Night Manager Season 2 Eyed at AMC

You may not have seen the last of the menacing Richard Roper.

AMC, BBC and production company Ink Factory are mulling over a potential second season of The Night Manager, our sister site Deadline reports.

“The Ink Factory, BBC and AMC are in the early stages of developing a potential second series of The Night Manager, but nothing is definite yet and we have nothing to announce,” the three companies said in a joint statement.

Rumors first began circulating about Season 2 in British trades earlier this week — but as noted by executive producer Stephen Garrett, the Powers That Be are simply “thinking about it.” What’s more, a follow-up would force the writers to expand the premise beyond what was previously adapted from John le Carré’s novel, and the author has never before allowed his characters to go “off-book.” With that in mind, a script has not yet been written.

The Night Manager recently took home three Golden Globes, awarding Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie and Olivia Coleman for their work in the critically acclaimed limited series. It also nabbed two Emmy Awards (for directing and musical composition).

Are you eager for a second season of The Night Manager, or is this one limited series that would best be kept a limited affair?

1. Moffett Ferguson says:

As much as I love these actors and these characters, I don’t think perfection can be improved upon. Leave it at Season 1.

2. Couch Mom says:

This was soooooo good. Outstanding performances by everyone. a second season should only be considered if John le Carre’ approves and is involved in the writing.

3. TV Gord says:

I agree with the above comments that The Night Manager is the closest TV miniseries to perfection that I have seen, and probably should not be touched, but if La Carré is FULLY on board with a solid story to continue these characters, I would dearly love that!

• hayleyscomett says:

I agree! As compelling as S1 was and leaving me with wanting more, I feel a S2 would have to be done only with LA Carre 100% creative input! S1 was absolutely perfect in every way!

4. composite says:

Please no. The Night Manager was perfect. Mini-series or limited series work because they are written from the first idea to have a beginning and an ending.
    John le Carré has multiple novels that are begging for an adaptation. Take the production team with writers and turn one of his other books into a similar mini-series.

5. Alex Meyer says:

A limited series is supposed to be limited, with a definitive beginning, middle and end: that’s it!!! The Night Manager ended on a perfect level. The story doesn’t need to be expanded any further. Expand it, and you’ll just dilute it.

6. Cal Sharp says:

Just for the record the conclusion of Night Manager limited series run was very much “off book” from JLC’s book ending. However I still would not do a second season. It would lose the complexity of character that made Jonathon Pine interesting. Have Hiddleston become the next Bond instead.

7. Mark says:

Maybe there will be a new villain, and Olivia Coleman will take them down in the new season? It would be strange to bring back Roper (and Pine?) for another season.

8. Superwoman says:

YES……YES PLEASE!
    That 1st season was perfection and I’ve always wanted more..

9. Boula says:

I would very much like season 2

10. Cindy. Alevas says:

Don’t mess with perfection. Plus I don’t think I would survive another season! Wow, it was tense!

11. Volcfom says:

Leave it at what it was. No season 2.

12. Janet says:

I would love to see a second and more season of the night manager