Incorporated Cancelled

TVLine Items: Incorporated Cancelled, Jeremy Piven's CBS Pilot and More

Dennis Haysbert’s casting in the NBC pilot Reverie was, indeed, a bad sign for Syfy’s Incorporated.

The futuristic thriller, starring Haysbert and Sean Teale, has been cancelled after one season, our sister site Deadline reports.

The drama — which hails from executive producers Matt Damon and Ben Affleck — wrapped its ten-episode freshman run on Jan. 25.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Emmy winner Jeremy Piven (Entourage) will star in the CBS drama pilot Wisdom of the Crowd as a tech innovator who creates a cutting-edge crowd-sourcing hub to solve his own daughter’s murder, Deadline reports.

* Keke Palmer (Scream Queens) has joined the cast of Epix’s original drama Berlin Station as a series regular for Season 2, per Deadline.

* Season 2 of Disney XD’s Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy will debut with back-to-back episodes on Saturday, March 11 at 9/8c.

* The ATX Television Festival, taking place June 8-11 in Austin, Texas, will host a panel for NBC’s freshman hit This Is Us, as well as reunions for ABC’s yuppie dramedy thirtysomething and Lisa Kudrow’s HBO showbiz satire The Comeback.

1. Iris says:

Pure Genius flopped. APB is flopping. And yet CBS develops yet another show on the exact same concept? Don’t they want people to watch? SMH.

• KLS says:

It does look like CBS is desperate to find a show that works in that same space/genre. Maybe they think if they just keep throwing the same s**t at the wall, something will stick?

• Temperance says:

The two leads in APB are great… the rest of the show isn’t.

• Blair Ramsey says:

Incorporated was awful. My vision of its demise came through, just like the one I had for Doubt! ;D

So Keke is series regular somewhere? Come on Fox!!! Put out a Chanels/Munsch/Hemphill season. Keke I love, but she can be a doctor elsewhere, and Hester is off on her island with Brock….THIS CAN WORK!!!

2. Rose Vance says:

Not surprised it was a tedious show

3. M says:

I’m sorry to hear about Incorporated. I enjoyed it overall.

4. david7118 says:

I’m so tired of “x person died let’s solve the murder” shows which, we think, gets solved at the end of season one only to find out at the beginning of season two that it’s the wrong person and here we go again. Just no.

5. kirads09 says:

Bummed about Incorporated. It was smart, suspenseful and very timely, well written and well acted.

6. TVg says:

that bad news :(

7. Sarah says:

Great to see Jeremy Piven back on TV!!

8. Ram510 says:

First Jonny Lee Miller and now Jeremy Piven. I hope this show doesn’t get picked up so they dont waste a talented actor on a mediocre show like the did with Elementary

9. Ian says:

I got to near the end of the season a fan, but I was soured on the mishandling of Elena’s perspective overall and of Theo’s sexuality.

So I’m ok with the cancellation. Hope Denyse Tontz bags a great new gig, and hopefully Syfy gains a better respect for gay representation in the future in addition to The Magicians.

10. I’d love to see somebody give Allison Miller a show that can last more than one season. She was great in Kings, but NBC sabotaged that show and she hasn’t been given a good script since.

11. maggie says:

While I loved the show “Mr. Selfridge” I disliked Jeremy Piven as the lead. Everyone else was great, but he didn’t seem like a guy from the early 1900’s. He comes across as too modern. I hope his new show is a better fit.

12. jp says:

Looks like Scream Queens is done – now two of the girls are going to be in other shows.

13. Reed says:

Not surprised to see Incorporated on the axed list. The initial premise about the destruction caused by global warming resulting in big biz taking over when government collapses was interesting, but the wildly uneven science (central Canada is some kind of paradise untouched by what decimates the rest of planet? Huh?) and the plodding story line made it kind of dull after a spell. I love sci fi shows but this one just…didn’t have it. Good luck to the cast in their new endeavours.

14. Japes says:

Oh this is sad. Incorporated was so good. Especially when the details were filled in. Love the natural futuristic vibes.