This Is Us Ratings Finale

Tuesday Ratings: This Is Us Ends Season With New Highs, NCIS Dips

Following an extended delay caused by a weekend power outage at one of its data centers, Nielsen has released the TV ratings for Sunday, Monday and now Tuesday night. TVLine has posted each day’s batch separately as they trickled in — and frankly, for my own sanity I likely won’t bother with many sitcoms or stationary shows — so grab a beer and a bourbon back and see what’s what….

NBC | Despite drawing mixed reviews (including an average TVLine reader grade of “B-“) — and opposite whatever Rachel Maddow was up to over on cable cousin MSNBC — This Is Us‘ freshman finale not surprisingly drew new series highs, rising 15 and 13 percent to 12.8 million toal viewers and a 3.4 demo rating. Opening the Peacock’s night, The Voice (11.7 mil/2.5) was down a tenth week-to-week. Trial & Error‘s double episode debut did 5.9 mil/14 and then 4.6 mil/1.0.

CBS | NCIS (13.9 mil/1.5) dipped to season and series lows. NCIS: New Orleans‘ two-hour outing averaged 10.3 mil/1.2 — down just a tenth from Bull’s most recent outing and imrpviing on its own previous performance.

THE CW | The Flash (2.4 mil/0.9) and Legends (1.34 mil/0.5) both hit audience lows while holding onto their demo lows.

FOX | Bones (2.52 mil/0.7) hit a new audience low while steady in the demo.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Superwoman says:

Ouch Trial and Error…didn’t think it would be this low esp after such a huge lead.
    Incredible TIU…just wow.
    I hope season 2 is just as good, hope the show stays true to what has worked for season 1

2. Haz says:

Why didn’t NBC just put Trial and Error after Superstore? Powerless is a bust I dropped that show after its second episode. This Is Us and Trial and Error do not go well together so I’m not suprised it dropped so much. I hope it’s given a chance I found it pretty decent I preferred it over The Good Place. Also why does Fox hate Bones so much? They have a new episodes of New Girl, Mick repeat, and new Bones episode.

3. The Beach says:

I thought Trial and Error was hilarious. I laughed out loud more times that I have at any show in quite a while. I hope it succeeds.

4. Ncis is collapsing into a massive and catastrophic failure for cbs. Needs major emergency surgery! Cbs needs ncis. It’s failing spectacularly. Cancel bull and get tony and ziva back.

• Carm says:

Is 13.9million viewers really failing spectacularly?

• Yes because it’s not appealing as much to major money generating advertisers

• Peter Allan Ker says:

You must realize that people are not watching TV Live anymore like they use to. Every year the measuring size is getting smaller.

• Eyerollcommencing says:

Hate to burst your bubble, but TV shows across the board are down–nice try through. Bet Michael Weatherley would love to give up starring in his own successful show to playing second banana again to please a certain crazed fan group. SMDH

• Growuppeople says:

Lmao- NCIS is still the most watched drama on TV averaging about 20 million viewers a week. This does not include numbers for alternate means of watching the show. E.g. CBS All access. All TV shows are down. I just witnessed a nasty group of “Tiva” people on Social Media excited for the show’s demise because they didn’t get what they wanted. Good grief.

• Seun Fayiga says:

Its turning into a failure? What sort of statement is that. A show in its 14th season and already renewed for 15th season?
      Pls don’t be ridiculous. It always had to come down at some point.
      In no way is this show a failure or collapsing into one

5. TDXI says:

Of course NCIS is down the new characters are killing it. They need to go.

6. StillLoveTheShow says:

NCIS needs help. The new members are not working. The team does not seem like a team. Something positive needs to happen to make this more interesting. Not saying the new cast members can’t work in the long run, but it is not working the way it is now.

7. GraceM says:

I stopped watching The Flash this season and looks like a lot of other people did too. It’s not the same that it was when it originally started. I dropped Arrow last year and couldn’t get into Legends. I just stick with Supergirl.