Legion Renewed for Season 2

Legion Renewed for Season 2 at FX

Some X-cellent news for the mutant community (and beyond): FX has renewed Legion for a second season.

The X-Men-esque saga — from Fargo auteur Noah Hawley — premiered last month to rapturous reviews and 1.6 million total viewers/0.7 demo rating (it has since settled in at a bit more than half that). At last tally, it was enjoying a 150 percent demo bump via Live+3 DVR playback.

An FX rep says Season 2’s episode count remains TBD. The eight-episode first season concludes March 29.

“The first season of Legion was a stunning achievement,” gushed Eric Schrier, President of Original Programming for FX, in a statement. “More than a new series, Legion is a wholly original take on the super hero genre. Our thanks to Noah Hawley for taking the creative risks and shattering expectations. It’s a privilege to work again with Noah, his producing partners, the outstanding cast and our partners at Marvel Television on another season of Legion.”

1. Dan says:

Easily one of the most disappointing shows I’ve ever watched. I can do slow and complicated at different turns, and even love some shows for it, but this one is just unbelievable. There is no story whatsoever, and every episode is a self-satisfying acid trip with recurring motifs with no beginning or end. Absolute drivel.

• Xyz says:

I think they are trying the avoid the tropes style. Kids love that!

• Wrstlgirl says:

Glad I’m not the only one. I just thought I was to stupid to watch it but I keep watching anyway.

• J.B. says:

I kind of feel the same way. Can’t tell if I continue to watch it because I think think it will pick up or just to see how silly things will get.

• Nathan says:

It’s been like 4 episodes….

• Sosna Usual says:

By the end of the fifth episode pretty much all the confusing stuff that happened prior becomes clear.

• Wrstlgirl says:

I will admit that last week’s episode did clear up a few things but I’m still confused as heck. I have no idea what’s going on. Like for instance. Is that weird chick with the short dark hair, who’s always doing drugs with David just in his head? See I don’t even know her name, lol.

• J.B. says:

Her name is Lenny. She’s just another manifestation of the Shadow King, the parasite living in David’s mind.

• Wrstlgirl says:

That’s right, Lenny. Thanks for confirming that what I thought was correct. I wasn’t sure.

• Ge Someone says:

Just when you think it’s clearing up, there is episode 6 and you start all over again.

• AngelWasHere says:

You summed up my feelings about this show. I hate being negative about it since I love X-men, but it’s too damn weird and convoluted.

• Gern Blanston says:

The story is there. You just have to get to episode 5, the last new episode, before it starts to become clear what the story is. Out of the first four episodes I would estimate that about half of each episode actually relates to the story and the other half is the acid trip that you describe. But, even those parts mean something. It just takes a while to figure out what it is. I had to miss the last three episodes so, they piled up on the DVR and I watched them in a row. Maybe that helped me enjoy it more since I didn’t have to wait as long to get some semblance of an answer as to what was going on.

• tvloverSA says:

Couldn’t have said it any better myself they are striving for originality do much that they have lost the essence of a good comic show….its like watching high schoolers creating inception totally awful…..I really hope for the genre’s survival that it becomes bearable.

• retsim says:

Have to agree ,it seems to go round and round and not explaining anything .Seems like they are making it up as they go .

2. Brian says:

There was no doubt that it wasn’t going to get renewed.

3. Todd says:

I love this series and am glad it got renewed.

4. Quinten says:

I really really don’t understand the confusion with this show. It’s all very clear at this point. Just gotta pay attention

5. Joey Padron says:

Happy about the renewal news for the show! Loving the show so far. Hope they’ll get 10 episodes for season 2.

6. Raftrap says:

Favorite show right now, thanks FX

7. abs says:

I like the show, but yes it does need to move the plot forward a bit. And it’s a shorter season. They can’t just spend every episode showing just how twisted everything in David’s head. I think we get after multiple episodes. I love Dan Stevens so I will still continue to watch. The ending of last episode was pretty crazy.
    I think I saw a video where the creator was describing how they do the cinematography (e.g., everything shattering when David was in the kitchen) and he said something like “I don’t need you to understand everything that’s going on, I need you to experience/feel it”. I guess I’m gonna continue to take that advice for now and hopefully things will pick up a bit. I do feel like there is a lot of potential for a great story here, they just have to move on from all the trippy weird stuff a bit.

8. fiberlicious says:

This show is crazypants. I want to believe!

9. BlueMonday says:

After episode 7 and 8 everything began to make sense a little. There was alot of unanswered questions and loop holes with it eventually tying it together. I’m so excited that Jermaine Clement has joined the cast too it really gave his scene during the black and white vintage shot even more awesome.

10. brosis says: