Talking With Chris Hardwick Weekly Talk Show AMC

Talking Dead's Chris Hardwick to Get Weekly Talk Show on AMC

Chris Hardwick is about to be Talking about a lot more than just The Walking Dead.

The Talking Dead host has landed a weekly talk show, Talking With Chris Hardwick, at AMC, the network announced on Wednesday. The new show — premiering Sunday, April 9 at 11/10c — will feature Hardwick conducting an hour-long interview with a single guest or cast from the world of pop culture, and will air each week that The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead aren’t airing. (Those weeks, Talking Dead will continue to air in that timeslot.)

The move makes sense, since Hardwick’s post-TWD chatfest Talking Dead remains one of the top-rated shows anywhere on TV, finishing second only to TWD among cable’s top shows in the key 18-49 viewer demo. Now with Talking, Hardwick can bring his geek cred — he hosts the popular Nerdist podcast, and is a frequent Comic-Con moderator — to covering other TV shows, movies and buzzy pop-culture projects. (And he’s a very busy guy: Hardwick also currently hosts Comedy Central’s @Midnight and just wrapped up hosting the first season of NBC’s The Wall.)

Talking will have the skin of Talking Dead, the soul of the Nerdist podcast and the guts of a Comic-Con panel,” Hardwick said in a statement. “I have loved learning how to do a talk show these last six years on Talking Dead, but am eager to expand the format into other areas of pop culture.”

Will you tune in to see Hardwick Talking about non-TWD stuff? Drop your thoughts in a comment below.

1. Luis Roman says:

Talking Dead, @Midnight, The Wall, and now a talk show all his won . . . meet the new hardest working man in show business!

2. Cody Drennen says:

I am fine with that. I could watch him read a phonebook and still be entertained by it.

3. Kevin Tran says:

Chris Hardwick is one of the busiest TV personalities in the entertainment business. So excited about his new weekly talk show on AMC.

4. boffothewondersheep says:

He does a great job with long interviews on the Nerdist podcast, so this should be a piece of cake for him.

5. Brian says:

I like Hardwick, so i’m cool with this.

6. Joey Padron says:

Awesome news! I love the Talking aftershows he does for the AMC shows. I would check out his talk show.

7. Jane says:

Sounds sort of like what I thought the Wil Wheaton show was going to be but it was awful. I’m sure Chris will do a good job.

8. Steve F. says:

Holy crap… move over, Ryan Seacrest, because Chris Hardwick is the new hardest working man in show biz! (Added bonus: he didn’t unleash the Kardashians upon us!)

9. Winter says:

Because Chris Hardwick had a few Sundays off a year and he couldn’t handle it. I’m actually really happy about this because I love Hardwick and basically all things Nerdist. I really loved it when he was guest hosting on Live with Kelly too. Also I’m glad to see people seem to be mostly happy about this because I always end up reading tons of Hardwick hate and I just don’t get it.

10. tjchurch2001 says:

Pay attention, people: THIS is overstaying your welcome the way people claim Kenan has on “SNL”, & getting the “too much of a good thing” many say is impossible! (“Wall” needs no host, & seeing the occasional “@midnight” & Chris talking about his other shows & things on “Conan”, etc., was plenty!)

11. Couch Mom says:

Good for him. He does a great job on Talking Dead/Talking Preacher. Seems like a really nice person too. Love how he signs off with, “Don’t text and drive.”

• Love how he ends the show, too and also says “Be nice to each other” haha

• tjchurch2001 says:

Stolen near-verbatim from Ellen!!

• Winter says:

Yes because we wouldn’t want other people to encourage decency in their fellow humans. Ellen already said be nice to each other so I guess I can’t. Please.

• tjchurch2001 says:

I have no problem with it being said on TV or anywhere else by multiple people. Then again, I for one watch “@midnight” & many episodes of “Ellen”, & me hearing it multiple times is not going to affect how likely I am to do it any more than hearing it once would.

• TV Gord says:

His reason for saying it is different from Ellen’s, but no less valid. He’s trying to encourage people to be nicer to people online, which–as we all know–is a big problem.

For the record, Ellen’s slogan is, “Be kind to one another”.

• Winter says:

The don’t text and drive thing is because it’s a cause his mother is really involved in and she asked him to help her spread the word. Such a good son.

12. TV Gord says:

I’m hooked on the podcast and love @midnight and the shows he does for AMC, so this is great news! He’s as busy as Seacrest, but–to me, anyway–not nearly as annoying. It’s nice to see this happening to such a good guy!

13. Sheila says:

Does the man just not sleep? Like, ever?

• tjchurch2001 says:

How could he?! He has to appear in pictures &/or videos above headlines like these in nightmares! I bet his wife only said “Yes” knowing he’d never truly be home!

• Winter says:

Well I knew there had to be a hater out there. You know if you don’t like the guy it’s ok don’t watch. You don’t have to go attacking him at every turn.

• tjchurch2001 says:

I am not at all a “hater”, especially not of Chris. I have watched him since “Singled Out” (& even hosting a fictional episode on an episode of “Boy Meets World”).

But in all the years since then, other people have starred in & hosted many other shows on literally hundreds of other channels! Which means Chris doesn’t need to do all of them, or for channels to add shows just so Chris can host them! As if having a billionaire as President wasn’t bad enough, this will raise unemployment sky-high!!!

• Ted says:

His wife is a Hearst (& a model) so as Chris has said himself, he married up. No reason for her to “settle” for him if she didn’t want to. I’m sure she had many other willing suitors.

• tjchurch2001 says:

You’re no more sure of that than I am that you’re using your real first name when you post comments.

Watch Chris’ specials on Netflix, Comedy Central, or any of several other places, & you’ll see: He made that comment as a joke, or so he is able to stay married & she isn’t mad at him for saying the opposite.

As for how many other suitors she had, any number you state would be hypothetical at best, & you’d have to subtract all LGBT & married people from any estimation of the population, so point being neither of us have a clue… The difference being I don’t pretend otherwise.

14. Jason says:

I’ve been a fan of Chris since his days on Attack of the Show. He’s a great guy and I’m glad to see how well he’s doing. Nobody has more geek cred than him and I can’t wait to see who he’ll be interviewing.

15. Kim says:

Definitely will. Hardwick she s awesome. The best talk show host ever. He’s really personable and entertaining!

• tjchurch2001 says:

Personable? Yes. Entertaining? More-visibly & audibly now than 20 years ago when all he was doing was reading questions & “throwing” to the eye-candy. Best talk-show host ever? Not even close, though he may have been a guest to the one who was.

16. Sure I would watch. Chris is a good guy, seems to know what he’s doing. He’s definitely entertaining.

17. I think Chris knows what he’s doing. I would watch his new show. He’s definitely entertaining.