Jim Caviezel Cast CBS Navy SEALs Drama Pilot Jason

Person of Interest's Jim Caviezel to Star in CBS' Navy SEAL Drama Pilot

Jim Caviezel is coming back to CBS to play another military man.

The Person of Interest star has signed on to play the lead role in the network’s untitled Navy SEAL drama pilot, our sister site Variety is reporting. Caviezel will play Jason, the respected leader of a team of elite SEALs who’s been through more than a dozen deployments.

He joins a number of familiar faces already cast in the pilot, including Max Thieriot (Bates Motel), A.J. Buckley (Justified, Supernatural) and Neil Brown Jr. (Suits, Insecure) — all of whom play SEALs in Jason’s unit. Justified alum Ben Cavell wrote the pilot, and will serve as an executive producer on the project, should it get picked up to series.

Caviezel’s casting is a homecoming of sorts for the actor: Last June, he wrapped up five seasons as former Green Beret/CIA operative John Reese on CBS’ high-tech crime drama Person of Interest. Perhaps still best known for playing Jesus in Mel Gibson’s 2004 film The Passion of the Christ, Caviezel also starred in AMC’s 2009 miniseries remake of The Prisoner.

Are you excited to see Reese back on the small screen? Drop your thoughts in a comment below.

1. Carlos Lee says:

I wonder how this show will be different from “Six”?

2. cej says:

Count me in!

3. DACK says:

Not a great fan of the procedural format but absolutely LOVED, LOVED Person of Interest and Jim Caviezel as John Reese (and Michael Emerson as Finch) made the show outstanding viewing. I will definitely watch anything with Jim Caviezel – big fan and eagerly await this new drama. Also, Sounds like a perfect fit as he has often expressed great respect over the years for the Navy Seals – fun fact – he was trained by them for the movie he was in GI Jane with Demi Moore and Viggo Mortensen. Looking very much forward to this series.

4. Jennifer says:

I wasn’t interested in this … Now? May have to give it a shot.

5. Longmire4ever says:

Will definitely be watching. Still missing POI. I totally loved him as Reese, the Man in the Suit😀

6. Cheryl says:

Excited to hear he’s coming back to us! Miss POI like crazy! But, I hope the series has more content than guys running with guns, ect.

7. tjchurch2001 says:

As a HUGE fan of “Person Of Interest” (though I’ve never seen “Passion”, I was aware of it, & especially enjoyed reminding myself it was “Jesus” beating-up & shooting at people), I like this.

Weird part is I’ve watched a lot of “Suits” & “Supernatural”, but recognize none of the other names.

Idea: Guest appearance by former SEAL Sams: Hanna or Axe.

• Normandy says:

A.J. Buckley should’ve been credited with CSI: NY in this article, seeing as how he was in well over 100 episodes of that show. He was one of the Ghostfacers in Supernatural.

8. Lel88lel88 says:

Good to hear.. really miss POI.

9. Izzy says:

He will always be the Count of Monte Cristo to me (beside John Reese). Now if only Dagmara Dominczyk plays his wife then it would be perfect ;-)

10. sunshine says:

Love Jim C, just hope this isn’t too violent.

11. kirads09 says:

YES, YES 1000X YES

12. PatriciaLee says:

The husband say, “He’ll be good at it.” I’m a sci-fi fan, so I want Person of Interest TV movies! I know Reese is not dead!

13. hank ronson says:

team machine for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Nancy Caress says:

Huge Jim Caviezel fan. Hope the series gets picked up and that his character will be one that allows him to show his range as an actor.

15. Angelfan says:

Hope it’s good but would prefer to see Person of Interest make a comeback or a spin off

16. Sarah D says:

Hooyah! Will be good to have him back on screen.

17. TDXI says:

I’m still hoping the last episode of POI was just another simulation…….

18. Louise says:

Absolutely! I miss Person of Interest and all the characters. It will be great to see Jim Caviezel in this new series and hoping its as addictive as POI.

19. Markus says:

Great… Missed him

20. Natalie says:

Excellent actor. Will watch anything he is in

21. Cindy says:

Excited to see Jim back. Just watched his “Count of Monte Cristo” and loved it. I really enjoyed him in “Person of Interest” and didn’t want the series to end. So finally; Welcome back to Jim.

22. Kathleen says:

Ive like him and started to follow him since I saw him in Angel Eyes movie. He was great. Just wished he had to have looked after someone else besides J Lo. Seems everyone was talking about her in the movie and Jim was well not well mentioned.

• tjchurch2001 says:

Agree, but also have idea for reasoning… I have still never seen either, “Eyes” due to J-Lo getting top billing over guy who played Jesus in Gibson’s “Passion” film. (Makes no sense!) I think maybe that was some re-working of script before/during filming, etc. for/by J-Lo due to her being bigger overall star at the time.

23. V galliart says:

We are huge Jim Caviezel fan’s in our household. We are excited that he will be back soon. We have really missed Person of Interest and are really looking forward to his new show!

• DACK says:

Totally agree (huge JC fans in our household as well). We need to rally and show support so that CBS picks up the pilot. I think they did wrong by Person of Interest – let’s hope they do right by this show (they seem to prefer that genre) and after all, JC was nominated twice at the People’s Choice awards when he was on POI which says a lot – he ( not to discount ME and TPH fans who are in the millions as well) brought in millions of fans for that show

24. Fredy says:

Yaah,,but how i wish person of interest to rise from the dead one more season

• kat says:

i do too. dont know if only one season would do for me. it was such an excellent show. never missed an episode. i catch a rerun when i can.

25. kat says:

miss poi greatly, was a great show. sooooo glad to see that jim will be back on tv again. yeah!!! can’t wait.

26. Cindy cross says:

Yes can’t wait to see his new show

27. Ann Corey says:

I hope it’s a good show and gets picked up by CBS. I miss seeing Jim on TV.

28. Amy Gowan says:

Excited to see Mr. Caviezel is back. I hated that POI ended as it was the best TV drama I’ve ever watched. For me, the bar is high to compare to his character John Reese, but I know he will bring depth and complexity to any role he plays. Can’t wait to see the pilot

29. Deb says:

Love Jim Caviezel! It is phenomenal all he endured during the filming of The Passion in real life and finished the movie. POI was great also. The humor combined with the intense reality of what they were trying to accomplish with the machine was priceless. I still watch reruns with my husband!!

30. Karen says:

Always happy to see James Caviezel in anything because he demonstrates such range as an actor. He is so talented.

31. Kay Wylie McPherson says:

I am so happy Jim Caviezel who happens to be from my hometown is coming back to TV in a new series.

• preta4 says:

Kay Wylie McPherson, I agree with you but very sadly for Jim, this has ended before it could even get off the ground. I diffently WON’T be watching this one.

32. preta4 says:

Well ladies and gentlemen it seems Caviezel has already been screwed out of this role, and David Boreanez is now front and center as his replacement.
    Well, since Caviezel KNOWS more about the SEALS, and has interaction with them as well I’m “passing” on this series, and will catch up with Caviezel wherever he ends up next.
    P.S. “creative differences”, sure Caviezel has the better input and could really launch this series, but I could just imagine what “they’re” looking to do here.