Dancing With the Stars Season 24: Glee's Heather Morris, a Bachelor, Mr. T, Charo, Nancy Kerrigan Among Cast

I pity the fool who has to tell Mr. T to work on his quick step!

ABC on Wednesday revealed the full cast line-up for Dancing With the Stars Season 24, and The A-Team actor, Bachelor Nick Viall and Olympians Simone Biles and Nancy Kerrigan are among the celebrities confirmed to compete.

They join Glee grad Heather Morris, who clearly has an advantage going into the dance contest. Not only did Morris once compete on So You Think You Can Dance (having been eliminated during Vegas Week in Season 2), but she served as a back-up dancer to Beyoncé ahead of her time on the Fox drama.

Rounding out the cast: Saturday Night Live alum Chris Kattan, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills‘ Erika Jayne, ex-Jacksonville Jaguars running back Rashad Jennings, former Chicago Cubs catcher David Ross, professional bull rider Bonner BoltonFifth Harmony’s Normani Kordei and actress/comedienne/10-time Love Boat passenger Charo.

Peruse the attached gallery (or click here for direct access) to see which pros have been partnered up with this spring’s stars, then share your thoughts on the new cast.

1. SB says:

So Heather Morris is going to win. How disappointing. Aren’t there enough “stars” out there that don’t have professional dance experience that could be on the show? Why can’t they stick with actors and athletes?

2. Jenny says:

OK, there are a lot of “ringers” but I’m fine with it. I’m excited to see some really good dancing! I feel bad for Mr. T though.

3. z says:

One might think Heather Morris got this in the bag but SImone Biles is America’s sweetheart and Normani Kordei has the 5H fanbase behind her. Quite difficult to predict who will win unlike the previous 3 seasons where they released the cast and I correctly predicted the winner. And I dont even watch DWTS

• Dave says:

You predicted Nyle in season 22? I didn’t mark his name down as winner until I saw he actually had dance talent.

• z says:

Yeah. One, he was the only person I recognized and also I remember he was quite good in that music video challenge on antm

• Fabrizia says:

I wonder if Simone will have a medical explanation for taking performance enhancing drugs this time too like she did for Rio2016, but I guess having ADD will work this time too. Good luck everybody else!

• Susannah says:

Having ADD would be the medical explanation!

• Fabrizia says:

That’s settles it. The advantage in strenght and resistance to pain is only an unwanted side effect of the medication, those other suckers that have to do it own their own are just jelly!

• lisa says:

That’s not nice. I’m an adult and it is still embarrassing to have to tell an employer that I take Adderal for ADD and that I’m dyslexic. I know that people take it for recreational purposes, but some people need it. Also, people who are prescribed adderral or ridalin have to take a drug test at least every 3 months, which also sucks and is somewhat humiliating.

• Fabrizia says:

Do you also compete in sport tournaments, earning $$$, fame, adoration, lucrative advertisement deals? You take the drug to do your job and function normally (I take a different one for the same reasons). She benefits from the side effects of it and has an advantage on her comnpetitors who complained when the news came out. Had it been an athlete from a different country, one that doesn’t have so much influence ($$$) on the Olympic Comitee she would not have been allowed to compete. The same goes for the Williams sisters. This doesn’t mean they aren’t extraordinary athlethes, but so is Lance Armstrong and he had to apologize to Oprah.

• Vanessa says:

“Same goes for the Williams sisters” LOL. Just admit you have an issue with Black female athletes being great and winning, especially when the sport is traditionally and most heavily white-dominated.

4. fernando933 says:

Well there’s the top three Heather, Simone, & Normani. So many young celebs in one season. I really love Erika from housewives so I hope she can dance and move far in the show.

5. Jobless says:

Oh come on, Heather Morris was actually a professional dancer. That’s going a little too far imo.

• Gibby says:

Not only is she a professional dancer, she was supposed to be one of the Glee choreographers when she first came to the show. How does anyone compete with someone who could easily be on the other side of the dance duo? Maybe she’ll get a job as a dancer/choreographer next season – she wouldn’t even need to audition.

6. DAVID says:

Remember Nicole Scherzinger? sInger dancer with pussycat dolls and she won. That was not fair either.

• James says:

And former reality star from Popstars. :D

• John R. says:

It’s not like bumping and grinding with the Pussycat Dolls was as technical as ballroom dancing. Plus, she was competing against a guy who just became the Olympic Champion in figure skating a month before the season started. So it wasn’t that easy for her.

7. Shannan says:

Ok so I guess this is their way of letting Maks finally win one, Because not only is Heather Morris a professional dancer, I believe she was also the Dance Captain(choreographers right hand) on Glee.

• Maks has one already. He won Season 18 with Meryl Davis

• Ted says:

Completely false: Heather Morris, Naya Rivera, Harry Shum Jr., & Dijon Talton were all originally hired as extras/dancers/singers to be mostly non-speaking sidekicks to Quinn & Finn.(Morris has mentioned in multiple interviews that she was originally hired only to perform the “singles ladies” dance in one episode & it was only after production saw her chemistry with the other actors that they made her character one of Quinn’s Cheerios sidekicks.) Only later did production decide to add their characters to the glee club (to meet the 12 member requirement). Due to fan response, the first three were upped to regulars in season two. Were Morris & Shum the best dancers in the regular cast resulting in them (along with Matthew Morrison & later Jacob Artist) being featured in the dance numbers? Sure, but to call either of them “dance captains” is an insult to Zach Woodlee & the other professional choreographers that worked on the show. That would be like calling Lea Michele & Darren Criss, the “music captains” just because they were featured singing more than other cast members. Did Morris & Shum pick up the choreography more quickly than other cast members? Probably. Were they leading other cast members & featured extras (including the opposing gee clubs who had many extravagantly choreographed routines that were filmed by a second unit) in learning choreography? No: as that’s actually the job of the choreographer, assistant choreographer (Brooke) and his team.

8. Thea says:

Fingers crossed Simone and Normani have good chemistry with their partners and can pick up the steps well. We know they have rhythm, but we also know ballroom is a-whole-nother animal compared to floor and pop/hip hop choreo. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

9. Steve F. says:

Heather Morris has this in the bag for 2 reasons – her dance experience, and the power of the Bey-hive!

10. ToyCannon says:

It is totally unfair to allow Heather Morris on this show. This would be like allowing Lea Michelle to compete on American Idol or The Voice.

• kitsunesaru says:

Not really. Unless it was American Idol: Star Edition. There were rules in place that prevented people who had previous record deals from competing if I remember correctly.
      Heather certainly has an advantage, but many season ago that girl from the Cheetah Girls (her name escapes me) had the most dance background but was voted out super early. Stars with dance backgrounds are never a shoe-in.

• Lacey says:

You can compete on the voice with previous record deals, but that doesn’t make it fair to non experienced people.

11. AngelWasHere says:

I could have sworn I’ve seen Charo on dwts before. She’s so annoying, so it’s going take a lot patience to watch her. And woah where did they dig Chris Kattan up? His face looks…..different. Hmm or maybe it’s, because he’s aged and I literally haven’t seen him in forever!

• Ted says:

Chris Kattan’s main hook is that his daughter (Elle King) is now a successful singer (who has appeared on DwTS). I’m sure his interviews will focus on their relationship.

12. Maybe it’s a way to make a season with Simone Biles and Nancy Kerrigan competitive. Simone is going to be hard to beat given it’s a popularity contest and her background, plus everyone is going to be hating on Morris for fully breaking and not just bending the rules of the show.

13. J.B. says:

I just hope they have enough good security to keep anybody with an ASP telescopic baton away from dancers.

14. Leanne says:

dancing with the “stars” Not to many stars. Nancy Kerrigan certainly not one. She does love herself tho. r

• Eric H says:

How is she not a star? She’s a two-time Olympic medalist and a world famous former athlete (even if much of that is because of the Tonya Harding incident) that most people would know.

• Ted says:

Yes: Nancy’s one of the most notable names in the cast. I think she will have some natural dancing ability & will work hard to master the routines, but might not be as good as Kristi Yamaguchi/Meryl Davis/Apollo Ohno. 1) She’s older and 2) playing to the crowd/performing the character is not natural to her. This wasn’t Kristi’s or Apollo’s strength either, but both improved considerably as their season progressed. I see Nancy as being more introverted & rigid.

15. LAwoman says:

I hope Rashad Jennings is good. The NFL players are usually pretty fun to watch. Curious to see how the baseball player does.

16. As Cubs fans,my daughter and I are really excited to see Grandpa Rossy dance and win!!

17. Emily says:

David Ross!! He should be fun to watch. I’ve never watched DWTS but I may have to tune in just to see him.

18. MMD says:

This is my one and only guilty pleasure but it is no longer must see tv. I’m glad that some of the troupe are getting a chance and will not miss Derek (hope Julianne is touring with him), Mark, Cheryl or Karina. I will however truly miss Tony Dovolani who has had practically every senior citizen and has the patience of a saint. He is a true gentleman and a great dancer who I wish only the best.

19. Rose says:

WHat are the chances of PUre Genius coming Back ….?????PLEASE

20. Cindy says:

I have to say I like this cast there are a handful I don’t know but it will be a competitive season and the serious contenders will bring their A game, others not so much and the women celebs will be in the final 3. Meaning the men pros will be in the final 3 as well. One thing about Heather is that she can dance and has musicality but never has done ballroom on Glee. Her kicks and arms will serve her good in latin and ballroom. I know that Chris can be serious as I have seen him on a cooking show with Patricia Heaton. Charo will be one of the first to go. Bring on the entertainment!!!!!

21. KP MOM says:

It’s utterly ridiculous that they cast Heather Morris as a contestant. She’s a professional dancer AND choreographer. They should have hired her as a pro not a contestant. I like her very much as a dancer and an actress but I hope no one votes for her out of principle.

22. Leesa says:

I just love to watch DWTS every season.. I love the outfits , the makeup and of course the dancing. Chris Kattan is adorable and I used to love seeing him on Saturday Night Live. Charro may be old , but at least she is going to try to dance and she is representing the Latino community. Many people notice that there are hardly ever latino contestants. I think Heather, Simone and Rashad will be in the finals.