The Flash Killer Frost

Why Is Flash's Frost a Killer? Another Supernatural Spinoff? Fave Time-Travel Device? Bates Miscast? And More Qs

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Homeland, Bones, black-ish and Supernatural!

Once Upon a Time1 | On Once Upon a Time, the way Tinker Bell’s eyes never met Regina’s or followed Regina as she moved…. Did guest star Rose McIver “green screen” her scenes separately?

2 | For those who were still watching Time After Time: Wasn’t the casting of Cameron Cuffe as John’s son pretty spot-on?

3 | On Big Little Lies, how did Bonnie find out the truth about Abigail’s secret project? And after this week’s installment, can we get a pre-show warning on all TV episodes in which a character barfs? (Especially if it’s bright green?)

4 | What compelled Homeland‘s Saul to break into Carrie’s house when he saw she wasn’t home? And does a paranoid CIA analyst like Carrie really not have a password on her laptop?

5 | Are you hoping Katie Cassidy’s return to Arrow as Black Siren means the show is finally going to give us a female Big Bad?

6 | Was Supergirl‘s Alex surprisingly chill about the revelation that Maggie cheated on her ex-girlfriend? Any fans notice that Alex not only traveled to the DEO but also changed clothes during the time it took superfast Kara to return from the Fortress of Solitude? And did anyone not see Queen Rhea’s stabbing of Lar Gand coming a mile away?

Bates Motel Rihanna Marion Crane7 Wouldn’t Bates Motel have better served its audience and Psycho’s legacy by casting an actual actress — instead of a gorgeous-yet-spiritless, monotone music-video performer — as Marion Crane?

8 | Did The Flash reveal Season 4’s non-speedster baddie, with Kadabra’s reference to DeVoe aka The Thinker? Upon hearing that Hamilton tickets are now on the line, is Barry more determined than ever to save Iris? Meanwhile, TVLine reader abz asks: “Has it been established why [Caitlin’s] meta powers have to turn her evil whereas Cisco’s don’t?”

9 | Did Legends of Tomorrow‘s Doomworld Sara/Amaya remind you of Gotham‘s Babs and Tabs? Did a long-haired Nate remind you of Leverage’s Eliot? And if the Legion of Doom could rewrite reality to their liking via the Spear of Destiny, why did they create a world in which vigilantes still exist?

10 | What was the bigger leap: that Bones‘ Jeffersonian team would be allowed back into a recently bombed, nearly collapsed structure to do their work, or that the “repairs” (new roof included!) would take just “weeks,” to hear Booth tell it? And is it too soon to be talking about annual Bones TV movies?

Bones

11 | Were any Switched at Birth fans thinking, “I wonder what Simone is up to…”?

12 | Why couldn’t Arrow‘s Felicity just hack Oliver’s new security protocols to get into the lair and at least grab some supplies? Or did she just not want a full-on confrontation?

13 | Given the Madea digs in this week’s black-ish, can we assume there’s no love lost between black-ish creator Kenya Barris and Tyler Perry? Or was Dre’s subtle wink proof that all the jabs were in good fun?

14 | Designated Survivor‘s President Moss: sincere savior or wannabe puppet master? Also, did you get goosebumps when Kiefer Sutherland’s character was given a 24-hour deadline?The Americans

15 | Did this week’s The Americans have three different characters call Henry by his name in a scene… because we wouldn’t have recognized him otherwise? (Did he grow another foot between episodes?!)

16 | Grey’s Anatomy tearjerker — manipulative, effective… or both?

17 | On Supernatural, did Mick’s mention of a Hogwarts-like school for the British Men of Letters sound like a good potential spinoff?

18 | Was Veronica’s comment to Betty on Riverdale about conflicting invitations to fancy parties being a real problem totally tone-deaf?

19 | Shouldn’t SNL‘s Beck Bennett get a cut of what ever Alec Baldwin’s Boss Baby grosses at the weekend box office?

Hit the comments with your answers — and any other Qs you care to share!

1. skrable2a says:

10. I thought the biggest leap was that there wasn’t even one death from the explosion. Even a no-name lab tech could have been killed inside the lab or outside when hit by the flying debris.

16. Aren’t all tear-jerking twists and turns manipulative? Since Grey’s has long been General Hospital in Primetime, such emotional ploys are to be expected.

2. MissEllys says:

Totally the Waverider, because it has deluxe food and clothes making machines

• Rick Katze says:

It’s just a small little ship. The Tardis has uncountable levels and apparently can add more in the blink of an eye.

• Jess says:

Then why does the TARDIS always look like a little room with a big piece of crap machine in the middle? Personally I choose Speed Force. That way I don’t need to be in a machine, I just have to run really fast.

• Playhouse says:

Because it’s the “bridge” of the ship where most of the use of the ship takes place.

By the by, anyone else notice that the Waverider’s Gideon control center is a big nod to the TARDIS control panel? One pays tribute to the other.

• Mary says:

Plus it has good healing facilities and a smaller jump ship that can be used as needed.

• AnnieM says:

The TARDIS has all of those things. It even has a swimming pool. (I forget the episode, but it *was* mentioned.)

3. Angela says:

#7: Eh, I didn’t mind her as Marion.

4. Kia says:

And is it too soon to be talking about annual Bones TV movies?

NO. I WANT THEM RIGHT AWAY. :(

5. rhayden5995 says:

7. I’d have to disagree with Rihanna being a bad Marion Crane. She held her own playing one of the most iconic character from cinema history.

6. kate says:

1. It would be random if they did that (or feed into my iZombie concerns) because the lots for the two shows are right near each other.

7. Sara says:

#8 my theory is that her heart is frozen. So she’s a stone cold with no remorse.

8. Tom says:

7 | Wouldn’t Bates Motel have better served its audience and Psycho’s legacy by casting an actual actress — instead of a gorgeous-yet-spiritless, monotone music-video performer — as Marion Crane?
    ~
    I wondered that myself.
    ~
    ~
    SOMEONE needs to pay for it, it looks horrible

9. Wordsmith says:

8) No, Flash has never explained why Caitlin spontaneously turns evil when she uses her powers. It would have been a simple matter of inserting a line about how the intense cold alters her brain chemistry, suppressing her empathy, or something, but they haven’t bothered.

10. Teresa says:

Who wouldn’t want to get inside the TARDIS?!?

11. kmw says:

Both Bones ones are big leaps but in my mind Booth was talking about the building being re built in general terms to comfort Brennan. It was a far bigger leap that they would be allowed to work in the building. And my real question about the Kovac arc was this. Why didn’t he just go straight after Brennan? She being Booth’s wife and partner to me it would have made more sense to go after her if he really wanted to hurt Booth. But still in all it was a great finale and as far as how soon for a movie or such a thing? It is too soon but I can see it happening in a couple of years and it wont likely be a movie. HH said he would prefer something like this last 12 episodes instead of that. DB has already started waffling about ever coming back and ED probably can be convinced of it, so it most likely will happen eventually.

12. Katie_Mead says:

#17: Please, Goddess of Media (*), no. I cannot abide that godawful false “British” accent that American TV forces onto the actors, some of whom may even come from one of the countries in Britain, but just aren’t allowed to use their natural accents. Sheriff Jody Mills and her Wayward Girls, with Sheriff Donna Hanscomb are the best spin-off potential.
    (*) Are you seeing Lucille Ball, or Gillian Anderson? If neither, hopefully by this time next year, you will get the reference, and will have one of these as an answer.

13. GraceM says:

Question #20 looks like the majority of the people agree – The Tardis.

All that space in there, who wouldn’t want to travel in there? Plus the outside is a phone booth. Which no one seems to ever notice. Lol!

14. Kevin Tran says:

20. the lifeboat from Timeless is the one I voted

15. Shar says:

#16 – It was both and it really made me miss Christina Yang because she would have made Maggie see that she was doing more harm than good with her Mom. Question 16 part 2 – why is Maggie still being written as a whiny insecure child?

16. Marco Piazzo says:

7. The biggest problem with Bates this season was the 2D writing for Sam Loomis. He came off as someone who’s purposefully acting like the biggest tool in existence, like someone who WANTS to be despised, and this is no knock on Austin Nichols. And yeah, I think Riri wasn’t the best choice for Marion. She wasn’t awful, mind you, but in her scenes as Marion with Sam, Austin had to do all the heavy lifting, what with his character being written badly and, well, her, and her scene with Freddy was passable, but again, the dude had to do all the heavy lifting. Sharing a scene with Vera would’ve probably ended her career in acting then and there, so maybe it was a wise choice for them not to cross paths.

17. Mary says:

6. I guess I didn’t notice Alex’s quick change, but yeah I knew that Queen Rhea was going to kill Lar.
    ——-
    8. Maybe, since they have said that next season’s big bad wasn’t going to be another speedster. As far as Caitlyn’s powers vs Cisco’s, it’s more in that he had already been using his before he met the evil version of himself, where as Caitlyn hadn’t yet acquired hers when she met her evil doppelgänger on Earth 2. Also when she met her double, she discovered that they had a lot in common in regards to their mothers. So she’s convinced herself that she’d become like Earth 2’s Killer Frost.
    ———–
    9. It seemed like the Legion kept vigilantes around just to have people to mess with and take out. That seemed to mostly be Damien Dhark’s bit of the universe change.
    ———-
    12. It does seem odd that Felicity didn’t hack into the lair to get anything.

18. Yessenia says:

12. I think Felicity was respecting Oliver’s decision to disband the team. We also know she isn’t it the best place right now.

P.S.- Curtis ended up hacking the codes probably because Diggle insisted and we know Felicity is the better hacker.

19. Andrew says:

7.| Why are you guys bringing this up now, several months after she was cast?

20. ReneCat says:

14: I say Moss is wannabe puppet master and yes the 24 hour thing was just a little chill inducing.

21. jason toscani says:

sheldon cooper is a stickler for all rules. so there is no way he would hunk the car horn without having legitimate traffic reason

22. N says:

7. I was surprised by how wooden Rhianna was, its not like she hasn’t acted before.They’ve had 5 seasons to plan for this moment and it kinda of fell flat for me.

14. Ya as soon as they made the point on last weeks episode that Moss declined to run for a 2nd term years ago, I assume hes going to gun for the presidency pretty soon. We don’t now how long Kirkman’s term is as he is serving out whats left of the previous presidents, but Moss will try to run against him in an upcoming season for sure.

15. Ya what happened to Henry, I though for a moment he was recast, i didn’t recognize him at all. it was really jarring

23. Gordon Rick says:

Question. If Rhea and Lar Gand were still in the Sol system how did Rhea kill him? Daxamites are supposedly invulnerable to everything but lead. DId she just happen to have a lead blade just laying around?

24. Sandrine says:

I didn’t like Rihanna as Marion either. She can’t act. Too stiff and aware of herself. I think they just relied on the buzz that Rihanna would generate as Marion.

25. NP20 says:

Bones weekly movies is the best idea! Start them now please

I don’t think you needed a poll – I said TARDIS without even looking to see what was on the list! No brainer there

26. 5) Kinda dumb for them to make her the big bad after they depowered her from what she could do on The Flash so Fefe could defeat her and gave Tuna Fake a more powerful cry.

Of course, Arrow writers have never paid a lick of attention to continuity and they love to crap on Katie and her characters so they will probably feed the haters wish to see her as the big bad and do it despite all they’ve already established.

27. T.W.S.S. says:

9. Did Legends of Tomorrow‘s Doomworld Sara/Amaya remind you of Gotham‘s Babs and Tabs?

Yes! And it made me love both duos even more.

28. Luis Roman says:

9. Dahrk’s ideal existence includes getting personally destroy his enemies; hence , the masks he so fetishistically displayed. He needs the reminder of his superiority

29. Master_K says:

I never thought I’d see the day when Rihanna of all people is described as monotone. I’ve actually really enjoyed her performance.

30. Aeol says:

#10 – I’ve been thinking about this all week. It’s a CRIME SCENE!!!

31. ninergrl6 says:

1. YES! I posted as much in my initial comments after the ep. Definitely suspicious.
    17. YES! I think a MoL (British or otherwise) has great potential for a spinoff or even a reset of original recipe SPN. I’ve always been intrigued by the whole MoL society, and the Wincesters *are* legacys after all.

32. Darlene says:

The question is in multiple levels. Why are there so many shows that are allowed on tv when they are primarily one race? For example, “blackish, empire, ” without anyone asking how can they do that? What if there was a “whites” show with an all white cast? Or an entire tv channel like BET only it would be called WET and it would be White Entertainment Television with just Caucasians? If we’re to be equal & treated equal, explain this please. This isn’t new. Think about Soul Train way back in the 1970’s. Dick Clark’s American Bandstand was multi cultural. It seems there needs to be a governing agency to make sure equality is followed for everyone. Or are they afraid of rioting & looting until we get our way? It seems that’s the answer.

• Ronnie says:

Did you really just ask about a show with an all-white cast? THAT’S MOST OF TELEVISION HISTORY. As far as American Bandstand, it was not multicultural for a long time. They would have black artists perform starting in 1957, but no black kids mingling in the crowds (a few began to trickle in a few years later). And when Dick Clark saw Soul Train, he tried to make a duplicate show for the black audience called Soul Unlimited but the fans (and pretty soon after ABC) weren’t having it.

• Stephen A. says:

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Most of television is all white casts. Where were people of color on Seinfeld, Mash, Friends, and any show pre-1970s?
      You really have to be trolling to ask that question.

• Hannah says:

Lmao they’re still making shows with all white casts – just look at 75% of CBS’s shows. Some shows, like Girls, have been called out for it, but most of them aren’t talked about at all.
      But this troll is just ignoring the fact that there are more white guest and recurring characters in the three seasons of Black-ish than the number of people of color onscreen throughout all ten seasons of Friends, nine seasons of How I Met Your Mother, and nine seasons of Seinfeld combined…

33. TB says:

#7. You know you’re internet racist now, right?

34. herman1959 says:

(14) He’s a stone-cold puppet master. Questions: 1 – Why would Kirkman allow his Chief of Staff to speak in front of the former POTUS (now a private citizen with no security clearance)?, 2- Why would he allow the former POTUS in the Situation Room?, and 3 – The fact that the former POTUS immediately has a handle on the situation, the solution of same, and exact name of the contact who could deal with everything? 4 – Who is writing this stuff now?

35. wwtbd12 says:

#8- plain and simple. Heart of ice.

36. Carla Krae says:

Very good casting of John’s son in resemblance.

37. murley says:

Here is my question about Riverdale- How has Betty never met Jughead’s dad? Are Betty, Jug and Archie supposed to have all grown up together?

38. Redep says:

17 -Dean and Sam fought against all possible supernatural forces. A spin-off would lose much of its interest. Men of Letters would fight against whom? Second fiddles?

39. drhenning says:

Stones in Scotland to mem is best but I have enjoyed Timeless.. HG Wells machine in my view was lame and I guess now I’ll never see it again unless I catch the burnoffs

40. Hollie says:

6: It disturbs me that both the writers and the fans would be ok with not only Maggie cheating but more importantly her lying about it and making Emily seem like the bad guy and just brush it all off saying ‘Oh, well, she’s flawed!’ Like, sure, Alex should forgive her if she’s sorry for it (which it didn’t really seem like she was) but is that not a huge red flag in itself?

41. wvugirl2007 says:

7. I liked Rihanna a lot more as an actress on Bates Motel than a singer. Her music isn’t my style, but I thought she did a pretty good job with her our take on a classic role.
    10. A Bones movie can start filming right now! I am not liking a world without new Bones waiting in the universe. I am not holding my breath that it will be soon though considering that over 1,000 Bones props are up for auction.
    11. I am not a big of Simone on Switched At Birth. I always feel like she is up to no good.
    16. This episode of Grey’s Anatomy got me like many of the classics. As someone who is very close to their mother this storyline hit me hard. It is one of those things in life I dread most in the world.

42. TvPeong says:

The TARDIS, especially if I get to choose which iteration of the Doctor I travel with ;-)

43. Mare says:

TARDIS, TARDIS, TARDIS!!!

44. dacia m robb says:

I’ve always wanted to know more about the men of letters but I think it would be better if they went back in time to show it…perhaps their grandparents time period or such…

45. Emetophobic says:

#3. I’ve been petitioning (mainly just aloud, to family members) for a TV-P warning for aeons. Seriously, why isn’t there one? It’s far more disturbing than cursing, violence, and sexual situations.

46. kath says:

The biggest leap on Bones was that the answer to who bombed them was to be found in a bunch of bombed bones.

Felicity could have hacked into the Arrow cave but she didn’t even try. She was giving Oliver the space he wanted.

• kath says:

And the Grey’s Anatomy was the worst example of cancer treatment I’ve seen on TV yet. I don’t even expect the show to be anywhere near accurate but this was ridiculous.

47. cmeminkwon says:

Ugh, something is gone from Grey’s…I don’t know what it is, but I miss it.
    I’m confused where Switched at Birth is going with the storyline given that there are like 2 episodes left.

48. Dude says:

7. Of course Marion Crane would have benefitted from being played by an actual actress. Rihanna tried her best but was not good. I know she’s a fan of the show and asked to be apart of the final season but I don’t understand why they cast her. Doing it for the press is pointless considering it was already announced as the final season.

49. Aaron Baker says:

9. It was the Legion’s own ego. They wanted to be able to kill the vigilantes

50. Raeia says:

8. I believe The Thinker would be a great Flash villain, especially if they want to make the tv version of Flash more like the brilliant CSI from the comics. Hopefully, it could help integrate Jay Garrick into the story more as a mentor for Barry and Wally. Lots of people love Lin-Manuel Miranda’s Hamilton, but it seems a bit discourteous of Barry’s love for Iris and the WestAllen relationship to suggest that Barry would be more incentivized to save her after learning about Hamilton tickets. He wants to have a future with Iris more than he wants to see Hamilton. We’re not sure of the origin of Caitlin’s powers, but one thing is certain. The way she handled having meta powers versus Cisco’s was different. Cisco was afraid of them initially, but worked through the fear, is learning to navigate them and has chosen to use them for good. Unlike his E2 doppelgänger Reverb. Conversely, Caitlin seems to have let her fear take her over and has chosen to go down an evil path. Ultimately, she’s choosing to give into her darkness and be evil, just like her E2 doppelgänger. Time will tell if that changes.