Days of Our Lives Arianne Zucker Leaving Exit

Days of Our Lives' Arianne Zucker to Exit

The Days of Our Lives actress whose name will forever be tied to one of the 2016 presidential election’s biggest controversies has announced her plans to leave the NBC soap.

Arianne Zucker will exit the role of Nicole when her contract is up near the end of April, Soap Opera Digest reports.

Zucker, who has played the adult-film star-turned-reporter-turned-publisher-turned-publicist for the better part of the last 19 years, tells the magazine that she began contemplating “making the shift” off the daytime drama two years ago.

She also was the actress who escorted then-Apprentice host Donald Trump and Access Hollywood host Billy Bush during a 2005 visit to the Days set, a fact brought to light when Trump’s lewd language prior to the encounter became known in the last month of the 2016 presidential campaign. Zucker, who was unaware that Bush and Trump had commented on recorded audio about her appearance prior to meeting her that day, addressed the incident on social media after the tape went public:

I have grown to learn that the words of others cannot affect the value of my self worth or define the content of my character. How we treat one another, whether behind closed doors, locker rooms or face to face, should be done with kindness, dignity and respect. Unfortunately, there are too many people in power who abuse their position and disregard these simple principles and are rewarded for it. In understanding the magnitude of this situation, I choose to stand tall with self respect and use my voice to enrich, inspire and elevate the best of who we are as people.

NBC recently renewed Days for a record 52nd season.

1. Phil says:

A body blow for Days, that’s for sure. Best actress on the show, and well past time to be recognized as such!
    Don’t blame her getting out – why Nicole, who is vivacious, awesome and fun, always gets saddled with the saddest and most boring plots, always confuses me. She – and the character – deserve better. She pulls it all off, somehow, though, because Ari is a wonderful actress.
    Hopefully, it’s an open-ended exit because this show NEEDS her. But I hope big things are in store for her, because with her talent on screen and grace off, she deserves the best.

• Rene says:

Well said

• Carol Bryan says:

I agree Phil. I don’t know why they never gave her a relationship that was long lasting. Now with the baby story line, I would have hoped that she and Brady could have gotten together, especially since he has Daniel’s heart, and he could have been a part of Holly’s life. She’s done a great job on the show and definitely deserves an Emmy for the scenes she played wth Chloe, pleading for her to give her back her daughter. Now Chole on the other hand is just a pretty face and her “bitch” character is true to form. She needs to go away for good.

• lashaun Washington says:

That was a great comment! They’re getting rid of all the best actors/actresses.They better have some excellent story lines this year and add some likeable people!

• Joan Ferraro says:

Ms.Zucker is an excellent.actress and I really will miss her.I hope she returns some day.

2. Wrstlgirl says:

I’m surprised it took this long since they fired her boyfriend and on screen fiance’ two years ago. But maybe she was locked in until her contract ended.

3. Kevin Tran says:

Days of Our Lives continues to lose more actors now that it’s coming back for another year but I’m shocked about Arianne Zucker’s departure who’s been on the show for nearly two decades and her character Nicole Walker became one of the series’ best villains.

• Andrew Hass says:

Arianne said she started thinking about leaving Days about 2 years ago.However i think she wanted to wait until Days was renewed before announcing she was leaving because she may not have wanted it to look like she was jumping ship.However i think NBC had cancelled Days Arianna might have agreed to stay till the end

4. Janis Brown says:

I will miss Arianna Zucker, of Days of our lives..she is only female star left on Days that can really act…

I may not watch show after she leaves, unless writing improves. …Days has gone downhill.

• Carol says:

I agree Janis. I can’t believe she’s leaving. All the good ones are gone. Days really needs to do whatever they have to, too keep great actresses/actors. This is the reason Days is failing. PLEASE try and talk her into staying. I don’t think days will survive much longer unless they start keeping people like Arianna and do better writing!!

• Bernadette says:

Me too the red flags went off when Alison Sweeney, James Scott, Shawn Christian, Eileen Davidson, the death of Stefano, and now Arianne Zucker, not interested too watch

• Sharlotte says:

I agree with you. If they don’t really amp up the writing, the show is doomed. Nicole really did a great job acting on the show! Sure will miss her. Hope she comes back soon!

5. Eric7740 says:

I hate that Arianne is leaving, but I don’t really think I’ll miss the character of Nicole. Nicole has always done awful sometimes illegal things, and to me it seems she never gets punished for it. Nicole somehow always gets redeemed, and most of Salem seems to forget what she’s done and they repeatedly forgive her. Yet, Kristen has done things equally as awful as Nicole, yet she got condemned and was a town pariah!!! It seems they writers always painted Nicole into a corner and yet somehow managed to write her out of it and she comes out smelling like a rose!!! It just always annoyed me that the writers could not do the same thing for the character of Kristen. Anyways that’s just my two cents.

• Chloe says:

I’ll miss Ari. She’s a great actress. And I’ll miss Nicole. But yes, Eric7740, you’re right in that she’s done awful things & always gotten redeemed for it. It seems to be a Salem thing – look how many crimes Hopeless has committed. She killed [or tried to kill; we don’t know for sure] Stefano, hid the body, framed Andre, etc & gets a few months. Rafe, who helped her, didn’t even get a smack on the wrist. She went around whacking men on the head & basically got away with that, too. Just today, everyone was talking about “poor” Eric, a drunk driver who killed Daniel & injured 2 other people. Jenn, one of his victims, says how he should face Nicole, Daniel’s fiancee, with “dignity”. How many crimes has the SPD covered up because it involved one of their own? These people all come out smelling like roses. Yet, any DiMera [including Kristen, as you pointed out] is condemned for every little thing & blamed for crimes they didn’t even commit.

6. Jean says:

Wow sad to hear this. Please let her get her baby back. Arianne is my favorite actress on Day’s. I wish her only the best in her life.

7. GuessWhat says:

she’ll be back
    they ALL come back

8. Debbie valisich says:

If and when Nicki leaves Salem..I hope she takes her daughter Holly with her and flees to Europe someplace. This crap about her not being able to have her own biological daughter is BS.

• Wrstlgirl says:

This is how soaps work. You don’t really think that judges ruling is going to stick do you? Of course Nicole will get her baby. It’s all drama.

9. Ray says:

I remember when she started on the show and was paired with Eric who was played by Jensen Ackles at the time. She was a bad girl supermodel and he was the photographer. That did not feel like, 19 years, 12 seasons of Supernatural, a season of Smallville, and 2 seasons of Dark Angel ago. Time flies.

• Pamela says:

I was thinking the same thing. I really did like Jensen as Eric btw.

• Linda says:

Jensen was only on the second season of Dark Angel. He was though on the last season of Dawson’s Creek after Days and before Supernatural.

• Ray says:

Jensen was in the first season as Ben, he was a serial killer that Max(Jessica Alba) killed after she realized she could not save him. In season 2 he played Alec, the twin brother of Ben who becomes an ally of Max. I did know that he guest starred on Dawson’s Creek but decided to only list Dark Angel, Smallville, and Supernatural because those were the shows I knew he was a series regular on.

• Shanean says:

I forgot Jensen was even on dark angel. Damn he still look good.

• Cas says:

He use to be my favorite. Granted, I was also 12 at the time and only watch during the summers. Justin Hartley and him were my soap crushes back in those days. I’m a little jealous that they aged so well and me not as much haha.

10. Cindy Lucitra says:

Amen buh bye

11. Neva says:

I’m done with this show now that she’s leaving, , it’s gone to hell in a hand basket

12. Linda says:

The scene of her yesterday begging Chloe for her baby was one of the best acting jobs I have ever seen and she nailed it. It was amazing and so believable. I really hate to see her go she is such a good actress but I hope that she finds something that can really showcase her talent.

• Martha Sims says:

I agree with you. She will be missed. Good actress

• I agree 100%! About the scene with Chloe. Awesome acting on both their parts, but Arianna NAILED IT!
      This news of her leaving bums me out beyond words.
      Days had better do something sooner than later to pull this show out of the gutter.

13. Sharon says:

No!!! She is my favorite actress!!!!!!

14. Linda says:

The scene of her yesterday begging Chloe for her baby was so heartbreaking. She nailed it. That was the best performance I have ever seen on a soap. I hate to see her go but I hope she can find something that showcases her Talent and hopefully she won’t go to another soap.

15. Mary west says:

Necole deserves to get out of that town . She ll never be happy in Salem . But I wish you Arianne the best I’ll be looking for you on some cool shows like SOA spin off. FX fox and AMC . Be happy sista always a fan

16. Robert33 says:

She was the only reason I watched – I guess I can take the show off my DVR when she leaves.

17. WANDA JO GUENTNER says:

No !!!!!! NICOLE. Please don’t leave Days ,you are the reason I’m still watching the show !!! What they need to do is give you ,your baby Holly and,then you and Brady or Dario …..mainly Brady can get together ,and be a happy family you would have your child and you would be a good mother also with Brady’s little boy ,PLEASE CHANGE YOUR MIND AND DONT LEAVE US !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Lisa Wheeler says:

Thats wat i thpught would happen is she an brady would b together due to daniels heart in brady n raise holly

18. Grace Ynostrosa says:

I have been watching the show since I was a little girl! I am so sad Arianne is leaving just as I was when AJ,Sammy, Teresa who will be left! Bring everyone back! Just like my fav show Dallas was cancelled! If you guys think reality tv is better TV you are crazy!

19. melodie says:

I have watched Days since I was 13 now 58 love Nicole, Even cried when I heard she was leaving, would love her to stay she is great.

20. My eyes are filled with tears I have come to love the carictor nicole she has been through so much her Sammy hope Jennifer be and Steve and ej are I heart and soul of days of our lives i have watched days as long as I can remember my mom also did she listened to it on the radio when she was young please try and change her mind I relate to her like she was my sister do you know how many people love her I’m loosing my second beat friend her and sammy

21. Kimberly Mastroberti says:

No, this cannot happen. She is the only reason I watch this show. She makes the show. She’s a great actress.

22. Nancy Grande says:

23. Nancy Grande says:

Very sad to hear this news, I truly hope she is just taking a break, and will be back. Not good news for the show, and please do not try and replace her, no-one can hold a candle to her.

24. mooshki says:

She’s the best actress on any soap, period. I hope she goes on to bigger and better things.

25. Sonya says:

I wish you all the best…but “Nicole” you WILL BE surely missed

26. Kelly DelloRusso says:

I wish you great sucess in whatever you do in life. I will miss your character deeply… can easily connect to Nicole Walker.

27. Carmen says:

Please don’t let Nicole leave, She’s Too good! I have watched her from Day 1 & Been watching since I was a little Girl. U GUY’S R letting Too many Good 1’$ Go! Do want Days off the Air cause that’s were Ur Heading, OUT!

28. Alice says:

I dont what Arianne to leave i love her she dont take crap. And pluse she has to get Holly back.

29. Lori capuano says:

Don’t leave days all your fans will miss you

30. Linda Stibbens says:

Please dont leave the show needs you ,you are my favorite I love Nicole snd Bready together make it happen Days

31. I am sad to hear she will be leaving Days I was hoping that with this story line about the baby that Nicole would finally find some Happiness Everytime things start to look up for her.She gets knockedown again If she is going to leave at least let her go out on a positive note let her get her baby and Brady to boot.

32. Laurie Ory says:

It will be so sad to see her go, I feel besides Allison Sweeney, she’s the best actress in the show and I was looking forward to seeing her enjoy being a mom and getting good hooked up again with Brady.

33. Sandra R Matthews says:

Uh No! Do not care how much it takes. LET her stay and give the back. Let her be happy. He’ll take Chloe off

34. Yashica says:

Zucker is probably tired of not having happiness as Nicole she lost Daniel Chloe got the baby . her character is unhappy give her happiness all you here is bad about her character but she become happy then it turn back into sadness poor Ari

35. Andrew Hass says:

I can understand why Arianne Zucker might need a break and this won’t be the first time she has left Days.However since Days tapes so far in advance she’ll probably be on-screen through the end of the year.

36. Larry Was says:

BEST actress on daytime TV! I can’t believe she is leaving the show! Huge blow to DAYS! She is one if the reasons I watch. Days better do something to bring up the ratings or the up coming season will be the last!!

37. Dee Tibbitts says:

I don’t want her to leave. But I understand how they need to move on. She will be missed a lot. Best of luck to her.

38. Lisa Wheeler says:

Im going to miss nicole:( ive watched days since i was 9 and im 39 now

39. Well this isn’t good. I love ‘Nicole’..Good luck Arianne!!

40. Greg says:

I hate to see her go. I am 57, and was raised up on DOOL because my Mom watched it from the beginning. (She also watched The Doctors and Another World.) I had hoped Nicole would win her baby back, but that would have taken away the excitement the producerst were going for. I don’t know how they will write her off, but I hope she gets to go with Holly. Since Demois is leaving, I truly hope she doesn’t go with him!

41. lashaun Washington says:

Nicole will truly missed. I just hope she gets away with her baby. I don’t think Chloe was ever going to give her the baby. I mean to not even let her hold her and we all know how obsessed Chloe is over Daniel!

42. Sharlotte says:

I hate to see Nicole leave the show. She has become my favorite character. I reallyvwanted to see her and Brady settle down and have a calm life together. All the great actors are leaving the show. Love the show, but not sure there is much left to watch.