Once Upon a Time Season 6 Tougher Than the Rest

Once Upon a Time Shake-Up: 4 Vets in Talks to Return for Possible Season 7

Some Storybrooke residents are renewing their lease — and some might not be.

Once Upon a Time stars Jennifer Morrison, Lana Parrilla, Robert Carlyle and Colin O’Donoghue are currently in negotiations to extend their contracts for a potential Season 7, TVLine has learned.

Morrison, Parrilla and Carlyle have been with the series since its premiere; O’Donoghue joined the ensemble in early Season 2.

The status of cast members Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas, Emilie de Ravin and Jared Gilmore — all of whom also have expiring contracts — is to be determined.

The shake-up, sources say, is largely creative-driven (in keeping with recent reports of a Season 7 “reset“) versus a Castle-like cost-cutting measure. As part of the tweaked creative direction, two new characters/potential series regulars have been cast to appear in the May finale: Andrew J. West (The Walking Dead) will play a “strong yet vulnerable” leading man who was once optimistic but now is a cynical recluse, while Alison Fernandez (Jane the Virgin) will appear as a precocious 10-year-old with a “constant twinkle of mischief in her eye.”

Having heard from series creators Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis some “interesting” potential ideas for the future, ABC entertainment president Channing Dungey said in January, “Regardless of what we decide to do … I think [Adam and Eddy] would put a little bit of a bow here” — what she later called “closure in this particular narrative” — “and then there is a ‘next piece’ that comes after that. So they are trying to figure out what that [next piece] is and how that works.”

Once debuted in fall of 2011 as one of that TV season’s highest-rated launches, but the fantasy drama’s numbers have steadily waned over the years, with this past Sunday’s Season 6B opener hitting series lows of 3 million viewers and a 0.9 demo rating.

1. Mike Lucas says:

RENEW COLIN AND JMO

I DON’T CARE ABOUT THE OTHERS!

• whyisouatstillathing says:

no wonder the show is dead

• SallyAnne says:

Agreed. Making this the captain swan show was what killed it. That and outlaw queen. Both were ratings disasters.

They should have stuck with what worked in season 1 – Emma, Snow, Regina, Rumple. Making your twl main ladies brainless idiots in their unconvincing “romances” was hilarious to watch, it was so badly written and acted. No wonder audiences ran away. Emma swan died for me at teh end of seaosn 1, and Regina mid season 2.

Focusing on Hook for season 7 will be a death warrant.

• Nicky Aiuto says:

Yeah and Snowing seemed to be the only ones who boosted numbers of some episodes such as Labor of Love ep (with Snow and Hercules) and Heartless ep.

• Val says:

@SallyAnne Well we know who the dimwits are who write crap comments like this. fanon ship, dead ship of a character. bully or a troll.

• Neal&EmmaFOREVER says:

@SallyAnne Neal & Emma always had a chemistry between them, they had history, they really looked like your ordinary couple with ups & downs but sadly those two creators of the show decided to cater to shippers so things turned out the way they are.

• Writting Neal/Baelfire off was such a disaster from a narrative standpoint. It seemed the showrunners forgot he wasn’t just Emma’s LI and Henry’s bio dad but RUMPELSTILSKIN’S SON, you know, just the very reason for half of the show storylines to exist? They spent so much time building and setting up all kind or potential arcs around him just to brush it off when Hook proved more popular… why should anyone invest time on these character when their creators obviously care so little?

• SallyAnne says:

I felt sorry for MRJ – he and his character got shafted and sacrificed at the alter of captain hook and captain swan.

• Mark says:

exactly written for the various navies now for that rating the story went out the window at season three

• Brandon says:

I’m not trying to be mean but this is what fanfiction is for. A TV show in order to survive needs a good story and great cast. With this mentality the show is doomed.

• ninergrl6 says:

I agree Mike!

• Mariah says:

I love reading comments sections of fandoms that I’m not a part of OR of popular shows I do not watch, OUAT being one of them..watched maybe 5 episodes in total of OUAT and it just wasn’t for me. But I never miss articles with OUAT scoop because the comment section is always gold..and this thread did not disappoint. Very thin line between passionate & good ‘ol rabid fans, lol

2. David Hess says:

What about Rebecca Mader?

3. Butch says:

Hope it gets a 7th season.

4. Val says:

For me Emma is the show, her character and journey and being the protagonist. So i hope she is still in it, and as well as her happy ending & family meaning parents, Henry and Hook.

• Nicky Aiuto says:

Except for a fact that not all of them would make it. Especially if it was the possible murderor of Papa Charming.

• David Hess says:

I guess this means she won’t die, (for now).

• Bri says:

For me, Snow and Charming are the show.
      Not Emma/JMo with her loud whispering and the WORST fake hand tremors ever.

I was just thinking why I enjoyed more the earlier seasons: because Snow was featured more. Emma drama gets so boring.

5. Michelle says:

Thank god. I need JMo and Colin to keep watching this show.

• SallyAnne says:

That’s what killed the show.

• Val says:

No ppl like you are killing the show sallyanne, making silly comments

• JusticeforMaleficent&Lilly says:

Nope, SallyAnne is right & you’re the one who’s acting all so silly, if the show stayed on it’s true course & kept Neal & Emma together by also making that monster Regina pays for her monstrosities, the plot would be more serious & beliveable, also they’ve definitely shot themselves into a foot when they decided to make Zelena soft & how she was always ”a good soul” (by making that she & Regina always knew each other), it really sucked & killed Zelena’s persona. It’s been long overdue for rightful cancellation!

p.S. MALEFICIENT & LILLY ARE STILL LEFT ASIDE!!!

• Nicky Aiuto says:

Maleficent and Lily are not the only ones left aside. There are others such as:

Red, Granny, 7 Dwarfs, Jiminy Cricket, Pinocchio, Geppetto, Blue, Tink, Nova, Dr. Frankenstein & his brother, Pongo, Princess Abigail, Frederick, Cinderella, Prince Thomas, Clorinda, Jacob, Sir Maurice, Hansel & Gretel & their father, Jefferson, Grace, Aurora, Phillip, Mulan, Lancelot, Guinevere, Anton, The Dragon, Ariel, Eric, Dorothy, Toto, Glinda, The Scarecrow, Tin Man (who we might see), the Cowardly Lion (who we might see soon), Rapunzel, Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Merida, Violet, Sir Morgan, Nicodemus the horse, Aladdin, Jasmine, Magic Mirror/Sydney Glass, King George, Bo Peep, That brainless oaf Isaac Heller, Jafar, Lady Tremaine, the Black Knights & the Flying Monkeys.

• abz says:

@Nicky: All you are doing is listing characters who have been on the show. Sure, some would be great to get follow ups on (e.g., Maleficent/Lily, Ruby, Mulan, etc.), others would be nice to see what they’re up to, but not 100% necessary at the moment (e.g., Jefferson [highly unlikely], Elsa, Anna, Ariel, Eric, etc.), but the majority of the characters you’ve listed are unnecessary (Hansel & Gretel, Abigail, the King Arthur characters, Bo Peep, etc?). There are no reason for any of these characters to return and since you’re so concerned with what the entire general audience cares about, I highly doubt many people would care that much if they are seen again or not. One of the biggest complaints I’ve seen from people over this show, is the addition of new characters or constantly having/bringing on too many characters who will take away from the core characters.

• John says:

Like all shows it needs to have its handful of strong core characters with well developed personalities. Then other characters move in & out playing off, & interacting with that core group, complimenting & further developing their characters….

• GM says:

pretty sure commenting on an article can’t kill any shows.

• SallyAnne says:

You are right.

Ratings falling by 40% each season and current ratings of 0.9 (worst ever in the series history) will kill the show.

Not comments on a show review site.

• GM says:

Argree with you 100%, SallyAnne. And considering the effort to make CS the “main couple” and CO’D the “leading man” for the last three seasons, well, that can’t be EXCUSED as a reason for the collapse of the ratings. Desperate online stans just don’t reflect the general audience, who didn’t sign up for the Once Upon a Hook.

• SallyAnne says:

How am I wrong? Since they turned this into the captain swan show, the ratings have tanked. His only function on the show is to be emma’s boyfriend. And not a very good one at that. Their story is like a poster child for an abusive relationship. And now they are getting married after like less than 6 months. After the way he’s treated her, and how their relationship began? Even on this show, that’s absurd.

I still remember his appearance where he said he wanted to stick it in her. And that other time he called her dried up. Or what about that time he forced himself on her on New York. I don’t let my daughters watch this show any more because of how it treats its lady characters. I tell them Hook is the sort of man you want to avoid – not worship just cause he’s pretty. They will walk all over you. I feel so sorry for Emma. It’s like she’s been brainwashed.

Regina’s story is much the same. She is desperate and needy, every time ‘happiness’ is dangled in front to her. They wrote her as forgetting about her son, all so she could chase after hood. That great guy who cheated n his wife and family, had a baby with another woman, and now they’ve conveniently whitewashed in wish world, because he was so hated by the audience. In general the show treats it’s female characters terribly.

The show is terrible. It sends terrible messages, and the audience has spoken via the ratings. Cancel it. Very few will miss it, or even care.

• abz says:

How is the way Captain Swan started their relationship any different from Rumbelle (a relationship that is beloved by many fans)? Rumple basically enslaved Belle and took her away from her family. You see to be under the impression that we are dealing with ordinary human characters on this show. This is a fantasy show with characters who are evil and magical VILLAINS. What, do you actually expect them not to have done or said terrible things?

“His only function is to be Emma’s boyfriend”……well, by that logic any love interest the show has for Emma would just be her boyfriend and that would mean they are worthless to you. Do you consider David to just be Snow’s husband and serving no other purpose? Is Emma’s love interest not allowed to actually be a part of her life? Do you want her to remain alone?

Hook has done terrible things as has the majority of characters on this show have, but really if we can’t accept that, then there would be nearly zero characters to root for and no room for character development. Hook has changed significantly from the person he was when he was first brought on. He’s worked hard at trying to be good and doing the right thing and caring for Emma and her loved ones. And Emma is a tough woman who can stand up for herself and she can see the change in Hook. She can see his efforts at being better and can see how much he loves her. If she didn’t want to be with him she wouldn’t be and is strong enough to walk away.

And this show was never for children. So sick of people talking about this being a family show. The very second episode had an evil queen murdering her own father to enact a curse and then a few episodes later murdering her boy toy sheriff that she was controlling and using as a sex slave. Not to mention the violence, kidnapping, beheading (remember the mad hatter), adultery, mass killings, theft, etc? How exactly are these themes and plots suitable for children?

• ninergrl6 says:

I agree Michelle.

6. Jose says:

Keep emma and rumple…… dont care about the others.

• Nicky Aiuto says:

Don’t forget People like Snowing. Because Adam already confirmed that Snow is the heart of the show. Not to mention that it began with her, Charming and their friends like the 7 dwarfs, Red/Granny, Blue, Jiminy Cricket, & Pinocchio/Geppetto.

• T.W.S.S. says:

It might have begun with them, but those characters have long faded into the background (and have disappeared altogether). It wouldn’t be surprising if the Charmings joined their friends in off-screenville.

• Nicky Aiuto says:

The only reason they seem to be in the background from s4 to 5 was most likely because of Ginnifer’s pregnancy or something. But now that she seems to have lost her baby weight (as seen in the recent award ceremony), she and Josh will most likely be back in action. And already they (mostly Josh now when his character will find out who was the murderor of his father Robert) are getting screen time in 6B (like what we will see in the next episode and the journey of being free from the twisted sleeping curse).

And in case you did not read or learn this T.W.S.S., Josh hinted at the award ceremony that he and Ginny still seem like they love to continue on the show.

• sunshine says:

Lana Parrilla is the best actress on the show, make some episodes around her and watch the ratings go up. She goes from evil to sweet with a blink and you can do stories like crazy with that kind of talent.

7. Um, WHAT? Of course I want Bobby to return, but dumping Emilie? I’m crying

8. abs says:

I’d honestly be okay with this. Snow/Charming are quite boring. I won’t miss them entirely. Maybe they should be recurring. Henry is annoying/uninteresting, and I don’t want to pick on a young kid, but his acting is terrible. Belle started out a complete bore, then I started liking her a bit when she started to stand up for herself and pushed Rumple over the line, but then every time I find myself becoming okay with Belle and her standing up to Rumple, the writers keep making her fall for his tricks once again. I’ve gotten tired of it and tired of Rumple
    Part of me will always love this show, even with its many flaws. I am a bit intrigued by this whole reset idea. I wonder what they’ve come up with and how they’d do it. I think it’ll be the theory that’s been out there of it being an adult Henry.
    Nevertheless, I’ll be annoyed if this is cancelled without a decent ending. I hate what ABC did to Nashville. Hiring new showrunners and continuing the season only to then cancel the show after the cliffhanger finale aired (although the writers should also share the blame for ending it on a cliffhanger without a guarantee of renewal). They should renew OUAT for a final season if they want to end. Full marketing and promotion as the farewell season.
    On a side note, I don’t know when the day will come when I’ll see Disney do a story with two gay princes, but at the very least I’d love to see it happen on OUAT. The Ruby/Dorothy story was a one-off and then just abandoned as I think we all expected. I know it’s wishful thinking, but I think it would be nice.

• Nicky Aiuto says:

You liar. Snow and charming are not boring. Only in your ignorant brain. You forget? They are the heart of the show, just as Adam already informed. I’ll tell you what is really boring, people like Regina and Hook were making people from the GA bored and are losing ratings or viewers for the show. They are not happy with it. The only ones who seem to be boosting numbers are Snowing and Guest stars like Cinderella did this season. And anyway, Hook was hardly seen in action at all, and there seems to be no centric for him in 6B, only people like Emma, Snowing, RumpBelle, Regina, Zelena, Gideon, Black Fairy, Aladdin/Jasmine and most likely Henry (who may get another centric for the finale like the s4 & 5 finales). And the way people like Hook is in now sounds alot like how Robin was treated in the second half of s5 before he was removed.

And remember this. Never forget this. Already the promo with the evil Queen saying something about a final chapter has somehow hinted that a regular or two may not survive this season. And those two new characters that were announced might take his or her place as regulars for next season as hinted.

There are Stories that need to be resolved or may continue like:
      1. Ruby/Dorothy,
      2. Mulan,
      3. Lancelot,
      4. The Search for Lily’s father,
      5. The Feud of Aurora/Phillip & Maleficent,
      6. The Feud between Dorothy & Zelena,
      7. The truth of who killed Graham,
      8. Emma/Lily learning the truth that Isaac was the real culprit and apologize to Snowing,
      9. The Story the feud between Maleficent and Briar Rose,
      10. Who the daughter of the Dragon is,
      11. More friends that Snow made and had connections with (which certainly boosted numbers like the Hercules one),
      12. Red’s return to Storybrooke (who might be accompanied by Dorothy, Toto, Mulan, Lancelot, Ariel, & Eric)

• abz says:

Wow, thanks for the laugh. You’re ridiculous. I’m a liar because I find them boring? WTF? Okay.
        They are boring TO ME. I’ve never been crazy about David. And the David-centric storylines are some of the most boring episodes of the entire show for me. I like Snow at times and I enjoy when she interacts with Emma and Regina, but Snowing bores me.
        I didn’t bring up Hook, but you clearly have no love for the character. But since we’re comparing characters here, I find Hook and Regina to be way more interesting than Snowing especially at this point in the show.
        Also not sure why you listed all those plot points, but to me, only a handful of those I’d like to see played out including Lily’s father, Maleficent, Ruby’s return, the truth about Graham’s death. The rest I don’t really care much. Does anyone really care about Lancelot, and I think we’ve had enough of Snow’s friend’s connection after six season. We get it. She knows pretty much everyone in the Enchanted Forest. I don’t think we need any more Snow or Charming flashbacks to be honest after 6 seasons.

• Nicky Aiuto says:

Look who is the one being ridiculous here. This is not a joke and there is nothing to laugh about. I’m serious. It might be boring to you, but you are not right about it at all. You were talking nonsense there. Apparently from the higher numbers boosted from some of their ep centrics, GA seems to highly disagree with you on that one.

You may not want more Snowing flashbacks, but the GA and other viewrs seem to.

Does anyone really care about Lancelot? Of there are some who do. See, what you are asking was nonsense there . Snow’s friend’s connection eps boosed numbers (such as the Hercules ep). And it went higher than the previous ep. That’s proof that the GA and most viewers enjoy as well. And Already Jasmine was on the list.

Suit yourself on that hoax belief. But if that is what the GA wants by seeing more focus on them, get over it and get use to it.

• abz says:

I’m talking nonsense? You seriously need to take a chill pill. This is a TV show and this is my opinion. What bores me may not bore others and vice versa. Can you please put on your big girl pants and act like a grown-up?
            And unlike you, I don’t need to like something just because the general audience (is it that hard to type out those two words?) likes it. And the audience for this show extends far beyond the Nielsen TV ratings.

• iHeart says:

what do you mean who killed Graham? didn’t Regina squeeze his heart?

• jj says:

Yes she did. Nicky seems to have some issues.

• Nicky Aiuto says:

Wrong jj. It was nothing about issues. You don’t what you’re talking about. And I didn’t question who killed Graham. It was a saying that Emma needs to know the truth of what really happened to Graham and who murdered him (Regina). You are mistaken and read wrong.

• abz says:

I think what she meant was that it hasn’t been openly discussed with others that Regina killed Graham. If I’m correct, I think they all know how he died, but I don’t think Regina has admitted to it in public or apologized for it.

• Nicky Aiuto says:

They all seem to know he is dead, but they don’t know how. Regina lied about. And I am not a she abz.

• jj says:

I like Snow and Charming, but you need to relax. You can’t call someone a liar because they have a different opinion than you. Your opinions are not facts. It’s important to know the difference.

• Nicky Aiuto says:

The problem is when they make an opinion, they sometimes make sound like it is a fact, when it is not. And I wasn’t making opinions here only from your mouth. What I was pointing out here are not all opinions for your information. They were more like hints and a bit of information here.

• Nicky Aiuto says:

And what said about me having issues was not true at all. That is a fact here. And what you’re saying about opionions here, that goes for you too.

• Whackjob says:

LMAO

Get out of your parents basement,kiddo.

• iHeart says:

it should just get one more season, people are probably not going to be happy that not all of their faves have been covered. I mean I want to see if they’ll cover Princess and the Frog or Moana before it ends. As long as there is a happily ever after for everyone I’m good. Hey at least Nashville got saved, even though the direction they have recently gone is not a very happy one I will admit

• abz says:

Oh I’d love to see them do the Princess and the Frog and I just recently saw Moana and it was pretty entertaining, but probably too recent. Remember how many crybabies whined about the show doing Frozen which wasn’t even that bad of an arc (I enjoyed learning about Emma’s history and having Elizabeth Mitchell on the show). They kept complaining that it was too soon blah blah blah.
        I’d also love to get a follow up on Anastasia the Red Queen from the Wonderland spinoff. The writers completely failed when the brought Will/the Knave on the show and then just dropped his storyline.

And yeah I think it should get a final farewell season to wrap things up.

• amarie says:

Nashville got picked up by CMT and is also on Hulu now. The story continues and you can see what happens post the cliffhanger on ABC.

• abz says:

Yeah, I’m aware of that. My point was that there was a period of time between the cancellation and the CMT pickup where the show was up in the air. Nashville got lucky but other shows aren’t always so lucky (see Devious Maids for a recent example). I like when networks give long-running shows advanced notice of cancellation and allows them enough time to wrap things up which ABC didn’t do in Nashville’s case. Hopefully, OUAT will be renewed for a final farewell season with the possibility of renewal still available in the event that this new reset breathes new life to the show and improves the ratings.

• ninergrl6 says:

I’m with you abz. IMO Snow and Charming have always been boring & I wouldn’t miss them.

9. Greg says:

As long as Jennifer and Colin are in it, I am too. They’re the reason why I still watch the show!

10. SallyAnne says:

Cancel this train wreck. It’s embarrassingly bad.

• jj says:

nobody forcing you to watch it.

• SallyAnne says:

Well, based on ratings, barely anyone is watching it. This is a show that had almost 21 million viewers in S1. Then it became the captain hook show.

ABC is a company. They want a show that rates. This show doesn’t. It rates horribly. It should be cancelled, and replaced with something better. TBH it should have been cancelled several seasons back.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Fact check: ONCE’s biggest audience ever appears to be series premiere ~13 million (in Live+Same Day/what matters).

• SallyAnne says:

So, it was worse than I thought. That’s…… good?

“what matters”

Hmmm. Well, what actually matters is the current ratings. 0.9 I believe the current episode was? Which is, however you want to spin it, really bad. And we now consistently we see the headline, ‘worst ratings in shows history yet.” or some variation on that.

Ratings have become worse and worse every season. The real magic is how A&E have somehow managed to convince ABC to not cancel this show several seasons back already.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Yeah, I’m familiar with current ratings. I’m writing those headlines. I was just clarifying the fuzzy math on “21 million viewers.”

• abz says:

Please explain how it has become the Captain Hook Show. The bitterness that continues since Hook was brought on is astounding. He is Emma’s partner/love interest. To expect him not to play a significant role on the show and in her life is just stupid. It’s like expecting that David should get much screen time even though he’s Snow’s husband.
          And Hook was barely a presence in the last episode and yet people like you still complain and exaggerate saying it has become The Captain Hook Show. I don’t get it. After four and a half seasons with Hook, aren’t you tired of bashing this character? Neal is gone, accept that or move on. I personally thought MRJ was terrible in the role half the time. His performance was lazy and felt like he was phoning it in.
          If you thought it should be canceled years ago, then why are you still watching?

• SallyAnne says:

Ratings don’t lie. That’s fact. Since he came on the ratings have tanked.

The relationship is appalling and abusive. He treats Emma so badly. I still recall when he sexually assaulted her in New York. And from day 1 he’s done nothing but degrade and be awful to her, just so he could eventually sleep with her.

And now they’ve whitewashed every bad thing he’s doe to Regina, Henry, Belle, and Emma just is OK with it all. It’s absolutely terrible.

I want Emma with a brain back.

• Nate and Becca says:

Since when this became about trashing actors? OUAT fandom needs to learn to separate fiction from reality, and to admit that the characters don`t do and say things because the actors do them, they do it because the writers write it, if you have complaints about actors phoning it in, maybe you should ask the writers why the writing is that bad. Most than anything else, this is why this show needs to end, because with fandom like this one, they don`t deserve more seasons, in fac they deserve to be cancelled because due to bad ratings. And if they think these 4 characters may bring the show up next season, they are wrong, in fact i thought they were going to revamp the show, guess they changed their minds again, probably everythime they go to the bathsoom, but then i guess they are aiming for low ratings next season, but then again, is surprising Bobby wants to stay, not surprising about Lana, JMo i guess she needs to get money to pay her production indie short movies and because she is a great friend that she is able to stay just so that Colin doesn`t loose his job, since without Emma there would be no reason for Hook to stay, unlike the opposite, Emma could go on without hook .

• abz says:

I don’t have to think that every actor out there is perfect. I will agree with you that you can put some blame on the writing but I think it can also be both. Nothing against MRJ as a person, I just was not impressed by his performance for a lot of his arc and I felt like his performance was a bit phoned in. And I didn’t find the chemistry between him and Emma as good what I saw between Emma and Hook. I’m not saying that’s what you have to think, but that’s how I felt watching.
            Same goes for the actor playing Henry. I’m sorry, but I can’t really blame the writing for his acting. Again nothing against him as a person, and he’s young so perhaps he’ll improve, but at this point, the kids acting isn’t great.
            And I don’t think Nielsen ratings are a good indicator of who is still watching the show. People arent watching appointment television much anymore. Many people work, have kids, go to school and watch TV only when they are able to. TV viewing is changing. As with most shows, there are probably way more viewers that watch the show that aren’t among the Nielsen ratings families. And also there seem to be a lot of viewers for this show internationally as well.

• GM says:

Hook is not Emma’s partner–that’s the problem. Emma is subordinate to him. If handing over the Dark One story to him was not enough, just look at this season. The whole “Emma will die!” story is never seen as jeopardy for Emma. It’s never about the fears of her son, parents, and closest friend. Even to Emma herself, the danger is supposed to be “Oh no! She can’t give Hook his happy ending!”

11. iHeart says:

well judging by this article you’re making it sound like Emma will survive her fight with Gid

12. Nicky Aiuto says:

During their recent award ceremony, Josh hinted that he and Ginnifer would love to continue on the show. And Robert already somehow hinted that he might continue because he is thinking about his family first (cause them enjoying life in Vancouver).

• SallyAnne says:

It’s pretty much confirmed that Ginny & Josh are leaving. It’s all over the web – just google it.

• Nicky Aiuto says:

There was no such confirmation of them leaving SalluAnne. It’s all just gossip without proof or evidence. You know that. I for one have been giving info from what they said in the award ceremony several times that proves opposite from your false claim.

• Kevin says:

Robert said that quite a while ago. He has since said he wants to return to Scotland, that it’s time to go home.

13. Paula says:

Renew Jen and Colin, please! They are the ones that keep me interested on the show

14. Grelka says:

Yayyyyy….Good riddance! That Henry has to be one of the worst child actors ever to set foot on tv show/movie, his face is that of an emotionless drone! Also Neal & Emma belong together & that’s a FACT! Bye-bye!

15. jml says:

I would be extremely less interested in the show without Genifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas. I cannot believe they would consider tearing Emma away from her family at this point. Emille de Raven is fantastic, but the writing for her character has not been great for a while. Jared Gilmore’s absence from this list would seem to add validity to the rumor of the new actor playing an adult version of Henry, because it would make sense that they wouldn’t need him if Henry will be aged.

• Nicky Aiuto says:

We saw Belle do great with others such as Snow, Red, & Ariel. Even without Rumple by her side alot since season 2 and 3.

• anon says:

I also can’t imagine how they’d have Emma without her parents, but I also wouldn’t blame Josh and Ginny for wanting to step away. They’re both in Vancouver for a good chunk of the year, they have two young kids who they might want to have a more ‘stable’ childhood and Snowing really hasn’t been utilized that well. I know people will disagree but I really feel like writing for both Snow and Charming has been a lot weaker in the past two seasons and in this one.

• Nicky Aiuto says:

Weaker in your opionion, not for a fact. And one reason why is because of the pregnancy. Now that it is over, Ginnifer would most likely be the girl of action again just like she was as Bandit Snow White from s1 to 3. The only weaker folks that were hardly used for anything at all now are Hook and Zelena, just like Robin last season. And also, Snowing seem to be getting big stories (Sleeping curse and who killed Charming’s father) this season like RumpBelle are with Gideon.

16. Michelle says:

Well get rid of Regina and I’ll personally watch each episode live and several times over…

• Jaissa says:

Me personally Regina’s character is what mostly keeps me watching. A lot of the characters are kind of boring to me.

• SallyAnne says:

She’s the only thing that rates on this show. In fact without her character, this show wouldn’t have lasted as long as it has.

She is the main character basically. Didn’t start that way of course. But she has become that.

• Mary says:

That must be why this season with double and even triple Regina where she gets the most screentime out of anyone the ratings have totally nosedived to a 0.9!

• GM says:

And the first episode to get .9 was a Hook centric with him front and center… (Ratings dropped even more in S5, with Hook’s face on the poster, than they did this season.)

• ninergrl6 says:

I’m with you to a point. I don’t find Regina interesting and REALLY have no desire to see any more Evil Queen nonsense, but I’m not sure I can imagine OUAT without her completely.

17. GM says:

Emilie de Ravin joined the show in the second season, so her contract shouldn’t be expiring, should it? Can’t say I’d miss Emma or Hook; concentrating on their romance has led to most of the retreads of the last two seasons. If NuOUAT is still Once Upon a Hook I expect its ratings to continue to plummet.

18. Nicky Aiuto says:

Matt, you said and believed that Snowing would be gone on twitter. You are most likely dead wrong like you were about the CS adventure thing which never came true. If you really believed that, you would have responded more positively. Well I don’t believe you. And anyway, what Josh interviewed in his and Ginny’s recent award cermony most likely seems to prove you wrong.

• anon says:

Being rude to the guy who gives you scoops and spoilers is always a decent idea

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Wow. Just… wow. (BTW I have no flipping idea what you are talking about re ‘Snowing’/Twitter.)

• Nicky Aiuto says:

People have been saying that you believe they are history soon after you interviewed them in your visit to a studio they worked in. And their was a twitter between you and a Snowing fan that said “I guess this snowing Fan will go in to a corner and cry now.” And you gave a frowing face image as a response to him/her. That’s what. And if this is gossip from them or this is what you believe, what proof?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

What are you and your Twitter follows smoking? Since I have said exactly zero about any of my Wednesday set visit interviews (not even who they were!), how was such a rumor even arrived at…?

• Blake Benny says:

I wouldn’t worry Matt. Nicky is a complete wackadoodle who harasses EVERYONE. Fans, Writers, Cast, Reporters. Completely rude and unnecessary. Needs to be banned to be honest

19. Andrew says:

I honestly wouldn’t mind if they killed of Rumple. “Rumbelle” has been AWFUL for YEARS now. Rumple does nothing but piss me off anymore. Get rid of him!

20. Donnie says:

Gennifer and Josh are for sure leaving — she is a part of an oscar winning movie now. No way she’s staying.

Bobby seems so over it. Has been for a while. So he’s out too.

JMo not coming back, that’s why they cast the new dude to play adult Henry. Jared is a gooner as well.

Colin and Bex have nothing better to do so I guess they are staying? Pretty sure Sean would have clung to this too had his character not been offed.

• Nicky Aiuto says:

Ginniger and Gosh leaving for sure? Not a fact. And you saying she is part of an oscar winning movie now and won’t be staying? Where’s your proof on that?

You don’t know a thing about what is really happening. What you said are not facts. More like wishful thinking.

21. TV Fanatic says:

As long as Lana remains on board, I’ll continue watching! Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Charmings leave – after all they did want to kill David/Charming in the pilot…

• Nicky Aiuto says:

Not accordin to their interview from the recent award winning ceremony TV Fanatic. Josh said they would love to continue on screen which includes OUAT. That is a clue that they are most likely not through.

22. Emor says:

Just. End. It.

23. Nicky Aiuto says:

So what I made a list abz. Don’t be critical on that.

24. KLS says:

Well, as we’ve all learned, just because the actors/actresses have contracts for a new season doesn’t mean there will be a new season. Though with the demise of so many of ABC’s dramas collapsing this year, chances of one more renewal for OUAT are looking pretty good.

25. Jane says:

I just wanted to take a minute to say how fantastic I think you are Matt. Don’t listen to anyone who tells you otherwise! I appreciate all the hard work you put in and scoops you bring. Thank you!

26. I never did care for Hook he’s a wast of air time. This show needs to end this season,I hated season 5!!!

• SallyAnne says:

Most people did. That’s why ratings were so bad. Actually, they were the worst in the shows whole history up until now.

The captain swan wedding should kill it off completely. If we are lucky. I’m picking the back half of this season will get yet more record low ratings.

• John says:

Hook was ok when he was Hook. They’ve now reduced him to this wishy-washy, do-gooder lap dog of swan…

27. t says:

Has anyone thought that when baby gideon was in the land where time is different and he grew up fast might also happen if henry goes there’s for a short time he would be a adult and the last 2 eps would be when it happens so they can bring in the new adult henry I wonder because Gideon acts like the realm he was in is being tortured by black fairy I wonder if they will bring in a character called TIME like on the Disneys Alice though the looking glass its just a thought that they have this weird realm of fast time so why not add TIME I’m just guessing but wanted to add a idea

28. Brandon says:

Wherever the writers can write a good ending for the show, then they should end it. At this point the story is dragging on. Seeing as ABC is trying to sign the cast, they will most likely get a season 7 but sometimes it’s better to end on top then at the bottom.

29. PatriciaLee says:

The husband is quoting Judge Marilyn Milian, “The cheap comes out expensive.” No Beauty? No Snow or Charming? No Henry…really (who started it all)? No brains in the head office!

• Nicky Aiuto says:

PatriciaLee, that does not mean No Snowing or Henry. Like already informed and questioned logically to you all, Didn’t you ever think that they are making negotiations with actors a few at a time?

30. They should stick with the charcters that made everyone love the show in the first place-Emma,Regina,Rumple,Henry and Snowing.I hope Snowing ,Henry especially return.I like Belle and Zelena too and would like them to return too but if I had to choose-I’d choose Henry,Emma,Snowing,Regina,Rumple.We need a proper final season with the core original six not a ” reboot”& loosing half the cast.

31. Sailam Mohamed (crazed fan) says:

It would be great for the current narrative to wrap up and for new stories and characters to continue with the OUAT brand name, if that is what they’re thinking of doing.
    Could bring the boost the series needs right now.
    Also, low ratings don’t necessarily mean people aren’t watching it. I’ve downloaded all my episodes regularly because TV is just inconvenient.
    Renew for season 7!!

32. Nicky Aiuto says:

Just because they are starting negotiations with those 4, does’n’t mean they are not going to do the same with Ginnifer, Josh, Jared, Emile, & Rebecca. Didn’t all of you guys ever think that they are making negotiations with actors a few at a time? No, you probably wouldn’t.
    And anyway, when making negotiations with Jen, Lana, Robert and Colin first, one of them might not want to continue on. But for Lana and Robert, there is most likely an exception.

33. John says:

Perhaps the failing rating have something to do with the rediculously long ” breaks “, like the 3 plus month ” mid-season ” hiatus, coupled with an additional week or 2 here & there.. Viewers simply lose interest.. As quick as you start getting into the plot line, the show breaks for months.. Who needs it ??

34. Cate says:

I liked the dynamics of the fairy tale/real life characters and the curse at the start but the show how become all relationships with different crises for them to go through. I liked the focus on FAMILY rather than endless OutlawQueen, CaptainSwan, RumBelle, SwanQueen, Snowing etc etc. Less shipping, less repetitive trips to alternate dimensions, more character dynamics that aren’t just about romance.

35. Mary says:

Jennifer (Emma) and Colin (Hook) are the only ones that matter. They’re the entire reason most people are still watching this show. Regina needs to die since double her has completely tanked the ratings this season (no surprise there), Rumpel really has nowhere to go and is completely unredeemable anyway, Snow has been ruined by the Regina cheerleading but Charming should stay-they haven’t destroyed him yet.

• Kevin says:

Regina didn’t actually have any real arc this season.

Also, if any one character is to blame for this shows demise, it’s Hook, and everyone knlws it.

36. The only good couple on the show is Snowing.Im not here for more of the Captain Swan Show or more Once Upon a Hook.

37. Brynna says:

Snow and Charming are the soul of this show – can’t see myself enjoying it without them.

38. I don’t want this show to end, give it at least a even 10 seasons! I mean if ABC can find a way to keep Gray’s Anatomy around for that long, then why not OUAT? I can think of a lot of stories they could do, that they haven’t! Though the idea of jumping to the future isn’t one of them! And to me, there is no show without Emma and Regina, since they started the show!

• Lol.Greys has much better ratings than Once even 12/13 seasons in and makes money in syndication that Once dosent.

• Shar says:

Lol how can anyone even attempt to compare OUAT with Grey’s Anatomy, Grey’s is still pulling in between 7 and 8 million viewers in it’s 13th season, OUAT hasn’t had those kind of ratings since the beginning of season 4, before the CS centric season 5 which tanked the show, and now OUAT is barely managing to get 3 million viewers in it’s 6th season. Grey’s Anatomy is a far better show than Once and furthermore it doesn’t have writers who only cater to one group of fans unlike OUAT whose writers do everything to service CS fans while neglecting or blatantly disregarding the rest of the fans.

39. KenL says:

No interest in seeing a new direction with different main cast. Keep the current ones or end the show.

40. Michele says:

41. Michele says:

I think part of the problem is that y’all take these hiatuses and while you’re gone we find other things to watch or we simply forget what the last episode was about when you come back on. I just don’t get all these breaks winter and spring. Just bring back TV with a regular season. No this is the first time I have ever posted a comment here before.

42. GM says:

Matt, can you comment on de Ravin’s contract status? She joined the show a year later and the other article on this news specifies cast members from the first season. (No offense, just checking–I don’t want to lose her!)

43. Thry can’t get rid of Henry-they can’t pretend Emma dosent have a sin and he’s too young to go off to college yet plus he started it all by showing up on Emmas step with the book and tells her about the curse.Also, he has an important role as The Author too.

44. Jackie says:

They should just end the show instead of carrying on with only a few regulars. There’s no creativity or fun in the show anymore anyway, and the writing is lackluster at best. They keep repeating the same things over again. People still even care about the show at all because of the characters they love, not because of the stories or writing. So getting rid of characters is only going to cause more people to tune out.

I know I have zero interest in a show without BOTH Jennifer Morrison and Colin O’Donoghue. Their talent and chemistry is the only reason I still even care about the show, but they’ve barely even interacted this season. (And the ratings are still falling, so the people screaming about CS and Hook causing ratings to fall are full of nonsense. Fact is they are extremely popular or there wouldn’t be so much merchandise for them. And since they’ve barely had anything to do all season, how is the falling ratings remotely their fault this season? Try all the Regina and the overall bad and depressing writing!)

Rumple’s character is played out, and this season has overdosed on two Reginas to the point I never want to see her and her campy scenery-chewing ever again.

45. Shar says:

Wow you CS fans really do have your heads lodged so far up Hook’s backside that you just can’t see the forest for the trees can you. The ratings for this show have tanked since the writers put Hook and CS front and center, Hook and Captain Swan have driven viewers away and killed this show, this show barely scraped three million viewers last week, it’s hitting new lows ever week and for the writers to sacrifice yet more characters for the sake of CS is the biggest mistake they could ever make. If they get a season seven they ill be lucky if they get a million viewers a week, they’ll fall into the same ratings territory as the vampire diaries did in it’s last seasons in which it was getting less than a million viewers on a regular basis.

46. Kevin says:

They need to let this show die. Horowitz and Kitsis are horrible writers, and if you don’t replace them, nothing else will matter.

47. Mo says:

I am trying to read thru all comments made but half way through I had to stop. So much anger and hate for a show that clearly is one of the best shows on TV.. Or shall I say so much hate because some like certain characters and some don’t. The ratings may have gone down but that could also be because there are just too many good shows to watch these days. Personally, I like Emma and Hook, they are one of the main reasons I still watch this show. Their story reflects the meaning of OUAT perfectly – this show is about love, hope and REDEMPTION. Hating on Hook is so childish. And BTW, to say he tried to sexually abuse Emma in NY when trying to kiss her is just simply outlandish. He was trying to make her remember him and everyone in Storybrook with what he hoped was true loves kiss. He is remorseful about his past and the reason he became Hook was explained in Flashbacks. Holding on to grudges against his character for the things he has done in the past is so narrow minded. He HAS changed, he is a different man, why keep bringing up things he did in the past when he clearly is doing everything to be a better man. Are these haters so unforgiving in real life as well? I don’t envy the people around them..The chemistry between Emma and Hook is memorizing and I for one love the fact that she trusts him despite his past. Hook has and is still redeeming himself. This message is most important since we should learn to not cling onto our past mistakes or those others made, but much more believe in new beginnings, hope and trust, FORGIVENESS. When looking on social media, I see way more love for Emma and Hook than hate and I truly believe that their story is a important part of OUAT. Hook has a heart larger than life, loves Emma, Henry, David and Snow, he wants to be a good guy and wants to leave his past behind for a better future. Nobody is born bad, but sometimes in life people go down the wrong path out of anger or sadness, bad experiences… he is no longer a bad person, he even wanted to sacrifice himself for the greater good and to save everyone else when he was the dark one because he was well aware of how horrible that was, because he changed and is a good man now. Get it? How can that be bad? Josh Dallas killed it in Sunday’s episode – great acting! And the fact that he forgave Hook and gave him his blessing to ask for permission to ask Emma for her hand in marriage is also a message of great value. I believe it is safe to say that everyone makes mistakes and bad choices in their lives. The only thing that really matters is that we learn from them, forgive ourselves so that we can strive to becoming better and allow others to forgive us as well. So stop the hate. I for one think Rumple is a horrible person but can see that he too has good in his heart and struggles to overcome the urge to be this evil, dark person. I would never stop watching the show just because he is unlikable to me, he is a important part of the story as are Emma, Hook and whomever else people want to hate. The message of OUAT is a good one and I truly hope this show continues, the way it is, because it is an excellent show with excellent actors who seem to be like a family in real life – who could hate on that? Oh and one more thing. TV Line is one of the best sites out there when it comes to coverage and spoilers on shows, accusing Matt or anyone else from TVL for bad reporting or similar is just plain dumb – go and hate on your bad attitude and not on others who are simply trying to enjoy a show, believe in second chances or give us information on shows and characters. Grow up you haters, if you don’t like the show, don’t watch and don’t try to spoil it for those who actually enjoy watching.

48. bluepasj says:

I think a shakeup like this is an excellent idea. And so maybe the writers can stop repeating the same story over and over again. Good that the most interesting characters continue, like Regina and Gold. Though it’ll be weird if Henry (Jared Gilmore) doesn’t continue. And hopefully it’s a restart and I (that left on the atrocius hell/Hades arc) can come back and understand.