Empire Ratings Lows

Ratings: Empire Slips to Series Lows, Still Dominates Night

Empire this Wednesday drew 6.9 million total viewers and a 2.4 rating (per finals), slipping 15 percent on both counts to new series lows — though still dominating the night in the demo.

Opening Fox’s night, Shots Fired (3.8 mil/1.0) ticked down from its premiere.

Over on NBC, Blindspot (4.3 mil/0.9) held steady, while SVU (5 mil/1.1) ticked down to hit and tie series lows. Chicago PD (6 mil/1.2) held steady.

Elsewhere….

THE CW | Arrow (1.55 mil/0.5) and The 100 (970K/0.3) each added a few eyeballs while flat in the demo.

CBS | Survivor (8.3 mil/1.8) rose a tenth, Criminal Minds (6.9 mil/1.2) dipped a tenth to match its series low in the demo and Beyond Borders (5.1 mil/0.9) ticked up.

ABC | The Goldbergs (6.1 mil/1.7) rose 10 percent and two tenths, while Imaginary Mary previewed to 5.4 mil/1.4 vs. Speechless‘ most recent 4.6 mil/1.3. Modern Family (6.8 mil/2.1) added two tenths, while black-ish (4.9 mil/1.5) and Designated Survivor (5.2 mil/1.1) were flat.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. fernando933 says:

Seems like season 5 will be The 100 final season

2. Kevin Tran says:

What are the chances Criminal Minds (original) gets renewed and possibly a final season?

• NolaNola says:

I still watch but am oh so tired of CM. Just waiting for Spence to out think everyone and get Out of prison.

3. kmw says:

No surprises here especially Empire. Keeping your highest rated show off the air for so long never helps however FOX has nothing to really worry about since nothing else they have come close. Interesting that again CM outdraws Empire in viewers. Good that Blindspot has stabilized and hopefully DS stays there and doesn’t go down further

4. Jana says:

Hopefully Blindspot remains stable…and NBC renews it and moves the series from that awful Wednesday time slot.

5. Jen123 says:

This was my number one favorite show last season but as soon as they started in with blacklivesmatter I was done. I could not believe that my favorite show had become a stage for blacklivesmatter, and obviously I’m not alone. Leave your racist opinions to yourself and just make a wonderful show but I will never watch it again.

6. Joseph says:

Hi Everyone,
    I believe this show is really entertaining. I’m looking forward to seeing the next seasons. I hope the tweest never has to end.