Emmys
Daytime Emmy Awards

Daytime Emmy Nominations: Y&R Leads Soap Opera Pack With 25 Nods

Nominations for the 44th annual Daytime Emmy Awards were announced on Wednesday on CBS’ The Talk, and it looks to be a horse race among the four surviving sudsers.

CBS’ The Young and the Restless walked away with a slight lead, amassing 25 total nods to the 23 netted by both ABC’s General Hospital and CBS’ The Bold and the Beautiful. NBC’s Days of Our Lives followed closed with 22 nominations.

This year’s Daytime Emmys will be held Sunday, April 30 at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium in Southern California, with the Creative Arts ceremony landing on the Friday prior.

The major categories are listed below:

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES
The Bold and the Beautiful
Days of Our Lives
General Hospital
2016 winner
The Young and the Restless

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis, General Hospital)
Gina Tognoni (Phyllis, The Young and the Restless)
Heather Tom (Katie, The Bold and the Beautiful)
Jess Walton (Jill, The Young and the Restless)
Laura Wright (Carly, General Hospital)

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Peter Bergman (Jack, The Young and the Restless)
Scott Clifton (Liam, The Bold and the Beautiful)
Billy Flynn (Chad, Days of Our Lives)
Vincent Irizarry (Deimos, Days of Our Lives)
Kristoff St. John (Neil, The Young and the Restless)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Stacy Haiduk (Patty, The Young and the Restless)
Finola Hughes (Anna, General Hospital)
Anna Maria Horsford (Vivian, The Bold and the Beautiful)
Kate Mansi (Abigail, Days of Our Lives)
Kelly Sullivan (Sage, The Young and the Restless)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
John Aniston (Victor, Days of Our Lives)
Steve Burton (Dylan, The Young and the Restless)
Chad Duell (Michael, General Hospital)
Jeffrey Vincent Parise (Carlos/Joe, General Hospital)
James Reynolds (Abe, Days of Our Lives)

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Lexi Ainsworth (Kristina, General Hospital)
Reign Edwards (Nicole, The Bold and the Beautiful)
Hunter King (Summer, The Young and the Restless)
Chloe Lanier (Nelle, General Hospital)
Alyvia Alyn Lind (Faith, The Young and the Restless)

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Bryan Craig (Morgan, General Hospital) — 2016 winner
Pierson Fodé (Thomas, The Bold and the Beautiful)
James Lastovic (Joey, Days of Our Lives)
Tequan Richmond (TJ, General Hospital)
Anthony Turpel (R.J., The Bold and the Beautiful)

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES WRITING TEAM

Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show
The View
The Ellen DeGeneres Show
Maury
Live With Kelly
The Talk

Who will you be rooting for next month?

1. Rosie says:

GH got 10 noms not 9.

2. Vic says:

I am pulling for John Aniston/Victor to win. To me, he is the most entertaining part of DOOL and every scene he nails it.

3. Aquila H. says:

With Celebrity Name Game nominated, does Courteney Cox finally have an Emmy nom (even if daytime)?

4. Sandy Duncan's Eye on Rocky Mount says:

Not sure why Bryan Craig and Tequan Richmond were nominated…both have been off the show for months abd both a pretty bad.

• katy says:

Lexi is picked to win younger and she’s recurring haven’t seen her in months.

• Lena says:

She barely had a storyline and most of her scenes last year were terrible.

• Ghkfan says:

The submissions are never for current work as those will be submitted next year. That’s why people who aren’t on the show anymore like Bryan Craig are nominated. I wanted Lexi to win for her abuse storyline years ago. I think she continues to do good work when given a storyline and hope she wins for her controversial one this year.

• Mary says:

Nominations were based on last year I believe. I don’t understand Tequan nomination because when he is on there really is no story line. However; Bryan delivery on Morgan death is worthy of a nomination. Love both Nancy Lee Grahn and Laura Wright rooting for either one of them, probably depends what reel they sent in.

5. mooshki says:

“James Lastovic (Joey, Days of Our Lives)” Are you KIDDING ME? He is an abominable actor! I am dumbfounded.

It’s also insane that Arianne Zucker wasn’t nominated. Best actress on any soap, and has been for a while.

6. Kim says:

OK, how did Jen Lilley and Ari Zucker get passed over?

7. Kevin Tran says:

2016 was a bad year for Y&R with a few beloved and not-so-beloved characters gone for good (RIP Adam Newman) and a showrunner change but in my opinion GH should go big this year. Really hope TPIR won’t win for the third time in the Drew Carey era and would CBS Daytime ever going to end TV’s longest running game show in the near future.

8. Kevin Tran says:

No word yet whether this year’s Daytime Emmy Awards should air on TV or the Internet?

9. Eric7740 says:

And your Daytime Emmy winners are:
    Drama: GH or B&B
    Actess: Laura Wright
    Actor: Billy Flynn
    Supp Actress: Finola Hughes
    Supp Actor: John Aniston
    Young Actress: Chloe Lanier maybe Ainsworth
    Young Actor: Bryan Craig to repeat

10. noma says:

Heather Tom from B&B is the Best!!

11. Greg Vaughan was over-looked over for best supporting actor. Greg nailed ever scene with such heart felt emotion. How could he not be nominated?

12. LT says:

I’m speechless over some of these acting noms. I want daytime to keep succeeding, but when crap like this happens. Oy vey!

13. Eileen says:

Steve Burton???? Why? He is like a piece of wood. The kid who plays RJ on Bold and the Beautiful? Really? Well there are slim pickens on soaps these days. At least Mumblin Maurice from GH did not get nomiinated.

• Sheila Burleson says:

I, too, am grateful old greasy thug “Sonny” was not nominated. GH said they were going to focus less on the mobsters and more on the hospital. I have watched this show (GH)since the very first episode. Nina was better with Franco. Dr. Griffith (?) and Liz should be a couple. I don’t even see a spark of chemistry between Laura and Kevin. GH needs to go back to the kind of love and drama it had in the past. Are Guza and Riche (UGH) back again. Get some writers who know storylines that entertain me. All the storylines were fantastic when Luke and Laura were together. Sorry I got a bit off topic.

14. scyren says:

Congrats to SteveB!

15. Philip says:

Are there guest actor or new media (YouTube) awardss this year as well??

Btw, Pat Sajak’s name was misspelled.

16. LilaC says:

Joey on DOOL as best young actor?!?!*? He’s one of the worst I’ve evet seen!

17. Susan Olson says:

Arianne Zucker has been an outstanding lead actress!

18. Shannon Patrick says:

I’m glad that Nancy Grahn (Alexis on GH) is nominated and I hope she wins. She was astonishing last year. So was Laura Wright. (Carly on GH). But I rather see Nancy win that Emmy. I understand why Bryan Craig (Morgan on GH) is nominated. He was onscreen last year but left around in Fall/Winter. But I don’t understand why Tequan Richmond (T.J on GH) is nominated. Not only he hasn’t been on screen since almost a year, but he never had a solid storyline. He did at first, (for a few days) but they dropped it. I’m a bit disappointed that Maurice Benard (Sonny on GH) didn’t get a nomination. I’m glad to see Finola Hughes (Anna on GH) is nominated. But I rather see her in a leading category.

19. gloria says:

These are great and I wish them all luck, but I think the one that plays Nicole on Days should have been nominated. She is also a great actress. Days and Young and Restless actors, actresses and one of those two shows are who I’m rooting for.

20. Donna says:

What? No Thorsten Kaye or Rena sofer? Do they automatically put peter bergman in now that Anthony Geary is out of the picture?

21. Angelfan says:

Love Days, but James Lastovic as outstanding younger actor nominee, seriously?

22. jp says:

Is the ceremony going to be televised?

23. C. Cooper says:

How come “The Five” is not listed?

24. Rebel says:

The view has been the most trustful and truthful how this year. The show is informative most important it a no hold back . Whoopi is honest with her thoughts. In fact all the host are great
    Their are good together their off t each personality. Thank you LADIES, FOR MAKING US
    FEEL LIKE WE COUNT TOO.NO MATTER WHAT COLOR SKIN YOU ARE. RICH OR POOR.

25. Fran Boyle says:

when did The View become entertaining? it seems the last year it’s a political action show for the Democrat Party

• Besspaula says:

Absolutely. Too one sided democ. Root for them all time. Constant over over. Behar lives for the talk to b that. She doesn’t get into other topics w any interest. Eye rolling mean spirit. Others are tolerable. Go back to way was when Walters did it.

26. Jennifer says:

Can Anthony Geary win anyways? I miss him. But anyways, John Aniston is the most entertaining. I will be so happy if he wins. I also agree with, whats up with Air Sucker not getting nominated??? Bryan Craig was the bomb. Think he should get a repeat. What ever happen to some categories, for example, most beautiful, etc… Do not know what made me ponder that.

• Sheila Burleson says:

I have missed Tony Geary since the day he left. He added a much needed change of pace for the show. I still miss Samantha and think it was silly to kill her off. The writers keep writing new and recycled mobsters to the show and I hate those stories.

27. Jennifer says:

I meant ARI ZUCKER.

28. Jennifer says:

Dang spell check. Lol

29. Marcia Bachman says:

General Hospital rocks !!!!

30. Pete says:

Craig Ferguson turned mean once he found out he wasn’t getting Letterman’s job. The entire tone of the show went south.

31. Rachael Andrews says:

I like the “View” AND the “Talk”! They are totally different in their approach to ‘entertainment and being informative’, and to tge nay sayers.. no, tge View isn’t just political but it is CURRENT and has both dems and reps on all talking piints. I find it frustrating at times that the Talk won’t touch a political topic! Hope they each win an emmy!

32. Liza says:

Lexi Ainsworth rocks her role! I have always loved her as Kristina and am SO glad she is back. She should get this win!