Exclusive

Criminal Minds Sneak Peek: Reid Is Subjected to a Killer Interrogation

This week on Criminal Minds, Spencer Reid’s situation will only get more dire, as the investigation into his alleged murder of a doctor in Mexico heats up.

In tonight’s Season 12 episode, titled “Collision Course” (CBS, 9/8c), Reid (played by TVLine Performer of the Week Honorable Mention Matthew Gray Gubler) gets put through the wringer by Fiona Duncan (Night Shift alum Jeananne Goossen), a legal eagle who has been retained to defend him. Does he have an answer for all of her tough questions? Or, any of them for that matter? Press play on the exclusive sneak peek above to see how Spencer fares.

Elsewhere in the episode, while Reid prepares to face the music, the BAU investigates the cause of several fatal car crashes involving drivers and pedestrians.

Want more scoop on Criminal Minds, or for any other show? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Angela says:

I would’ve hoped she’d believe him quickly. Reid’s just not that good a liar :p.
    Seriously, though, agh, it’s so sad to see him in this situation at all, and seeing somebody with his kind of unique memory struggling to remember things makes it all the more upsetting. I like the toughness of this lawyer, though, and look forward to seeing how she’ll work to help Reid out. I think this episode could make me even more nervous than last week’s did!

• Sue says:

I thought both actors did a good job with the interrogation scene. I like that Reid appears to have a strong lawyer and look forward to seeing her handle his case.

2. IS Reid going off the show?

3. . says:

Erica Messer said something in an interview about wanting it to seem realistic. Last night, there was a line about how pleading guilty would end Reid’s career.. Um, IRL, wouldn’t an agent’s career likely already be over just on the accusation and with all of the evidence? Even if he or she was later proven innocent. They would likely be asked to resign. They would always be a liability in any court case. All a defense attorney would have to do is bring it up in court that the agent was once accused of murder. It would be enough for reasonable doubt, so any criminal could potentially get off charges in any case in which said agent was involved. so how are they going to justify him still staying with the team and make it realistic? Just having him as a consultant only could still possibly bring up the same issues. They should have used his mom as the potential killer, not Spencer. It would still give MGG the emotional acting challenge without the whole potential liability to court cases against unsubs.

• Sue says:

You bring up some interesting points. Perhaps Reid will be asked to resign in the season finale but there will be a way to keep him around come season 13. I’m not sure how that would work, but I certainly want Reid to stay! That said, while this is all a bit confusing, I’m enjoying the current story and am happy to see more of Spencer! I do wish Morgan could be here to help in all of this though.

4. Andrea says:

It’s a terrible story line for such a great character.

5. Susanne says:

I’m investing one more week in the show, hoping the “Reid in Peril” crap ends before I end up dropping my season pass. I’m very stubborn about sticking with shows I’ve watched for a long time, and I’ve stayed through losing Emily and JJ, and the revolving door of replacements, and even losing Morgan and Hotch. But, this storyline is just about the last straw. We’ve been watching Reid be one character for a decade, and suddenly he isn’t that guy at all anymore? You can only treat your audience with contempt for just so long before you lose them.

6. Jack Vasen says:

CBS – I’m done with this show. You’ve ruined it.