Exclusive

Midnight, Texas Trailer: NBC's New Drama From Charlaine Harris is the Ultimate Freak Show — Watch

You’ll probably want to spend at least part of your summer in the Lone Star State after sneaking a peek at Midnight, Texas (premiering Tuesday, July 25 at 10/9c).

Adapted from the best-selling book trilogy by author Charlaine Harris (True Blood), the NBC drama follows Manfred (The Borgias’ François Arnaud), a psychic capable of communicating with the dead. After relocating to the titular Texas town, he finds himself surrounded by both human and supernatural allies. Among its inhabitants: a witch (Luke Cage’s Parisa Fitz-Henley), an angel (Sex and the City’s Jason Lewis), a mysterious assassin (The Vampire Diaries’ Arielle Kebbel), a local pawn shop owner (Orphan Black‘s Dylan Bruce) and a reverend (Captain Phillips’ Yul Vazquez), who may or may not be a werewolf. There’s also Creek (Parenthood‘s Sarah Ramos), an aspiring writer with whom Manfred is clearly smitten.

“The town of Midnight has been a haven for centuries,” a vampire by the name of Lemuel (played by True Blood‘s Peter Mensah) tells Manfred. “People like us make this home.” Unfortunately, that home is on the verge of an all-out war with hellish forces, and it may just be up to Manfred — “a man who can bridge the living and the dead” — to lead an army in the battle against evil.

Press PLAY on the exclusive trailer below, then tell us if Midnight, Texas looks like your next supernatural obsession.

1. Collette says:

OMG! Is everything either supernatural or superhero/sci-fi? I want something as good as Lonesome Dove/Downton Abbey/Gilmore Girls not another fantasy. American TV is on the critical list. Pass.

• Snow says:

Try watching This is Us

• Collette says:

No offense but This Is Us is a mess IMO. I was looking forward to it before it premiered. They lost me in the first episode. The couple completes their trio by adopting a black child, so far so good. Fast forward 20+ years and the white son is an angst ridden actor, the white daughter is a morbidly obese glutton and the only one with their head on straight is the black son who still sounds black despite being raised in an all white environment? Don’t think so.

• Billy Bob Johnson says:

I’m surprised you like anything on TV.

• Temperance says:

Why? This Is Us is a ‘like it or hate it’ show – you either like to be severely emotionally manipulated or not. It’s over the top for me, and generally like those shows if they are done well.

• Steven says:

Um… Wow it’s a show where people have problems. And Randall “sounds black”? I don’t even know where to start.

• CountryQueen says:

If you would have continued to watch the show you would have seen that Jack, being the amazing dad he is, made sure that Randall had the influence of men like him in his life growing up. It’s a great show, but everyone is entitled to their opinion, just thought you might like to see that sometimes the rush judgement’s we make, have a reason.

• J.B. says:

It’s just to balance out all the NCIS Criminal Chicago Housewife Minds.

• Gospino says:

I guess you missed the many dozens of shows that are NOT supernatural/superhero. There are a ton of them.

• H.H. says:

Everyone has different tastes. I for one find cop dramas, legal dramas, medical dramas, and soapy dramas trite. We’re in the era of peak TV. There’s enough out there for everyone to take in the kinds of shows that they dig without wishing that certain audiences be deprived. Whining that the viewer pool that digs genre shows is getting something to cater to their tastes just because they don’t share your tastes comes across as selfish.

• Temperance says:

There is more TV of higher general quality than ever before. Does anyone give a rip that you have terrible taste?

2. Ottavia says:

There’s not yet a date for the premiere??

3. kate says:

Hell, its something that seems very summer appropriate. I have a sense it will fill the Teen Wolf shaped hole that likely will end just before this begins. My interest, though, I only remember one of these books ever being on my Amazon list despite reading all the Sookie books and most through Amazon…actually maybe not.

4. Julia says:

This looks pretty awesome but I think it would fit better on cable. Either way, I’m in. I’ve been missing True Blood.

• Snow says:

I liked true blood to but it fell off a lot in it final seasons. I barely made it through the sixth and and tried the seventh but didn’t make it pass the first 10 minutes.

5. J.B. says:

Was wondering what happened with this show. I remember seeing this trailer last year. Thought it would be a mid season replacement. If NBC is airing it in the summer I can’t help but wonder if they don’t have any faith in it.

6. Snow says:

Look I’m going to check that out.
    I’ll probably look into the books as well

• Meg says:

the books are fantastic. looks like they may be going a little off from the books in the show, but that’s to be expected.

7. Goldenvibefan says:

I’ll check it out, at least for Arielle Kebbell alone.

8. Wrstlgirl says:

Wow I’m definitely intrigued.

9. Billy Bob Johnson says:

It should be on HBO, Showtime, or Netflix. Broadcast network censorship kills shows like this all the time.

• Amy says:

Not to mention, being on NBC will likely kill it outright; outside of Grimm, they have a hard time promoting supernatural type shows.

• AnnieM says:

Maybe they are looking on it as a potential replacement for Grimm. The cast has no ‘big’ names, so should be less expensive for them than other shows. Actually, maybe the reason they sat on it for a year was because they gave Grimm a final sason.

10. Steven says:

Saw the pilot at New York Comic Con last year. I was starting to think it would never air. The pilot was a mess to be honest. Not sure if I’ll keep watching.

11. Nathan says:

This is gonna fill my Grimm sized heart. This should’ve been paired with American gods tho.

12. I’m in!!! 🙌🙌🙌

Manfred (François Arnaud) 😍 😍 😍 I can’t wait.

I already know what my mid summer plans are!!! #MidnightTexas here we come!!

13. DeeDee says:

YASSSSSSSS ….Can’t wait……and its on a local station…….

14. Brigid says:

I’ll check it out. I love anything and everything that’s supernatural, sci-fi, fantasy or just down right different.

15. AngelWasHere says:

I thought this was going be on HBO. It would fair better. Oh well I’ll tune in.

16. Joey Padron says:

Looks good. Looking forward to check out the first episode of the show this summer.

17. Sylvia says:

Cant wait for this show to start! Looks like it has it all.

18. Sylvia says:

I watch TV to get away from problems/reality. Love all the supernatural stuff.

19. Dani Owenby says:

I Can not wait for this show!! Premieres on my birthday so a premiere party is in order with all my horror loving friends. Horror fan to the end! It looks sooooo good. Bring it on!

20. Melanie Soto says:

Did they even try to cast people who resembled the characters? Hate that they took a good story and dumbed it down to “hot people in a night time soap opera with a supernatural twist.