President Trump: Schwarzenegger Was Fired From Celebrity Apprentice

Amid an early morning tweet storm in which he alleged with zero proof that Barack Obama has been wiretapping his phones, President Donald Trump on Saturday took a moment to weigh in on Arnold Schwarzenegger’s supposed choice to step down as host of The Celebrity Apprentice.

According to POTUS, Schwarzenegger was ultimately fired for poor ratings, and it was not his decision to leave.

“Arnold Schwarzenegger isn’t voluntarily leaving [The Celebrity Apprentice], he was fired by his bad (pathetic) ratings, not by me,” Trump said. “Sad end to a great show.”

It didn’t take long for the former Governor of California to respond, who followed up on Trump’s statement by insisting that POTUS should hire himself a new “fact checker”:

Schwarzenegger first revealed that he would not return as host of The Celebrity Apprentice in an interview with Empire magazine on Friday, remarking that, “under the circumstances, I don’t want to do it again.” He also insisted that the show’s association with its former host — who retains an executive producer credit — hurt its ratings in its most recent season.

“When people found out that Trump was still involved as executive producer and was still receiving money from the show, then half the people [started] boycotting it,” Schwarzenegger said. “With Trump being involved in the show, people have a bad taste and don’t want to… support the show.”

This isn’t the first time that Trump has weighed in on Schwarzenegger’s “pathetic” ratings. Just four days after Ah-nuld’s Celebrity Apprentice debut, Trump took to social media to assert that his successor got “destroyed” in the ratings in “comparison to the ratings machine, DJT.” In February, he also asked that attendees at the National Prayer Breakfast pray for the future of Celebrity Apprentice. (Yes, really.) In response, Schwarzenegger suggested that if Trump wasn’t happy with his ratings, that he’d be more than willing to trade jobs.

At this time, NBC has yet to renew or cancel The Celebrity Apprentice. Schwarzenegger’s first (and only) season concluded on February 13.

1. MMD says:

Drumpf was fired from Apprentice AND NBC. I guess he got confused………………………..

• Justice says:

Actually trump left the apprentice to run his campaign. You cant fire someone who quit. I know you hate america, but do some research before you spew.

• Steven says:

NBC said they would not ask him to do another season. He left to campaign but if he had failed I’d bet he’d go back to it.

• ACTUALLY, if you did yours you’d find that NBC did in fact state that Trump would not be the host of the next apprentice regardless of election results. You should probably do your research for suggesting others do theirs.

• MMD says:

Thank you damien. I specifically remember NBC saying they were cutting all ties with him. I believe there was even a press release involved.

2. Preacher Book says:

Welcome to the USA with executive leader with the lowest levels of self-esteem ever recorded in all of civilized history. Sheesh, does this guy* have anything better to do with his time?

*guy – using the loosest definition of the word possible.

3. dan says:

NBC and Mark Burnett could easily solve this mystery and save us all from needless bickering between the POTUS and Governator!

4. peterwdawson says:

You know, I thought my country was weird when two sitting Prime Ministers made appearances on a popular sitcom. This is next level insanity.

5. xomylifexo says:

…I thought the time for trivial fighting was behind us.

6. M says:

This is your president ladies and gents, a baby who cares more about ratings and his ego than anything else

7. Geo says:

Stop tweeting, act like an adult, and release your tax returns!

8. PAT says:

I my family ALWAYS enjoyed watching The Apprentice. We stopped when Arnold did it because the dynamic had changed. I am appealed ay the comments I read. They are not regarding the lesser quality of the show, but using this forum as another pathetic attempt to malign the President of our wonderful country. Please grow up, people. The rest of the world is watching us, and you are all making all look like a bunch of whiney brats. Give him a chance. He has had the job for only a couple of months.

• Ange says:

How can you give him a chance when he keeps tweeting like he’s in 3rd grade? My 20 year old does not have a twitter account and that’s his generation.

• Leesa says:

Pat , you’re comment is ridiculous! Eyes rolling! I agree with everyone else’s comments but yours. Everyone else has common sense , but you not so much!! Ugh!

• Ben says:

Hey. Rest of the world here. Your President is the whiney brat, and the rest of the world is fully behind those who criticise him. If you want to understand the rest of the world’s perspective – this is a guy whose idea of free trade is to cancel our fair deals and replace them with bullying us into submission so America gets a far better deal (why would we agree?), who criticises us at the UN, who berates our world leaders on the phone. The rest of the world is watching your President in horror, and trust me you trying to whitewash your own news cycle would not change that at all.

• Superwoman says:

I’m part of the rest of the world and I can tell you…America cannot go any lower than you have right now with this Cheeto in chief of yours….America is not the problem, the media is not the problem, Dems or GOP are not the problem…it’s the thin-skinned, petty toddler you elected to be POTUS that’s the problem. Horrible man-child!

• Scribe says:

PAT, the rest of the world is watching and I’m afraid its not its citizens that look like whiny brats, its the President. Please do not speak for us.

• Brenda says:

You are so right. I am still amazed at the number of people who continue to make excuses for this manchild. Cancel his twitter account so he can at least try to salvage what is left of our reputation on the world stage
        , although I don’t think there is much hope for that happening.

• Aeol says:

Yes, the rest of the world is watching, and if you listen, you can all hear them expressing their horror not at the opposition to 45, but to 45 himself, who is more devoted to defending Russia than the American people. Try respecting your fellow citizens more than a guy who loves nothing more than to trash people.

9. tjchurch2001 says:

He may have been fired DUE TO ratings, but not BY them. (Like Trump right now, ratings do not have a job.)

Also, regarding “tweets”:

1] I still believe (as I tweeted shortly before it) we should have been able to use the shared day off of work to vote for a new President on Presidents’ Day.

2] I for one didn’t watch Trump’s many-channel-aired address this past week, tweeting that if he had something to say he wanted me aware of, he could send it to my E-mail or postage address or tweet it, since he seems to do that constantly anyway!

10. Tee Hee says:

” alleged with zero proof that Barack Obama has been wiretapping his phones”

So Obama got a court order in October to tap Trump’s phones and then… didn’t? Ooookay.

• mooshki says:

Obama didn’t get the wire tap, the FBI did, because Trump colluded with Russia. It’s called “investigating a crime.”

• Tee Hee says:

Wrong three times in two sentences. Very impressive, mooshy! And how did that investigation turn out again? Oh, yeah, no evidence of collusion, no evidence of vote tampering. You may return to your fake news now.

• Billy Bob Johnson says:

Talk about fake news. Complete denial by all Trump supporters.

• Marie58 says:

The media is so focused on Trump 24/7 that they are ignoring the the much more extensive and lucrative business relationships of top Democrats with Kremlin-associated companies and billionaires. For instance, the Podesta Group (which was founded by John Podesta’s brother, Tony) lobbied for Russia’s largest bank, Sberbank. According to a Reuters report, Tony Podesta was “among the high-profile lobbyists registered to represent organizations backing Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich.” Among these was the European Center, which paid Podesta $900,000 for his lobbying. There’s more…

The Podesta Group also represented Uranium One (this is the uranium company that was acquired by the Russian government which received approval from Hillary Clinton’s State Department to mine for uranium in the U.S. and gave Russia twenty percent control of US uranium.) The New York Times reported Uranium One’s chairman, Frank Guistra, made significant donations to the Clinton Foundation, and Bill Clinton was paid $500,000 for one speech from a Russian investment bank that has “links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.”

Apparently Reuters and the NY Times have already forgotten about these. I literally LOL whenever the Dems start shrieking, “The Russians! The Russians!”

11. Ange says:

Because there is nothing else going on in the world that requires his attention. Very sad.

• tjchurch2001 says:

I’m honestly split which his sight is: Is it that there’s nothing else for him to worry about/pay attention to (outside of Ivanka’s brand & Kellyanne plugging it? Or is it that he doesn’t worry too much what to pay attention to, as long as we’re all watching him? (Hence his televised address to Congress & continued constant tweeting? At least Michelle cut down on Barack’s hoops time!!!)

12. Larc says:

Very petty tweet by Trump that is anything but Presidential. Too bad he lacks the dignity, honor and integrity that should be hallmarks of the position.

• tjchurch2001 says:

I agree it’s too bad, but I’d say it’s worse so many actually did vote for him in the real election.

I have a few guesses why, though:

1] People appreciated that the Billy Bush thing & other comments were him being honest, which is so rare these days in US politics.

2] People were voting for who they disliked, which is often a much stronger feeling than anything positive (as many convicts &/or Idol viewers will tell you).

13. Susan says:

OMG what is wrong with Him. He’s so insecure. He opens his mouth and he lies. His tweets are a waste of time. Tell us what happened with the Russians. Just another attempt at diversion. How much are these trips to FL costing us, for not only him but getting Melania back and forth? He’s disgusting. I hope everyone who voted for him for jobs are happy when they’re filled by robots.

14. Superwoman says:

This man has officially come undone…like seriously, he should be locked away in an asylum somewhere with round the clock monitoring. Everytime he does/says something stupid, you think he cannot possibly go any lower but apparently he can… these Obama accusations are just pitiful…trying everything in his power to take the spotlight away from his failing, corrupt administration.

15. Justice says:

I find it hilarious, beyond the general comedy of a tv news and gossip site addressing political matters, that you attack trump for not having any evidence yet say nothing when the liberals keep pushing russia with no proof.

• mooshki says:

You don’t consider all the hard evidence of Trump’s people meeting with Russian officials to be “proof?”

• Tee Hee says:

What hard evidence? Please, enlighten us.

• Angela says:

Ohhhhh, I dunno, how about Michael Flynn’s resignation and Jeff Sessions having to recuse himself from the investigation into Russian ties these last few weeks because of their meetings with Russian officials? And then Trump himself talking about the “great relationship” he has with Putin? Or do you think those are just wacky coincidences?

16. parstl says:

hhm…aren’t there just a few more important issues that should be n the mind of the potus?
    he had quite a busy night of tweeting. Did he forget his medication?

17. Tahina says:

;I’ll be really surprised if DT finishes his POTUS 4 yr terrm.. his craziness has no end/

18. tvdiva says:

I didn’t care for the the Governor. How about Leeza Gibbons as a replacement? She comes across professional and intelligent, something this season lacked.

• tjchurch2001 says:

Anyone who says Leeza comes across intelligent, let alone professional, shows themselves to not be whichever they claimed she appeared.

You’ve got about 29 hours before they need you back in the WWE ring.

19. kmw says:

Such a matter of importance whether or not Arnold got fired. Doesn’t Trump have other things to be worried about? I guess not.Oh woops I am wrong Trump is worried about Obama wiretapping him as well( think again Trump, if you are its probably Putin). Such a thin skinned and petulant man we have for our President. Making America Great Again? More like Making America Stupid and Irrelevant and an embarrassment to the world is more like it

20. KevyB says:

Rumpface, you need to stop tweeting. Putin’s trying to contact you!

21. Aeol says:

I absolutely would have given Arnold a shot if 45 wasn’t an EP on this show. Pathetic for Burnett and NBC to “fire” 45 two years ago but still allow him to retain his producers’ credit. If *some people* are so sick of seeing celebrities get involved in politics, perhaps they shouldn’t have voted for a reality tv celebrity for president, who is STILL INVOLVED IN ENTERTAINMENT and flying off to Mar-a-lago every weekend instead of devoting himself fully to the presidency as he claimed he would.
    Sorry you got caught up in all this, Arnold.

22. liame says:

After his Presidency, trump can look forward to…Dancing with the Stars.

• MMD says:

Oh good one! I laughed so loud I scared one of my poor dogs who was sound asleep, minding his own business.

23. MK says:

When will America fulfill the prophecy and make Arnie president already.

• tjchurch2001 says:

There is no such prophecy. In actual fact, there are laws that say Arnold can’t legally be President at all, though he could be Governor of a state. (There is also a law that said Obama couldn’t even run again, though many would have likely voted for him over any of the 4 candidates we did have to choose from, none of which I chose, FYI.)

Also, there is a law (or group of them) that makes it legal to drive (& maybe kill someone) before you are able to vote, serve in the military, or run to be President… All of this & more can be found in the laws of the “United States of America”. (We have not been actually united in my lifetime!)

• MK says:

Ain’t that a shame. Honestly, I wanted Hillary to win so she can stick it to the countries that forbid women from office. But when Trump won the first thing I said was “Good he’s a businessman, he’ll get America’s economy back up” I’m hoping I was right. I

24. Ronavish says:

Lets make this make this simple.Get rid of the show period.