Exclusive
Billy Miller Ray Donovan

General Hospital's Billy Miller Set for Ray Donovan Season 5 Arc

The Young and the Restless vet-turned-General Hospital star Billy Miller is going to lock horns with Ray Donovan‘s family. Which perhaps is… ill-advised?

TVLine has learned exclusively that Miller is set to guest-star in at least four episodes of the Showtime drama’s fifth season as Todd Doherty, a cop who is at odds with his sister Maureen’s fiancé, Terry Donovan (played by Eddie Marsan).

A three-time Daytime Emmy winner for his run as Y&R‘s Billy Abbott, Miller’s previous TV credits also include runs on Suits, Ringer and All My Children, plus episodes of Major Crimes, Castle, CSI and Justified.

Ray Donovan — for which Liev Schreiber and Jon Voight have combined for four total Emmy nominations as well as four Golden Globe nods — returns with Season 5 this summer.

1. Brian says:

Good casting. This guy is a good actor.

2. Kevin Tran says:

Can’t believe Billy Miller has landed a guest starring role in the upcoming season of Ray Donovan. Would be great to see Jason Morgan butt heads with Liev Schreiber’s character.

3. Mike says:

Wonder where he has the time for that. I’ve heard nothing about him taking time off the show.

• Donna Salvi says:

Actors jump from show to show all the time now. The shows acommodate them and it’s probably in his GH contract that he be able to do other projects. He’s done this before when he was on the Young and Restless.

4. Donna Salvi says:

Billy Miller is a great actor. Can’t wait to see him in Ray Donovan which is one of the best shows on television

5. Jamie says:

Hopefully this leads to other work for him. He’s a really a talented actor, but he is wasted as Jason on GH – not the right role for him at all.

6. Lynn says:

I agree and now that the original actor that played Jason just left the Young and the Restless I wish they’d bring him back.

7. Cindy says:

Love Billy Miller! Great actor

8. A.Johnson says:

Awesome! Billy Miller is a good actor and a natural star. Y&R was a fool to lose him (and Michelle Stafford). Good for him.

9. KansasGuest says:

Saw him on the series RINGER before I started watching GH again. He’s good. There are a lot of opportunities now on broadcast & streaming tv that actors can take advantage of. GH’s cast is big enough that one of them can be gone for a week and I would not notice.

10. How do they plan to have a Ray Donovan without Liev Schreiber?

11. Sue Williams says:

Congrats to him! When will Kelly move on?

12. Linda Moore says:

It seems like many folks don’t like Billy Miller as Jason on GH and I have to say, as I long-time viewer of GH, while I leary at first when Steve Burton left the role, I *love* Billy Miller in it. Miller adds some comedic warmth and a level of sensitivity that Burton’s portrayal either wasn’t given latitude to do, or was – at the time – not the way they wanted to take the character. I think Miller is great, and I’d be bummed if they brought Burton back at this point. And good for him nabbing this role on Ray Donovan!

13. Dawson says:

Do not like Billy Miller as Jason, he’s terrible. Maybe he’d be better on Ray Donovan permanently .

14. Marion Heim says:

15. Marion Heim says:

I’am glad for Billy Miller i really miss him on young &the Restless the new guy is okay but he is not Billy Miller. Ft

16. Marion Heim says:

Billy Miller is the best i still miss him on young &the restless the show is not the same without him.Whatever he does he will always be the best.

17. autum says:

I hope he kicks butt on this show and has an incredible time and success on primetime. He is so very talented. Since playing Psycho brother on AMC.

18. Amanda Dawn says:

I can’t wait to see the Donovan family again. And to see Billy again . I haven’t seen him act since he left y and r which was such a sad time in tv. Now I’m wondering where he’ll go if Steve takes his role back. I know he won’t return as Billy Abbott since he won’t work on y and r and besides Jason t is killing that role