America's Next Top Model Tyra Banks

America's Next Top Model: Tyra Banks Returning as Host, Replacing Rita Ora

Tyra Banks is now in the running to become America’s top host.

Just days after NBC announced that Banks will replace Nick Cannon as the host of America’s Got Talent, VH1 on Thursday revealed that she will also return to her former perch, replacing Rita Ora as the host of America’s Next Top Model for its upcoming 24th cycle.

“Tyra has always been the heart and soul of the franchise and her absence was deeply felt by our fiercely loyal fans who missed their Queen of the Smize,” executive producer Ken Mok says in a statement. “We’d like to thank Rita Ora for being a great partner and total pro. She infused this new iteration of ANTM with passion and creativity and we wish her nothing but the best in her future endeavors.”

Banks hosted the first 22 cycles of Top Model, which aired on UPN from 2003 to 2006, then on The CW from 2006 to 2015. Ora was named the new host when the show was picked up for additional seasons on VH1 in 2016. New panelists will be announced at a later date.

Shortly after news of Banks’ return broke, she tweeted the following message to Ora:

Top Model Nation, are you glad to have the “Queen of the Smize” back on her throne? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. So glad to hear this.I liked Rita and Ashely but missed Tyra,it wasn’t the same without her.
    When it did get renewed?I heard they were casting for another cycle and that there was talk about it moving to MTV but saw no official renewal news.Hope Ashley returns.

2. Christian says:

This show is tired. Just let it go already.

• David Hess says:

On behalf of fans still watching, no don’t let it go. I’ll never understand why people say a show should end because they themselves don’t want to watch anymore. I still watch and willcontinue to do so and enjoy it for as long as I can.

3. A. Johnson says:

Kind of wondering what happened to Tyra’s career.

4. martina says:

Went from hating Rita Ora to slighly liking her for nothing then? Ugh. Tyra’s appearance on the final episode of this cycle reminded me why her parting ways was refreshing for the show. Godspeed Rita, hopefully your music career can finally take off.

5. CP says:

🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾

6. Amber says:

This cycle was the first one that really felt like a search for a real model and not just a reality shows. Guess it’s back to the cheap stunts and gimmicks.

7. Desiree says:

Even though I’m totally over Tyra Banks and all her gimmicky nonsense, Rita Ora was a snooze fest. She always looked and sounded so incredibly bored.

8. Phillip says:

Thank GOD! Rita Ora was terrible. Now can the rest of this seasons’ judges leave as well?!

9. I can start watching again. I don’t understand who thought it was a good idea to have ANTM America be hosted by someone who wasn’t Tyra Banks.

10. Aubrey says:

Seems to me like they did this (“this” being getting an entirely new panel and slightly revamping the show to it’s original format) just to see if the revival would be a success and it worked now they’re bringing back Tyra to carry on with the show as host yet again. It’s kinda smart and I will say I’ll miss Rita a little, but this is for the best.

Maybe now Miss J, Jay Alexander and Nigel Barker will be onboard to come back as well.

11. Jimmy says:

Bring back Nigel Barker!!!

12. HelenaB says:

Please keep Drew Elliot! He was amazing – a judge who actually gave constructive criticism that if taken made the model better each and every time.

13. Shay says:

I LOVE tyra banks.. i was heart broken when she left.. it wasnt the same.. now i am SOhappy she is back… SHOW THEM TYRA.. who is boss

14. Erika Ann Martinez says:

I’m Oprah’s age, but I’ve almost never missed an episode of ANtM. Rita was good, but it’s your baby. You should never abandon your baby. Congrats. on becoming a momm