series on every channel out there and 24/7 365. I will miss this show. Great acting and eye candy. Hope they go out with a bang.

• Joanne wheeler says:

I also enjoy Preacher, but can you make a few suggestions for me? I don’t have time to watch any tv during the day and have no idea what is even on. I used to love the history channel, but I believe that is now the Picker Pawn Aliens in the Swamp Channel. And please don’t say anything that ends in “the Dead”, I was over that a few years ago. Suggestions are appreciated:)

• I love Vikings which is on the History channel, but right now it’s in-between seasons. Animal Kingdom on TNT is in it’s second season right now and I love love love that show! A lot of people are comparing it to Sons of Anarchy. I’ve never seen that one so I can’t say. I will be sad when Kingdom is over. Jonathan Tucker is brilliant as Jay! I think the problem is that Kingdom airs on a channel that is owned by AT&T. So it only airs on Uverse (if you are still lucky to have it as I am) or DirecTV. If Kingdom were on a universal channel like TNT, FX or AMC it would probably attract many more viewers.

• Joanne wheeler says:

Agree completely!!! Thx for the suggestions too. I never would have checked out Animal Kingdom, I would have assumed it would feature Cute hairy critters, not Fine hairy dudes!

• Vikings is a very good show on the history channel and based on true events.

4. Alec says:

This sucks! I love this show! I just hope they did an awesome and satisfying final season.

• Nick Smith says:

Yes very disappointed that it’s being cancelled really enjoyed this programme very gritty and well produced sad to see it go

5. Mandy says:

Love this show! So sad to hear that it is ending

6. SJ says:

This really sucks. This is one of the best shows on television, period. I hope there’s a satisfying series finale.

7. tina says:

damn that sucks I freaking love this show. its one of the best on tv right now. and even bigger bummer is season 3 only has 10 episodes, was hoping for a longer season like season 2. =/

8. The Beach says:

I wondered about that with Rodriguez going on to APB. I really liked this show. Great acting, esp by Tucker who managed to steal any scene he was in. I’ll miss the Tucker, Lauria, Jonas and Grillo eye candy too, if I’m being honest.

9. Burro b says:

Such bs. One of the best original well acted shows on tv gets the boot. But stupid mindless unoriginal crap like 2 broke girls, moms, get away withbmurder , blind spot etc or the other nonsense boring dry shows get renewed. Executives don’t get it

• Ava From NJ says:

I agree dumb ass shows go on and on. This had such originality in it’s writing and on subject matter that’s never been seen before. It will be sadly missed I’m pissed!!! Another great show bites the dust. All the acting was award worthy!!

• Phyllis says:

I agree. A true balls out, raw energy, and in Lisa/keile’s case true to life series with exceptional performances. Especially Jonathan tucker. All I can say is I’m stunned! Have experienced some of this and couldn’t have written it with more integrity. So very sad it’s cancelled. Will treasure what’s been filmed!

10. Mike Pittman says:

That’s disappointing, one of the best shows around, really natural drama, everything feels pretty genuine, Jonathan Tucker’s performance is criminally overlooked, really a powerhouse performance, steals every scene he’s in, and that’s saying something, because the performances are great all around. Hopefully it’s a satisfying conclusion, pity it’s such a short run.

11. Nik says:

Best show on the audience channel probably cancelled because direct TV couldn’t afford it.

12. Traci Ralston says:

The show was my favorite. I don’t watch much TV, but always made time to watch Kingdom! Jonathan Tucker was amazing in the role of Jay. Wow… So sad to see it go.

13. John Seger says:

What a shame. This is a fantastic show with great writing and an amazing cast. I feel it never was promoted properly and wasn’t available on enough platforms. The first season was available on iTunes and Google play but the second season wasn’t available to buy a season pass or single episode purchasing. That hurt it, in my opinion. In any case, I look forward to the final season. I love this show and it made me realize Nick Jonas is a really decent actor as well.

• joanne wheeler says:

Completely agree on Jonas’ acting ability! He was an incredible addition to the cast and I was so upset that he was killed off at the end! Of course Tucker stole the finale with his speech about his brother, which was AMAZING . But, if they ever tried to bring the show back I don’t think it would have the same chemistry without Jonas. Jay could not be Jay without Nate, and Nate would not be Nate without Jay. They needed each other to survive.

14. Brenda Lane says:

This makes me so sad.This is an amazing show.The storylines are great and the acting is superb.Is there any way that we can save this show?

15. Matthew says:

I can’t believe it another show cut short I love this show there is so much more story to be told yet

16. Edward Myers says:

They have done an amazing job with the show and characters. Sad to see it go. Was the only reason I got Directv. After the season I’ll cancel my service..

17. Martha says:

Definitely a power packed, emotionally driven drama series. Loved the complexity of so many personal struggles. Emotions, feelings, coping are real life issues. And the comical humor injected. Regardless of what lense one chooses to view things from, Kingdom hit on all cylinders.
    As for competing for airtime to be broadcasted, why aren’t folks acknowledging the ability to record episodes? Everyone has light to shine, keep it lit up!!

18. Germaine says:

So sad. Best tv series in a long time. I can’t believe it’s ending so soon!

19. Amy C says:

Love this show! I can’t believe it’s cancelled! I was hoping it would go on forever. This is right up there with breaking bad in my book! I’m so sad it’s going to be over!!!! Please don’t cancel!

20. Clay says:

Very upset….. Pretty much my all time favourite series! Way too early!

21. Rick says:

Why? This is one over my and my wife’s favorite shows and she hates MMA but loves the story line. Please someone pick this show up.

22. Rick says:

This is one of my favorite shows.

23. Jean E says:

Very upset to hear that kingdom is cancelled. I have been waiting for its return, just to find out it has been cancelled. Great show, great cast. Please reconsider.

24. Jean E says:

Very upset to hear about the cancellation. Been waiting for its return only to learn it had been cancelled. Great show, great cast. Please reconsider.

25. Francine Ramos says:

I’m so sad kingdom will be ending after season 3. One of the best shows out there. 😭

26. Joe says:

I’m absolutely outraged that audience has cancelled Kingdom after only 3 seasons… Honestly, it is an amazing show and you cannot tell a story in only 3 seasons… I think another network should pick it up and try to keep it running… I can guarantee that if it were on HBO, Showtime or even FX, it would have a much bigger fan base and definitely last at least 6 seasons… Audience, you are making a huge mistake by ending Kingdom!!!

27. FireQueen says:

WTFunk
    Seriously network your goin to wrap up major serious story lines in 10 episodes NO YOUR FLIPPING NOT!
    THIS show is ABSOLUTELY fabulous and deserves to have a proper closure!!! You did 20 episodes for season and you cannot come up with at least 15 to end probably one of the adult dramas I’ve seen since Sons of Anarchy!!! Get your head out of your beeeeeeep!,,, give us paying audience what WE want, not what corporate America wants!!!

28. Ivan Colon says:

Yesssss!!!! Love the Show

29. Joanoh says:

Sad it’s ending. One of a few really great shows on tv. If it is well received, why end it??

30. Kelly Romero says:

Showtime, HBO, Starz, should pick it up. This show is the only one like it and it is the best show on TV. This is a shame!!

31. Reggie says:

Oh crap, I’m so mad! This is my favorite show!! Luv me some Jay. Tucker is so awesome in this role.

32. Tabitha says:

This sucks on so many levels. This is the 1 and only show me and my husband can watch together and we both love it. I’m sad to see it go but hey, maybe they will get picked up by netflix…. we can only hope…..

33. Marushke says:

Very disappointed to see this show cancelled. Lots of drama twists & turns in this series. Love Jonathan Tucker’s performance. Not many kickboxing, wrestling shows out there. Although daily here in RSA we see a lot of violence. 💀

34. Rebecca says:

Oh my god. I cannot believe one of the best shows on tv is being cancelled. My son and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show. There’s NOTHING on tv like it. I love all the characters and was so looking forward to this season and now it’s ruined knowing this is it. WHY would they do such a thing??? I’m praying it gets picked up by another channel. So depressed now!!!!!!

35. Hand of God cancelled on Amazon with a cliffhanger 3rd season, Penny Dreadful on Showtime with a stupid 3rd season and now Kingdom with a rushed 3rd season. Most likely to end on a Cliffhanger as well.

Yes there are a lot of tv shows to pick from, but each show should have a clause in it that requires the network to add at least 4 extra episodes when a show is cancelled. At least to be able to try and wrap up any loose ends and not end on a cliffhanger.

Who knows how this season will end, but every show that ends in the third season, always seems to end on a cliffhanger.

I guess I am going not start watching any new shows until they get to season 4. That way I won’t be disappointed.

Check out these two new shows. Animal Kingdom on Amazon which is Awesome and Season 2 just started on TNT. The other show is Stranger Things on Netflix and Season 2 for that will air on Halloween this year.

Both shows are phenomenal and should hopefully be around for a lot longer than 3 seasons. Now we just need Game of Thrones to hurry up and start and all will be well.

36. Erika hernandez says:

I’m very disappointed that one of my favorite series is being cancelled! I love this show and looked forward on many more seasons to come. This series is so addictive and very interesting.. I’m very saddened by this news.

37. michel says:

Kingdom needs to stay on the air. Directv picked this series up and we have KINGDOM parties. Why cancel the show? The narrative is stable and and the antagonist is there’s always the next fight. GROW THE CHARACTERS in their personal lives and bring in new writers new blood. Thank god somebody fought for Sons of Anarchy and gave the 10 million viewers a week something to look forward to. We, the people, viewers of Sons of Anarchy now view Kingdom. Take that away and we got Dancing with the stars! Retool the show and for whatever the reason for cancellation all can be resolved at a conference table and the series can live for at least another five years.
    Sincerely,
    michel

38. Cendee Bellisle says:

This is bull! This is one of my favorite shows and now its over!! Should have advertised better or something! Great actors and great show and its over?

39. Regan says:

I’m sad about this. Acting and writing have been brilliant in this show and it dealt with a subject matter that I found original and engaging. I want to know the actual reason it’s being cancelled. Were ratings too low? Did the actors/writers/show runner etc want out? Was it too expensive to make? I just want to know because I can’t believe it has been cancelled after 3 seasons! One of those shows I thought would last a while. It had the potential.

40. Nick Nice says:

Absolutely mind-blowing, I look forward to this show and the stories that would have unfold.

Must be a salary issue I assume. But who knows. One of the bigger franchise in the TV should snag it. Let’s hope!

The acting is great. I’ll miss Kingdom very much.

41. Michele Blake says:

absolutely gutted Kingdom will be finishing after series 3. Gripping drama and fantastic acting all around. Boo!!!:(

42. Jesse says:

It sucks that this show is being cancelled. Especially on a bad note, considering we wont get to see Alvey Kulina vs Matt Hughes which, even though it’s a fake fight, had me hyped up. I hope nobody important dies or anything, because the show still has potential, even if it’s being cancelled. Chances are someone else will pick it up. I’m sure this season will not be the last of this show. By the way, does anyone know the actress that plays the bartender (Katie I think is the name.) in episode 3.5? She wasn’t credited in the credits or cast on IMDb

43. Angela Bianchi says:

Agree fantastic show with good acting and directing. Was hoping this was going to get picked up by a major tv network and turn into a long running series.

44. Shannon says:

So sad to see Kingdom go. Really hope the creators reconsider or another network picks it up whatever the case may be. Loved the show it has a great storyline and great cast with great acting.

45. Leslie Cave says:

Love the show!!! I watched Guiding Light from day one. Loved Frank Grills’s character, Hart Jessie, and his wife Wendy.

46. Tara says:

I am so damn pissed off that you are taking off Kingdom one of the best tv shows out there! I was in total shock when I seen this because everyone I talk to loves the show too! And if you go off of live tv ratings what about all of the people who have to set the dvr and watch it later! Does all of those people who watch like that do they even use their ratings? And how can you just let it end like that? That’s not a ending!
    It’s a injustice to everyone to let such an amazing show then cancel it and not give us more and with a great ending at least!

47. Ellen says:

Very sad the show is ending. Love the characters and feel like there are many stories to tell about them!

48. Nazeem Slamdien says:

I’m a huge MMA fan….like boxing always have, but utterly LOVE MMA….so it’s no surprise to me that I love Kingdom, and I’m gutted that I’m currently watching the final season….the show has so much more potential. Please…the powers that be…don’t cancel….fight for it….let’s have a few more seasons. PLEASE.

49. jaime says:

Kingdom is one of the best tv series ever this sucks that its being cancelled after only 3 seasons…

50. Gloria Garcia says:

Love this show!! The whole cast is awesome & talented. I’m truly going to miss this show:(