Amazing Race 29 Cast Strangers

Amazing Race Season 29 Cast: Meet the 22 Strangers Who Will Pair Up as Teams

The lonnnnnng-awaited 29th running of CBS’ The Amazing Race promises “a race unlike any before,” as 22 complete strangers meet for the first time on the starting line and then promptly must pair up as teams.

Before the Race gets underway, Racers will compete in a challenge that determines the order for picking a teammate, based on nothing but first impressions. The pairs then have mere moments to learn so much as each other’s name before beginning a trot around the world that will span nine countries, 17 cities and 36,000 miles — starting with Panama City and including Norway, Tanzania and the Corinth Canal in Greece.

“For years, the Amazing Race fans have suggested we line up complete strangers and match them up at the starting line to see what would happen,” Phil Keoghan, host of the 10-time Emmy-winning reality series, said in a statement. “These newbie racers begin with no pre-existing relationships or emotional baggage, and the excitement of traveling around the world to complete dozens of gut-busting, mind-blowing challenges quickly ignites tension.”

The Amazing Race Season 29 premieres on a new day and time — Thursday, March 30, at 10/9c. Click through the gallery above (or here for direct access) to learn a bit about the 22 strangers that will form 11 teams.

1. That STINKS says:

Not sure what to think of this format. Reminds me of the season of blind dates. There’s something to be said about having a preexisting relationship with someone and using that relationship to get through the race. Going into this with some random without understanding who they are and what they can bring to the table would be the demise of many pairs. So this game is more about chance … chance that first impressions get you to the end.

• That STINKS says:

BTW, this obviously skews to a younger group, eliminating teams like the Bowling Moms, The Circus Clowns and Parent/Child teams …

2. Eric says:

Moving away from the horrible Friday time slot to Thursday at 10pm isn’t much better.

3. TW says:

Hmmm. I’m happy TAR is back but skeptical in the format of forming teams with partners who are not connected in some way. The blind date season was by far the worst, except maybe for the family edition. I’ll watch, but I’m not sure I’ll enjoy it as much as I normally do.

4. DebG says:

FINALLY!

5. Blah says:

Oh yay, a month earlier than expected! I wonder why they moved it up, but I’m so excited :)

6. AngelWasHere says:

Aw no weirdos or regular joes. Blah. Looks boring and sounds like a recipe for disaster like the blind date season. Not excited.

7. Ben says:

I’m sad that this is what’s become of the Amazing Race. Just go back to 11 teams with pre-existing relationships!

8. Danny says:

All stranger teams? Don’t have a good feeling about this.

9. Ray says:

Too much format tinkering, but I will reserve judgement until after watching a couple of episodes.

10. twinkledot212 says:

I’m trying to remain open-minded, because I have missed Phil and TAR, but I’m feeling a bit underwhelmed by this. This may be because I’ve been recently binge watching the old seasons on Amazon where I feel there were really memorable racers (Danny & Oswald, Globetrotters, Cowboys, Flo & Zach, the Hippies, etc.). I just don’t find anything compelling or interesting about this year’s racers. I’m willing to give it a few episodes though b/c lord knows this has to be better than that Blind Date mess, right?