The Vampire Diaries Spoilers

The Vampire Diaries Photos: [Spoiler] Crashes Stefan and Caroline's Wedding

The Vampire Diaries‘ final season is apparently saving its craziest returns for last.

The CW on Tuesday released photos from the show’s penultimate episode — airing Friday, March 3 at 8/7c — which reveal that Stefan and Caroline’s wedding is graced by none other than Kelly freakin’ Donovan.

That’s right, Matt and Vicki’s mom — last seen skipping town back in Season 1 — is returning grace the “Steroline” June wedding. Of course, the nature of the wedding might not be what fans are expecting, given this ominous synopsis:

WEDDING BELLS? — A wedding is quickly planned in order for Damon and Stefan to lure a dangerous enemy out into the open. This looming threat puts the fate of Mystic Falls in eminent danger and must be destroyed.

Is your mind blown by this (previously unannounced) wedding guest? Who else would you like to see on Caroline and Stefan’s big day? Click here to see the new photos, then drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Stacey says:

Wow, that spoiler account was right. I’m really surprised, I bet they are right about whom she is working with too! So glad this is a fake wedding, SC is painful to stomach! Can’t wait for the finale!

• Kayla says:

Do you have more spoilers? What is your source if you don’t mind saying?

• Stacey says:

Not a problem! It’s a twitter account, and she has been pretty much been on the money. I posted some of her spoilers on Spoiler TV and credited her. Unfortunately, she is not accepting anymore followers, but it is TVD_Season_7.

• "A" says:

I don’t think it’ll stay fake.
      After Cade is destroyed once and for all Stefan & Caroline will decide to marry for real … but … their happiness won’t last because after their honeymoon Stefan will be drained of the cure the next day and he’ll end up aging like Katherine and dying in Caroline’s arms.

• Lai says:

How can she marry him after what he did to Bonnie? Humanity or not, that’s beyond awful. I will be done completely with her after that.

• Sharon says:

Why would they marry when they are breaking up every other episode AND why would they marry when Stefan is now human!

• Jane says:

Yes it’d be getting married just for the sake of it. As if saying “I do” can magically fix all their issues

• Fran says:

Yes it was beyond awful. But both Stefan and Damon have done SO many awful things and killed so many people…and yet everyone always ends up forgiving them anyway, so I’m not sure why this time would be any different? Honestly I dont think either Salvatore should live. They have completely destroyed and ruined so many peoples lives…they don’t deserve a happy ending.

• jbj says:

I know, right?! One of the things I liked about the most recent episode was that both Stefan and Caroline had to face the fallout of his actions. Granted, she’s had her share of “lost weekends,” but his have been pretty extreme. As you get older, you get tired of cleaning up someone else’s messes, or making excuses for them.

• Jane says:

I get your point, but for instance Mikaelsons (and many other vampires) have done worse things and they’ve been around for centuries. So why Salvatores (who at least occasionally do good and seek redemption) have to die relatively young (for vampires)? For vampires Salvatores are among more moral ones

• Stacey says:

Don’t worry it’s staged, plus I just read some spoilers from multiple sources.

• rarefied says:

Have you ever watched this show? That’s just par for the course. Damon killed a lot of Stefan and Elena’s friends and raped and abused women, including Caroline, but Delena fans still ignore that. Klaus is a creepy stalker who murdered Tyler’s mom and tormented Caroline’s friends, but Klaroline fans are happy to ignore that. EVERY SINGLE SHIP on this show has issues like that because every single male (and some female) character is a violent abuser, but people still try to use arguments like that against other ships. Guess what? Everyone’s ship on this show stinks. That’s just the nature of vampire shows.

• Ari says:

Right? I mean how many times did Damon kill Jeremy? All forgotten when he looked at Elena with his wounded man pain eyes. Also, why would Caroline suddenly start caring about Bonnie? Caroline has shown almost no interest in anything Bonnie has done over the last 7 years so why would Stefan killing the love of her life change that?

• Val M says:

Stefan will die because he will give (voluntarily) the cure to Damon, proving once again that he chooses Damon over Caroline

• Maria says:

For such a guy who prides himself on being a good person, he’s awful to Caroline compared to what he was like with Elena.

• Rachel says:

That’s because he really loved Elena. In s6 Caroline, Damon and everyone was forcing him to be with Caroline so what can you expect? I hope Plec isn’t ridiculous enough to force a real SC marriage on us just to have Stefan die. SC was one of the worst pairings on TVD so glad this show is ending.

• Ari says:

To be fair, Caroline is also pretty awful to him. Remember how she spent all of last season telling everyone who would listen that she hated Stefan because he didn’t stick around while he was being hunted relentlessly by that hunter woman? Also, see her obsession with the June wedding that doesn’t seem to take Stefan into account at all. I am honestly convinced she’d marry anyone that would show up just so she can say she had a June wedding.

• I TOTALLY agree! Caroline belongs with Klaus, who absolutely adores the earth she walks on.

• J says:

I hope if it is Stefan who dies that there is an emotional scene between the brothers. I’m kind of sick of Stefan and Caroline and have always been most interested in the brothers relationship more then anything else.

• J says:

Yes I am also wondering where you found those spoilers. The suspense is killing me and I am dying to know how it all wraps up!!

• Stacey says:

Are you on disqus? You can find me under The Cynical Cat. I just post what I read, I don’t have any direct sources. But the spoilers have been accurate thus far. Sorry can’t post here since that wouldn’t be fair to everyone.

• Ella says:

As a former fan of this once great show. I’m glad it got cancelled. The pairing of the brother and sister Stefan and Caroline is literally gross to watch. Dulena will ALWAYS be remembered as the downfall of TVD’s.

2. Gina says:

Didn’t they do the fake wedding to lure out the bad guy on Arrow last season?

3. Mleha says:

I’m super disappointed that Caroline’s going to spend 60 year so if her immortal Life cleaning up after a guy who really doesn’t deserve her. Especially after he killed Bonnie’s love. Talk about ruining the only girl friendship this series still has. I Will be very upset if this wedding turns out to be real after that.

4. Jess says:

I forgot that Matt’s mom was still alive, since pretty much everyone else has no parents.

• Kayla says:

Not only that but both of his parents are alive. I guess the only way to stay alive is to leave Mystic Falls. And also, be a terrible parent.

5. Sharon says:

Kelly Donovan…seriously? When is April Young going to show up?

6. DarkDefender says:

Elena. I’d like to see her in both of the last two episodes.

7. rarefied says:

I was always bummed that they ditched the planned “Matt’s mom is a succubus” plot. Incubus!Matt would have been the best plot ever.

• Irena Słoma says:

Lol what? I’ve never heard about that. Source?

• Kayla says:

So was I. I have never liked the way the approach magic and the supernatural. In the TVD universe, all supernaturals were turned into that by witches. We have never seen a trueborn supernatural which limits the room to play with origins and mythology. If they had gone this route where we got to see a variety of creatures it would have been more entertaining. Plus Melinda Clarke is great.

8. Well, I HATE Stefan and Caroline together. It’s incestuous. I’m also not a big Elena fan but I do want to see her and Damon together in the end if only because I love Damon and want to see him have a happy ending. In my fictional fantasy world…

• Rachel says:

Agree with you on all except D/E I had enough of them and hope Damon & Stefan can realize they don’t need a Petrova to make them happy. Damon has had no development and is still stuck waiting for ‘Katherine’…how boring and unimaginative of the writers.

• Ari says:

My dream ending for this show is that Caroline gets a mirror and is endlessly distracted by talking to herself about herself, Elena wakes up to Damon hovering over her like the creep he is, just as she realizes what’s going on Stefan rolls in and rips Damon’s heart out. Of course, now that Stefan is human that whole heart ripping thing probably isn’t going to happen. A girl can dream though.

9. Quinn says:

Talk about a series going out with a whimper. Kelly Donovan is not really a shocking guest. She’s a nutty barfly who’s just horning in on Matt’s life.
    As for the uncomfortable notion of a wedding between serial killer Stefan, who’s now in mourning as a human with a conscience and the ever optimistic Caroline….barf.
    Hope the writers pull a Hail Mary and send the show off in a better direction.
    Give Caroline her life back as a news anchor who gets to share Lizzy and Josie with Alaric because she loves them, and let Stefan and Damon make amends as brothers, once and for all. Oh yeah….give Bonnie a break and bring Enzo back for the brink and let them be together.

10. Gift says:

people give it a rest! yes Stefan has done awful things which he either gets into trying to save or protect people he cares about but still try to atone for his sins. He killed Enzo get over it. Let’s do justice to all the characters they re all awful people. Stefan have been miserable since he was a vampire. He killed Enzo nd now he doesn’t deserve to be loved, happy or to live really guys? Damon has killed many people that matters to people he cares about. he has kill Stefan’s best friend, Elena’s brother countless times nd her friends even Bonnie’s had to go through a lot in his hands all because his feelings is hurt, what an excuse…. How can Elena be the one who keeps his humanity in check? You re either good or pure evil! No one has to be responsible for u doing good. yet u people think he deserves a happy ending, to live with Elena nd not pay for his sins,Come guys! Even Elena needs to pay for falling for vampires. Bonnie’s happiness has nothing to do with Stefan. she can as well bring Enzo back now she knows where he is. she might not have her magic but she has the bloodline of great watches plus all the knowledge she acquired, do something with it. True, Caroline nd Stefan do not belong together, she also has spend since season 1 looking for someone to love her. No man she dates actually really care for her they leave her at some point except klaus who she isn’t ready to give a chance. you can’t blame the girl for being desperate trying to keep Stefan, she should knw that Stefan will always love Elena. if Stefan has to die in the end so should Damon that is the right justice. No need for Stefan to sacrifice for Damon nd Elena to be happy because they don’t deserve his sacrifice in any way. if anything they owe him for letting them be together. he would have chosen to make their lives nd relationship a living hell. But he let go acting decent. This is what I think